Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event " Immortal Conception" - ME#4 (02/25)

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very much liking the new ranked rewards.

Very much so!

Also, another new 2⭐!!!!!

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    I appreciate the updating of the rank rewards, but I'll just point out that the people who need the ISM and constellations the MOST, are the ones who can't rank in the top percentiles like that. (1000 for constellation, 5000 for ISM)

Agreed, also I appreciate the addition of honor, but it’s such a small amount it’s sad
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the updating of the rank rewards, but I'll just point out that the people who need the ISM and constellations the MOST, are the ones who can't rank in the top percentiles like that. (1000 for constellation, 5000 for ISM)

Agreed, also I appreciate the addition of honor, but it’s such a small amount it’s sad

The honor is making up for the loss of the premium 1x we used to have in rank rewards.
  • Options
    Everyone gets some Dilithium, as well!

I think the new stuff more than makes up for no 3⭐.

🥌🦞
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

The honor is making up for the loss of the premium 1x we used to have in rank rewards.

Forgot about those, thanks
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

Why is my Ranked Reward Table not showing Retrieval Materials?

udbn0kt4a34v.png

🥌🦞
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

udbn0kt4a34v.png

🥌🦞

You need to scroll the rewards over
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

udbn0kt4a34v.png

🥌🦞

Did you scroll to the right?
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

While I appreciate changes to the reward structure, I feel like there's a big shift to a 'the rich get richer' mentality in the game, trying to make the event standings more important, lucrative and competitive (all to drive sales). There has always been a component of that to the game, but all the recent changes and additions are only amplifying that.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

udbn0kt4a34v.png

🥌🦞

You need to scroll the rewards over
    IceCat wrote: »

udbn0kt4a34v.png

🥌🦞

Did you scroll to the right?

I tried to!

⛔🛑👨🕦

EDIT: I was apparently trying to slide the wrong spot.

• Options
    Since the 3* crew got rid from ranked rewards,
    does it mean we won t see any new 3* crew anymore?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

I thought of that. Unless they do more of those Packs everyone hated, might signal the end of new 3⭐

⛔🛑👨🕦
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought of that. Unless they do more of those Packs everyone hated, might signal the end of new 3⭐

⛔🛑👨🕦

Or they could shuffle thresholds a bit and use three copies of a 3* instead of having the 2 copies of a 2*. Most of us wouldn't care. You'd have to juggle a bit for that extra room initially, but, if you had the resources, immortalize and freeze them during the event.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

⛔🛑👨🕦

Or they could shuffle thresholds a bit and use three copies of a 3* instead of having the 2 copies of a 2*. Most of us wouldn't care. You'd have to juggle a bit for that extra room initially, but, if you had the resources, immortalize and freeze them during the event.

I always do the new 2⭐s right away. Keeps my Collection done. If the 3⭐ is new, or one I haven't Immortalized, I do it for the 3⭐ Collection. A brief hiatus while I finish the 18 I don't have would be nice. They could even keep the 2⭐ in the Threshold, and add three copies of a 3⭐ at three point levels not in use.

⛔🛑👨🕦
  • Options

⛔🛑👨🕦

I think they did have a 3* once or twice in the threshold rewards before, so it would not be really new, but an interesting toss up nonetheless.
    There are three ways to do something; the right way, the wrong way, and the Janeway.

DB: Do Better.

Member of Starship Trista
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what are people thinking the rerun is after the Mega? I think Wyatt Earp is the (obvious) clue. If so, looking at the Western Collection: Sherrif Worf, Gunslinger Uhura, North Star Archer and North Star T'Pol were all portal pack intros; and Durango Troi is from Gods and Masters (ie: the event I've been waiting on FOR-EV-ER). Given that the last Mega event is a Galaxy, I think it's unlikely they'd follow that with another one.

BUT Claiborne Chekov, Frank Hollander, and North Star Tucker all were introduced in either A Brute Squad or A Brute Squad 2. Do people think we're getting A Brute Squad 3? If so, dust off your Frank Hollanders!
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Wyatt Earp will need to be added to The Wild West collection @Shan and while you’re at it, how about Carlos Data in The Big Goodbye collection? :innocent:

I believe this should happen next week, for both :)

Thank you, Shan!

⛔🛑👨🕦
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new rewards are very likeable.

I agree. They will also increase competition, for better or for worse. I expect to need at least 100 more VP than I would usually plan for.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they just rarity and skill constellations?
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THANK YOU Shan for the info, for a cool TOS character, and for the early warning on the collection adds! :)

now if only those new rewards had some quantum dropping here and there...yknow, that sure would be a way to get people to play expeditions again, start dropping Q on those rare nodes! o:)
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Wyatt Earp will need to be added to The Wild West collection @Shan and while you’re at it, how about Carlos Data in The Big Goodbye collection? :innocent:

I believe this should happen next week, for both :)

Thank you! Collections are as important as base and proficiency stats for some of us. Well, maybe just me o:)

I would have bought packs to FF Carlos if we had that information while he was on sale and will definitely be FFing Earp when he's available.