Home The Bridge

Where Can I Find Details of the 'Honour Sale'?

124»

Answers

• Happy honor sale! One hour to go! I can’t wait! 🍾🥳🎈🎊🎉🍾
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the random single legendary is a good idea, compared to the begold and cite. But I haven't tried, so maybe in practice could be useful
  • wk00y6lx15nq.jpeg
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the honor sale:

To get best results:
    As I recall, we get 1 single 10K begold a day for 7 days. Am I right on the math? So I want to be sure to save out 70K honor. These are really the best bang-for-the-buck. Then I use up as many 40K pulls + citations as I can get with what I have left. Any leftover honor can go to the random gold.

So assuming I first convert 40 or so thousand merits to honor and probably about 20 million credits (about half my stash of each), this seems like the best strategy. Can anyone think of a better strategy? I'm open to suggestions.

It depends how you value the begold vs the cite. Personally I'd rather spend 40k on a cite and begold than get 4 straight begolds. I want to pick which crew I give the cite to than have 3 extra crew randomly selected based on the extra begolds. So for me all my honor goes towards the 40k cite deal. If I think I will end up with less than 40k honor at the end, maybe I'd consider the 10k begold, but I'd probably still use the honor towards a future cite than a begold.

If you really prefer the 10k begold, then your approach makes sense. And if you plan to eventually FF every 5* then it's certainly the best bang for your honor. But assuming you'll never get all the 5* think about if you'd rather pick your crew or have RNG pick for you.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, just so.....Ok so I have 57 Gold cards (that are available in the portal) that have less than 5 stars. Did the 11 daily pulls. EVERY one had either all 3 already immo, or 2 immo and a 1/5 I don't have (2 of 11). Not a single one that could be used for fusing. Sigh......take the citations.... :|
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did my 10 combo packs:
    - 9 choices added stars (1 new immortal)
    - 1 was a choice of all new crew

None of my top targets were options and there were a couple tough choices, but I prioritized adding stars and was happy with today's outcome.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't choose! (I have one Mambo Picard to claim in my inbox, I should focus on adding stars to legendaries, bu I really like that Data)

aot6bey671yq.png
  • Myimaginary Myimaginary ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for Mambo Picard and get him to two stars. He's pretty useful and even at one star good for Gauntlet. I have Data and he's not really getting any action.
    That said, if you like the card and don't need any of the other for your roster, get Data.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided, it's not a like him that much, but he is Data! and in the mirror universe! :P

I was thinking of using crew retrieval to get him, if I pick him, I could use that android polestar to get Juliana Tainer

EDIT: I went for Data, mostly because I wanna keep playing and I can look at that begold all day

• EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I'm still undecided, it's not a like him that much, but he is Data! and in the mirror universe! :P

I was thinking of using crew retrieval to get him, if I pick him, I could use that android polestar to get Juliana Tainer

EDIT: I went for Data, mostly because I wanna keep playing and I can look at that begold all day

Well, I for one will say you went the right route; I love my Mirror Data! Though I am hopeful they'll fix his arm soon.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 17hr, 20min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1546 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    I finished today 3 collections with 4 citations. I saved one because a behold gave me one needed crew 😎
    Tomorrow I want to try my luck on Spock. So I could give him citations.
    For the spare citations I get this week, I don't know yet. Last big collection is the klingon one, but they need to many citations and the crew is weak.
    I could citate some good voyage crew.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a little confusing, but the purchasable (with money) honor+citation... those are Legendary Citations, of course... right?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    For the honor sale:

To get best results:
    As I recall, we get 1 single 10K begold a day for 7 days. Am I right on the math? So I want to be sure to save out 70K honor. These are really the best bang-for-the-buck. Then I use up as many 40K pulls + citations as I can get with what I have left. Any leftover honor can go to the random gold.

So assuming I first convert 40 or so thousand merits to honor and probably about 20 million credits (about half my stash of each), this seems like the best strategy. Can anyone think of a better strategy? I'm open to suggestions.

There’s always those 10k random pulls, especially with all those crew slots! Most stars for the money. I’m not using them, but if you want to collect (and immortalize) them all, it is a strategy.

It is a strategy I employed. Mainly because I will avoid immortalizing from beholds. Out of 86 10k pulls got 19 duplicates and 4 new crew. I figure the begolds I would have gotten I get to keep the crew rather than choose. So what happens is I lose out on a citation and get a random crew instead. For those that concentrate on improving roster they need to target specific crew. And random crew for those people would most likely end up airlocked.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advise needed and welcomed.

I have all the golds available except Jhamel who is not in the portal. When I get a begold. I tend to select a player with the least number of stars although I do break the rule when the option is a 2 trait character. This is so that I will have room to add stars during the honor sale.

At the moment, I have 1.2 million honor after buying a few pulls and the giant Tribble. I have 43 gold cites with many of them leftover from the last honor sale and will use 4 to level up the Spock/Kirk merged character. I have about 125 5* gold characters

Should I do just
    1) 10000 honor pulls with no cite
    2) 40000 honor pulls with the cite.
    3) some combination of both - please explain your rationale if you think this is the way for me to go.

Thanks
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advise needed and welcomed.

I have all the golds available except Jhamel who is not in the portal. When I get a begold. I tend to select a player with the least number of stars although I do break the rule when the option is a 2 trait character. This is so that I will have room to add stars during the honor sale.

At the moment, I have 1.2 million honor after buying a few pulls and the giant Tribble. I have 43 gold cites with many of them leftover from the last honor sale and will use 4 to level up the Spock/Kirk merged character. I have about 125 5* gold characters

Should I do just
    1) 10000 honor pulls with no cite
    2) 40000 honor pulls with the cite.
    3) some combination of both - please explain your rationale if you think this is the way for me to go.

Thanks

Number 2. Save the citations for new crew.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    You say you have all the crew and are just missing Jhamel.
    I guess you need stars.
    I figure it depends on how many immortalized crew you have that are in pool compared to the number of crew in the pool you need stars on.

Use crew retrieval to count how many 5* are immortalized in the pool.
    If you have a legendary pollstar, the number of legendaries in the pool can be found by just clicking on the legendary pollstar. Otherwise, you will need to count the legendaries that you need stars on in the crew retrieval.

I would say if you have less than 40% (you could go to 50% but no higher) of the crew in the pool immortalized go with the 10k pulls.

Remember anybody that you immortalize while pulling the 10k changes the above calculation. So refigure and determine which way to go. Be prepared for some duplicates.
    You can either airlock duplicates for 550k honor or keep the dupeplicate.

Keep in mind the 40k Begold and citation will allow you to chose who you want to add stars too. The random pull gives you no choice.

Edit: At first I was thinking you did not need stars. If that is the case just buy a few of the 40k and hope for a future honor sale.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice.
    I have 240 slots, 10 empty.
    48 gold (remainder U. Rare, others frozen)
    3x 5/5
    5x 4/5
    3x 3/5
    7x 2/5
    31x 1/5

Got enough honour for 7x daily 10k behold and 7x behold and cite.

All my gold crew are level 100 (or close), except 3 recently attained who won't add anything to my crew (Portal 63, Yarnek, Dress Uniform Scotty). Given how many golds there are, chances of them turning up in a behold I don't have a better option in are slim, and I wouldn't waste a cite on them- should I just airlock them? Seems such a poor return, I'd almost they'd been a random ultra rare!

I would never airlock a gold, particularly one I didn't have a duplicate of, but that's just me. I'm also going for the long term goals of owning at least one copy of every crew, AND, eventually, immortalising all of those crew.

I personally think you should focus on freezing the super rare and lower crew you already have before you start airlocking any golds. Golds can be incredibly hard to come by, and all but the worst usually have some value at your stage of the game.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    IceCat wrote: »
    3x 5/5
    5x 4/5
    3x 3/5
    7x 2/5
    31x 1/5

All my gold crew are level 100 (or close), except 3 recently attained who won't add anything to my crew (Portal 63, Yarnek, Dress Uniform Scotty). Given how many golds there are, chances of them turning up in a behold I don't have a better option in are slim, and I wouldn't waste a cite on them- should I just airlock them? Seems such a poor return, I'd almost they'd been a random ultra rare!

I would never airlock a gold, particularly one I didn't have a duplicate of, but that's just me. I'm also going for the long term goals of owning at least one copy of every crew, AND, eventually, immortalising all of those crew.

I personally think you should focus on freezing the super rare and lower crew you already have before you start airlocking any golds. Golds can be incredibly hard to come by, and all but the worst usually have some value at your stage of the game.

Appreciate the viewpoint. I think my consideration is that with the rate golds are added to the game, versus the rate I can capture them/add stars, it's always going to be getting away from me. Not so with the purples. As such, I'm focused on completing them (have all the rare and below). I'll keep all golds I've got for now, but a 1/5 weak gold will likely be outgunned by a good 4/4 purple- if they're sufficiently weak that I'm almost always going to be chosing a new crew over a second star, I'd probably rather have a purple I'm likely to complete at some point than a gold sat at level 1 and 1/5.

With the launch of retrieval too, I've got a lot of strong 1/5 and 2/5 crew- I want to be using them in combination with my best purples.
  • IceCatIceCat ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    3x 5/5
    5x 4/5
    3x 3/5
    7x 2/5
    31x 1/5

Appreciate the viewpoint. I think my consideration is that with the rate golds are added to the game, versus the rate I can capture them/add stars, it's always going to be getting away from me. Not so with the purples. As such, I'm focused on completing them (have all the rare and below). I'll keep all golds I've got for now, but a 1/5 weak gold will likely be outgunned by a good 4/4 purple- if they're sufficiently weak that I'm almost always going to be chosing a new crew over a second star, I'd probably rather have a purple I'm likely to complete at some point than a gold sat at level 1 and 1/5.

With the launch of retrieval too, I've got a lot of strong 1/5 and 2/5 crew- I want to be using them in combination with my best purples.

Fair enough. That makes sense. That's one of the good things about this game, is that everyone has unique goals, and by extension, limitations. I have the crew slots to keep mine. You don't. Your way works totally well for you, even if it doesn't for me.

I wish you luck in your pursuits 🖖🏼
    @IceCat re: airlocking golds. Never say never.

In early 2017, when I was barely a paying player and had maybe 60 slots (or whatever pittance it was back then), I airlocked my 2nd and 3rd rank-earned legendaries (Klingon Janeway and Assimilated La Forge). Killed me to do it, but I had no space and was focused on FF’ing rare/super-rare crew at the time. After that, I said “never again”. That attitude lasted for quite a while (about 1.5 years), but then I reached a point where my active roster was mostly 5* crew and not every new-to-me legendary had any appreciable value beyond a “collect them all” mantra. Rather than have them at 1/5 indefinitely, I resumed selective airlocking. In 2020, I rank-earned every 5* card except whoever was the prize for the expedition event, and airlocked 9 of them. Why? I didn’t need them, or didn’t like them for various reasons. But why compete for them? Because there are more rewards than just the 5* card. I’ve said before that I wish I could pass the card down the ranks in the immediate aftermath of an event, but that’s not a system we have available.

In any case, I hope you can manage to keep them all.

Just to reiterate, I did say:
    3x 5/5
    5x 4/5
    3x 3/5
    7x 2/5
    31x 1/5

I would never airlock a gold, particularly one I didn't have a duplicate of, but that's just me.

I am aware that I do play in a unique way that is not for everyone. I'm sure most people have zero desire to collect and FFFE every crew in the game. And that's totally OK.

Your point does make a lot of sense though. Possibly, somewhere down the line, I will be in the same boat. Maybe sooner than I thought 😅

After spending a good chunk of my honour in the current sale, my crew quarters are back to max capacity. I currently have 27 copies of purple crew I've already FFFE, with the intention of making dupes, because they are some of the stronger ones. Also taking up space are a pair of Bynars to eventually fuse. I may have to rethink that strategy in light of my new lack of space.

I do have a bunch of crew that will be frozen after the event, and others that are FF, but not FE, that can be finished and frozen. As well as some crew, that I had preemptively thawed in preparation for the event after this one. So, I do have some room to play with.

But, having said all that, I can still see a time when I might have to airlock some of the level 1, 1/5 golds, as you've said.

On a related note to your post, I wish there was some way to pass on those unwanted event rewards Golds to someone like me who does wish to collect them all. But that's probably just wishful thinking, and not something TP would consider unfortunately, for various reasons. I do appreciate the sentiments of your offer to pass down the cards.

Still, I'm happy to have now accumulated 75% of all cards, including:

• all 1-3* crew/stars
    • 97% of 4* crew (with only one missing that's in the portal, Protomorphosis Riker, and ten that are not yet in the portal)
    • 52% of all available stars, including 91% of the purple
    • over half of all available crew FF, including over 80% of the purple
    • approaching 500 unique crew immortalised

Thank you for your perspective, @Ishmael Marx. I find a lot of your posts quite illuminating and very insightful. LLAP 🖖🏼
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021
    I was looking at the "honor for money" LTO in the portal...

"For glory", $50, 100k honor and a citation
    "For honor!" $100, 225k honor and a citation

So, for 100 bucks,, you can buy

2x "For Glory": honor for 5 40k pulls, for a total of 5 begolds and 7 citations (2 from each purchase)

or

1x "For Honor!": honor for 5 40k pulls, for a total of 5 begolds and 6 citation (just 1 purchase), with a leftover of 25k honor (not enough for a leg cite)

The previous tier has some similar problems ($50 for 2 pulls and 1 cite and 20k leftover vs 2 pulls and 2 cites)

EDIT 50 bucks in the lowest tier grants 1 pull + 5 cites and 10k leftover honor.