Home The Bridge
Options

ISM for equipment drops - Do you like the change in campaigns?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Someone probably said this, but I'm not going to wade through pages of the thread to find it.

They should have dumped trainers and/or replicator rations for ISM. While loot crates aren't entirely useful for me personally, I think they are better overall in the game.

+1
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Yes
    ISM is way more useful than items from cates that oftentimes were items for immortalized crew or crew you don't even have.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Credits, trainers, replictor rations... is that all so valuable to you that you are unwilling to give up parts of these rewards to get some crates back? If not for yourself (as you hate the crates), at least for the sake of your fellow players who used to cherish them? That would be a kind move.

I would argue that:
    - Credits are even more valuable now than before, as you'll need 5+ million to make good, regular use of those Polestars. To an advanced player easy to get 5 million ... but maybe not when you're struggling to level a fleet of 4* crew to make crew slot space.

- Trainers are required for the new/early players coming into the game ... remove/reduce those and you make it harder for a new player to advance ... no matter how much I hate them from Gauntlet reward boxes etc. they are an integral part of new players getting into the game and thereby maintaining the sustainability of the game going forward.

- Replicator rations ... I don't see their value ... but the amount of love they get here ... any form of removal would really irritate the forum masses.

- The players that cherish crates can still love it when they get equipment from Gauntlet boxes or the Dabo wheel.

The point is that for an early to mid-game player there is no continual/regular source of ISM in the game (outside of Campaigns) ... they have to be part of a good fleet or to rank in events (from now onward at 5000+ rank ... it took me a while to rank 5000+ in events on a regular basis), to even get a smidge of it to be able to open Constellations they scan.

The issue is also that WRG has created a convoluted system where ISM/Constellations is like the middle man and does not really have any real value ... you cannot use it for anything else (similar to Replicator Rations). If WRG does make ISM the bottleneck then imagine the frustration of having a handful of constellations that you cannot open even though you're near 1.000 Quantum ... People are already getting frustrated at getting Federation, Starfleet and Human the majority of the time ... so they then have to hope their random constellation doesn't give them a random, common Polestar, while at the same time not being to open other Constellations that can also provide needed Polestars?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Yes
    @RaraRacing , replicator rations are less valuable, since I will save credits for crew retrieval.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Credits, trainers, replictor rations... is that all so valuable to you that you are unwilling to give up parts of these rewards to get some crates back? If not for yourself (as you hate the crates), at least for the sake of your fellow players who used to cherish them? That would be a kind move.

I would argue that:
    - Credits are even more valuable now than before, as you'll need 5+ million to make good, regular use of those Polestars. To an advanced player easy to get 5 million ... but maybe not when you're struggling to level a fleet of 4* crew to make crew slot space.

- Trainers are required for the new/early players coming into the game ... remove/reduce those and you make it harder for a new player to advance ... no matter how much I hate them from Gauntlet reward boxes etc. they are an integral part of new players getting into the game and thereby maintaining the sustainability of the game going forward.

- Replicator rations ... I don't see their value ... but the amount of love they get here ... any form of removal would really irritate the forum masses.

- The players that cherish crates can still love it when they get equipment from Gauntlet boxes or the Dabo wheel.

The point is that for an early to mid-game player there is no continual/regular source of ISM in the game (outside of Campaigns) ... they have to be part of a good fleet or to rank in events (from now onward at 5000+ rank ... it took me a while to rank 5000+ in events on a regular basis), to even get a smidge of it to be able to open Constellations they scan.

The issue is also that WRG has created a convoluted system where ISM/Constellations is like the middle man and does not really have any real value ... you cannot use it for anything else (similar to Replicator Rations). If WRG does make ISM the bottleneck then imagine the frustration of having a handful of constellations that you cannot open even though you're near 1.000 Quantum ... People are already getting frustrated at getting Federation, Starfleet and Human the majority of the time ... so they then have to hope their random constellation doesn't give them a random, common Polestar, while at the same time not being to open other Constellations that can also provide needed Polestars?

Campaigns were introduced shortly after I started to play. As a new player the ranking of the stuff in question for me was:

1. Trainers
    2. Crates
    3. Replicator rations
    4. Credits

New players will never waste 5 mio credits on crew retrieval anyway, that would be insane. Their quantum will go to waste for quite some time, and the constellations and/or polestars will just pile up.

Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I would argue that:

My 3rd account is 3 months old. I would gladly give up credits, replicator rations, or non gold trainers.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] - it'd be interesting to run this poll again now that we're at the end of the campaign and see if people's opinions have changed one way or another
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] - it'd be interesting to run this poll again now that we're at the end of the campaign and see if people's opinions have changed one way or another

Or wait 5 more days, when the campaign ISM has dried up. I wonder how the results might change.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Or wait 5 more days, when the campaign ISM has dried up. I wonder how the results might change.

Nobody said get rid of the ISM. Just pick something else to replace or offer both the ISM and loot boxes.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet is lucky if we have fifteen people finish daily tasks, but ISM won't make any difference for me. I don't care about Retrieval beyond keeping the Quantum moving. I got the EMA and Locarno so far and have dozens of choices for my next pull. I have some useful pools of 16 crew. The question is what to do after I get them.
    I immortalized nearly a crew a day in January, it dropped in February, and I think I've done five by March 11th. This includes 2 2* and a 3* in the last two months. I want the crates back. >:)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Nobody said get rid of the ISM. Just pick something else to replace or offer both the ISM and loot boxes.

I was talking about that last couple days. After you've already completed the campaign and you're getting nothing, just waiting for the next campaign to start. Folks might be liking the steady flow of ISM and may get bitter when it stops for those couple days.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    No
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I was talking about that last couple days. After you've already completed the campaign and you're getting nothing, just waiting for the next campaign to start. Folks might be liking the steady flow of ISM and may get bitter when it stops for those couple days.

We will see😉🙂

Edit: yep I misread your meaning.