Home The Bridge

Offer Wall feedback thread - Live now!

Comments

• RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    Ok so just so I can comment I tried an offer on iOS and android
    What a waste of my time.
    Although the Android offers look better less make a purchase type and more play this type.
    They are both rubbish.
    Taking me away from my beloved STTL
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I have had a look.

I don't buy into the "install this and do that" for prizes - I only install things if I trust what I'm downloading, and I don't.

I started the "take a survey", and stopped after I stopped trusting the privacy policy.

Some of the offers are "give other people money and we'll give you dilithium".

That will be the last time I ever look at the offer wall. I'm sorry, but I do not trust it and I will never use it.

Same. I don't want all these apps on my phone and survey just screams spam marketing.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks a lot like what I've seen in the WGT Golf game. (A very good game, btw.) But the types of offers look very similar. Surveys are generally the best, although when I did those offers way back when, some of them wanted your home address, phone number, etc., so I just avoided those particular ones. Others only needed your email, and it's easy enough to just give a burner email. And although I've never done them myself, the "install and play this other game to this level" or "spend money in this other game" offers I'm sure get plenty of takers, as they may be games that players might be interested in playing anyway.

As I mentioned previously, however, I honestly don't think the vast majority of people who visit this forum will be interested in The Wall. But it's also not going to affect you in any way whatsoever if you don't want it to (other than that issue that SilverRose brought up, which I'm guessing will now be a priority to fix soon). So, sure, take a gander if you're curious... but if you find it's not anything that appeals to you, may as well just go about your normal gameplay and let the folks who actually do have interest in these offers have at it.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to those who have posted here and tried this “addition to the game”. Based on what I’ve seen here, it’s exactly what I’ve seen and attempted in other games with the same results. I’m not even going to touch that button, hopefully in time dust from non use will make this just a bad memory and we can get legitimate ways to earn more dil.
    It reminds me of this scenario...Hmm I see the clams are on special nearly 75% off the normal price, either you had an error in ordering and were sent too many or the cooler went out for 24 hours and now you need to clean out the stock.. Tough decision I love clams and that price is a steal..what the heck you only live once bring on those clams..yummy.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Looks a lot like what I've seen in the WGT Golf game. (A very good game, btw.) But the types of offers look very similar. Surveys are generally the best, although when I did those offers way back when, some of them wanted your home address, phone number, etc., so I just avoided those particular ones. Others only needed your email, and it's easy enough to just give a burner email. And although I've never done them myself, the "install and play this other game to this level" or "spend money in this other game" offers I'm sure get plenty of takers, as they may be games that players might be interested in playing anyway.

As I mentioned previously, however, I honestly don't think the vast majority of people who visit this forum will be interested in The Wall. But it's also not going to affect you in any way whatsoever if you don't want it to (other than that issue that SilverRose brought up, which I'm guessing will now be a priority to fix soon). So, sure, take a gander if you're curious... but if you find it's not anything that appeals to you, may as well just go about your normal gameplay and let the folks who actually do have interest in these offers have at it.

Perhaps. But it seems to me like the developers could have used the time it took to broker this deal, incorporate the menu, etc. and instead fix some of the bigger issues with this game.

But yes, you have a good point. Let them waste time and resources on finding ways to incorporate predatory/buggy offers. Lets just ignore those, the same way they ignore bigger issues that are brought to their attention. Sounds like a great way to ensure that the game lasts forever.
  • I suggest let's let it run for awhile and if it doesn't work out (which I don't think it will due to possible issues with no one getting their dils) then TP can remove it. I see just a small handful of players that might try it. But it looks like the mass majority won't. So let it run its course. I do think TP is trying to do something different, and that is a good thing. So it probably won't work out. At least they are trying.

I echo that I'm glad there are new elements being brought into the game. This particular one appears to be scammy or a time sink so I'm not going to touch it.
  • I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like it. There are certainly plenty of offers I have no interest in. But I've done a few, and picked up a couple hundred Dil so far today. The best are the games I can install on an old tablet, and then let the kids play.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a few. Most offer don't seem worth it. At least it's not in your face and you may never click on the button if not looking for it.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, hard pass. Total goose chase so far.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, in interest of fair honesty, I went ahead and downloaded the Coin Sweeper game. Installed it and opened it. Which was the whole "task". 44 Dilithium was in my mailbox when STT reopened. Tried that one as a test, because I do sometimes play the Coin Sweeper at a carnival or lawn party.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I took a peek, yupper same as what it was in the Shoot, Whack, Blow up, Drop a Anvil on Bugs Bunny game. I'm passing. 🙂
  • JayBeezyJayBeezy ✭✭✭
    @Shan I'm sorry you're getting the abuse, but it does all seem a bit sleazy.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a peek, yupper same as what it was in the Shoot, Whack, Blow up, Drop a Anvil on Bugs Bunny game. I'm passing. 🙂

I only take the free Chests in that one.
    JayBeezy wrote: »
    @Shan I'm sorry you're getting the abuse, but it does all seem a bit sleazy.

Yes. Everyone please keep in mind Shan is just the person who ran from Marathon to Athens.

All she does is pass on the word.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to use the offer wall and was only frustrated
    Tried to do a survey and did a 5 min survey to link me with other surveys. Spent another 5-10 mins on that survey just to be kicked off saying this survey is not compatible with you and got no rewards. I won’t be revisiting the wall again
    The same happened to me after I refused to share my income. 10 minutes of very questionable questions (income, car brands, date of birth, ZIP code), and now they are in a weird status.

0wqn2bwiq23i.png

I managed to finish the one in the bottom, it broke the game though (blackscreen).

82k0a8bx8fe4.jpeg

ba2zqbonu4t3.jpeg

Overall not worth the time investment.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.