Home The Bridge
Options

Do you want Tribble Quark in recap packs?

124»

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    My 2nd account needed

56 packs opened
    Needed 1 Tribble Kirk got 1
    Needed 1 Tribble Uhura got 1
    Needed 1 Tribble Quark got 0

Main account
    57 packs opened
    Needed 1 Tribble Kirk got 1 (first pull)
    Needed 1 Tribble Quark got 2 (can I send it to my 2nd account😉)
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    24 packs and got 1 gold, Tribble Quark. This is the first mega in a long time I haven't been able to finish the legendary with Recaps. Got no useful crew outside finishing the 3 event Super Rares. I did manage to level up 7 ships.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would love to try my luck here, but I have every SR FF, and 2 of the legendaries (Kirk and Quark). I mostly want to try to get Sulu, is the only one I don't have even one copy, but even with the 390 or 3900 price, I'm pretty sure I'll regret it. That pretty much sums my opinion on why I'm against Tribble Quark here (the whole reason my Quark if FF is because I wasn't expecting him to be here, if I had known about this possibility, I wouldn't have cited him, and most likely, neither Kirk)
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kanon wrote: »
    I would love to try my luck here, but I have every SR FF, and 2 of the legendaries (Kirk and Quark). I mostly want to try to get Sulu, is the only one I don't have even one copy, but even with the 390 or 3900 price, I'm pretty sure I'll regret it. That pretty much sums my opinion on why I'm against Tribble Quark here (the whole reason my Quark if FF is because I wasn't expecting him to be here, if I had known about this possibility, I wouldn't have cited him, and most likely, neither Kirk)

This.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I tried and failed to get Tribble Quark in the recap packs from his mega. If I don't get the recurring crew from the recaps I usually use a campaign citation to finish them off because I "know" that it will be a while before I will get them from any other sources.

Sometimes I am happy with the pulls of recap packs and sometimes I am not, that's the game but on this occasion the only gold crew I got was Tribble Quark so that didn't sit well with me.

I feel like him being included basically messed with the gods of RNG and if he wasn't there I would have got Kirk! (yes I know it doesn't work like that haha)

hindsight is a wonderful thing and if I somehow knew I would get Quark I would have kept that citation and gave it to Kirk, instead I got a poultry 550 honor.

I get why they did it and I get that some people will have been happy about it but, na, I don't think it was the right thing to do.

Its these little things all adding up in my personal experience of the game that has meant my spend continues to reduce. I was going to buy the Riker on the offer because I have wanted that Riker since he came out and he doesn't have unique pollstars to get from crew retrieval but decided against it due my Quark drop.

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @PurplMonki you need to change Quark to Kirk in your first line. But is clear as one reads that you meant Kirk.👍
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    I don't believe the results of this poll to be an accurate representation of how the player base as a whe feels about Quark being in the pack. 80% of people who participate in the forums and chose to respond to this topic did not want him in the packs. I don't think that was enough to make WRG change their minds. The much bigger issue in my opinion was Spirk in ET, and they stuck to their decision. I expected no different here.
    I was all for it, and sadly didn't get one.

Forum polls are definitely not an accurate representation of the whole player base. There tends to be a disproportionate number of spenders here. That makes sense because those with a financial stake probably want their opinions to be heard. The non-spenders probably spend more time on the game and have a similar investment and desire to be heard.

With that said, it is possible that the forum poll is close to representing those who buy recaps, although several posted yes votes, then immediately said "I never buy recap packs." If anything, I would guess that the real percentages across those who purchase recaps between 75/25 and 90/10.

It's doubtful forum polls represent anything beyond people who respond to forum polls. I'm sure there are plenty of people who buys packs and are on this forum who just didn't care enough to break out their pitchforks and get involved in a poll/discussion.

Ask yourself this question, who is more likely to respond to a poll? The person upset about the change who wants to complain so it's changed back, the person happy with the change, or the person who doesn't care?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    AviTrek wrote: »
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    I don't believe the results of this poll to be an accurate representation of how the player base as a whe feels about Quark being in the pack. 80% of people who participate in the forums and chose to respond to this topic did not want him in the packs. I don't think that was enough to make WRG change their minds. The much bigger issue in my opinion was Spirk in ET, and they stuck to their decision. I expected no different here.
    I was all for it, and sadly didn't get one.

Forum polls are definitely not an accurate representation of the whole player base. There tends to be a disproportionate number of spenders here. That makes sense because those with a financial stake probably want their opinions to be heard. The non-spenders probably spend more time on the game and have a similar investment and desire to be heard.

With that said, it is possible that the forum poll is close to representing those who buy recaps, although several posted yes votes, then immediately said "I never buy recap packs." If anything, I would guess that the real percentages across those who purchase recaps between 75/25 and 90/10.

It's doubtful forum polls represent anything beyond people who respond to forum polls. I'm sure there are plenty of people who buys packs and are on this forum who just didn't care enough to break out their pitchforks and get involved in a poll/discussion.

Ask yourself this question, who is more likely to respond to a poll? The person upset about the change who wants to complain so it's changed back, the person happy with the change, or the person who doesn't care?

Good points. A well trafficked forum poll gets 150+ votes. This poll got about half of that. Your point about players who don't care enough to click the poll and vote is a bigger factor than I had considered.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    dfcpqb25axgw.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?