• Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Lalalalalaaaaaa

adz8alynbbkx.gif

I am so happy right now
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    So .. if I were to ask : what do Badgey and Pike (Anson Mount) have in common?

They were in the dream I had after eating half a box of fish sticks at 3am?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

They were in the dream I had after eating half a box of fish sticks at 3am?

With or without custard?!

But no ^^
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

They're both being added to the game?????? o:)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Who are two people who have never been in my kitchen?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    They are both characters in new Trek shows for which WRG has secured the rights to appear in the game? 🤞
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭

They both would like to teach us a lesson?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both feature the color yellow.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you legally allowed to say the first name yet?
  • Options

Who are two people who have never been in my kitchen?

Yet...yet...
  • Options
    mvx0c09sw3wh.png

Wait, really? Now?!
  • Options
    gf242ubrmv4s.png

That's ingame art all! Look at the shading! That's really good!!
    Okay I might be hyped.
  • Options
    mvx0c09sw3wh.png

*mass popping of party poppers*

LDS AND SNW!!!! I'm beyond excited!!!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    gf242ubrmv4s.png

Okay I might be hyped.

<angelic grin>
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    gf242ubrmv4s.png

Okay I might be hyped.

I'm picturing Badgey as the new Honor Hall crew
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sensing a SEC powerhouse for Badgey!
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    So with Number One FINALLY getting a proper name in SNW (Una Chin-Riley, for anyone that's missed trailers) will the Number One card names be changed (eg Bridge Officer Number One to Bridge Officer Una/Bridge Officer Chin-Riley) or will it just be seen on new cards? (yes these are the things I think about 😅)
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    can-i-teach-you-a-lesson-badgey.gif
    I'm sensing a SEC powerhouse for Badgey!
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    Cool news for crew from both shows able to be added now. Is Prodigy also on the table ? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask about Prodigy at all.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭

Any more spectacular teasers like that o:) ?
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Your answer is much better than mine:
    “They’re both colored yellow.”
    😀
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    SILIK wrote: »
    Cool news for crew from both shows able to be added now. Is Prodigy also on the table ? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask about Prodigy at all.

Prodigy is not on the table, no - it is not a good fit as it is a kids show.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are branding considerations, but I hope that decision can be reconsidered. Prodigy is much more than a kids show. I've enjoyed the show and I know a lot of adults have as well. I think of it in the same category as Star Wars Clone Wars and Star Wars Rebels. Both shows were advertised as childrens shows, but had a large adult audience because the show was written for more than just children.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Yeah, but its still Trek and I'd bet more adults then kids are watching it.

On other note.... WOOHOO!!!! Badgy!
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Yes, please. We need both the U.S.S. Protostar and Murph! Plus, we get a couple animated Voyager crew.

Technically, so is the Animated Series. Both are rated TV-Y7 according to IMDB and it shows up in the Kids section of P+. I'm not sure exactly what this games rating is. Amazon has it as "Guidance Suggested", which is pre-teens in the Y10 range, I think? That's not much of a leap.
    Has anyone looked at what themes Prodigy has covered?
    *Child slavery!
    *Slavery in general
    *Murph ate grenades
    *Planets that eat people
    *A stolen starship
    *Nandi is a gambler and a con artist
    *Weapons trafficking (the fuel for the cloaking device)
    *Attempted mass murder (Turning off the power to the mines)
    And there are more.
    Some of those were touched on by TAS. Is it because it is a CURRENT kids' show and not one that is going on 50?
    More than a few games have a higher guidance rating than the series they are based on. It's been that way for years. I remember when they started putting the ratings on games and my mom had to buy a game I wanted... and paid for...because I was a year or two shy. It's up to parents to guide their kids. I know for a fact that a nine year old is playing. Him and his parents are part of my fleet. Can we get more specific concerns? Pokemon rates an "E" and it is digital cockfighting.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Salamander ParisSalamander Paris ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I'd guess the issue is less about it being a "kid's show" per se and more about the characters themselves being kids/teens. I've read in here before they don't want really young characters in the game because it creates weird optics (I don't think they really want Picard blasting a kid in the gauntlet for example). It seems like hologram Janeway could at least be in play if they wanted to do it, and I'd be totally down with getting Murf, but most of the characters just aren't viable due to being too young.