Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event Lower Decks Edition! Medicine for Mayhem - 2022-05-05

Comments

• Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I do like that Mariner has low bases/high proficiencies (I think she goes straight in as one of the top 4* gauntleteers) - nicely reflects the way she copes with weird situations on away missions and so on, even if she finds other elements of Starfleet duties tiresome.

I'm not entirely sure why this version gets MED, though - seconds after the moment depicted in the art she's slicing into Boimler's leg ...
  • Options
    Mariner does perform first aid (debatebly on Boimler in episode 2 and afterwards she field dresses a Bolian's wound in ep 3) but yeah that MED jumped out to me as well, I guess they're assuming she must have stopped the flow before getting him to sickbay or maybe even patched him up herself.

I always found it interesting the bath'leth cut is not directly addressed afterwards, it shows that Boimler even at this very early stage cares enough about her not to have rated her out as being the one who cut him while drunk.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Lower Decks inspired bridge.
    gh5hdnazycqn.jpeg

Brilliant.
  • Options
    gh5hdnazycqn.jpeg

Oh, very well played!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    gh5hdnazycqn.jpeg
    Mine

emewovpjpgu0.jpg

Cool!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    The mission descriptions are hilarious and spot-on!

Kudos to the writer(s) who came up with them.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mission descriptions are hilarious and spot-on!

Kudos to the writer(s) who came up with them.

Compliment forwarded, thank you :)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Wonder if the Bat‘leth color was the delayed art issue. I assume it was bloody before, but in the show it was „rusty“ and brown, so they had to change it, but forgot to do on the items which still shows blood and are named „Bloody Bat‘leth“. ;)
    eo8uwafnfrue.jpeg
    c6r4nqxwabz3.jpeg
    s55s904rog5r.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Wonder if the Bat‘leth color was the delayed art issue. I assume it was bloody before, but in the show it was „rusty“ and brown, so they had to change it, but forgot to do on the items which still shows blood and are named „Bloody Bat‘leth“. ;)
    eo8uwafnfrue.jpeg
    c6r4nqxwabz3.jpeg
    s55s904rog5r.jpeg

Well, it was bloody afterwards ...
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be funnier if it was clean when you started and only bloody at the end. We've seen it before, but it would be fun.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnderW wrote: »
    ufrbyhgv3ml0.png

T’Ana: Ensign, I need that Mugato horn, ASAP.
    Beckett: I LOVE HONOR; I DEMAND HONOR!
    Boimler: Hey, have you guys seen these warnings about MugaAAAHHHAAA!!!

Most excellent :D

• Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Very strange to have two new SRs for an event. Finishing Bradward will be super easy but there is no good/easy path to completing Mariner so I may just jump off at 130,000 VP and lose a crew slot for a few months. She does not help me with any collections and I know there are a bunch of HUGE Lower Decks fans, so I will make way for somebody else who would appreciate it more.

Awesome thinking out for others, the Star Trek way.
  • Options
    Very strange to have two new SRs for an event. Finishing Bradward will be super easy but there is no good/easy path to completing Mariner so I may just jump off at 130,000 VP and lose a crew slot for a few months. She does not help me with any collections and I know there are a bunch of HUGE Lower Decks fans, so I will make way for somebody else who would appreciate it more.

I did exactly this. I enjoy LD but its not my favorite and getting the one copy of Mariner satisfied by OCD for now. Plus my particular jam is Enterprise and this game has been VERY nice to me on that front lately.
  • Options

I did exactly this. I enjoy LD but its not my favorite and getting the one copy of Mariner satisfied by OCD for now. Plus my particular jam is Enterprise and this game has been VERY nice to me on that front lately.

Curious who is your favorite Enterprise crew or who would you like to see from Enterprise we do not yet have in game?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

Curious who is your favorite Enterprise crew or who would you like to see from Enterprise we do not yet have in game?

I really love that crew. The show didn't do great by Travis and Hoshi but the other five "main cast" all got interesting storylines.

For Recurring I love Shran and would love a Shran that is usable in game at a high level (maybe a Xindi arch "mining consortium" Shran?)

I'd love to see the game finish off the "twilight" versions of the crew (Phlox, Tripp, Malcolm). Away team uniforms for the crew (the jackets) other than Archer. The EV Suit for Hoshi. Archer in the EV suit from First flight. Malcolm Tripp and Archer in their 20th century disguises from the season 4 opening arch.

A host of guest stars I'm sure I haven't thought about including the rest of the Ferengi from the episode where Tripp is saving everyone in his skivvies.

Pregnant tripp lol?

There's a ton.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Klingon Virus Archer... I'm sure I'll think of more but I wanted to toss that one on the fire too. Some more So'val too. Prisoner So'Val and Interrogator Shran would make an interesting combo.

Shran's arena quote would be "where is your fleet"
  • Options

I really love that crew. The show didn't do great by Travis and Hoshi but the other five "main cast" all got interesting storylines.

For Recurring I love Shran and would love a Shran that is usable in game at a high level (maybe a Xindi arch "mining consortium" Shran?)

I'd love to see the game finish off the "twilight" versions of the crew (Phlox, Tripp, Malcolm). Away team uniforms for the crew (the jackets) other than Archer. The EV Suit for Hoshi. Archer in the EV suit from First flight. Malcolm Tripp and Archer in their 20th century disguises from the season 4 opening arch.

A host of guest stars I'm sure I haven't thought about including the rest of the Ferengi from the episode where Tripp is saving everyone in his skivvies.

Pregnant tripp lol?

There's a ton.

Good choices and suggestions. Would love a usable Shran in game. Such a great character, Jeffery Combs finest, and yet very disappointing stats.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    gh5hdnazycqn.jpeg
    Mine

emewovpjpgu0.jpg

Boimler looks so clueless as to what is going on behind him.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    gh5hdnazycqn.jpeg
    Mine
    emewovpjpgu0.jpg

Boimler looks so clueless as to what is going on behind him.

And Dax has taken an interest in his studies.
    I keep on flipping between the 2. I prefer the original one I did below I think 🤔 before he was clueless. Here he is taking notes

bh9r2krnul9m.jpg
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I want at least three more of Mariner. I have my one copy fully equipped and am using her in the event some. I finished Boimler this morning, before I left to run the A/V system for a funeral at our church this morning. I needed three for Animated. The 4* crew from this event with have that down to one.
    Crosses fingers for Badgey hunt.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    Ok, as a former US Navy sailor, I have to point out that this is NOT how you describe the uniform for a Lieutenant Junior Grade:
    l83xmmp9bjjt.png

It should be Lieutenant JG or, if abbreviated, Lt JG. This hodgepodge of capital and lowercase letters mixed with too many periods is improper and shows that the design crew failed to research basic naval ranks and designations before putting this out.

Thank you, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what they meant.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    Honestly, I have zero expectation of them to research naval ranks or designations. It's a game about Star Trek, not the US Navy.

It does reinforce my concern about the team not researching Star Trek though, since Lieutenant JG is well established in the Trek tradition, and even STT itself has already successfully followed that naming convention in the past (Palmer, Martinez, Lavelle).

Where, exactly, do you think Star Trek got their ranks from? Naval ranks, from both US and British traditions, have been used for most, if not all, sc-fi ship oriented literature.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself