Home The Bridge
Options

Lower Decks! Lower Decks!

Beyond thrilled with this announcement. I know it's not a show that does it for everyone, but I can't wait to see the Timelines versions of Beckett et al.

What characters do people want to see? I'm particularly looking forward to an eventual Badgey.

Comments

• Options
    Badgey is at the top of my list too! I was especially happy to see him in the promo.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    This may be what finally gets me to quit the game. ButtonGate nearly did it. The inclusion of this perversion may just finish the job.

I don’t suppose this ‘perversion’ bothers you then? :lol::tongue:

3bf55bbad370a8fcad1d09b005e278c2.jpg?itok=jkoO2fQZ

I for one am very excited. Bring on Lower Decks!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy for those who like these new shows! For me, I haven't seen any of the new ones (i.e. not discovery or picard either)--call me a nostalgic star trek fan, lol. Unfortunately this is making the game less and less interesting to me, what with the increasing number of cards for characters I don't know.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    I'm happy for those who like these new shows! For me, I haven't seen any of the new ones (i.e. not discovery or picard either)--call me a nostalgic star trek fan, lol. Unfortunately this is making the game less and less interesting to me, what with the increasing number of cards for characters I don't know.
    I haven't seen the new shows, either, but the inclusion of cards for characters from them has served to pique my interest in watching them. To a certain extent, the game serves as advertising for the franchise, which is OK with me as long as there's something interesting or challenging to do with all the cards I've collected. Bring on the boss battles mechanism! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Understandable argument, the same for someone who maybe has only watched Voyager and not other Trek series, but I also see the investment in licensing these shows as a huge boon to the continued longevity of the game. Whether you are interested in the new characters or not, thats a lot of money to drop on licensing which means there's not the "get as much money from people and then shut it down" mentality that some would like to suggest was the previous path WRG was on.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure after the first episode that I was going to hate Lower Decks, but I've ended up loving it. In a lot of respects, it feels the most recognizably Star Trek out of the entire CBS era to date. As for the question of who I'm most looking forward to seeing in Timelines, it's easily Tendi. I adore her.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought for sure after the first episode that I was going to hate Lower Decks, but I've ended up loving it. In a lot of respects, it feels the most recognizably Star Trek out of the entire CBS era to date. As for the question of who I'm most looking forward to seeing in Timelines, it's easily Tendi. I adore her.

Tendi with her dog, The Dog, would be awesome. Would like the whole crew but I would like them to have big facial reactions in their cards like they do on the show. Something like these.

gz9pm4jo14xh.jpeg

1d2sjooqkj1n.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

Tendi with her dog, The Dog, would be awesome. Would like the whole crew but I would like them to have big facial reactions in their cards like they do on the show. Something like these.

gz9pm4jo14xh.jpeg

1d2sjooqkj1n.jpeg

“Some old Klingon guy with an eyepatch sold it to me. HONOOOOOOR!!!”

Cracks me up every time. 😂
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

+87 on Tendi!

I started out skeptical, as well. But, it might sometimes be my favorite Trek show now!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    This may be what finally gets me to quit the game. ButtonGate nearly did it. The inclusion of this perversion may just finish the job.

awb7bwf8zqia.gif

• Options
    It's like a Lego Marvel game. You might just like the Avengers or the XMen, but you get some of the lesser known ones too, like the Defenders and Howard the Duck. Or for a Tolkien fan vs someone who just knows the movies or has only read The Hobbit and the trilogy. There is a whole series of layers to dig in.
    I like most of what I've seen in the expanded Trek universe. I'm behind in Picard and Disco, but I like Picard pretty well and I'm liking some parts of Disco already. I just haven't finished season one yet. :* LD and Prodigy I'm current on and really enjoy. It's about what I want. Light and fun is the cartoons or Short Treks. Comfort is the older series. I can start Enterprise at the beginning again and be happy for weeks. Been stressed so, I'm behind on the heavier newer series. I'll catch up.
    If you don't like it, you can tolerate it for the people that do. I'm allergic the coconut, but my mom can still have her Mounds.

I grew up reading comics. Marvel much more than DC. and you know what?

Marvel Avengers Alliance and Marvel Future Fight introduced me to characters I had never heard of. Some of which became favorites for me. For instance, I had never heard of The Runaways until MAA added them to their game. And I love both the original comics and the new ones now.

• Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Lower Decks is perfect for nostalgic Star Trek fans.

Oh really? That's good to know, thanks!

In my part of the world, seeing all the new series would require me to subscribe to two streaming services that I'm not currently subscribed to, so yeah, I'm not going to do that. Maybe one day. 🤷
  • Options

In my part of the world, seeing all the new series would require me to subscribe to two streaming services that I'm not currently subscribed to, so yeah, I'm not going to do that. Maybe one day. 🤷

So many RememberBerries. Cool callbacks in just about every episode. Plus, the new "Galactic Big Bad" is quite unexpected.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    This is why they are going animated & not realistic

1cb46rpo98jk.jpeg
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    This is why they are going animated & not realistic
    Yarrr! That's gonna replace the whale in my nightmares!

(But the plate is a wonderful touch.)

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Lower decks mega crew - has to be O'Brien
    vsne09btwsjf.png

The Greatest Engineer of all Time

4m6urk0mwka1.gif
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    vsne09btwsjf.png

The greatest to come from Lower Decks
  • Options
    Well per Ben in 2-3 weeks we will have Badgey in the game, so anyone who wants to quit should get their game affairs in order before then.

And, I heard him say Badgey is going to be a 5* crew, which should make everyone who hates the animated crew (like me) pop a vein and stroke out when he's (it's?) released.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an easy one to binge. I enjoy watching it, but I don't renew Paramount+ for it, I just catch up when I do.

I enjoy Lower Decks, but find the intermittent crash humor to be a fair distraction from an otherwise heartful celebration of Trek.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    It's an easy one to binge. I enjoy watching it, but I don't renew Paramount+ for it, I just catch up when I do.

I enjoy Lower Decks, but find the intermittent crash humor to be a fair distraction from an otherwise heartful celebration of Trek.

"Distraction" is the perfect word for how I feel about it, too. I think I disliked the first episode because it was too imbalanced toward that humor. Since then, though, they've kept it down enough that it doesn't ruin an episode for me. "Mugato, Gumato" is a great example. (No need to even summarize for anyone who's seen it.) Just when it started to lose me, it got right back on track and kept me in it.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditch your other streaming services for a month or three. There’s no reason to maintain multiple subscriptions or keep the same thing going all year around. As a Canadian I subscribe to Crave or Netflix. I switch every 4 or 5 months. When I switch to another service there’s a bunch of stuff waiting for me to watch.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    vsne09btwsjf.png

The greatest to come from Lower Decks

I was referencing a line from the episode.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    He's still the OG of Lower Decks crew

Speaking of, when are we gonna get a TNG O'Brien? Transporter Chief?
  • Options
    This just proves that star trek has become a joke ...