Home The Bridge
Options

Edit: Enterprise Mega in August!

Comments

• Options
    I don't think EV Suit T'Pol necessarily means an ENT-themed mega event, but it doesn't rule it out either. It's just as likely to be an EV Suit, telepath or Vulcan themed mega, or simply T'Pol in an EV Suit plays some role in the storyline of the mega event which could be about anything, really.

It's not much to go on, but for the three mega events so far this year:
    - Twilight T'Pol was ranked 5* the week before the Picard and Number One TNG-ish themed mega event.
    - EV Suit Nhan from Disco was the ranked 5* heading into a largely Picard-themed mega event
    - Linnis Paris as the ranked 5* leading into the Suspiria/Voyager-themed event.

Personally, I hope EV Suit T'Pol has but a tangential relation to the mega event's theme and we're pleasantly surprised with a TAS mega event.

Do we know what episode EV Suit T'Pol is from? That might help us figure out which additional traits she has, and which ones might show up in the Mega. We're also still missing enough prominent Vulcans that I suppose they could do a second Vulcan Mega. And a Telepath Mega would still basically be Vulcans and friends.
  • Options
    Well, EV Suit T'Pol has just four traits: Vulcan, Starfleet, Astrophysicist, and Telepath. That narrows the possibilities quite a bit.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, EV Suit T'Pol has just four traits: Vulcan, Starfleet, Astrophysicist, and Telepath. That narrows the possibilities quite a bit.

Not really. We've seen plenty of examples recently where crew were not bonus after their event. We also had a TOS event that was all variants of TOS bridge crew. Given the traits listed, I would wager the mega bonus is more likely to not be one of those traits.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

Not really. We've seen plenty of examples recently where crew were not bonus after their event. We also had a TOS event that was all variants of TOS bridge crew. Given the traits listed, I would wager the mega bonus is more likely to not be one of those traits.

I agree, probably will not be one of T’Pol’s traits. my money is still on ENT or EV Suit
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I'd go with Enterprise as the theme, between the two.
    My reasons:
    The Campaign with Reed and Trip that starts Thursday will have given their first copies by about Monday, so, if anyone has joined recently, they will at least have one copy of the Reed for bonus. Not to say there won't be EV suits. We still need EVs of Reed, Mayweather, Hoshi, and Phlox, just from Enterprise.
    Also, I have been airlocking low rarity Enterprise crew like mad the last couple days. I'm pretty sure I've tossed the whole crew at least once. My bringbacks from an 8hr voyage yesterday were pure Enterprise with Desperate Riker as an exception. Boomer Mayweather, 2* Hoshi, Phlox, and Archer, 3* Reed and Money, and my 3* for Tarquin 4* (could be an existing later) were most of them, if not all. I've got the 2* Reed and Trip in recent days too. Usually a slant on the "random" crew is a good sign of event traits. Seen more Borg lately too. Maybe it uses "Regeneration" as a storyline. They did add Borg Phlox to the Honor Hall, the only Enterprise borg (other than those unlucky researchers). Anyone else notice this?

very good point, had EV Suit Archer pop up twice in my beholds yesterday as one example

Captain Level 99

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    The two campaign crew for the month, Tourists Tucker and Reed share the traits Human, Starfleet, Romantic and Resourceful. So maybe a Romantic or a Resourceful trait? Tucker has a casual trait so could be casual mega as well.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PenguinJim
    You are a genius.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PenguinJim And the phlox was blooming as well. Was there a cutler in Yorkshire? Was it a farmer or a gardener that helped you up? Did you need a bit of Jack Daniels afterwards?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    @The Collective (PoF) Since we can have a theme pack, there must be a way to 'weight' certain crew, series, or traits in the background. I've always suspected they give the RNG a nudge to help new players have at least a few crew that give bonus. Right before the prisoner mega, Prisoner Burnham was popping up twice a day.
    I'm good at noticing patterns and remembering details, so I do a fair job guessing the trait ahead of time. A fleetmate calls it my 'spideysense'.
    Tucker on the Ropes is in the Tuesday pack too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    @The Collective (PoF) Since we can have a theme pack, there must be a way to 'weight' certain crew, series, or traits in the background. I've always suspected they give the RNG a nudge to help new players have at least a few crew that give bonus. Right before the prisoner mega, Prisoner Burnham was popping up twice a day.
    I'm good at noticing patterns and remembering details, so I do a fair job guessing the trait ahead of time. A fleetmate calls it my 'spideysense'.
    Tucker on the Ropes is in the Tuesday pack too.

good observation skills :smile:

out of all my beholds so far...4 ENT characters...

Captain Level 99

• Options
    A Xindi Aquatic would make me very happy. I might even put down some dollar bills for that one (for the first time ever).

what is the name of the Aquatic xindi council member?
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Xindi Aquatic would make me very happy. I might even put down some dollar bills for that one (for the first time ever).

what is the name of the Aquatic xindi council member?

20dpwog726mm.jpeg
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Making all ENT bridge crew (Archer, T‘Pol, Tucker, Phlox, Reed, Sato, Mayweather,) bonus for all weeks would work out too.
    22 Legendaries and 17 SuperRare crew. Perfect amount of Bonus Pool.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I agree, probably will not be one of T’Pol’s traits. my money is still on ENT or EV Suit

I came to spectacles "EV Suit?!?!?"

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏾🖖🏿
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of you is probably right about the theme/trait, but just to be contrarian, I'm going to say the mega will be themed around first contact with new species. That kind-of ties in with T'Pol but it will have nothing to do with her traits. She'll just be a one-off as far as the mega goes.

Jumping ahead to speculating about the event sequence... T'Pol does have a functional ship ability for skirmish, so I'm going out on a limb and predicting skirmish, faction, faction+galaxy, and faction. Yep, I'm bringing back the faction hate! ;)
  • Options
    I don't think EV Suit T'Pol necessarily means an ENT-themed mega event, but it doesn't rule it out either. It's just as likely to be an EV Suit, telepath or Vulcan themed mega, or simply T'Pol in an EV Suit plays some role in the storyline of the mega event which could be about anything, really.

It's not much to go on, but for the three mega events so far this year:
    - Twilight T'Pol was ranked 5* the week before the Picard and Number One TNG-ish themed mega event.
    - EV Suit Nhan from Disco was the ranked 5* heading into a largely Picard-themed mega event
    - Linnis Paris as the ranked 5* leading into the Suspiria/Voyager-themed event.

Personally, I hope EV Suit T'Pol has but a tangential relation to the mega event's theme and we're pleasantly surprised with a TAS mega event.

Do we know what episode EV Suit T'Pol is from? That might help us figure out which additional traits she has, and which ones might show up in the Mega. We're also still missing enough prominent Vulcans that I suppose they could do a second Vulcan Mega. And a Telepath Mega would still basically be Vulcans and friends.

Sleeping Dawgs.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    BTW, for those concerned about how the Lower Decks characters might be styled for STT, ST Online just added all four main characters to their game.

xwewbn21rthn.jpg

at least someone other than me plays both games lol
  • Options
    Cutler was in three episodes and mentioned in either one or two more. My memory is fuzzy on dates, but Kellie Waymire died while Enterprise was still on the air, middle of season three or so. She was only 36. Had an undiagnosed heart condition and died in her sleep.

Oh. Didnt know that.
    They referenced that in the show, i think.
  • Options
    BTW, for those concerned about how the Lower Decks characters might be styled for STT, ST Online just added all four main characters to their game.

xwewbn21rthn.jpg

Those don't look bad. How do they compare to the other cards in that game, visually?

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

xwewbn21rthn.jpg

at least someone other than me plays both games lol

Although I have been neck deep in Warframe, Borderlands, and Destiny 2 for months, I go back to STO every so often to catch up on story content. And to enjoy all the ships I’ve collected over the years. :)

xwewbn21rthn.jpg

Those don't look bad. How do they compare to the other cards in that game, visually?

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

These are quite comparable to existing characters. Keep in mind that the game is about ten years old now, so the engine is quite a bit behind what we might expect from something more current.
  • Options
    To everyone who guessed Enterprise-themed Mega, please collect your winnings: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16691/announcing-our-august-mega-event-the-capitoline-wolf#latest

Humanoid Figure should be an interesting recurring crew. What traits/skills could he possibly have?
  • Options
    uskj2vpr0k2z.png
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    A startling discovery is made in the Neutral Zone: evidence of an ancient Romulan-Human civilization, originating on Earth!

Wow TP really got the feel of Enterprise writing with this storyline. Take things from TNG and throw them in Enterprise hoping the fans will like it whether or not it makes sense. That being said, the mega should be fun and I am intrigued by the storyline. Now if only I had crew slots to unfreeze my Enterprise crew.

Good thing they only matter in week 2.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone who guessed Enterprise-themed Mega, please collect your winnings: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/16691/announcing-our-august-mega-event-the-capitoline-wolf#latest

Humanoid Figure should be an interesting recurring crew. What traits/skills could he possibly have?

I imagine that his command should be quite high.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭

I imagine that his command should be quite high.

Command / Science (for the whole temporal communication thing) / Diplomacy or just Command / Science perhaps.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Six comments and no one has mentioned the new Shran???