Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Cultural Property - 08/13

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know it’s been mentioned but I hope he’s not a variant of Archer. From what i remember he was written as a 27th century Romulan.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    I know it’s been mentioned but I hope he’s not a variant of Archer. From what i remember he was written as a 27th century Romulan.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!!!!

That was revealed to be a red herring later.....

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Humanoid_Figure
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember, they never decided on the identity during the shows run. Retroactively they often claim Archer was a very strong candidate. But to my knowledge, there has never been a cannon identity reveal.

The law of subverting expectations would at this point remove Archer from consideration entirely. As he has predominantly been mentioned, he would be expected. Unless the reveal was simply a throw away line for fan service. If it were an active part of the story, he is too obvious now.
  • Options
    So, if you enhance a picture of the 'Humanoid Figure' it is clearly archer in a suit, with the "shadow" turned way up. Is the Humanoid Figure going to count as an archer variant?

Interesting. Since a totally different actor played the Future Humanoid......

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0572254/characters/nm0394533

...and his name (according to memory beta) is Jamran Harnoth
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zefram Gr wrote: »
    So, if you enhance a picture of the 'Humanoid Figure' it is clearly archer in a suit, with the "shadow" turned way up. Is the Humanoid Figure going to count as an archer variant?

Silly, but with a nice beat. Sort of like if they turned the actor (James Horan) into a Star Wars character.

He played The King in Fallout: New Vegas, so it's now my headcanon that the 'humanoid figure' is in fact an Elvis impersonator from the future.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    If books were cannon Trelane would have the Q Continuum trait.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish I still cared. Have fun, y’all. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Zefram Gr wrote: »

Silly, but with a nice beat. Sort of like if they turned the actor (James Horan) into a Star Wars character.

He played The King in Fallout: New Vegas, so it's now my headcanon that the 'humanoid figure' is in fact an Elvis impersonator from the future.

uh huh...
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously not useful for the skirmish, but prep for the faction after. What 4* would be likely to start thawing? (Granted we only know the 5* at this point as feature crew)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Obviously not useful for the skirmish, but prep for the faction after. What 4* would be likely to start thawing? (Granted we only know the 5* at this point as feature crew)

That's a poser. There's not another version of the 5 🌟 in the game. Maybe Vosk will be the existing, if it involves Storm Front in some way?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

You have the full list of bonus crew for the mega. They will all provide the same small bonus as variants of the featured crew. Just start thawing the best from that set. Unless we happen to get Kirk or Tomalak that week, any variants will already be on that list too. And Tomalak doesn't have a variant to matter.
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

You have the full list of bonus crew for the mega. They will all provide the same small bonus as variants of the featured crew. Just start thawing the best from that set. Unless we happen to get Kirk or Tomalak that week, any variants will already be on that list too. And Tomalak doesn't have a variant to matter.

Thanks, I wouldn't have come up with thaw the entire list on my own.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I remember, they never decided on the identity during the shows run. Retroactively they often claim Archer was a very strong candidate. But to my knowledge, there has never been a cannon identity reveal.

The law of subverting expectations would at this point remove Archer from consideration entirely. As he has predominantly been mentioned, he would be expected. Unless the reveal was simply a throw away line for fan service. If it were an active part of the story, he is too obvious now.

I'm kinda happy they never revealed the identity of the Humanoid Figure, it adds to the character's mystery. I've read the Archer or Romulan explanations they cooked up behind the scenes or after the show ended, and the latter might have been good but making it Archer always seemed a bit too on the nose or cheap to me.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda happy they never revealed the identity of the Humanoid Figure, it adds to the character's mystery.
    Agreed.

Had ENT continued, perhaps they could have built up to a satisfactory reveal. Although with that story arc concluded, and fairly unpopular, I'm not sure they'd have attempted it. But a multi-season Romulan arc ending with a big bad like Valdore locking himself in stasis could have worked.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what you're asking then. It sounded like you wanted speculation on who will be the bonus crew for the faction event to decide who to unfreeze. The specific bonus 4* is irrelevant other than unfreezing that 1 crew. Just go through the list and find the best crew at each skill or the skills you're weakest in. Do you need other people to go through the bonus list and tell you who are the best bonus crew?
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know what you're asking then. It sounded like you wanted speculation on who will be the bonus crew for the faction event to decide who to unfreeze. The specific bonus 4* is irrelevant other than unfreezing that 1 crew. Just go through the list and find the best crew at each skill or the skills you're weakest in. Do you need other people to go through the bonus list and tell you who are the best bonus crew?

It sounded to me like some suggestions for best bonus crew were requested, and to that end here are the 4* crew I’m thawing out:

-Young T’Pau
    -Young T’Pau (I ended up landing enough stars for a second one while feverishly trying to get Dr. Pollard during their event)
    -Mirror Mayweather
    -Desert T’Pol
    -North Star Archer
    -Vosk
    -Tholian Prisoner
    -Test Pilot Archer

I’m pulling EV Suit Archer, Ushaan Shran, and Mirror Cochrane out of the freezer as well. Between all of these and my existing pile of 1-5/5* legendary ENT crew, I should have more than enough crew to make a solid showing even without shuttle tokens and limited time-reducer boosts.

If crew slots and merits for thawing were unlimited, I probably would have also grabbed Mirror Phlox and maybe Rianna Mayweather. SEC/MED and ENG/MED are rather weak skill combos for me and they would be able to help there (Defensive Phlox doesn’t crack my top three among all bonus or non-bonus crew even at 3/5*). Other than those, I feel well-prepared for the Faction event.
  • Options

looks a bit like Lorca to me :tongue:

Well, the writers said themselves that the Humanoid Figure's identity would have been revealed as a future version of Archer if the show went on. So, maybe.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounded to me like some suggestions for best bonus crew were requested, and to that end here are the 4* crew I’m thawing out:

-Young T’Pau
    -Young T’Pau (I ended up landing enough stars for a second one while feverishly trying to get Dr. Pollard during their event)
    -Mirror Mayweather
    -Desert T’Pol
    -North Star Archer
    -Vosk
    -Tholian Prisoner
    -Test Pilot Archer

I’m pulling EV Suit Archer, Ushaan Shran, and Mirror Cochrane out of the freezer as well. Between all of these and my existing pile of 1-5/5* legendary ENT crew, I should have more than enough crew to make a solid showing even without shuttle tokens and limited time-reducer boosts.

If crew slots and merits for thawing were unlimited, I probably would have also grabbed Mirror Phlox and maybe Rianna Mayweather. SEC/MED and ENG/MED are rather weak skill combos for me and they would be able to help there (Defensive Phlox doesn’t crack my top three among all bonus or non-bonus crew even at 3/5*). Other than those, I feel well-prepared for the Faction event.

That’s a handy shortlist, @Dirk Gunderson . Thank you! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

Well, the writers said themselves that the Humanoid Figure's identity would have been revealed as a future version of Archer if the show went on. So, maybe.

well maybe future guy is lorca!! maybe that’s where prime lorca ended up??? @Prime Lorca [10FH] can you confirm this?!?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’ve never seen Lorca and Future Guy at the same time.🤔
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

well maybe future guy is lorca!! maybe that’s where prime lorca ended up??? @Prime Lorca [10FH] can you confirm this?!?

If I were one of their writers, this would absolutely become canon. They should reboot/continue ENT to add Prime Lorca (and to cover this mistake of the last episode, which should have been just a misstep of a season finale).
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed Vosk was the humanoid figure, it kind of put a neat little bow on the Temporal Cold War. Having it be Vosk makes, IMO, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sense than Archer.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    I always assumed Vosk was the humanoid figure, it kind of put a neat little bow on the Temporal Cold War. Having it be Vosk makes, IMO, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sense than Archer.

But weren't the Suliban trying to stop Vosk? I honestly cannot remember. Has been a while.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

But weren't the Suliban trying to stop Vosk? I honestly cannot remember. Has been a while.

🖖🏿🖖🏾🖖🏽🖖🏼🖖🏻🖖

Yes, Silik somehow found his way on board Enterprise between the destruction of the Xindi ship and the jump to the past, with the express purpose of stopping Vosk at all costs.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    But if we assume the reverse, Silik would have spent the bulk of the first 2 seasons actively working to stop his own employer (Archer). Either way it get messy, but I like the idea that Silik WAS working for Vosk until he figured out the truth that Vosk was really the bad guy, and switched allegiances and joined forces with Archer to stop Vosk as payback.
  • Options
    But if we assume the reverse, Silik would have spent the bulk of the first 2 seasons actively working to stop his own employer (Archer). Either way it get messy, but I like the idea that Silik WAS working for Vosk until he figured out the truth that Vosk was really the bad guy, and switched allegiances and joined forces with Archer to stop Vosk as payback.

My theory if it was Archer is that he was doing what he had to do to make the timeline right. I think I posted one possible reason here or another thread. Getting Klaang to that silo in Broken How was necessary to get the Enterprise launched at the "right" time to lead to the C.O.P., which led to the Federation......

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were one of their writers, this would absolutely become canon. They should reboot/continue ENT to add Prime Lorca (and to cover this mistake of the last episode, which should have been just a misstep of a season finale).

And they can unkill Trip, that was an abomination. Could just write it out that it was his alternate future Tucker. Or Mirror Tucker. Or The Ghost of Christmas Past Tucker. Anything to undo it.