Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event " Immortal Conception" - ME#4 (02/25)

Comments

• Options
    2 hours in the 2nd phase and all community rewards have been cleared. That was fast.

Edit: i just realised community rewards where phase 1...
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    After this weekend, I'm going to need somebody else to take ownership of the Hoarders thread

9ga4flp9a33y.jpg

Congrats!! Keep it up!!!
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    How many people usually cash in their super rare points right at the end? Currently sat 450ish with 935k VP, which is "nosebleed territory" for me. Just wondering if I should expect to get shunted down considerably (out of top 750) in the next few hours?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    How many people usually cash in their super rare points right at the end? Currently sat 450ish with 935k VP, which is "nosebleed territory" for me. Just wondering if I should expect to get shunted down considerably (out of top 750) in the next few hours?

I am around 900 now, but I have 2000 super-rares. Turing them in late is psychological warfare. Usually I simply plan for a specific target and don't pay attention to the scoreboard, but we are in uncharted waters right now. And I have all the event crew, 3/4 of whom are immortalized, so the drops come frequently.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    After this weekend, I'm going to need somebody else to take ownership of the Hoarders thread

9ga4flp9a33y.jpg

Interesting you mentioned the hoarders thread. Now I am curious how many Quantum Theories you are hoarding to turn in at the end of the event.

In fact I did have one final display of superdnz4r1ifaz06.jpg

hoarding under my belt B)

Worth 4,3m VP if my math isn t off. 😃 1 Rare ~ 323 VP
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Around rank 150 the needed VP were up more than 50% compared
    to the last full galaxy event.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed competition this event was much tougher, with this being the first with the new reward structure. I placed a lot lower than usual. Did anyone else have a similar experience?
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    It seemed competition this event was much tougher, with this being the first with the new reward structure. I placed a lot lower than usual. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

I placed about where I would normally, but with a lot more effort than usual. I can normally get sub 500 with 750k to 800k. This time I did the same but with 1150k.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    I placed where I expected to, with me going for solo thresh hold and calling it quits. I placed in the 2,000 range or so. This event DID seem more competitive, though. I was a bit shocked by the high scores. I’m not sure those guys got much sleep.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I placed higher than I normally do (156; normally I'm comfortable with a mid-500 rank in Galaxy events) but that was because I expected this to be more bloodbath-y; I put in the extra work expecting the lowering of rank to get multiple stars for the legendary would bring more people out, and it did. It's looking like sub-100 is going to be difficult to get for the foreseeable future. Next week, with a Faction event, I'd think it will be much worse.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I am around 900 now, but I have 2000 super-rares. Turing them in late is psychological warfare. Usually I simply plan for a specific target and don't pay attention to the scoreboard, but we are in uncharted waters right now. And I have all the event crew, 3/4 of whom are immortalized, so the drops come frequently.

I disagree with your equating late SR turn-ins to “psychological warfare”. Instead, it lets me know how many more recipes I will need to craft to reach my desired VP total before cashing them in during the final hour (or minutes).
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Wow. I must not have paid attention to all the changes in the ranked rewards, I didn’t know they moved up the chances to get multiple copies of the legendary card. Getting two copies of Wyatt Earp at rank 600 something was a pleasant surprise

The best part of the 500-750 reward for me, was my common polestar...

Yup I got a common too. I had to laugh to keep from screaming 🤣
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I must not have paid attention to all the changes in the ranked rewards, I didn’t know they moved up the chances to get multiple copies of the legendary card. Getting two copies of Wyatt Earp at rank 600 something was a pleasant surprise

I got a rare. I start to wonder if they are really 1/5 random.

Who of you all got a 5* polestar?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭

I earned 2 constellations- the first one I opened was a 4* and the second was a 5*.
  • Options
    1x 5* , 1x1* Polstar.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭

I had two constellations and got 4 and 5 star polestars.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    rare and super rare for me.
  • Options
    I'm not sure where I sit in the grand scheme of things, but this event was my (so far) highest ever event finish @ 1767th - I decided to push on after getting into the 300s on Day 1, which I thought would give me enough buffer to go for the 3 copies of Q Junior at rank 2500 to be able to FF him.

I stopped playing at about 6 hours before the end of the event (bedtime!) at rank 1413 so ultimately only dropped ~350 points in those last hours; I thought that the points would pile on overnight and I'd get dunked back into the 2500+ ranks, and miss out on the extra copies, but not so. In fact I ended up getting the 4 copies, so I overshot! In retrospect I could've saved my chrons (and time), but I'm glad I did it anyway, just to see how far I could go.

I don't know if my little anecdotal story is indicative of whether the rewards structure has changed anything, made it easier or harder for players - I normally never go for ranked rewards because I feel like I can't invest enough time to do so. So maybe this was just dumb luck this weekend and the next Galaxy event will see me back in the 10,000s. I missed the premium pull in the rewards too, but being F2P and getting 4/4 of a purple card means I can't really complain about it. And we got 2x anyway in the threshold and community rewards, so there's that.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options

1 Legendary, 1 Super Rare, 2 Common for me
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    1 Common, 1 Uncommon here.

Is this one area where common will actually mean...common?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 common, 1 rare
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a legendary, for finishing in the 500s. But that balances out the common I got from the temporary achievements.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    1x legendary from mine