Home The Bridge
Options

Do you want Tribble Quark in recap packs?

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'm indifferent. Insofar as Tribble Quark having just recently been featured, I'm sure there are plenty of players who still haven't fully fused him and would like to. Admittedly, this is likely to be a rather small pool of players. I guess I've just never lost the perspective I had during my first year as a VIP 0 player.

I understand that statistically, the odds will change statistically by adding Quark and is detrimental to my chances of pulling what I want. However, in a practical sense, adding Quark doesn't make these recap packs any different for me than any other recap packs. I already go into recap packs hoping to dodge at least one 5* and that goes up to 2/5 once I pull the fifth star for the recurring 5*. This time will be different because I want stars for all the 5*'s. Adding Quark spoils the 100% want percentage, but that only leaves me where I'm used to being with recap packs.

That said, I think what would be spiffy would be if there were two recap packs; one featuring the previously existing crew, and the other featuring the new. I'd be all about that.

Highlighted sentence is why I voted "YES". I have him done .Maybe others don't.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Tribble on Lorca's desk [10FH]
    You forgot to include the "H-E-double hockey sticks No" option. :smile:

I honestly thought about that, except leaving out Yes. I'm fairly upset about this issue. But my insistence on fair polls won out. I even listed Yes first so no one could say that I tried to give my preferred outcome an advantage.

I know how hard you strive to be fair in the structure of your polls, which is why I hoping you would see the smiley face as a clarification of my intent to jest with you a bit.

I thought so. Just wanted you to know it was a struggle this time and you almost got your wish. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    No
    Kanon wrote: »
    I cited him, I was under the impression that recurring characters from mega events weren't going to be so rapidly available, but after seeing RSK Spock in elusive trasures, nothing surprises me, so wth. I don't expect that kind of rules, logic or consistency from this game anymore.

Thats why I am refusing to spend. It is pretty eye opening that the company is making decisions like tribble quark in the recaps and RSK in elusive treasures. I do not think that the people running the game actually play the game, I think they are wanna-be day traders and they are just trying to find ways to extract as much money as possible out of the players.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bit of a sidebar, but I'm surprised by how many players shun recap packs. My experience has been that they can be generous about dropping 4*'s and 5*'s in addition to the themed crew. I typically end up with several needed stars for incompletely fused crew I've had lying around and/or some new ones I didn't already have. Thanks to the recent portal update there's more in circulation I can use than there had been for awhile. Anything I can't use or just don't want simply helps me replenish my Honor that I depleted during the last sale. I might not be swayed by these considerations if recap packs were full price, but since they're not, that dilithium I stockpile between recaps can go a long way.

My issue with recap packs, there are normally 8 4* crew in them. 5-6 of them I have FF as existing crew or new crew from galaxy events. That's a 67.5% chance of getting a crew I already have FF. This pack is 4/7 FF crew and 5/7 if I buy a normal pack to guarantee the Phlox. The odds of getting a FF crew I already have are too high. The one time I did try recap packs I blew my DIL and got nothing but crew already FF. So I'll continue to pass on the packs until they do something to improve my chance of getting a crew I need.
  • Options
    No
    From Shan in the event thread, just so everyone is aware that issue has been decided:
    Shan wrote: »
    Chiming in with some context regarding Tribble Quark:

- he is being used in this mega-event due to the theme of the event.

- he will be in the mega event recap pack to respect the format of previous mega event recap packs.

That's it, nothing else.

I totally understand some of your misgivings about this, and I will relay them.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    From Shan in the event thread, just so everyone is aware that issue has been decided:

- he will be in the mega event recap pack to respect the format of previous mega event recap packs.

That's it, nothing else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or mis remembering the already non existent rules and mechanics of this game: Tribble Quark is not part of the event in the way crew that is normally included in recap pack is. Crew in recap packs are crew that are obtainable during the event, not just event crew. Tribble Quark is bonus crew, but I don't see it as reward in any of the events of the mega.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

That's it, nothing else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, or mis remembering the already non existent rules and mechanics of this game: Tribble Quark is not part of the event in the way crew that is normally included in recap pack is. Crew in recap packs are crew that are obtainable during the event, not just event crew. Tribble Quark is bonus crew, but I don't see it as reward in any of the events of the mega.

If he is available in next week's pack, I think that means he should count. I believe that was the case for Mycelial Culber a few months back (granted that wasn't part of a Mega).
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    robownage wrote: »

That's it, nothing else.

If he is available in next week's pack, I think that means he should count. I believe that was the case for Mycelial Culber a few months back (granted that wasn't part of a Mega).
    It's getting way to complicated to keep up with the rules, and as a consequence, applying any kind of strategy. I feel like I can't plan on how to use my resources (citations in this case), just use them. Stop thinking and consume.
  • Options
    No
    robownage wrote: »

That's it, nothing else.

It's getting way to complicated to keep up with the rules, and as a consequence, applying any kind of strategy. I feel like I can't plan on how to use my resources (citations in this case), just use them. Stop thinking and consume.

I feel your pain. :(
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Yes
    Our Squadron leader shared their Quark. He is 2*

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Your squadron leader should be sharing their Kirk. He gets a bigger bonus and will be 3/5 shortly.

Also, unless your squadron leader is a new player, why is Quark not 4/5?
  • Options
    Yes
    AviTrek wrote: »

Your squadron leader should be sharing their Kirk. He gets a bigger bonus and will be 3/5 shortly.

I have no idea. Just pointing out that some people really so need Stars on theirs.

I'd ask him, but I apparently as the only one in our whole group who does not speak German,

:)
  • Options
    No

I have no idea. Just pointing out that some people really so need Stars on theirs.

I'd ask him, but I apparently as the only one in our whole group who does not speak German,

Hasst du 2/5 Kirk?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is 4/5. His stats were not good enough to justify using a cite for me. I'd been happy with getting an extra star. If I get lucky on the event pack, great, but I won't bother with recap packs.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    It's a bit of a sidebar, but I'm surprised by how many players shun recap packs. My experience has been that they can be generous about dropping 4*'s and 5*'s in addition to the themed crew. I typically end up with several needed stars for incompletely fused crew I've had lying around and/or some new ones I didn't already have. Thanks to the recent portal update there's more in circulation I can use than there had been for awhile. Anything I can't use or just don't want simply helps me replenish my Honor that I depleted during the last sale. I might not be swayed by these considerations if recap packs were full price, but since they're not, that dilithium I stockpile between recaps can go a long way.

My issue with recap packs, there are normally 8 4* crew in them. 5-6 of them I have FF as existing crew or new crew from galaxy events. That's a 67.5% chance of getting a crew I already have FF. This pack is 4/7 FF crew and 5/7 if I buy a normal pack to guarantee the Phlox. The odds of getting a FF crew I already have are too high. The one time I did try recap packs I blew my DIL and got nothing but crew already FF. So I'll continue to pass on the packs until they do something to improve my chance of getting a crew I need.

That's an understandable concern. I have a policy with regular packs that I won't even consider them unless I can use at least two of the three 4*'s.

One thing that I think would help would be if TP emphasized existing 4*'s who haven't already been featured in events. In this mega alone, we've gotten:

Captain Lucero (1 event, a Galaxy)
    1701 Jadzia Dax (4 events, including one Galaxy)
    Trader Odo (2 faction events)
    Tourist Quark (2 events; 1 Galaxy hybrid and the other a full Galaxy)

In another thread, @DScottHewitt raised the question of existing 4* Tribbled crew who could have turned up in those Featured slots. Those include:

1701 Bashir (1 faction event)
    Agents Dulmur and Lucsly (0 events)
    Edward Larkin (1 event; understandably skipped since the new Underwear Larkin was featured)

Also, I wonder how it would have gone over if they'd picked another 5* existing Tribbled crew member:

1701 O'Brien (pack only)
    1701 Sisko (3 events and packs, but only a rank reward in 1)
    Arne Darvin (pack only)
    Trader Worf (1 event)
    Tribble Herder Scotty (pack only)

Excluded Barry Waddle (same situation as Tribble Quark as a recent recurring 5*) and Captain Tribble (Honor Hall exclusive).

EDIT TO ADD
    I stopped keeping records awhile back. I feel like 1701 Jadzia Dax featured in at least a fifth if not a sixth event).
  • Options
    No
    There's a ton of dilithium in a $25 deal. If the recap packs were worth it, I would totally buy that offer. Just saying.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The problem is Quark is event bonus crew in next weeks skirmish. This is what qualifies for Quark being in the recap packs. He will be available for purchase too. I also think he will be one of two legendaries in next week event packs.

Normally we would have an existing 4* as the event bonus crew.

I have to say my Quark in both my accounts sit at 4F and I plan to use up my dil. in recap packs. My experience with them would say I have a chance of not getting him in one account and getting 5 copies in the other account.

Frankly, I lean to no I would rather he not be in them, because I am planning to open 50+ packs. But if he is in them at least one copy of him if I do get him will be useful.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No

Also, I wonder how it would have gone over if they'd picked another 5* existing Tribbled crew member:

1701 O'Brien (pack only)
    Arne Darvin (pack only)
    Trader Worf (1 event)

Excluded Barry Waddle (same situation as Tribble Quark as a recent recurring 5*) and Captain Tribble (Honor Hall exclusive).

How it would have gone for me is I would have dived head first into the recaps, even though I already have Scotty. I walked into this event with all 4*s completed, have finished all new purples (curse you, Sato!) and have me a copy of Uhura (my “must have”) and of course will have Kirk at 4/5. I mean, sure, possibly getting a copy of McCoy/Sulu is a temptation (Chekov is trash) but Quark diluting the pool just sours me on the whole deal. I always make a point to cite the free mega golds with honor, though with this Quark I lucked up on him during a Dabo sale and actually got a first to max (whoop whoop!).

If they had offered any of the 5* tribble crew you listed, I know I would have had zero doubts about these recaps (even with Chekov in them). Now, I might get an itchy tappy finger when those recaps hit, but right now I am heavily leaning towards a hard pass. I simply don’t like the idea of folding past free crew into the premium crew gamble.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trollita wrote: »

1701 O'Brien (pack only)
    Arne Darvin (pack only)
    Trader Worf (1 event)

How it would have gone for me is I would have dived head first into the recaps, even though I already have Scotty. I walked into this event with all 4*s completed, have finished all new purples (curse you, Sato!) and have me a copy of Uhura (my “must have”) and of course will have Kirk at 4/5. I mean, sure, possibly getting a copy of McCoy/Sulu is a temptation (Chekov is trash) but Quark diluting the pool just sours me on the whole deal. I always make a point to cite the free mega golds with honor, though with this Quark I lucked up on him during a Dabo sale and actually got a first to max (whoop whoop!).

If they had offered any of the 5* tribble crew you listed, I know I would have had zero doubts about these recaps (even with Chekov in them). Now, I might get an itchy tappy finger when those recaps hit, but right now I am heavily leaning towards a hard pass. I simply don’t like the idea of folding past free crew into the premium crew gamble.

If you'll indulge me, I'm curious to go a bit further down this rabbit hole. Please know that what follows is merely brainstorming and is not intended as any kind of debate.

I get the sense that you prioritize citing crew for whom you get multiple stars at once, whether a mega-event recurring 5* or perhaps a limited time achievement crew (a 3/5 Captain Picard Day Picard, for instance). If so, I totally get that because that's what I do. You make the additional point about "folding past free crew into the premium crew gamble" as a matter of principle, and I wonder how absolute that principle is. Suppose it was instead, say, a previous achievement freebie (Dr. 'Bones' McCoy, etc.), or maybe Quinn?

Is the matter ultimately more that you'd already cited those crew to immortality and therefore you don't need additional copies? Wouldn't that simply be self-interest? To be clear, I don't mean that as an attack. I've certainly campaigned for things in my self-interest here on the forum or in surveys. I've vehemently protested and campaigned for plenty of things in my five years on the forum. But I am aware that it is only my own self-interest that motivates my position.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

If you'll indulge me, I'm curious to go a bit further down this rabbit hole. Please know that what follows is merely brainstorming and is not intended as any kind of debate.

I get the sense that you prioritize citing crew for whom you get multiple stars at once, whether a mega-event recurring 5* or perhaps a limited time achievement crew (a 3/5 Captain Picard Day Picard, for instance). If so, I totally get that because that's what I do. You make the additional point about "folding past free crew into the premium crew gamble" as a matter of principle, and I wonder how absolute that principle is. Suppose it was instead, say, a previous achievement freebie (Dr. 'Bones' McCoy, etc.), or maybe Quinn?

Is the matter ultimately more that you'd already cited those crew to immortality and therefore you don't need additional copies? Wouldn't that simply be self-interest? To be clear, I don't mean that as an attack. I've certainly campaigned for things in my self-interest here on the forum or in surveys. I've vehemently protested and campaigned for plenty of things in my five years on the forum. But I am aware that it is only my own self-interest that motivates my position.

When the game “gives” me a 4/5 crew, I always cite it. Maybe that’s just me.

If they added, for example, a three/six-pack pull in the portal that featured one of the past mega event characters (Quark, Waddle, etc.) I’d be fine with that. I’d be GREAT with that. It would give people a chance to get a past mega event crew they missed.

The primary reason why I have a problem with Tribble Quark being added is he is not a crew unique to this mega. Secondary reason is many have used their honor to finish him off, OR finished him off by spending money on the last mega recaps. When are we going to see these special Tribble event crew again, a portal update over a year later? This is that end of event, final chance to get them, and they’ve tossed in a Quark to skew the loot table. When I pull that lever I want a crew from THIS event. Quark lowers the odds.

Agreed. They didn’t even work Quark into a faction event where he would have given extra benefit to those that had him and finished him.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No
    Thank @Travis S McClain I totally forgot about Kirk as bonus crew for coming event. Also I did not realize Tourist Quark was the higher bonus.👍

Edit: Oops I read the Communications for Skirmish it does not say Tourist Quark is event specific bonus crew. But there still is Kirk, Thanks👍

Boy, obvious choice Kirk 6 sec 325% immediate damage.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

If they added, for example, a three/six-pack pull in the portal that featured one of the past mega event characters (Quark, Waddle, etc.) I’d be fine with that. I’d be GREAT with that. It would give people a chance to get a past mega event crew they missed.

The primary reason why I have a problem with Tribble Quark being added is he is not a crew unique to this mega. Secondary reason is many have used their honor to finish him off, OR finished him off by spending money on the last mega recaps. When are we going to see these special Tribble event crew again, a portal update over a year later? This is that end of event, final chance to get them, and they’ve tossed in a Quark to skew the loot table. When I pull that lever I want a crew from THIS event. Quark lowers the odds.

Agreed. They didn’t even work Quark into a faction event where he would have given extra benefit to those that had him and finished him.

That's a criticism I can definitely get behind. If the basis for including Quark was to benefit newer players and those who hadn't finished fusing him, then putting him in a Faction even would have made the most sense--especially if it had been week 1 instead week 3. Putting him in a week 4 Skirmish of all things makes the least possible sense. We already have Tribble Kirk, and many of us also have Tourist Quark, either of whom will get us the full bonus per round. Moreover, Tribble Quark's ship ability takes 12 seconds to charge and carries a -3 penalty to Evasion. That's decidedly unhelpful, especially for the newer players likelier to benefit from his inclusion altogether.

Like I said, I'm indifferent overall to the matter but I would like to hear the rationale for inserting him, and at this point.

This is another case where the people writing the story took precedence over people designing the gameplay. They wanted Quark from a story perspective, so they added him. From a gameplay perspective in the event and recap pack question it doesn't make sense and there are better options they could have done.
  • Options
    Yes

That's a criticism I can definitely get behind. If the basis for including Quark was to benefit newer players and those who hadn't finished fusing him, then putting him in a Faction even would have made the most sense--especially if it had been week 1 instead week 3. Putting him in a week 4 Skirmish of all things makes the least possible sense. We already have Tribble Kirk, and many of us also have Tourist Quark, either of whom will get us the full bonus per round. Moreover, Tribble Quark's ship ability takes 12 seconds to charge and carries a -3 penalty to Evasion. That's decidedly unhelpful, especially for the newer players likelier to benefit from his inclusion altogether.

Like I said, I'm indifferent overall to the matter but I would like to hear the rationale for inserting him, and at this point.

This is another case where the people writing the story took precedence over people designing the gameplay. They wanted Quark from a story perspective, so they added him. From a gameplay perspective in the event and recap pack question it doesn't make sense and there are better options they could have done.

Since most people should have him at 4* even if they did not use a Citation or get him in the Recap he belonged in, It is odd to include him in the Recap Pack for a separate Mega Event. I still support the people that need a copy having a chance. But most most should at most need one copy, and a Citation might be a better choice than gambling any way.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    No
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Let me put it this way: during the Faction event that just concluded Barry Waddle, recurring mega event character from the mega prior to Tribble Quark, also got an event bonus, do you want him in the recap packs too?

A line must be drawn somewhere, so I submit that since the packs are officially given the "Recap" label...
    jai468zhbd90.jpg
    ...then I say to avoid all potential slippery slopes and to retain the value inherent in these packs, only cards from the actual mega event be included.

But Tribble Quark is event specific crew for the skirmish coming up he gets the higher bonus.

The event crew for skirmish are: Tribble Chekov, Tribble Phlox, and Tribble Quark
    Also the Megaevent Tribble Kirk.

Edit: I had planned not to vote no in poll (to abstain), but I decided to vote No.

All my accounts need one more copy of Quark. However, in main and second account I plan to pull 50+ packs. My experience has been I will have one account not get the mega crew and the other will get multiple copies. My 2nd account has 3 of the 6 legendaries 4F, I probably will end up with dupes. My 3rd account only has 2000 dil. highly unlikely that I will even get a legendary, because I might open 3 packs, at the most.

Edit: I do not expect TP to change Tribble Quark being in Recap packs. However, i would suggest maybe two type of recap packs one with new crew only (maybe sellling at 490 dil.) and the other with both the old and new crew.