Home The Bridge

How realistic is 10 billion points for community rewards?

First, without commas in there, I hope my interpretation of that number is correct. ;) Second, I’m not trying to start a dumpster fire with the question. I’m just curious what others think? 🤔 Is there a method of scoring or modifier that I missed when reading about the event? I just do not see that many points as realistic.
“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...

Comments

• Maybe we will get some boost when players cash in their rare rewards, but it's hard to see a path to 10 billion.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    You can probably figure on a billion in the last hour. But it'll be tight on the 8 billion as it is.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Maybe we will get some boost when players cash in their rare rewards, but it's hard to see a path to 10 billion.

I was really wondering if there was something I missed when reading about the event? That would be cool if the “cashing” system has been modified to work like that.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    My normal strategy is to hold back until phase 2, but I am doing my part. I will have both of my accounts hit 400,000 points before tomorrow morning. If we don't get there (currently WAY off the pace) I will at least be able to say I contributed to the effort :)
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m sticking with my prediction in whatever earlier thread I put it in... we’ll get there with 15hrs to spare.

If I’m wrong... 🤷‍♂️
  • If I'm not mistaken, there is no phase two, therefore it's 10 billion over four days. So, maybe?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Visit us on discord to find out more:
    https://discord.gg/hg8ZRyn/
  • Cpt_insano_2k1Cpt_insano_2k1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose that if convergence day quark, or a chance at him or judge q or cop picard was important to me, i would really be pushing for community engagement in this event.

I feel lucky to be able to say that Im thankful i can start the year out by not stressing about an STT event though.
  • I believe it's quite possible, the community was yesterday with New Year's celebrations, in 22 hours we did 1,3 Billions of points, but in less than 7 hours we made 500 Millions of points more, now that the celebrations have ended and that we all might have all the weekend to play, I bet we will obtain the full community prizes.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the weather is terrible, I have fed the outside animals, and Mom has had her treatment for the day. I'm in for the night with a real chance to play now. I'm off pace myself, but I intend to pick it up.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken, there is no phase two, therefore it's 10 billion over four days. So, maybe?
    Woops.

Well I just added 167k more points.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am confident we will make it.
  • I happened to stay up last night and saw when we hit the first 1-billion mark for Klingon Quark #1 right around 15.5 hours into the event, or 3:30 a.m. U.S. Eastern time on Friday. At that rate I forecasted we'd hit the 2-billion 31 hours in, the 4-billion with 34 hours to go, and the 6-billion with 3 hours to go

I had not considered that top peeps may be holding out til the final hour to burnish their tries for Top 1500 or what have you, and may add a full billion in the final hour. But if so, even THAT might not be enough for the Quark leggo at 8 billion, and I think the 10-pull at 10 billion may be right out
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, we hit the 2B A couple hours ahead of your estimate. I think we should hit 4 by the halfway point. Time will tell if we are ahead or behind the pace. I'm on my usual pace to at least clear thresholds with just over 135k at just short of 36 hours.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • As posted in every Galaxy Event:
    "--Community Rewards are only available during Phase 1."

Even if we all turned in our SRs before the phase change tomorrow, there is NO WAY we will make it to 10 Billion. I don't even think we will even make it half way.

Maybe this was a way of gauging game play by WRG. I am kind of sad because I had to airlock CD Quark the first time around because I had no crew slots at the time.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure WRG took a close look at past community VP levels when they chose this. This is probably higher than Galaxy events usually go, especially less competitive ones, but I think we can attain it.

This being said, while 8 billion looks comfortably achievable, I'm less confident about 10. If we hit it, I don't think it'll be until the last few hours. And if we don't, I honestly won't be surprised.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    As posted in every Galaxy Event:

Even if we all turned in our SRs before the phase change tomorrow, there is NO WAY we will make it to 10 Billion. I don't even think we will even make it half way.
    There is no phase change. This event only has one phase. So we can earn community rewards right the way to the end.
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    ChaosChild wrote: »

There is no phase change. This event only has one phase. So we can earn community rewards right the way to the end.

Wrong - there are always two phases in galaxy events.

From STT Wiki:
    Galaxy Event

During Galaxy Events, players complete Supply Missions, where the playes can earn Victory Points by building special event items. Galaxy Events work in two phases - in the first, the factions will all work together, and in the second, different factions are able to win - and the players' choices influences which faction wins.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    If it's going to be particularly annoying if a community reward is reached towards the end of the event - for some of us it will be very late at night or early in the morning..
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sketti wrote: »
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Wrong - there are always two phases in galaxy events.

From STT Wiki:
    Galaxy Event

During Galaxy Events, players complete Supply Missions, where the playes can earn Victory Points by building special event items. Galaxy Events work in two phases - in the first, the factions will all work together, and in the second, different factions are able to win - and the players' choices influences which faction wins.

Sorry, Commander Sinclair but it is you who are wrong.

Event Name: Convergence Day (flashback)
    Event Type: Galaxy Event (supply missions - one phase)
    Event Start: Thursday, 12/31 at noon ET (17:00 UTC)
    Event Finish: Monday, 01/04 at noon ET (17:00 UTC)

You really should read the event notes first.

This statement is correct. Convergence Day was a one-off galaxy event that originally took place during Timelines’ first anniversary celebration. As a result, it was quite a bit different from other galaxy events. This included a single phase, better community rewards, and a plethora of event crew.

Unfortunately for us, since it’s being rerun, I’m starting to think that we may not be able to hit 8 billion and that there’s no chance at 10 billion. Not enough people are motivated to chase threshold and ranked rewards that they already have.
  • Navarch wrote: »
    Unfortunately for us, since it’s being rerun, I’m starting to think that we may not be able to hit 8 billion and that there’s no chance at 10 billion. Not enough people are motivated to chase threshold and ranked rewards that they already have.

Agreed. I'm starting to think that whether or not we hit CD Quark at 8bn (let alone the pull at 10bn) is going to depend on how intense the competition for Klingon K'Ehleyr is, more than any other factor.
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    My normal strategy is to hold back until phase 2, but I am doing my part. I will have both of my accounts hit 400,000 points before tomorrow morning. If we don't get there (currently WAY off the pace) I will at least be able to say I contributed to the effort :)

there's no phase 2, same for last 2 runs of the event, check the wiki. If there where 2 phases, the community rewards would end in a few hours ;)
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Well we're now on track to hit 4.5-5bn. I hope we go back to 1bn 10pack as it always has been.
  • HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we will not reach 10bil
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • edited January 2021
    I believe it's quite possible, the community was yesterday with New Year's celebrations, in 22 hours we did 1,3 Billions of points, but in less than 7 hours we made 500 Millions of points more, now that the celebrations have ended and that we all might have all the weekend to play, I bet we will obtain the full community prizes.

I believe I spoke too early yesterday, we are on the same rate as yesterday, nearing 1.3 billions daily extra to account for a total of 2.6 billions, I doubt we will get to Convergence Day Quark. Sorry.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    If it's going to be particularly annoying if a community reward is reached towards the end of the event - for some of us it will be very late at night or early in the morning..

The event pack always stays live for a day after an event ends, so whatever unclaimed rewards you have should be available when real life permits.
This discussion has been closed.