Home The Bridge
Options

Shan's informal brainstorming/teasing corner

123457»

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Glad to be getting something cool in game Shan cause it is very hot where I am. Just please don’t make Badgey a Tuesday pack crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd guess the issue is less about it being a "kid's show" per se and more about the characters themselves being kids/teens. I've read in here before they don't want really young characters in the game because it creates weird optics (I don't think they really want Picard blasting a kid in the gauntlet for example). It seems like hologram Janeway could at least be in play if they wanted to do it, and I'd be totally down with getting Murf, but most of the characters just aren't viable due to being too young.

Kestra, Nog, and Jake Sisko come to mind as minors in the game.

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    That's a lot of new crew.

Quimp would be good, the only Ferengi I could get along with. Dip/Sec/Med.

lds-102-eggs-ferengi5.jpg

As would a 2* or 3* T'Ana.

Starfleet, Alien, Female, Doctor. Give her a nice strong Med for those doing the cadet missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPpaVCAj1uI&ab_channel=GamerShmeider
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    can-i-teach-you-a-lesson-badgey.gif
    Clearly, we need a new system where Badgey randomly appears to terrorize our crew.

I vote no ... ;p
  • Options
    Bound2FateBound2Fate ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    can-i-teach-you-a-lesson-badgey.gif
    Clearly, we need a new system where Badgey randomly appears to terrorize our crew.

I vote no ... ;p

I've always thought that freezing Khan should have a similar effect.
    Admiral of Historians of Starfleet Join! Looking for daily players.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    SILIK wrote: »
    Cool news for crew from both shows able to be added now. Is Prodigy also on the table ? I don't think I've ever seen anyone ask about Prodigy at all.

Prodigy is not on the table, no - it is not a good fit as it is a kids show.

Thank you for making the right call here. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Proton §¤§Proton §¤§ ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    A Masked Mega event...I have been waiting 6 years for the versions of Data from the TNG episode "Masks". Ihat, The Old Man, The Child, Masaka, and Picard as Korgano.
    y9ck2wfzzk5r.jpg
    83hm5f7kyi8o.jpg
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    About Prodigy, I suspect it is a branding issue, STO devs said something similar about how they were unlikely to get Prodigy rights due to the gambling/lootbox aspects of the game. Timelines would come under this banner too.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    About Prodigy, I suspect it is a branding issue, STO devs said something similar about how they were unlikely to get Prodigy rights due to the gambling/lootbox aspects of the game. Timelines would come under this banner too.

Good catch!
    That makes the most sense of any take on the situation and since the show honestly is marketed primarily towards a younger audience, even if adults can enjoy it as well, I can’t say that I disagree with the call that the suits made on it. 👍
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch!
    That makes the most sense of any take on the situation and since the show honestly is marketed primarily towards a younger audience, even if adults can enjoy it as well, I can’t say that I disagree with the call that the suits made on it. 👍
    Even though a guest character has a gambling problem and was making a deal to supposedly pay off a debt...oh, it's life. Wonder if there will be a kid's game for it. I saw action figures online.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch!
    Even though a guest character has a gambling problem and was making a deal to supposedly pay off a debt...oh, it's life. Wonder if there will be a kid's game for it. I saw action figures online.

Oh, I totally see where you’re coming from on that, but I can also see that from the suits’ perspective STT involves, essentially, gambling with real dilithium- uh- money, which could get dicey for the younglings.

Hope you luck out with the figs, I still love my Rebels style Chopper.
    🤬Droid!
    🙂
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good catch!

They just announced a Prodigy game this week for consoles and such. Not a mobile game.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »

Good catch!

They just announced a Prodigy game this week for consoles and such. Not a mobile game.

If there is one for Switch or PC, I can totally get on board. I game on multiple platforms.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*