Home The Bridge
Options

Do you want Tribble Quark in recap packs?

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
According to Shan in the event thread for A Bed of Mushrooms, Tribble Quark will be in the recap packs. I'm curious to see who finds this favorable and who doesn't.
(If you don't care or aren't sure yet, then don't vote. You can always change your mind later.)
Farewell 🖖

Do you want Tribble Quark in recap packs? 77 votes

Yes
19%
HaBlackThis Sisko1DScottHewittSelene 7JoeSage 2Salamander ParisJenos IdanianKPan [ISA]Captain Ben FloydMonArkRiker's islan{DD}OttoMiniboomboxMusinoMitch-r 15 votes
No
80%
Warrior WilloWaldoMagZombie Squirrel [QH] Oxmyx[DB - Do Better]   Prowlerdext74Dragen[SSR] GTMET~peregrine~Drone_oneJean-Luc KenobiSoupKitchen Riker(HGH)ApollocmdrworfTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Shy KhanWebberonirobownagetytlal[DC] Picard Loves Reds 62 votes

Comments

• Options
    No
    Shan's post, so you don't have to take me at my word:
    Shan wrote: »
    I see Tribble Quark is event crew, which was mostly expected. That's cool, but... will he be in recap packs, @Shan ?

I asked and the reply is yes, Tribble Quark will be in the recap packs.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    No
    I've cited him and have no desire to end up with a dupe, so I simply won't open any of the recap packs.

I'm not sure how this will influence my behaviour in future mega events when it comes to recap packs and cites, but I've never had the habit of investing lots of dilithium into these packs anyway (I don't think I've ever pulled more than 5 or 6 of them, usually less) so it doesn't make too much of a difference. If I really want a crew I will compete for them during the event. And it's probably better for my crew slots not to pull any more 1/5*.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would prefer him not be in recap packs. Maybe there could be another pack next to the recap packs with all the other Tribble crew not in this mega. Could have 1701 Sisko, 1701 O’Brien, 1701 Bashir etc. That would be cool.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No
    I voted no, but it's hardly the end of the world.

That said, between this and RSK available directly in the ET promo within a few weeks of each other, we're definitely seeing a departure in how TP seems to value exclusivity in the game. I suspect it will change how I regard so called exclusives going forward - it's not hard to imagine that Locutus or the Caretaker may pop up in some sort of pack, or Kahless or Captain Tribble might become available as a threshold reward in a future event. I'm not necessarily opposed to this, but it does mean I have to reevalute how I use my resources.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care.

I won't be buying packs, I will have all legendary tribble crew from the mega at 2/5 or better. It is not worth wasting dil to start a fourth copy of 1701 Jadzia.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    No
    He wasn’t in the mega. He shouldn’t be in the recaps. He was free in the last mega. My thinking is anybody who doesn’t have him 5/5 would prefer he not dilute this event’s recap pulls. Who doesn’t have this guy? Somebody who JUST started playing? They’re not your target audience for recap pulls.
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So I have an issue with the Quark situation, but it is off topic for this poll. I will post my concerns in the event discussion.
    As for why I voted yes to Quark in recap packs, I have him 4/5 and do not plan to use a citation or honor on him in the near future. If I happened to pick up the final star for him while pulling a bunch of these packs, which I intend to do, then it's a bonus.
    I don't often get multiple of the same legendary when doing recap, and I usually open about 15 of them, but if I do happen to get a 6th star for him, well then thst would be a better pull than getting one of the existing super rares I have FF, so 550 honor is better than 200.
    But my opinion is biased because I need him. I think because the theme carried from one mega to the other, I would be okay if this became a pattern. However, except for the one issue I have about the whole thing, which I won't get into here.
    If your poll is successful, you owe me a Quark 😉
  • Options
    No
    KPan [ISA] wrote: »
    So I have an issue with the Quark situation, but it is off topic for this poll. I will post my concerns in the event discussion.
    As for why I voted yes to Quark in recap packs, I have him 4/5 and do not plan to use a citation or honor on him in the near future. If I happened to pick up the final star for him while pulling a bunch of these packs, which I intend to do, then it's a bonus.
    I don't often get multiple of the same legendary when doing recap, and I usually open about 15 of them, but if I do happen to get a 6th star for him, well then thst would be a better pull than getting one of the existing super rares I have FF, so 550 honor is better than 200.
    But my opinion is biased because I need him. I think because the theme carried from one mega to the other, I would be okay if this became a pattern. However, except for the one issue I have about the whole thing, which I won't get into here.
    If your poll is successful, you owe me a Quark 😉

I can't give you Quark, but you can PM me and I'll drop you any polestar you need to get any Quark in the portal. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I have no horse in this race since I used a spare citation to finish Tribble Quark back during his mega event.............
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Yes
    I don't pull mega recap packs since it's low value for me vs event packs but would like a 5th copy and fits the theme.
  • Options
    No
    It's a bit of a sidebar, but I'm surprised by how many players shun recap packs. My experience has been that they can be generous about dropping 4*'s and 5*'s in addition to the themed crew. I typically end up with several needed stars for incompletely fused crew I've had lying around and/or some new ones I didn't already have. Thanks to the recent portal update there's more in circulation I can use than there had been for awhile. Anything I can't use or just don't want simply helps me replenish my Honor that I depleted during the last sale. I might not be swayed by these considerations if recap packs were full price, but since they're not, that dilithium I stockpile between recaps can go a long way.

Ditto. And you kind of reminded me that I also want the Negh'var and Warship Voyager schematics in the recap packs. I think I've only gotten 3 Negh'var drops since the update.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's a bit of a sidebar, but I'm surprised by how many players shun recap packs. My experience has been that they can be generous about dropping 4*'s and 5*'s in addition to the themed crew. I typically end up with several needed stars for incompletely fused crew I've had lying around and/or some new ones I didn't already have. Thanks to the recent portal update there's more in circulation I can use than there had been for awhile. Anything I can't use or just don't want simply helps me replenish my Honor that I depleted during the last sale. I might not be swayed by these considerations if recap packs were full price, but since they're not, that dilithium I stockpile between recaps can go a long way.
    That’s a fair point. My thinking on the Quark situation specifically is I really have little chance of placing in mega events for crew. I basically have to pay for them. Changing tradition and adding a crew that wasn’t an event-win only crew lowers the odds for me. As long as I can get just ONE copy of a crew I can work to cite them. That’s all I need - just ONE. I’d be pretty chuffed to get a Quark instead of a unique event crew in this situation.

But you are right about the event recaps being one of the better values in the game.
  • Options
    No
    @Tribble on Lorca's desk [10FH]
    You forgot to include the "H-E-double hockey sticks No" option. :smile:
  • Options
    No

I honestly thought about that, except leaving out Yes. I'm fairly upset about this issue. But my insistence on fair polls won out. I even listed Yes first so no one could say that I tried to give my preferred outcome an advantage.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Yes
    Back in my day you got a 5th Mirror Picard after you used honor and liked it. I used 20k in Dil for suspira so the odds of getting a quark from a non event pack and through the recaps isn't something I'm counting on.
  • Options
    No

This
  • Options
    No

I honestly thought about that, except leaving out Yes. I'm fairly upset about this issue. But my insistence on fair polls won out. I even listed Yes first so no one could say that I tried to give my preferred outcome an advantage.

I know how hard you strive to be fair in the structure of your polls, which is why I hoping you would see the smiley face as a clarification of my intent to jest with you a bit.