Home The Bridge

Where Can I Find Details of the 'Honour Sale'?

Answers

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    Arnie wrote: »
    They don't mention it, but were cites also reduced, or was that a different sale?

The only thing they mention is that you can but offers of honor and a legendary citation(s) They probably will be the same offers they sold before. This is with money.

The other thing mentioned is a begold with a legendary citation for 40k honor.

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still hoarding 34 from the last sale. Have a few crew I need to burn some up so a restock will be nice.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really excited about this sale. For the first time, I'm ready for it. I have enough for 7 beholds, and 16 begold + citation combos. Too bad it doesn't look like that SR citations will have a discounted price as well, I could use one or two.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    They don't mention it, but were cites also reduced, or was that a different sale?

The only thing they mention is that you can but offers of honor and a legendary citation(s) They probably will be the same offers they sold before. This is with money.

They mention it. 40k for a cite and a begold.
    Pack 3:
    For a price of 40,000 Honor pack this pack will have a purchase limit of 10 a day, and will grant you 1x 1/5 Behold + 1x 5*citation.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering if they would communicate that this would be the last honour sale. It was implied that they wanted to stop the player base saving a developing country's GDP worth of honour.

Evidently not.

Let the Smaugification of honour begin. Again! Huzzah!

🐉 I approve of this message.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • StephLovesVoyagerStephLovesVoyager ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I'm in two minds about whether I play in the honor sale given the single citation purchases aren't mentioned and therefore I assume they are not discounted like last time. I've been saving up to put the last stars on recent Mega crew, so I could potentially do that with Pack 3, but I would also get another 1/5 crew that I don't have space for (if I'm not lucky enough to add another star to someone).

I have 150k honor saved so far - should I burn the honor on buying 2x 5* citations at full price to cite my 4/5 mega crew, and have a go at 1x Pack 3, or buy 3x Pack 3s and hope that the beholds are kind to me? Decisions...

3gzdmrhiud9i.jpg
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • WaldoMag wrote: »

I'm in two minds about whether I play in the honor sale given the single citation purchases aren't mentioned and therefore I assume they are not discounted like last time. I've been saving up to put the last stars on recent Mega crew, so I could potentially do that with Pack 3, but I would also get another 1/5 crew that I don't have space for (if I'm not lucky enough to add another star to someone).

I have 150k honor saved so far - should I burn the honor on buying 2x 5* citations at full price to cite my 4/5 mega crew, and have a go at 1x Pack 3, or buy 3x Pack 3s and hope that the beholds are kind to me? Decisions...

3gzdmrhiud9i.jpg

There are discounted citations: 40k each, plus you get a Begold (two Legendary stars for the price of, well, 4/5 of what a single citation usually costs).
    There are discounted citations: 40k each, plus you get a Begold (two Legendary stars for the price of, well, 4/5 of what a single citation usually costs).

I meant single citations only, without any extras attached like begolds. Knowing my luck, if I go the 3x Pack 3s, I will get 3x unique begold options that I don't already have, and I have no crew slots to fit them in. Being F2P, I'd be loathe to airlock them for less than 2% of the purchase price.
    edited March 2021

I meant single citations only, without any extras attached like begolds. Knowing my luck, if I go the 3x Pack 3s, I will get 3x unique begold options that I don't already have, and I have no crew slots to fit them in. Being F2P, I'd be loathe to airlock them for less than 2% of the purchase price.

From the announcement:
    - Special Honor Offers: these offers will allow you to purchase Honor and a 5* citation. They will each have their own purchase limit.”
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
    From the announcement:
    - Special Honor Offers: these offers will allow you to purchase Honor and a 5* citation. They will each have their own purchase limit.”

My assumption is that "purchase" means that you buy this with Dilithium or money. I'm talking about buying citations with honor at a discount.
    edited March 2021
    From the announcement:

My assumption is that "purchase" means that you buy this with Dilithium or money. I'm talking about buying citations with honor at a discount.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    From the announcement:

They offer buying a Citation with an discount, it‘s the 1 leg behold + 1 leg cite for 40k honor(20% less than the regular leg cite price), offer.

Why should they discount the regular leg cite price as well?
    So that ppl miss out on the extra leg behold?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish SR versions of the offer were available. Am I crazy, or the first honor sale had SR packs?
    They offer buying a Citation with an discount, it‘s the 1 leg behold + 1 leg cite for 40k honor(20% less than the regular leg cite price), offer.

Why should they discount the regular leg cite price as well?
    So that ppl miss out on the extra leg behold?

I think we're starting to go around in circles. Perhaps I should have clarified that personally these deals aren't as enticing to me because I was hoping for discounts on cites only and these deals add extras that are great for others but wouldn't actually be a benefit for me as I would potentially have to airlock the gold if it was a card I didn't already have. It's not a complaint, it's an observation. I think I will just buy the single 5* cites at 50k and cite up who I've been saving up to cite anyway and not worry about the deals.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the honor sale:

To get best results:
    As I recall, we get 1 single 10K begold a day for 7 days. Am I right on the math? So I want to be sure to save out 70K honor. These are really the best bang-for-the-buck. Then I use up as many 40K pulls + citations as I can get with what I have left. Any leftover honor can go to the random gold.

So assuming I first convert 40 or so thousand merits to honor and probably about 20 million credits (about half my stash of each), this seems like the best strategy. Can anyone think of a better strategy? I'm open to suggestions.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for a bit of advice.
    I have 240 slots, 10 empty.
    48 gold (remainder U. Rare, others frozen)
    3x 5/5
    5x 4/5
    3x 3/5
    7x 2/5
    31x 1/5

Got enough honour for 7x daily 10k behold and 7x behold and cite.

All my gold crew are level 100 (or close), except 3 recently attained who won't add anything to my crew (Portal 63, Yarnek, Dress Uniform Scotty). Given how many golds there are, chances of them turning up in a behold I don't have a better option in are slim, and I wouldn't waste a cite on them- should I just airlock them? Seems such a poor return, I'd almost they'd been a random ultra rare!
  • Good luck everyone, never thought this day would come again!
    Happy Honour day!!
  • GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    @arnie out of interest, why not do 8 x begold and cite, and 3 x begold?
  • Happy Honor Sale from me too! :smiley:
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »
    @arnie out of interest, why not do 8 x begold and cite, and 3 x begold?

Not a bad shout, I could probably do the first couple of days and see how that goes (might get lucky on the beholds) before committing one way or the other. Given the odds though, you're right I may well get more use out of cites, especially now I can retrieve specific crew.
  • For the honor sale:

To get best results:
    As I recall, we get 1 single 10K begold a day for 7 days. Am I right on the math? So I want to be sure to save out 70K honor. These are really the best bang-for-the-buck. Then I use up as many 40K pulls + citations as I can get with what I have left. Any leftover honor can go to the random gold.

So assuming I first convert 40 or so thousand merits to honor and probably about 20 million credits (about half my stash of each), this seems like the best strategy. Can anyone think of a better strategy? I'm open to suggestions.

There’s always those 10k random pulls, especially with all those crew slots! Most stars for the money. I’m not using them, but if you want to collect (and immortalize) them all, it is a strategy.