Home The Bridge
Options

Key information about the event: Too Good to Be True (5th Anniversary Mini-Arc Part 2 of 2)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2021
    Calhoun wrote: »
    So I guess you've just spoilered the finalé for us TP?

Only if by finalé you mean the 11th episode of season 2. :/

Her mother showed up in season 2, that did not preclude her showing up in season 3.

Burnham's father was in season 2.
    I expected him to show up at the end of the finalé after reading this. I've just watched it and he didn't but I was anticipating it all the way through.

So...

You are upset that TP may have spoiled the finale by including daddy Burnham. When you learn they didn’t, you spoil the finale by saying he DOESNT show up...

Thanks for the spoiler..

Sorry pal. I should (and have now) put that in spoilers.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Her mother showed up in season 2, that did not preclude her showing up in season 3.

I expected him to show up at the end of the finalé after reading this. I've just watched it and he didn't but I was anticipating it all the way through.

So...

You are upset that TP may have spoiled the finale by including daddy Burnham. When you learn they didn’t, you spoil the finale by saying he DOESNT show up...

Thanks for the spoiler..

It's definitely a Star Trek thing that saying someone that died almost a thousand years before the episode being discussed did not show up is a "spoiler"......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that innovator is lacking for options, but is this the first time we've had a faction event with no existing variants of the event crew?
    It's happened at least once before, but it's certainly rare.

No Trouble At All: Mother Horta, Edward Larkin, Dr. Edward La Forge, & anyone with the Exobiology trait
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that innovator is lacking for options, but is this the first time we've had a faction event with no existing variants of the event crew?
    It's happened at least once before, but it's certainly rare.

No Trouble At All: Mother Horta, Edward Larkin, Dr. Edward La Forge, & anyone with the Exobiology trait

I swear he exists. I'm not trying to trick y'all.....

z2r7pu4gzt5y.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭

Well yes, but she was in the relevant time period and...alive, so that is a rather more reasonable thing to expect.
  • Options

So...

Thanks for the spoiler..

It's definitely a Star Trek thing that saying someone that died almost a thousand years before the episode being discussed did not show up is a "spoiler"......

Ha ha! 😂

In all seriousness though, it was in refe

Well yes, but she was in the relevant time period and...alive, so that is a rather more reasonable thing to expect.

Got to admit that I missed the dialogue that mentioned her being in the same time and space as Michael was a reasonable thing to expect. I was too busy rolling my eyes at the small universe/all of time syndrome.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll get to finish David Marcus. Thanks TP. I just said I hoped it was one I didn't have FF for the existing.

I'm in the same situation. I need two stars for the younger Dr. Marcus. If I succeed in immortalizing him I'll be one step closer to completing the Spit and Bailing Wire collection.

I'm also happy this week to have an opportunity to finish my 2 star Warship Yar. Right now, I am not in the top 3000, so my shuttles need to fly faster....
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have enough FF'd crew to reach the next milestone in most of the collections. S&BF is one of the few I'm short on. DM will help close that gap. I might get to finish the current top milestone for Daystrom during this next event. I think I need four and I have that many. Altan Soong is 3 components short.
    I had to pull my Yar out of the freezer. I pulled nearly all my 4* cultural figures out and I'm using them all.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Event Type: Hybrid Event Faction/Galaxy (shuttle missions).....hmm, how are galaxy shuttle missions different from faction shuttle missions ;):D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    For those wondering which purples to unfreeze:

9958437j5b77.jpg

Thank you for sharing. May I ask which sheet you are using to get those?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »

9958437j5b77.jpg

It's my own that I've created, you can check it out here if you'd like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOpPsywJhICsrgdtsjUfj_x_J4Bgz_NTJPnV_cweAoU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I purposefully don't include bonuses, so those are the raw numbers. YMMV.
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »

9958437j5b77.jpg

It's my own that I've created, you can check it out here if you'd like: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nOpPsywJhICsrgdtsjUfj_x_J4Bgz_NTJPnV_cweAoU/edit?usp=drivesdk

I purposefully don't include bonuses, so those are the raw numbers. YMMV.

Thank you for sharing.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

9958437j5b77.jpg

That's amazingly useful! Thank yoouu!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options

9958437j5b77.jpg

I've been making my list of who gets event bonus that needs work or thawed and then prioritizing them with this.
    Alan and Stubbs have been finished and Aleek thawed.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    o8i7ne3ahzp5.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭

9958437j5b77.jpg

Rob, I'm curious where your spreadsheet is getting its numbers and if they are actually voyage numbers? For instance, Aleek-Om has a base med of 728 for me but your screenshot shows him having 1266.
  • Options
    I think that is with his max proficency hit and the event bonus computed. That's why David Marcus tops them all. He takes full bonus.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

9958437j5b77.jpg

Rob, I'm curious where your spreadsheet is getting its numbers and if they are actually voyage numbers? For instance, Aleek-Om has a base med of 728 for me but your screenshot shows him having 1266.

He said he uses unboosted numbers, but this is with event bonus. 633 MED base x2 for event = 1266.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

9958437j5b77.jpg

He said he uses unboosted numbers, but this is with event bonus. 633 MED base x2 for event = 1266.

This is exactly correct, thank you.

Sorry I didn't explain better up top.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes sense but I read it as raw numbers.
  • Options
    Just lame enoughto be true. Hard pass again on this one.
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Here are all innovators with a top 5 base/pair in the pool (no event bonuses).
    unknown.png

SEC and MED ranks are very thin.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
  • Options
    This is maybe a bit nit-picky, but shouldn't the Event Rewards screen have a "Community" tab on the "Threshold Rewards" section? Or does that only show up during Phase 2?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    hermdelica wrote: »
    This is maybe a bit nit-picky, but shouldn't the Event Rewards screen have a "Community" tab on the "Threshold Rewards" section? Or does that only show up during Phase 2?

That only shows during the galaxy phase.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    hermdelica wrote: »

It shows up during the Galaxy Phase of hybrid events.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Sirella
    CMD: #12
    DIP: #130
    SEC: #377
    Voy: #78
    Tier: Not Yet Rated
    Event Count: 13
    Collections: None
    Similar Crew: Lt. Commander Uhura, Commander Kira Nerys, Gangster Kirk

CMD/DIP Voy Pair: #21
    DIP/SEC Voy Pair: #120
    CMD/SEC Voy Pair: #89
    CMD/DIP Base Pair: #10
    DIP/SEC Base Pair: #103
    CMD/SEC Base Pair: #57
    CMD/DIP/SEC: #19
    Mike Burnham Sr
    SEC: #147 (SR: #4)
    SCI: #185 (SR: #49)
    DIP: #547 (SR: #222)
    Voy: #456 (SR Voy Rank: #13)
    Tier: Not Yet Rated
    Event Count: 4
    Collections: None
    Similar Crew: Gladiator Spock, Kivas Fajo, Berlinghoff Rasmussen

SEC/SCI Voy Pair: #38 (SR: #1)
    SCI/DIP Voy Pair: #163 (SR: #70)
    SEC/DIP Voy Pair: #194 (SR: #48)
    SEC/SCI Base Pair: #46 (SR: #1)
    SCI/DIP Base Pair: #144 (SR: #51)
    SEC/DIP Base Pair: #152 (SR: #23)
    SEC/SCI/DIP: #14
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Mike Burnham was section 31? Guess i wasnt paying attention during the episode.
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Mike Burnham was section 31? Guess i wasnt paying attention during the episode.

Both Burnhams parents were, Section 31 came up with the whole Red Angel suit and stuff 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!