Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Akritirian Job (rerun) - 11/16 - edited with bonus crew

Comments

• Options
    Excited about this one. Nice call DB.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Burnham is ranked rewards and Reed is threshold but I know it'll be the reverse 🙄
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    I hope Burnham is ranked rewards and Reed is threshold but I know it'll be the reverse 🙄

Yep undoubtedly but we can hope not.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Last week I got a 5* cool behold:
    Damar, Paris, Kai Opaka

I figured Damar would be best bet, so I picked him.

DB proves me wrong a week later. I swear I feel like I'm getting trolled.

In those situations I will almost always pick a series regular since they are more likely to be event crew going forward

Main cast is usually the best option but not when you have a top gauntlet crewmember like Damar on offer. I use him alongside Kahless and Admiral Riker in CMD gauntlets. He gets higher crit percentages often too.
  • Options
    Hoping Delta Flyer Paris is the rank rather than packs as I've wanted that card for ages. That said, always love a good Kira and I think Disguised is the only one I don't have.

Hope they put Burnham in the £24.99 packs as I think I'll buy one to FF her and have a shot at Paris/Kira. Reed is sat nicely in the freezer so I won't buy if he's the prize.
  • Options
    Damar, Paris, Kai Opaka

I had exact same behold. Never lied Damar or opaka so providentially chose DF Paris
  • Options
    Thanks I also am not interested in Tom Paris but I HAVE been leveling my disguised Kira!
    "If you want level-headed answers to help you fit into polite society I'm not really the right person..." -CMDR Shepard
    "When the people around you are all one way and you're not, you can't help feeling like there's something wrong with you." -B'Elanna Torres
    "Simulations can't prepare you for the real thing. Nothing can." -Dr. Julian Bashir
    "There's no room in justice for loyalty, or friendship, or love. Justice, as the Humans like to say, is blind. I used to believe that. I'm not sure I can anymore." -Odo
    "Sleep, there's no such thing. It's just an old space tale like Sparkle dancers or Klingons with a heart of gold. " -Montgomery Scott
    "Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam"? No, "Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
  • Options
    Damar, Paris, Kai Opaka

I'll trade you my Paris for your Damar. Need me some Damar.
  • Options
    Looks great, good work team!
  • Options
    I just got back into the game recently and missed the first round of Burnham and haven't found her in the portal, so this will be great. What an addition. Thank you.
  • Options
    Might have to participate. I have Reed immortalized, a 2/5 Disguised Kira, some versions of Kira and Paris to assumably give more bonuses. Event pack could give me another Reed :/. Not sure if I have the resources to go after top 1,000 though.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got back into the game recently and missed the first round of Burnham and haven't found her in the portal, so this will be great. What an addition. Thank you.
    First Burnham was only in a Best Chance Pack for a few days then gone.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ValendValend ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Paris is one of my favorite characters, so I've been trying to get my hands on Delta Flyer Paris since I started playing (around mid to late last year).

So I'm awaiting this event with anticipation (and about 4500 dilithium saved up), but it's definitely unfortunate for me that there's another 5* crew. Even if I'm willing to buy one of the legendary event packs, it might not be Paris. And even if I do get a copy, it'll be harder to star him up. :( (Especially if I get a copy of Kira first and the $25 promo triggers for her instead)

But, this will probably be the best chance I'll get...
  • Options
    Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close to 30 2* Covert Contacts between Reed and Kira, not counting the variants. Ughhhhh. If only S31 shuttles weren’t a sub 40% success rate for me now. Now I remember why I put her off so long lol
  • Options
    Could have done without Michelle..I mean Michael.
  • Options
    Catch 42 coming up, got Kira immortalized and no Delta Paris. Go for some packs or not?

DB, double 5 star packs are bad and will potentially loose you cash.

Or you actually want us to spend our cash and leave us in a position where we have to buy more dil and airlock 5stars and feel highly frustrated?

Ah, who cares it's so easy to pull 5 stars so it doesn't matter, oh wait...

I've played since release and will continue to do so, but please, put some more thought into your packs.

From someone that have used the game as an excuse to rewatch all the series in chronological order, take my advice of not only reconsider your packs from an economic point, please spend a bit more time considering whom you put together in the packs. I understand and totally buy in the premise of the game, in fact I'm enjoying it a lot, but sometimes the combos and event story are a bit too, threadbare I guess is a good word.

• Options
    Morn wrote: »
    Catch 42 coming up, got Kira immortalized and no Delta Paris. Go for some packs or not?

DB, double 5 star packs are bad and will potentially loose you cash.

Or you actually want us to spend our cash and leave us in a position where we have to buy more dil and airlock 5stars and feel highly frustrated?

Ah, who cares it's so easy to pull 5 stars so it doesn't matter, oh wait...

I've played since release and will continue to do so, but please, put some more thought into your packs.

From someone that have used the game as an excuse to rewatch all the series in chronological order, take my advice of not only reconsider your packs from an economic point, please spend a bit more time considering whom you put together in the packs. I understand and totally buy in the premise of the game, in fact I'm enjoying it a lot, but sometimes the combos and event story are a bit too, threadbare I guess is a good word.

You don't enjoy 3 or 4 copies of Sniper Reed or Prisoner McCoy in each pack along with ship schematics that are useless to you?
  • Options

[/quote]

You don't enjoy 3 or 4 copies of Sniper Reed or Prisoner McCoy in each pack along with ship schematics that are useless to you? [/quote]

Nope

But I would accept it as part of the game to get Delta Paris, it's a collecting game for me so acceptable risk. Mix in a legendary that's only 550 honor or whatever you get for air locking one and count me out.

I'm not Ferengi enough to follow "Greater the risk, greater the reward". Actually, I think that even cousin Galia would give this one a miss...
  • Options
    Sweet, this is the event I wanted. I swear nearly every ship in the top 2000 of the arena has RP Reed and he annihilates me every time. I sense some payback on the horizon shade_smirk.gif
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    But I would accept it as part of the game to get Delta Paris, it's a collecting game for me so acceptable risk. Mix in a legendary that's only 550 honor or whatever you get for air locking one and count me out.

I'm not Ferengi enough to follow "Greater the risk, greater the reward". Actually, I think that even cousin Galia would give this one a miss...

To some extent I go for characters with good stats, but as a Star Trek fan, I feel more invested in the game than if it were some generic space title. So, I like collecting, too.

The dual 5* is a problem for me as well. I mentioned earlier in this thread Paris is one of my favorite characters, so I've been waiting for this event for a long, long time.

I suppose (had to look it up) both Paris and Kira were part of the original run, so if they removed one, it might be a coin toss as to which one, and those who wanted the other one wouldn't be happy. I guess I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope Paris is the legendary event bundle. Otherwise... I'm going to need some serious luck.
  • Options
    having both a FE DF Paris at 1/5 and a FF Rura Penthe Reed in the high 70s low 80s is a boon so i might as well get Reed fully prepped for this
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torias wrote: »
    Close to 30 2* Covert Contacts between Reed and Kira, not counting the variants. Ughhhhh. If only S31 shuttles weren’t a sub 40% success rate for me now. Now I remember why I put her off so long lol

I've been sending out batches of 0% shuttles to Section
    Valend wrote: »

To some extent I go for characters with good stats, but as a Star Trek fan, I feel more invested in the game than if it were some generic space title. So, I like collecting, too.

The dual 5* is a problem for me as well. I mentioned earlier in this thread Paris is one of my favorite characters, so I've been waiting for this event for a long, long time.

I suppose (had to look it up) both Paris and Kira were part of the original run, so if they removed one, it might be a coin toss as to which one, and those who wanted the other one wouldn't be happy. I guess I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope Paris is the legendary event bundle. Otherwise... I'm going to need some serious luck.

They usually switch the ranked 5* with the other.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, it's not the 5star event pack that's the issue, it is the event pack with random characters. Once you have one of them at max those packs become redundant.

I don't mind them switching main character in the 5star pack, up to them how to sell their packs.

My issue and feedback is to not put two of them in the random event pack. If I know who I have a chance to get, DB have a chance to get my cash. Mix in the chance of a totally useless legendary you have 0% chance of my dil.

Simples.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, it's not the 5star event pack that's the issue, it is the event pack with random characters. Once you have one of them at max those packs become redundant.

I don't mind them switching main character in the 5star pack, up to them how to sell their packs.

My issue and feedback is to not put two of them in the random event pack. If I know who I have a chance to get, DB have a chance to get my cash. Mix in the chance of a totally useless legendary you have 0% chance of my dil.

Simples.

That may be simple for you, but presumably other people want one of the characters and keep buying packs until they get that character. So diluting the 5* means they buy more packs looking for the 5* they want. Presumably DB has run the numbers and tested both approaches. They've decided that diluting generates more revenue than guaranteeing you a single 5*.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Simples.

That may be simple for you, but presumably other people want one of the characters and keep buying packs until they get that character. So diluting the 5* means they buy more packs looking for the 5* they want. Presumably DB has run the numbers and tested both approaches. They've decided that diluting generates more revenue than guaranteeing you a single 5*.

And that's the thing, some folks will buy more and some folks will buy less. Either DB has done numbers and it bears out, or they assume. Who knows.

But those in favor and those opposed should still speak up and let the dialogue continue, as well as voting with their wallets.
  • Options
    Was going to quote the last two posters, but it will start making the thread too long, but in short; both are right and I'll vote with my Dil or lack of Dil rather.
  • Options
    DF Paris is enough motivation for me. Going for him this time.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    DF Paris is enough motivation for me. Going for him this time.

go for it :D he is a solid unit to have around especially since he has a rare spread of skills: CMD, ENG, MED
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Valend wrote: »
    Paris is one of my favorite characters, so I've been trying to get my hands on Delta Flyer Paris since I started playing (around mid to late last year).

So I'm awaiting this event with anticipation (and about 4500 dilithium saved up), but it's definitely unfortunate for me that there's another 5* crew. Even if I'm willing to buy one of the legendary event packs, it might not be Paris. And even if I do get a copy, it'll be harder to star him up. :( (Especially if I get a copy of Kira first and the $25 promo triggers for her instead)

But, this will probably be the best chance I'll get...

I, as well, would really like to get DF Paris. I think {for my tastes} it is the best looking card I have seen.

Scott

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."