Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event Lower Decks Edition! Medicine for Mayhem - 2022-05-05

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I still need a lot of Maquis items though.
    The two Ferengi factions are much worse than Maquis.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    Trait themed megas are lame IMO because they are too easy now. The Factions become boring with overkill crew.

On that note, it's way past time to do something with the Hirogen and KCA. Their paltry rosters stand at a combined seven crew. Four were included at launch. The last was added on 9/14/16. When they add the first Tendi from Lower Decks, there will be more Orions than these two combined. I understand the KCA feeling obligatory but I've never understood making the Hirogen a faction. I say replace the Hirogen with the Orion Syndicate. Transfer players' reputations so no one's progress is wasted. As for the KCA, we're still lacking Overseer Odo and Bareil Antos. Lursa & B'Etor were named but never seen. Outside of them, I guess it's time for more Timelines Originals. There are plenty of possibilities for those.

With Discovery well under way, even Picard & Lower Decks, Isn't it time to introduce some more factions & give the game a bit more life?

When was Borg introduced?

The only problem would be how to make it a challenge as it most likely would be easy with the cards now
    Unless only certain crew could complete the missions that were from pull packs & events & at immortalized

New factions is a great idea. If space is an issue, remove Hirogen and Maquis since they are almost never used. I just airlock all Hirogen and Maquis items when my inventory gets close to full.

You forget about the new players though & that they will need to level up those characters. Maquis also does have faction item that is useful & only available there. Encoded communique I think?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Trait themed megas are lame IMO because they are too easy now. The Factions become boring with overkill crew.

On that note, it's way past time to do something with the Hirogen and KCA. Their paltry rosters stand at a combined seven crew. Four were included at launch. The last was added on 9/14/16. When they add the first Tendi from Lower Decks, there will be more Orions than these two combined. I understand the KCA feeling obligatory but I've never understood making the Hirogen a faction. I say replace the Hirogen with the Orion Syndicate. Transfer players' reputations so no one's progress is wasted. As for the KCA, we're still lacking Overseer Odo and Bareil Antos. Lursa & B'Etor were named but never seen. Outside of them, I guess it's time for more Timelines Originals. There are plenty of possibilities for those.

With Discovery well under way, even Picard & Lower Decks, Isn't it time to introduce some more factions & give the game a bit more life?

When was Borg introduced?

The only problem would be how to make it a challenge as it most likely would be easy with the cards now
    Unless only certain crew could complete the missions that were from pull packs & events & at immortalized

New factions is a great idea. If space is an issue, remove Hirogen and Maquis since they are almost never used. I just airlock all Hirogen and Maquis items when my inventory gets close to full.

You forget about the new players though & that they will need to level up those characters. Maquis also does have faction item that is useful & only available there. Encoded communique I think?

I think Hirogen has something unique, too. I seem to recall it popping up when I was leveling someone. Of course, they can just "roll" items into the new Factions or Factions. Or add some to Borg. They are the "catch-all" Faction.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Hirogen probably has furs but at least for me, EC is one that is used IIRC quite a bit
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirogen probably has furs but at least for me, EC is one that is used IIRC quite a bit

I might be thinking of a tech doodad that they have and all the Missions that drop it I do not have Epicked.

Everything I looked at for their Faction Center has Mission Drops, as well.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Dangevin [CAB]Dangevin [CAB] ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    I'll volunteer that I run Hirogen all the time. No, really. It's where all of my regular daily shuttles go.

I believe that having a "trash" faction to run randomly whenever nothing else useful is happening, is valuable for anyone who still has a backlog of crew to level - ANY crew, not just Hirogen.

Hirogen missions drop 2* Optronic Data Core (this is prob your "tech doodad"), which:

* Is built using an away-mission-only component (0* Optronic Data Core), so non-Skirmish-farmable
    * The 0* ODC also happens to be the #18 most-used Galaxy item
    * Requires faction-only 1* Holoprogram
    * Is a component of 3* Social Experiment, an extremely common leveling item

Hirogen also drops Casings and Furs - while skirmish farmable, are still in demand for both leveling and Galaxy. The steady trickle matters.

So why run Hirogen daily, and not other "better" factions? Simply, I know I'll never need to tank it. The 0* or 1* drops aren't scarce or useful to farm with tanked shuttles, and it would take an absolute turkey of a Faction event for them to win and get the 3-day bonus. It's entirely safe to succeed endlessly with them. And the benefits of these guys in particular are a bit better than the other "worst" factions.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll volunteer that I run Hirogen all the time. No, really. It's where all of my regular daily shuttles go.

I believe that having a "trash" faction to run randomly whenever nothing else useful is happening, is valuable for anyone who still has a backlog of crew to level - ANY crew, not just Hirogen.

Hirogen missions drop 2* Optronic Data Core (this is prob your "tech doodad"), which:

* Is built using an away-mission-only component (0* Optronic Data Core), so non-Skirmish-farmable
    * The 0* ODC also happens to be the #18 most-used Galaxy item
    * Requires faction-only 1* Holoprogram
    * Is a component of 3* Social Experiment, an extremely common leveling item

Hirogen also drops Casings and Furs - while skirmish farmable, are still in demand for both leveling and Galaxy. The steady trickle matters.

So why run Hirogen daily, and not other "better" factions? Simply, I know I'll never need to tank it. The 0* or 1* drops aren't scarce or useful to farm with tanked shuttles, and it would take an absolute turkey of a Faction event for them to win and get the 3-day bonus. It's entirely safe to succeed endlessly with them. And the benefits of these guys in particular are a bit better than the other "worst" factions.

You are also missing out on good faction items every day on the off chance you will need to tank one of those factions later. I just don’t see enough reason to tank to do this. WRG gives us plenty of time to run shuttles for achievement crew.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I just don’t see enough reason to tank to do this.

I don't tank personally, but I've always understood the real advantage of it to come with the faction event winner bonus. Every shuttle gives 5 chrons and takes 30 minutes less than normal to complete - so if your tanked shuttles are at 30 minutes or less, you can rake in chrons until you run out of merits for more transmissions, or patience with tapping, whichever comes first.

Being able to blitz through "do this many shuttles" requirements is just a fringe benefit.

(I guess also there are some factions where their low-rarity items are the most useful ones, eg S31 and holoprograms where 0* ones pop up in crafting all the time when you're levelling crew.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    You hit a point where faction items don't matter. You have more than you need from events. And anything else you need you can always replicate. I only run 8 shuttles because I'd rather to merits into honor than buy shuttle tickets outside of events.

And while there is enough time to complete these events without tanked shuttles, it's just easier to sit down once and run a bunch to clear the requirement. Especially if it's locking gauntlet or something else that I want to give time for.