Home The Bridge
Options

Shan's informal brainstorming/teasing corner

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of hoping that this collection would eventually include all of he animated properties. Where are my Lower Deckers?!?!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I was kind of hoping that this collection would eventually include all of he animated properties. Where are my Lower Deckers?!?!

I think the key word there might be "eventually". 😉🤞
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I think the key word there might be "eventually". 😉🤞

I didn’t notice this initially but Ephram and Dot aren’t part of the collection. I think they’re the only animated crew that aren’t TAS currently.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan Commodore Robert April was omitted (autocorrect rarely is) from the Animated collection.
    Since we finally got our Animated collection that is strictly TAS, can we expect a "Short and Sweet" collection for Short Treks? I think there are enough to get started. I can count 16 off the top of my head.
    "Runaway"- 1- Runaway Po
    "The Brightest Star"- 3- Kaminar Saru, Siranna, and Lt. Georgiou
    "The Escape Artist"- 3- Tevrin Krit, Android Mudd, and Bounty Hunter Mudd
    "Calypso"- 3- Zora, Stranded Craft, and Returning Craft
    "The Trouble with Edward- 4- Cabot Janitor, Captain Lucero, Edward Larkin, and Underwear Larkin
    "Q and A"- 1- Relaxed Number One
    "Ephraim and Dot"- 1- Ephraim and Dot
    "Ask Not"- 0-
    "The Girl Who Made the Stars"- 0
    "Children of Mars"- 0

Great catch!

That would bump me up to eight that are fully fused; I happily scored my fourth ‘Em/3/Green during the Honor Sale, as a matter of fact, so this is good timing.

I had actually postulated an Animated Collection in a thread a while back; the signs were there with a sudden influx of TAS characters, so now I really have a reason to score a much wanted Chuft Captain!
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Do we know for sure the new animated collection is strictly for the Animated Series from the early 1970s or is it meant as a catch all for all animated crew ? Meaning it would encompass any potential crew from Lower Decks and Prodigy if they acquire the rights at some point ?
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    The description of the collection reads “The Animated Series” if that helps.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some series collections would be HUGE, but it would be a great way to see who is available for those series themed Megas. Sometimes it's hard to remember who comes from which series and there is some overlap.
    Picard was in the first episode of DS9 and Quark was in the first episode of Voyager. Swindler Quark is a potential Voyager variant of Quark and would be a fun reward for the upper Milestones.
    TNG will be 35 this September, so that would be a great time to launch it, unless you have something else planned for then. I would love a TNG era comm badge avatar with a 35 on it. It would be a great reward for a special Objective Event.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some series collections would be HUGE, but it would be a great way to see who is available for those series themed Megas. Sometimes it's hard to remember who comes from which series and there is some overlap.
    Picard was in the first episode of DS9 and Quark was in the first episode of Voyager. Swindler Quark is a potential Voyager variant of Quark and would be a fun reward for the upper Milestones.
    TNG will be 35 this September, so that would be a great time to launch it, unless you have something else planned for then. I would love a TNG era comm badge avatar with a 35 on it. It would be a great reward for a special Objective Event.

If we can have a resourceful collection we can have a TNG or DS9 collection. It's just a matter of how many levels they make it and how many crew per level.

But I don't think they will mix crew between series. So Swindler Quark could be a VOY crew but wouldn't count for DS9. While Picard wouldn't count for DS9 unless they added a variant from Emissary.

Speaking of which, a crossover collection would be fun. All crew when they are appearing in a series other than their main series. Barclay, Troi, Quark, Riker, Spock, Scotty, etc...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like Captain Scott should be TNG not TOS. His image and flavor text are from his appearance on TNG.
  • Options
    Not being in their "usual" series wouldn't be too big a deal. Swindler Quark would have Ferengi and Criminal for a start. Mirror Tuvok would be Mirror and Vulcan. Most of these crossover appearances include several extra traits.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I would still very much like a musician collection :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of Klingon Archer most but I’d also like a Rura Penthe Archer or 20th century Archer (Carpenter Street). If you want a unique take, how about UFP President Archer.

I’d like to see the Kazon get a little more of a look in for a mega event; they are supposed to be affiliated to the Ferengi Traditionalist faction and yet we haven’t had a kazon character for quite some time. To honour Aron Eisenberg, I’d like to suggest Kar, from the episode Initiations. And maybe a couple of other Kazon and Trabe characters could be thrown into the mix.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Kazon would also add a couple of new ships for skirmish /arena quite nicely.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Further to my last post, could there be an event in the future which features the honor hall specific characters as one of the principle characters? Or include voyage-only characters in an event? They don’t have to be awarded as milestone or conclusion prizes but it would be nice to see some of them appear as a fourth character.
  • Options
    Hate to double post, @Shan , but I'm still getting the overlay on shuttles. On my Kindle, as usual.
    42iw3jhru5yx.png
    I also had a weird glitch where the Vault appeared under a collection banner. No idea what brought that on. I think I was hunting a certain crew to thaw.
    5coz7kxlp724.png

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting the overlayed shuttles windows on my shuttles during the event too. Android phone running version 12.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for confirming that the ui issue is still occurring, for stuff like this can it be put in Engineering Room? No need to do it for this particular issue though.

This is supposed to be my brainstorming thread, not my bug storming thread ;p
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL bugstorming.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Shan, I had a question: Does WRG have the license for Strange New Worlds content? With the show gearing up (and looking awesome), can we expect to see that material to be added to the game?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming that the ui issue is still occurring, for stuff like this can it be put in Engineering Room? No need to do it for this particular issue though.

I know. I figured since it had been brought up here, I'd try to keep it together and I included the other glitch in the same post. I also had a build available indicator that was wrong again. Spring is the beginning of bug swatting season!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    Hey @Shan, I had a question: Does WRG have the license for Strange New Worlds content? With the show gearing up (and looking awesome), can we expect to see that material to be added to the game?

It is something that is being looked into :)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Got bugs? This usually works.... :D

eks20zjfvn7i.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

gplz9m525dih.jpeg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    The following idea isn't related to writing or events, so I don't know if it belongs here in this brainstorming thread or more properly in Make It So. Anyway, here goes....

I know that @WRG Ben recently discussed Achievements on the Timelines Talk stream, which was summarized here:

"- Will existing achievements be updated
    This is something we’d like to do, but it first requires making sure that doing so would not break anything."

When the time does come for updating them, what about creating a new Achievement for completing all the episodes & distress calls, similar to the one for factions? The new one could be also tiered, e.g. for normal/elite/epic levels.

Finishing the Galaxy Mapp is a long-term endeavor for a new player and provides a major sense of accomplishment once completed, in my opinion. It did for me, anyway. Just my 2¢.
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

That will make lot of people very happy.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

I hope so :)
  • Options
    I wonder what everyone will be clamoring for now?
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

Like the EMH complaining. It never ends.
  • Options
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

An all time classic ship, this was right up there with the Excelsior on ships I really wanted to see appear.

Since this is a brainstorming thread, I just have to give a shoutout to the Ambassador class, aka Enterprise C, as one more that would be fantastic to see. 👍🙂