Home The Bridge
Options

New crew, Red Angel

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2020 in The Bridge
Is this the acute Red Angle, or the Obtuse. (Burnham or her mother)?

When do we find out her skills and traits.

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the new Gauntlet crew.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Is this the acute Red Angle, or the Obtuse. (Burnham or her mother)?

This was my first question, too. Burnham’s mother seems like the more obvious choice because it reduces the Angel’s utility as event crew.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...what skills do we think?

SCI, I would assume. Maybe SEC? And I can feel CMD because she basically led Disco around the universe.

I'm hoping I'm wrong. Because then that's the same mix as Armus.

And @Shan, can you confirm if she will count as a variant of Burnham ?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously? :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

SCI, I would assume. Maybe SEC? And I can feel CMD because she basically led Disco around the universe.

SEC/COM/SCI is possible, though I agree it would be far too close to Armus (and Gary Seven) to be of real value. My hope is for ENG/SEC/SCI or ENG/SEC/COM - someone who can break up ENG walls populated by The Caretaker while providing a gauntlet skill combo that is hard to find, unless you have two-skiller Augment Commander O’Brien. Given how involved Gabrielle was in building the suit, it’s a skill set that I think makes sense as well.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    i9fc2kcjyogx.jpeg

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully expect this to be another Gauntlet crew that I will never get (see: Caretaker, The). 🙁

My negativity aside, I could see an Eng, Sci. Com skill list; seeing as it was built by either momma Burnham or Mike Burnham; Sci as secondary because time travel obviously. The third trait is the wildcard; could also be Dip because it’s the catch all or Sec because it’s the second catch all (I see no chance at Med).
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the company gets its act together, I will play Gauntlet again, because this could be a very cool card. The skillset speculation alone will be entertaining enough for the next week. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Fi®3wallFi®3wall ✭✭✭
    This is amazing.
  • Options
    RoxtonRoxton ✭✭✭
    This should be fantastic. Please do not let us down with a underwhelming image
    This has the potential to be among the best Portrait in the game.
    I so do not want to be disappointed.
    Star Truckerz
    It's only my opinion but....

• Options
    Bye bye Armus... Don't get your slick stuck on the way out....
  • Options
    Do the developers realise that new cards are not new content?

It's like we scream, "new content" and they sling a couple of new cards our way.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the developers realise that new cards are not new content?

It's like we scream, "new content" and they sling a couple of new cards our way.

Honestly, I think they do realize that. Or at least that's the impression I got from Ben during his Timelines Talks interview.

I will say that a new Gauntlet character is a bit closer to new content than a regular card is, because it at least temporarily revives a part of the game, but Ben made it sound like there was more stuff coming that genuinely new.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gross choice IMO, glad others are content about it
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

I was thinking SEC (for protecting her daughter), with ENG & SCI (for having built the suit & equipment needed to travel through time & space).

I could see an argument made for MED, since she was essentially a distant caretaker/guardian for her daughter.
  • Options
    General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    A combination of ENG, CMD, and SCI could be a real possibility given what happens in the show.

We don’t have many ENG/CMD/MED crew...that would be nice.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like it would be science, engineering, diplomacy combo. Science because red angel was able to time travel, engineering because the suit was created, diplomacy because red angel was able to send signals to others.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    The Red Angel is a good choice. I like the devs' habit of using unique and extraordinary characters as Gauntlet rewards. Kevin Uxbridge would be another good choice for this in the future.

That said, if this one isn't an ENG primary crew with enough firepower to finally break the Caretaker's indefensible dominance of that trait, I will walk backwards into the ocean while howling a blood oath of vengeance to the gods.
  • Options
    I wonder how much of that contentment is relief at having a new gauntlet crew regardless of who it is, rather than the actual choice itself. I think I fall into that category, since the Red Angel was at the core of the most needlessly convoluted storyline I think Trek has ever featured. I’m also looking forward to a unique/useful skill set that we haven’t seen in the gauntlet yet.

It was a compressed version of ENT's temporal war, with a more personal, emotional core rather than ENT had.

Both were pretty weak as arcs though.

I enjoyed a lot of S2 of DISCO, but I found the arc overall came up short. The Red Angel was an intriguing character at the start, and could've joined Trek's roster of powerful beings, instead it ended up being pretty prosaic.