Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event Lower Decks Edition! Medicine for Mayhem - 2022-05-05

Comments

• Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Physicians are bonus crew given the offers for Mok'bara Crusher and Mirror Hugh...

Are we so quickly discounting that we could be getting a "Human" trait bonus?!

Dr. T'Ana is a Physician, but not a Human. I'll go Physician too.

Could still be Starfleet!
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Physicians are bonus crew given the offers for Mok'bara Crusher and Mirror Hugh...

Are we so quickly discounting that we could be getting a "Human" trait bonus?!

Dr. T'Ana is a Physician, but not a Human. I'll go Physician too.

Could still be Starfleet!

Does Mirror Universe count as "Alien or part Alien"?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    6in9roaivszg.jpeg

No event details on the cat event, so I thought I could coax it out with some food.

I’m starting to lose hope….🙈
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    6in9roaivszg.jpeg

No event details on the cat event, so I thought I could coax it out with some food.

Don’t worry, I have a backup plan…catnip.

nr4kwmeyvys5.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Better have a backup event waiting in the wings, WRG, 'cos you've only got till Thursday to sort this art nonsense out.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Severian67 wrote: »
    Better have a backup event waiting in the wings, WRG, 'cos you've only got till Thursday to sort this art nonsense out.

The packs are scheduled to be up on Wednesday.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Kirk said as the the Reliant approached in ST:II: "This is damned peculiar." WRG's staff must be pulling their hair out in frustration.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1495 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    Not mad but very disappointed. I want to know what crew I have that I need to get ready for the event.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not mad but very disappointed. I want to know what crew I have that I need to get ready for the event.

Same here. They could maybe tell us the bonus trait. I would like just that. I'm looking at physician crew and hoping I'm right.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Admirable BernabyAdmirable Bernaby ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Thats right. If we knew the bonus traits, we could at least work on leveling those crew to prepare. And I'd like to know if this is a full-on Galaxy or a hybrid.
  • Options
    Rerun of "The Enemy Within", or if they are feeling sadistic, "The Weak will Perish."

The first would match the physician trait.
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    6in9roaivszg.jpeg

Don’t worry, I have a backup plan…catnip.

nr4kwmeyvys5.jpeg

If those don't work, try this:

7lbxtpfx4kwb.png
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    Yes, it is Mayhem.
  • Options
    I think all of you chomping at the bit for this event are gonna end up needing one of these...
    6u12fp6v8qx6.png
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mariner

Fed, Starfleet, Human, Maverick, Resourceful, Brutal, Scoundrel, Duelist.
    Ship Ability 8s, then 350% damage.

I don't think she deserves Brutal, Scoundrel should cover it.

And well done to the person who suggested Physician as the bonus trait.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19253/galaxy-event-notes-medicine-for-mayhem-2022-05-05

Galaxy with Dr. T’Ana 5* (New), USS Titan Bradward Boimler 4* (New), and Bat’leth Mariner 4* (New). Ranked reward 5* crew: Nona 5* (Existing). physicians are bonus.

Weird both Boimler and Mariner are super rares. I guess for the rerun after the mega. We will likely get many other variations of them both though.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wild guess/secret earnest hope is that we're getting a skirmish to introduce the Cerritos to the game and it's the ship model that they're having trouble getting approved ...

/posting entirely for the bragging rights if I've guessed right
    Maybe so for the rerun event to follow this one:

https://sttwiki.org/wiki/In_Taste_Confounds
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/19253/galaxy-event-notes-medicine-for-mayhem-2022-05-05

Galaxy with Dr. T’Ana 5* (New), USS Titan Bradward Boimler 4* (New), and Bat’leth Mariner 4* (New). Ranked reward 5* crew: Nona 5* (Existing). physicians are bonus.

Weird both Boimler and Mariner are super rares. I guess for the rerun after the mega. We will likely get many other variations of them both though.

It looks like they decided to slot this event in between the mega and the usual rerun. Nona as the 5* reward hints at a flashback the following week
  • Options
    STT has officially jumped the shark
  • Options
    Seriously? 😡
  • Options
    At least I can save some chronitons this event.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, good. I was right. I started working on Physicians and making lists before I went out to do chores. I'd hate to have to rejuggle my roster and whiteboard again. I have Nona out, so I won't need to thaw anyone for the repeat. Bring it! >:)
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not that keen on galaxy events, but I do think they're the best way to do it if there's a new 4* in the thresholds as that way everyone can get at least one copy (if they want to participate at all). I'm probably still going to go 130k and out, but looking for extra Mariners in portal pulls will spice things up in 2023 or whenever she gets added ...
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Btw there‘s an Edit Button. No need to post back to back. ;)

And like the previous event proved(highest scores ever? for a Top 30/100/750 faction event finish/cut off) there are plenty ppl around that like Lower Decks. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    but looking for extra Mariners in portal pulls will spice things up in 2023 or whenever she gets added ...

It is possible we will see Mariner before then as bonus crew, a monthly reward, or campaign.
    I expect another LD event soon, and we will need bonus crew, possibly from the Animated collection.

For the haters out there, I doubt we will have a LD mega in the near future, June is players choice, August will probably be SNW.

Btw there‘s an Edit Button. No need to post back to back. ;)

And like the previous event proved(highest scores ever? for a Top 30/100/750 faction event finish/cut off) there are plenty ppl around that like Lower Decks. :)

Yes, my best ever finish.

@[SFW] Quick Claude this is good for me, it will make it easier to get the four stars for Mariner, if I choose to go for her.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mariner

Fed, Starfleet, Human, Maverick, Resourceful, Brutal, Scoundrel, Duelist.
    Ship Ability 8s, then 350% damage.

I don't think she deserves Brutal, Scoundrel should cover it.

And well done to the person who suggested Physician as the bonus trait.

I think Bat'leth Mariner merits the Brutal trait. I would, however, agree that not every Mariner should have that trait. There are probably variants that also wouldn't necessarily merit Scoundrel or Duelist. Maverick and Resourceful, however, should be universal.