Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event " Immortal Conception" - ME#4 (02/25)

Comments

• Options
    Any info on whether this is a one-off change or something that’s going to apply to all / certain types of future event?
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »
    Any info on whether this is a one-off change or something that’s going to apply to all / certain types of future event?

My guess is that it would be a permanent change, otherwise it’s a lot of effort for a once off. Also it ties in well with the new crew retrieval feature.
  • Options
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] ’An oversight’ :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prime Lorca [10FH] ’An oversight’ :lol:

I wasn't even paying attention to my choice of words. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Nice to see a change up every now and then. That being said, did you really need to give the whales even more stuff? You realize they're the players most likely to buy Polestars and ISM.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I will miss the 3 star crew for a while.
  • Options
    Hmm.. so is it possible to obtain a skill constellation from the normal scans?

In the intro to crew retrieval information post it says:
    Skill and Rarity Constellations will primarily be obtained via future event ranked rewards.

I guess rank 1000 for rarity one is sometimes achievable even for me but if the skill constellations are ranked rewards only and you only start getting them from rank 250 and up, I might need to get used to the idea that I will never see another skill polestar ever again :smiley:
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    net gain (green) / net loss (orange) in the new rank rewards structure. Look at all those new rank groups!

pzxbrw58ggqp.png

The table has some mistakes in it (missing the loss of 3*s in the new ranks, the last group gets 3 4* trainers etc.) ... no problem though ... however, it just kind of proves my point from before ....

Say you rank 55,000 ... you are now also down the value of 2x 4* trainers
    - 1 5* trainer is 2,500 xp
    - 7 4* trainers are worth 3,500 xp.

I mean ... for most players, this is inconsequential ... but imagine if you are just stepping into the game and you take part in these two events ... you kinda need the trainers ... the Dil is fine, but you can't do much with 25, so it is more of a long term investment, but if you start playing and don't manage to make it to the longer term (can't easily level your crew) it becomes useless.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    So, with there being a new ranked legendary for next weekend, does that mean that the week following the mega will be a rerun? (i hope I am using the right word, the one with the old featured legendary at 400,000VP)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Slick wrote: »
    I approve of the changes in ranked rewards. But my next question is... Why no changes to squadron rewards?

Because you can manipulate squad rankings too easy, by eg rotating half of
    or the hole fleet in and out the squad to rank 1st. It‘s an known issue and thankfully only a few „nice“ fleets did it.

It was brought up many times in here, but there wasn t any solution yet.
    For example, locking squads at event start and unlocking it at event end,
    seems not a perfect solution.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    So, with there being a new ranked legendary for next weekend, does that mean that the week following the mega will be a rerun? (i hope I am using the right word, the one with the old featured legendary at 400,000VP)

Previously? Yes. Next week? No one outside of WRG/TP knows. Hopefully at least one person inside WRG/TP does know......

⛔🛑👨🕦
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sovinox wrote: »
    One suggestion regarding the new ranked rewards: changing the skill / rarity constellations rewards.

Rarity constellation are of limited use for most players and are actually frustrating when they turn out to be 1, 2, or 3 stars polestars. Skill constellations, on the other hand, will satisfy every one.

Maybe just a straight drop of a 4⭐/5⭐ Polestar would be better than 1⭐ Roulette. Or a special Constellation limited to 4⭐/5⭐.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally, I plan for 650K for galaxy to get the gold. Now I am assuming at least 850K for top 750. It will be a lot more time. We shall see.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I see competition really heating up to rank above 750 given you will get multiple copies of the ranked 5* from that point upwards. I really like the changes.

Yeah, I've never pushed hard past 1500 except as a buffer. But I could see myself aiming above (below) 750 now. I've ended up there in happenstance before, just never intentionally.

(First time I pushed for the legendary in an all-faction event I ended up around rank 112. So yeah, over-shot that a bit!)

I always overshoot if I go for the ranked legendary because the one time I didn't I ended up at rank 1520. At least now the rewards will be worth the extra resources invested :smile:

My ‘worst’ finish was 1502... Thankfully it was only for Desert Archer so I wasn’t missing out on much :lol:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick wrote: »
    I approve of the changes in ranked rewards. But my next question is... Why no changes to squadron rewards?

Someone in our fleet suggested putting some quantum in the squad rewards, wouldn't THAT be interesting? :o
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah well for someone playing nearly a year(mid march is my year), the only event i've been able to rank even semi well in is skirmish. And that's with pushing hard for it. Galaxy i'm lucky to get top threshold and that's if i spend my meager supplies, That still doesn't get me rank 1500 or higher. Faction events i'm borked in and hybrids are iffy. I've put some money in for the campaigns. So from my experience, as a daily player that puts in effort, getting ranked where you can get the newly offered goodies isn't probable.

Instead of in the ranked rewards, they should have been added to the personal thresholds. Either as additional rewards for the available tiers or added additional tiers. What they've done just excludes newer players. Older players get to strengthen their rosters or resources to get crew they missed(like killy, or garth). Meanwhile newer players languish on with the crew they have and no additional way to make what they have stronger or to freeze to make room.

I'm playing for 19 weeks and this are my last two rankings. I haven't even maxed a single SR or legendary.
    Satyr and Swan Skirmish score 523.769 rank 3.882
    God of Thunder Hybrid (Faction - Galaxy) score 424.887 rank 2.251

So I am guessing I will get to rank 1500 when I'm playing a year.

• Options
    yeah I doubt that.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just now managing top 1500 here and there and I marked 2 years January 20th.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*