Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event " Immortal Conception" - ME#4 (02/25)

Comments

• Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well for someone playing nearly a year(mid march is my year), the only event i've been able to rank even semi well in is skirmish. And that's with pushing hard for it. Galaxy i'm lucky to get top threshold and that's if i spend my meager supplies, That still doesn't get me rank 1500 or higher. Faction events i'm borked in and hybrids are iffy. I've put some money in for the campaigns. So from my experience, as a daily player that puts in effort, getting ranked where you can get the newly offered goodies isn't probable.

Instead of in the ranked rewards, they should have been added to the personal thresholds. Either as additional rewards for the available tiers or added additional tiers. What they've done just excludes newer players. Older players get to strengthen their rosters or resources to get crew they missed(like killy, or garth). Meanwhile newer players languish on with the crew they have and no additional way to make what they have stronger or to freeze to make room.

I think it’s a matter of saving your resources until you can make a push. My alt has been able to get some 5* from faction events if I plan ahead.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Playing for 9 months- got top 1500 and top 1000 in last 2 Skirmish events, but aside from that, I tend to cut my cloth based on resources. May try a run on the Galaxy (and starting on chron saving now) but Factions just require too many boosts and tokens, and I lack the roster, so just happy to make 350k (this week I have Lwaxanna 3/4 already so top 5k is fine). Was top 750 after first half last week, but didn't need any of the rewards and gold was uninspiring so eased off after that- probably wasted too many tokens on those 2 days!
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    Yeah well for someone playing nearly a year(mid march is my year), the only event i've been able to rank even semi well in is skirmish. And that's with pushing hard for it. Galaxy i'm lucky to get top threshold and that's if i spend my meager supplies, That still doesn't get me rank 1500 or higher. Faction events i'm borked in and hybrids are iffy. I've put some money in for the campaigns. So from my experience, as a daily player that puts in effort, getting ranked where you can get the newly offered goodies isn't probable.

Instead of in the ranked rewards, they should have been added to the personal thresholds. Either as additional rewards for the available tiers or added additional tiers. What they've done just excludes newer players. Older players get to strengthen their rosters or resources to get crew they missed(like killy, or garth). Meanwhile newer players languish on with the crew they have and no additional way to make what they have stronger or to freeze to make room.

I'm playing for 19 weeks and this are my last two rankings. I haven't even maxed a single SR or legendary.
    Satyr and Swan Skirmish score 523.769 rank 3.882
    God of Thunder Hybrid (Faction - Galaxy) score 424.887 rank 2.251

So I am guessing I will get to rank 1500 when I'm playing a year.

Nineteen weeks. I guess that explains why you couldn't get your head around the 'click again' mentality. 👍

Let's have the conversation again in five years :lol:

☺️
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

I'm playing for 19 weeks and this are my last two rankings. I haven't even maxed a single SR or legendary.
    Satyr and Swan Skirmish score 523.769 rank 3.882
    God of Thunder Hybrid (Faction - Galaxy) score 424.887 rank 2.251

So I am guessing I will get to rank 1500 when I'm playing a year.

Nineteen weeks. I guess that explains why you couldn't get your head around the 'click again' mentality. 👍

Let's have the conversation again in five years :lol:

☺️

Doing things without thinking. I think we'll need more then five years :wink:
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m curious to see if the revised rank rewards impact how this event gets played. My first thought when I saw the rewards was that competition would increase. Later I realized that by smoothing the prize tiers, the perceived need to move up a tier at the last moment might be diminished, so perhaps we’d see less end-of-event competition. Maybe these two thoughts will cancel each other out?

The second legendary being at a more attainable level will push a ton of competition for that rank. Other tiers may be less affected. But we'll have to see what a push for 2/5 does for ranks below it.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Event Pack is missing. No crew for cash offers, but Wyatt, either.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

All there now :)
  • Options
    @Shan , thanks!
    I usually skip packs for Galaxy events, since we get four of the new 4* and I normally have the existing these days. I wanted Wyatt for that Med core. Hit two Deral and a Wyatt, plus my third star on Momma Mayweather, in three packs.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Shan wrote: »

Shan, can you confirm with the STT team that this is intended, given the numeric progression downwards from 1st place?

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan, can you confirm with the STT team that this is intended, given the numeric progression downwards from 1st place?

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg

I inquired, it is intended, yes!
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg

Why the change for just that specific tier?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg

Thank you for confirming with your teammates & your timely response, Shan.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Yes, everything is great, but I wanted to double-check, there will be no Frank Hollander as the final Threshold Reward correct?
  • Options
    He was at 400k in the threshold rewards when I looked.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    He was at 400k in the threshold rewards when I looked.

@W.W. Carlisle , I see him thanks.

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg

Looking at the upper ranks it does feel like a change but from what I gathered, it is not one.
    At lower ranks these rewards do not have the same pattern either.

But thank you for pointing it out as we will be gathering feedback on these event rewards changes :)
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »

0pyyq0m9g14a.jpeg

Looking at the upper ranks it does feel like a change but from what I gathered, it is not one.
    At lower ranks these rewards do not have the same pattern either.

But thank you for pointing it out as we will be gathering feedback on these event rewards changes :)

I was not aware. I admit that I hadn't actually looked at the event ranking rewards yet. Was just going by what was posted above. My bad.

Thank you @Shan for taking the time to explain that. I was more curious than anything. 🖖🏼
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when I get a "Which character is..." prompt on my literal 2nd tap of the entire event. makes me think there's not actually an algorithm looking for patterns in clicks and stopping bots vs just total RNG as to whether it comes up for you. (I was pretty sure this was the case in the first place, but I've never had it quite this early before)
  • Options
    Capn BruiserCapn Bruiser ✭✭
    edited February 2021
    <snip> De-escalation protocol :) ~Shan
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    <snip> De-escalation protocol :) ~Shan
  • Options
    So they make a small mistake (big deal, it happens) and instead of admitting it claim it was intended and then censor forum posts to the contrary. K, I see how it is.
  • Options
    Oh, you go, girl! Congrats. Such a great feeling isn't it?
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Relaxed Number One and her chubby cheeks.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    After this weekend, I'm going to need somebody else to take ownership of the Hoarders thread

9ga4flp9a33y.jpg

Interesting you mentioned the hoarders thread. Now I am curious how many Quantum Theories you are hoarding to turn in at the end of the event.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    After this weekend, I'm going to need somebody else to take ownership of the Hoarders thread

9ga4flp9a33y.jpg

Interesting you mentioned the hoarders thread. Now I am curious how many Quantum Theories you are hoarding to turn in at the end of the event.

I am already at more super-rares than usual and not yet at the regular VP I get for galaxy events. I think the event crew and galaxy builds are better than usual. But if I have more, so do others. I'm still expecting at least 200K more VP will be needed this event than usual.