Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event Lower Decks Edition! Medicine for Mayhem - 2022-05-05

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in The Bridge
We're running into an unusual delay in art approval, meaning we cannot announce the next event, yet.

Thank you for your patience while we were dealing with what is known as a perfect storm ...
Event notes: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19253/galaxy-event-notes-medicine-for-mayhem-2022-05-05

Comments

• Options
    My wild guess/secret earnest hope is that we're getting a skirmish to introduce the Cerritos to the game and it's the ship model that they're having trouble getting approved ...

/posting entirely for the bragging rights if I've guessed right
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s Boimler and the actor who plays him, Jack Quaid, is having trouble picking which art makes him look best in true Boimler fashion.

kiodsg4gh8rx.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    For those waiting on new information, notice the stealthy title change.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Until Monday"? That really sounds like someone needs to do a TED Talk on the 6Ps.

I may have said before that artwork approval is a known thing. So, maybe artwork approval really should be something that is done earlier. It seems like this is an issue that has come up pretty often. I would say maybe the company needs someone on top of this, even if it means hiring someone. Absolutely no offense is meant. Feedback is just being given for consideration. Things like this make it feel like they are just planning a week ahead for Events. Surely that is not the case.

And @Shan. Sorry they caused you more headaches!

===============================

No offense is intended, meant, implied, construed, or contained in Red or Blue Pills. Do not use infernally. Never call with a Deuce-Seven Off-Suit. Objects in mirror may be behind you. I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. I'm in love with Stacy's mom. So now I come to you with open arms. Sunday is on the way. The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. This Ming is a psycho! Maximum effort! Nothing in this disclaimer or the comment it is part of construes, implies, or in any way can serve as legal advice.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    For those waiting on new information, notice the stealthy title change.

Well, it does catch the eye.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    If only we had a Section 31 to find out the event info ahead of Monday.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The odd part is that it is normally a repeat after a mega. So are we getting an extra new event between megas or are they doing some major adjustments to an old event? Can we at least find out if we're getting a repeat or all new?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The odd part is that it is normally a repeat after a mega. So are we getting an extra new event between megas or are they doing some major adjustments to an old event? Can we at least find out if we're getting a repeat or all new?

It should be a Rerun since T'Ana is new. If I understand the difference between a Rerun and a Flashback. And if they are doing one or the other between new Events this time. And since she is already in this week's Event, it makes one wonder which artwork is not approved yet.....

EDIT: What if the "hold up" is a new 2* in the Threshold?!?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Md_nDXAOZ8
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Should be the full(all crew) Lower Decks event they hinted.
    So the delayed art approval should be for new Lower Decks crew.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options

Should be the full Lower Decks event they hinted.

Didn't it sound like it was gonna be sooner rather than later? So could be the 4* that is a problem.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    We're running into an unusual delay in art approval, meaning we cannot announce the next event, yet.

Why is this stopping the Week 4 mega event packs from being released 24hrs before event start tomorrow?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

Why is this stopping the Week 4 mega event packs from being released 24hrs before event start tomorrow?
    The Week 4 pack is now up in the event hub:

4o1pxvaltyy6.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Could it have something to do with the promised Fleet battles launching soon too? T'Ana has some great speed in battles and a can see some promise there.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    3* Badgey is a new crew!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Super Spock!

8jl9qzpby1l2.jpg

I’m hoping for Stavos Keniclius 5 from TAS.
    c4r5ztg1qbjx.jpeg

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event will indeed be one featuring Lower Decks crew :)

Is it going to be a rerun and will there be a 5* threshold reward in it?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

How could it be a rerun? There has never been an event with Lower Decks crew. Come on, champ.
  • Options

How could it be a rerun? There has never been an event with Lower Decks crew. Come on, champ.

1| That "champ" was a little snarky.
    2} I cannot stop laughing at "champ"!
  • Options
    I’m champing at the bit for these Lower Deck crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I’m champing at the bit for these Lower Deck crew.

I've already Retrieved and Froze Badgey, My 3* Collection was made incomplete by him.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very much a Boimler type thing.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

If "champ" had been properly capitalized, would it have been more palatable?

Asking to see if I can takeover the snarky title.
  • Options

If "champ" had been properly capitalized, would it have been more palatable?

Asking to see if I can takeover the snarky title.

Well, probably less snarky. Since then it would be like a nickname for a beloved child?
  • Options
    I'm guessing Physicians are bonus crew given the offers for Mok'bara Crusher and Mirror Hugh...

Definitely seems like it!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Physicians are bonus crew given the offers for Mok'bara Crusher and Mirror Hugh...

Are we so quickly discounting that we could be getting a "Human" trait bonus?!
  • Options

Are we so quickly discounting that we could be getting a "Human" trait bonus?!

Dr. T'Ana is a Physician, but not a Human. I'll go Physician too.