Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: The Akritirian Job (rerun) - 11/16 - edited with bonus crew

Comments

• Options
    Neos472 wrote: »
    Hungry Dog wrote: »
    DF Paris is enough motivation for me. Going for him this time.

go for it :D he is a solid unit to have around especially since he has a rare spread of skills: CMD, ENG, MED

I have one already, so another star is always nice. Not to mention it's one of my favorite Voyager episodes. Definitely going for it. I do like that skill combo.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just pulled a ledgendary behold...could have added a star to Obsidian Order Garek, but Disguised Kira was an option (perfect timing!) Would love a chance to put another star on her if she's the reward, or use her to help get the elusive Paris if it's him. Either way, I'll at least be able to finish Reed, so this will be an exciting event.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    It would be nice if they included all Discovery crew as alternates for the new Burnham, since there would only be a single 5* alternate otherwise. It would make sense as far as numbers go, since there are about as many Discovery crew as there are alternates for established crew (ie: Paris, Kira, Reed).

Discovery crew: 5* (Burnham, Lorca, Tilly), 4* (Saru, Stamets, Tyler), 2* (Saru)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    It would be nice if they included all Discovery crew as alternates for the new Burnham, since there would only be a single 5* alternate otherwise. It would make sense as far as numbers go, since there are about as many Discovery crew as there are alternates for established crew (ie: Paris, Kira, Reed).

Discovery crew: 5* (Burham, Lorca, Tilly), 4* (Saru, Stamets, Tyler), 2* (Saru)

I think they look at more how many overall total bonus crew are in the event before opening it up in other fashions. Sometimes they don't realize the implication of such when there may be a rerun down the road (like the last one that had a very large list of bonus crew.)

But who knows, maybe that's what they'll do. We'll know later today.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Original post edited with faction and bonus crew info.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird Shan says "small bonus: variants of event crew (if applicable). What does "if applicable" mean? Either variants of event crew give bonus or they dont. There are no other crew like offspring or ancestors with Paris, Reed, or Kira names so not sure why Shan would put "if applicable."
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Weird Shan says "small bonus: variants of event crew (if applicable). What does "if applicable" mean? Either variants of event crew give bonus or they dont. There are no other crew like offspring or ancestors with Paris, Reed, or Kira names so not sure why Shan would put "if applicable."

If applicable, meaning if there are any variants. There are for these crew, but not always.
  • Options
    Where are the stats for new crew?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    stats for event crew will be posted tomorrow
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Options
    eXo|cuzspicyeXo|cuzspicy ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

It means "I can just copy/paste this every week instead of actually typing a new post".

Which makes forcing us to wait until Tuesday for it even more insulting. They're basically saying "We can't confirm the event crew early anymore and even when we do announce it we still won't actually be confirming anything". It's literally zero useful information and now we have to wait even longer to get it.

I'd rather not get an update at all than one that just says "The variants are event crew like they have been for literally every event ever. Aren't you glad we couldn't confirm this last Friday?"

Edit: No disrespect to Shan, she's just the messenger I'm sure. But this whole situation is just really badly mishandled.
    "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."
  • Options
    If i get Burnham i will air lock her
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its actually funny as most events outside of a mega don't have bonus crew outside the character variants. It does happen but its not THAT often. So their delays on giving it are kinda hilarious.
  • Options
    Skizzy wrote: »

Thank you for your valuable input.

So it's okay for people to say how glad they are that a character that doesn't represent Starfleet like Burnham but it's not okay fir me yup say i don't want her i hope reed is the threshold reward
  • Options

So it's okay for people to say how glad they are that a character that doesn't represent Starfleet like Burnham but it's not okay fir me yup say i don't want her i hope reed is the threshold reward

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say except for the last bit about Reed, and that I agree with completely. I already have Reed FF, so I'd rather Burnham be the ranked reward. You can only get 3/4* from threshold rewards in a faction event, but you can FF the ranked reward if you place well enough.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say except for the last bit about Reed, and that I agree with completely. I already have Reed FF, so I'd rather Burnham be the ranked reward. You can only get 3/4* from threshold rewards in a faction event, but you can FF the ranked reward if you place well enough.

He's commenting on how flawed he thinks the character is, and I believe he took your comment as sarcastic snark, and attempted to clap-back.

Some punctuation here and there might help his point.

• Options

If you can't understand you have issues as burngam doesn't really t represent the real star trek that id's why i would space her do toy that or do i need to use smaller words
  • Options

If you can't understand you have issues as burngam doesn't really t represent the real star trek that id's why i would space her do toy that or do i need to use smaller words

Lol. Okay. Peace.
  • Options
    **tsk tsk**!! We wait this long got "if applicable " ?????
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Akritirian Job (rerun)
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Delta Flyer Paris 5* (Existing), Rura Penthe Reed 4* (Existing), Disguised Kira 5* (Existing), and Tactical Michael Burnham 4*(New)
    Event Dates: Thursday 11/16 until Monday 11/20

Event Factions: Federation, Klingon Empire, Bajorans
    Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of event crew (if applicable)

"edited with bonus crew".

No crew members listed.

Not listing the crew shows considerable disrespect for your customers and costs DB greater time answering posts.

Is Anastasia Komananov event crew for this event? (I know that the wiki shows her as a version of Kira but does DB?)
  • Options
    CaptainUnderpantsCaptainUnderpants ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    SMM wrote: »

Is Anastasia Komananov event crew for this event? (I know that the wiki shows her as a version of Kira but does DB?)

She better count. I spent merits unvaulting her.
  • Options
    Oh, this has become such an entertaining thread. And very trek too..

We have an A plot that is apart of the series Arc) DB's diminishing communication to the players, this time to near humorous levels all the while stating like an 93 year old "im gonna get better at this" (this, behind most things)

And then we have the episode specific B plot)
    The petty bickering which lol had turned into quite the chuckle filled read.

Yes, please.. use smaller and easier to understand words then "I would space her do toy that". Most specifically.. the part about toys.
    I believe my limited English has failed me to the proper context in which that word has application to the rest of your sentence.

.. but thank you for sharing :)
    If she wasn't likely to be a stat monster,
    And the lead to an entire star trek series who will surely be used in many many events to come (cough cough ARCHER! Cough cough) I could see a scenario in which I may space her as well.
  • Options
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be changed from "Key information about next week’s event: The Akritirian Job (rerun) " to "Key information about THIS week’s event: The Akritirian Job (rerun)"?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    SMM wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Event Name: The Akritirian Job (rerun)
    Event Type: Faction Event
    Event Crew: Delta Flyer Paris 5* (Existing), Rura Penthe Reed 4* (Existing), Disguised Kira 5* (Existing), and Tactical Michael Burnham 4*(New)
    Event Dates: Thursday 11/16 until Monday 11/20

Event Factions: Federation, Klingon Empire, Bajorans
    Bonus crew:
    • high bonus: event crew
    • small bonus: variants of event crew (if applicable)

"edited with bonus crew".

No crew members listed.

Not listing the crew shows considerable disrespect for your customers and costs DB greater time answering posts.

That is normally how it goes. Since Anastasia is Kira in costume, she will be a variant. She was last event Kira was featured.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    Fresh wrote: »

People who have anointed themselves "decider" of what is "real star trek" are the ones with issues. You don't want the character, fine. But please don't subject us to the weekly "if I get X I will airlock them". Nobody cares. Please tell me what you will do if you get an itch on your left elbow. Because that is more useful than the "what is real star trek" rocket scientist popping up every 5 minutes to tell us who they will airlock. Save the negativity for wherever you usually hang out.

I try to stick to the threads just about event information for the very reason of avoiding constantly negative people who want to tell you about what is "real star trek". But I guess you are not getting enough attention in the other threads so you came over here.

No I'm not the decider but i never saw any Starfleet member argue let A alone murder another so it seems she is not Starfleet and if everyone else has a right to say to say how much they want her them i believe i have a right to say i will air lock her
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Fresh wrote: »

People who have anointed themselves "decider" of what is "real star trek" are the ones with issues. You don't want the character, fine. But please don't subject us to the weekly "if I get X I will airlock them". Nobody cares. Please tell me what you will do if you get an itch on your left elbow. Because that is more useful than the "what is real star trek" rocket scientist popping up every 5 minutes to tell us who they will airlock. Save the negativity for wherever you usually hang out.

I try to stick to the threads just about event information for the very reason of avoiding constantly negative people who want to tell you about what is "real star trek". But I guess you are not getting enough attention in the other threads so you came over here.

No I'm not the decider but i never saw any Starfleet member argue let A alone murder another so it seems she is not Starfleet and if everyone else has a right to say to say how much they want her them i believe i have a right to say i will air lock her

„Murder“ another starfleet member? Pretty obvious now, that you never watched Discovery(using the vulcan nerve pinch is far far away from murder). And you never saw a starfleet member argue with another? You re sure that ever watched Star Trek in general? ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    A lot of us have been waiting a long time to get a Burnham and we are thrilled! Burnham never murdered any starfleet officer and only rebelled in a poor attempt to protect them. The rest of the season she has been working to redeem herself. And Data tried to kill all the TNG crew multiple times but they still loved him. It was called a "plot device."
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Several Starfleet crew have committed murder, sometimes even of other Starfleet personnel. Valeris from the TOS movies, Walter Pierce in TNG, Chu'lak in DS9; you could even make the case that's what Janeway did to Tuvix in Voyager. The circumstances are generally exceptional, but it's hardly unprecedented.

Michael Burnham doesn't belong in that category.