Home The Bridge
Options

ISM for equipment drops - Do you like the change in campaigns?

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Not going to make much of a difference really.

They've swapped equipment that I'll never use for ISM that I'll never need. 18K per month (36K with the premium track) is more than anyone will ever need, unless you're spending 1000s of dilithium on extra quantum.
    EnderW wrote: »
    While definitely not a fan of the crates, I do hope they pair all this extra ISM with a way to more directly get Constellations. Scanning alone won't be enough.

Now, this is likely another test of their's to see how players respond to a change. So I would not be surprised if they change things in the campaign after this one.

Interesting difference of opinion. One of you seems to be saying that constellations drop too frequently given recharge rates on quantum, the other that they don’t do frequently enough. I don’t have a great feel for it yet, but it does seem to me that to get what you want, you’ll need to get a lot of polestars, most of which will go unused. And that seems fine.

I guess roughly 50% of polestars will be useless. I already have multiple Federation, Starfleet and Human polestars, which hardly narrow down the crew. If all three are selected then I get 293 crew.

8 Scans a day will give a constellation every two days, a useful polestar every four days, and a set of four useful ones every 16 days, nearly the time it takes for Quantum to recharge.

8 Scans a day I believe will cost 1200 ISM with adverts, so the Quantum/ISM seems about right. (Another 1000 ISM every other day to open the constellation).

I agree with this evaluation. Right now we have lots of polestars from the free stuff they gave us but once they are used we will need a lot more to have enough variety to make useful refinements to our selection of crew.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yep.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    No
    I agree that for standard campaign, the crates sucked.
    I did get some good stuff when I purchased the premium campaign, so that is why I voted 'no'.
  • Options
    No
    I'd rather have random constellations over ISM. ISM is only good for opening constellations or throwing at scans to get constellations to then open with more ISM.

That's just not worth the $10. Not when we get 1,000 ISM a day from fleet and the daily. 30,000 a month average + another 18,000? MEH! But toss me 8-10 guaranteed constellations I can use that base 30,000 ISM on? Shut up and take my money!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Not going to make much of a difference really.

They've swapped equipment that I'll never use for ISM that I'll never need. 18K per month (36K with the premium track) is more than anyone will ever need, unless you're spending 1000s of dilithium on extra quantum.
    While definitely not a fan of the crates, I do hope they pair all this extra ISM with a way to more directly get Constellations. Scanning alone won't be enough.

Now, this is likely another test of their's to see how players respond to a change. So I would not be surprised if they change things in the campaign after this one.

Interesting difference of opinion. One of you seems to be saying that constellations drop too frequently given recharge rates on quantum, the other that they don’t do frequently enough. I don’t have a great feel for it yet, but it does seem to me that to get what you want, you’ll need to get a lot of polestars, most of which will go unused. And that seems fine.

It's almost like there are...two ways...to play this game. Will need to investigate further. Maybe make a new spreadsheet...YAY NEW SPREADSHEET! :D

There is definitely a balancing act.

On one hand, it makes sense to retrieve a semi-useful crew to make use of the quantum, then let it refill as you wait for the specific polestars you need for the more useful crew you need or want.

On the other hand, especially at the start when we don't have a lot of polestars and very few duplicates, we don't want to waste the precious polestars to potentially miss out on a more useful crew and/or have to wait a long time for your quantum to fill after unexpectedly getting the polestar you were waiting for.

As we build our polestar inventory, I think I'll be leaning a lot more towards the first option. It makes sense to me to add as many useful crew (adding stars or useful new crew) as possible, to maximize the high-value quantum. Having to wait for it to refill seems like the lesser of two evils, as long as you aren't throwing away polestars for less valuable crew, just for the sake of using the retrieval function.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm routinely 25-90 items over the cap, but, because I play regularly, I use up or just use items from the 1000 and the oldest of the overflow drops in or I finish what I'm working on, equip it, and it's gone. I'd like to be able to see what my overflow is at a glance (have it all at the end or a filter) so I could remind myself who I'm working on if I've had a busy day, but I don't pay much attention to the cap.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I see this as losing something mostly good and replacing it with something better.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes
    As a F2P player, common crates sucked, and I never got anything from the premium track anyway. The ISM will definitely be helpful for increasing scans to maybe 3-4 times a day. But as someone else pointed out, the real cap is the quantum, which takes over a week to fully recharge. However, having more ISM is nice because it means I may find more polestars for crew I want/need, and even though the quantum recharge rate is slow, it means I'm guaranteed a 5* crew I like every 10-12 days or so.
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would argue that the results of this poll merely demonstrate that more end game players come to this forum than not.

I just checked the Reddit page and of the 21 comments on this campaign, all but two or three are opposed to this change and prefer the equipment crates.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Yes
    Bound2Fate wrote: »
    I would argue that the results of this poll merely demonstrate that more end game players come to this forum than not.

I just checked the Reddit page and of the 21 comments on this campaign, all but two or three are opposed to this change and prefer the equipment crates.

Keep in mind that those opposed to something are usually going to be more vocal about it. It is true though that diff lvls need different things. What if campaigns had an option to use what u wanted with two or three diff options? Maybe that is too tough. I know there are many gauntlets though where I get nothing but equipment.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The previous posts are > I don't like the opinions of people here so let me head into the Reddit echo chamber so I can find opinions that align with mine. The crates were junk for anyone in the mid-late game. It's questionable they were useful at all to anyone as when I had to build equipment I got random junk for cards I don't even own and never for the card I'm actually building. And if they're replacing it with 18-36k ISM, yes please!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I can't open this gud'un!

ocn9wurzjjc4.png

Won't have ISM until Fleet drops 400.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    No
    they need to increase the tiers, so why not just add them somewhere in between the new tiers.
  • Options
    No
    It depends. If TP uses it as excuse to put crappy crew in the premium track (like Lt. Uhura) then no. If the crew is decent then it adds to the value.

Haven't bought the last two campaigns. As long as the offered crew is just average, a few more ISM will not make any difference for me.
  • Options
    Yes
    When I was an 'early game player', if we're using that term, there were no item crates, campaigns etc. That was a struggle.
  • Options
    No
    I voted No as useful drops were often enough to help levelling up , especially on the 4* & 5*. My ISM levels I'll look at in 10 more days when the Quantum level means I can use it. The Retrieval is a nice feature, but not one i see me using other than once a month.