New Collection: Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang!

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    I'm kicking myself now. Had yates in a begold yesterday and passed on her (new) vs adding a star to a crew I had. She's the only one I'm missing.

Pilot, Costumed, Civilian.....

Good luck getting Pilot. The price has gone up recently.

Maybe I’m just not understanding fully how the Celestial Market works, but why can I only sell a Pilot polestar for 8000 ISM but if I wanted to buy one I’d need to spend 27,999 ISM?

It's player driven. 8000 is the most any player is willing to spend to buy one right now. 27,999 is the cheapest price any player is willing to sell one for.

You're welcome to put in an order to buy one for any amount you want. If it's less then 8k then other players will be ahead of you. If it's over 8k then you'll be first on line, but there will need to be a player willing to sell at the price you're asking for.

Wait I can set my own prices for the polestars?

Yes, but... Whoever is willing to pay the most will get one first. Whoever is willing to sell the lowest will sell theirs first.

If you make an offer of 1 ISM, you'll never get one because you can "grind up" a polestar for 800 ISM. If a polestar is in high demand, you'll have to pay more. Low demand polestars can sometimes be obtained for less than 800 when players have a bunch and don't want to spend the time "grinding them up."

You could try to sell a polestar for 200k, but anyone who sells for less will sell theirs first. If it's the only one on the market, then you would also have to wait for someone with 200k to come along and be willing to spend it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Missing Yates and (obviously) Odo, plus Bashir is only at 1/4, so I decided to buy one pack.

Sure am glad I pushed hard to get two stars and finish off Kira in that event a month or so ago. At least I got some useful schematics.

t05zx85bf3gg.jpg
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I'm kicking myself now. Had yates in a begold yesterday and passed on her (new) vs adding a star to a crew I had. She's the only one I'm missing.

Maybe I’m just not understanding fully how the Celestial Market works, but why can I only sell a Pilot polestar for 8000 ISM but if I wanted to buy one I’d need to spend 27,999 ISM?

It's player driven. 8000 is the most any player is willing to spend to buy one right now. 27,999 is the cheapest price any player is willing to sell one for.

You're welcome to put in an order to buy one for any amount you want. If it's less then 8k then other players will be ahead of you. If it's over 8k then you'll be first on line, but there will need to be a player willing to sell at the price you're asking for.

Wait I can set my own prices for the polestars?

Yes, but... Whoever is willing to pay the most will get one first. Whoever is willing to sell the lowest will sell theirs first.

If you make an offer of 1 ISM, you'll never get one because you can "grind up" a polestar for 800 ISM. If a polestar is in high demand, you'll have to pay more. Low demand polestars can sometimes be obtained for less than 800 when players have a bunch and don't want to spend the time "grinding them up."

You could try to sell a polestar for 200k, but anyone who sells for less will sell theirs first. If it's the only one on the market, then you would also have to wait for someone with 200k to come along and be willing to spend it.

On the flip side, I've gone to sell some polestars at the automatically populated price only to end up getting more because the system found me a better offer. I think what happened in those instances is that between the time I started to list mine and it suggested the lowest price on the market to undercut, that listing sold and the next lowest offer was higher.

So anyway, shout out to whoever it was who bought that Undercover Operative polestar priced at 4000-something who cleared the way for me to sell mine for 7500 ISM to the next lowest bidder. I appreciate that considerate timing.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately I have one I have been sitting on.....
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got me a bunch of pilot polestars, useful for Braxton, and Hawk

On other news, I did a premium pull today, got a begold, not a difficult choice (sorry, Trip)

gr8lb23udar8.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one. :smiley:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    I just can’t figure out how to even set my own price for selling them
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    Got me a bunch of pilot polestars, useful for Braxton, and Hawk

On other news, I did a premium pull today, got a begold, not a difficult choice (sorry, Trip)

gr8lb23udar8.png

In five years, I have yet to have Regent Worf pop up. I've even got half a dozen of his equipment lying around from dabo spins just in case he ever does.
    I just can’t figure out how to even set my own price for selling them

Open the Celestial Market and pick whatever you want to sell.
    Click "Inspect" under the icon for it on the left of your screen.
    A screen appears asking how many you want to sell and "You receive from each" is their weird way of phrasing "How much you want for 'em?"
    The default quantity to sell is 1 and the default price is the current highest order price being offered. If you want to move yours immediately, just leave that alone. If you want to ask for more, scroll to the right to increase the price to whatever you want to charge.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

The market has corrected and pilot polestar is back to its original price.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

The market has corrected and pilot polestar is back to its original price.

I just looked and they *start* at 11998. The last three orders were: 1x at 10k, 5x at 10001 each, and 3x at 10k. Is that supposed to be its original price point? 'Cause if so... DAYUM.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screen shots to demonstrate what Travis said:

Go to Celestial Market:
    gydvw3nsipg7.jpg

Tap the polestar you want to buy or sell:
    eoxd0yu5g1m8.jpg

Use the "List for Sale" or "Place Order" buttons to set your price:
    w5g06mq4jjvd.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this collection so much I have to pass on Breen Kira (I can retrieve her later)
    czztm1ng6mak.png
  • Options
    I like this collection so much I have to pass on Breen Kira (I can retrieve her later)
    czztm1ng6mak.png

That would have been a tough one for me. I'd stare at the screen for at least two minutes. Whatever choice I mad, I would think back with bitterness to this pull every time either of them appeared in a future behold: "That would have made Sisko 3/5" or "That would have made Kira 2/5".
  • Options
    Hmm, I noticed that Bagman O'Brien has made the Bada Bing, Bada Bang collection. Why is that?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    CallMeJim wrote: »
    Hmm, I noticed that Bagman O'Brien has made the Bada Bing, Bada Bang collection. Why is that?

He's from that episode. He and the Collection were released together Tuesday.

0jvg6thvoxaq.jpg

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18490/tuesday-pack-8-24-2021-new-in-vault-bagman-odo-pack-scapegoat-obrien-collection-reward#latest

Wait. "Bagman O'Brien"? Do you mean Bagman Odo or Scapegoat O'Brien?

He's a "Scapegoat" because Kasidy falsely accuses him of stealing chips from her stack to distract the guard so the heist can happen.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Badda-Bing,_Badda-Bang_(episode)
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    It's a shame their roles weren't reversed. We could have had Scapegodo.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Did a thing tonight.

0x4j44wja023.jpg

Well, that cinches it. We're definitely getting four more milestones for four more copies. (But also: Very cool!)

Carl Zeemo {Do we ever actually see him? Been a while since I watched.}
    Frankie Eyes
    Tony Cicci

The adversaries would make perfect sense.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Did a thing tonight.

0x4j44wja023.jpg

Well, that cinches it. We're definitely getting four more milestones for four more copies. (But also: Very cool!)

Carl Zeemo {Do we ever actually see him? Been a while since I watched.}
    Frankie Eyes
    Tony Cicci

The adversaries would make perfect sense.

Yep, we do see Zeemo. He's the aged gangster played by Marc Lawrence. Lawrence's legacy is tarnished for some of us for having named some names during the House Un-American Committee hearings. His filmography, though, even despite being blacklisted over that, consists of some of my favorites. He's in two Bond flicks (Diamonds Are Forever and The Man With the Golden Gun) and a few with Bogie (including Key Largo). He's definitely one of those "You'll know him when you see him" guys.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is fully equipped now, should I cite? (I think I will)
    xhvnshznxm4x.png
  • Options
    xhvnshznxm4x.png

That's a lot of cites to get a 1/5 card which will probably only be useful if you cite that one as well. Personally, I wouldn't do it yet, unless you have a pile of citations which you wouldn't use otherwise.

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    xhvnshznxm4x.png

That's a lot of cites to get a 1/5 card which will probably only be useful if you cite that one as well. Personally, I wouldn't do it yet, unless you have a pile of citations which you wouldn't use otherwise.
    I tend not to cite crew that's in the portal, but this is a fun collection, so I'm not sure (plus, everyone counts for the costume party collection, not to mention that recent decisions make saving cites seem to be a waste)
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    xhvnshznxm4x.png
    That’s about where I was with Kira and Yates, and I went ahead and cited so I could toss angry Yates in the freezer and get O’brien. I did have to retrieve… Safecracker Nog, lol. Never thought I’d retrieve a 4* but it was worth it.
  • Options
    Trollita wrote: »
    xhvnshznxm4x.png
    That’s about where I was with Kira and Yates, and I went ahead and cited so I could toss angry Yates in the freezer and get O’brien. I did have to retrieve… Safecracker Nog, lol. Never thought I’d retrieve a 4* but it was worth it.

Yegg Nog is one of those Tuesday guys. I got mine when he was later used as the exiting 4* in an Event and I pushed to finish high for four copies. I retrieved Kasidy, since she was missing for me.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Beyond_the_Veil
  • Options
    xhvnshznxm4x.png

If you're going to get any recap packs, I'd at least hold off until then. It'd be frustrating to cite someone only for them to show up in a behold.

If you're looking for prioritization recommendations, it's always tough to do that without knowing what the other player's crew is, and what their objectives are. What I can say is that I have Kira and Sisko both immortalized (no Kas as yet). I've personally gotten more mileage out of him. But, as they say, YMMV.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only need one more star on Kira and Yates to complete the citation. I will burn through some more packs before I use two cites.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    xhvnshznxm4x.png

Sisko was worth citing before the collection, so go ahead and cite him. But that's still 6 cites you'll need for Kira and Kassidy. Then you'll need another 4 for O'Brien. Ask yourself if you have a better use of 10 citations. Do you have 2-3 crew that you would be better off FFing than getting O'Brien.

If I just needed 1-2 cites, I'd probably do it. But for me, I'd rather have 2 other crew FF than have 1 O'Brien, so I decided not to go after the collection for now.