Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Skirmish Event Blight - ME#1 - 2022-06-02

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this hold up include the Tuesday pack? Also why is the LTO for Age of Sail Picard only showing tiled delta shields? Usually a restart fixes display issues, but it's been that way since yesterday.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Does this hold up include the Tuesday pack? Also why is the LTO for Age of Sail Picard only showing tiled delta shields? Usually a restart fixes display issues, but it's been that way since yesterday.

Might be safe to assume so
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    Thanks for the stats Shan. Hopefully the art issues can be fixed as soon as.
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    I will just add “Starship Surprise” gay Spock, played by Bully Herbig, a German comedian.

Okay, then let's add Mr. Spuck too, played by Otto Waalkes, another German comedian.

cgioyhc1y7aa.png

And a video clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKBghmMHfhY
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got to check out all this German Star Trek.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Theme packs are up now.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    There are many cogs involved, and not all on our end.
    This is not how we want things to proceed, and while we do plan ahead, there are things that are out of our control. This month has been particularly difficult and we hope for a smoother experience in the future, for all parties involved.

It seems like the new art process is causing more delays than the old art process. I don't know if this new process was your decision or dictated by Paramount/some outside entity. But it feels like you need to extend your timeline to account for these delays.

I agree, however if the hold up is SNW Spock, then it could be out of WRG's hands. Paramount might demand SNW crew, but put time limits on when they can be released, and when WRG get to see pictures from which to produce the art.

If is frustrating that the event starts in 48 hours, and we don't even know the skill set of the recurring legendary.

If the holdup is SNW Spock and it's based on Paramount rules, then I don't blame WRG for the rules, but I do blame them for not planning to accommodate the rules.

If Paramount doesn't want Spock released before x date, then don't plan an event to release Spock before x date. If Paramount requires Y days to approve the art, then be sure to give them the art more than Y +8 days in advance.

I don't blame WRG for external dependencies, but I blame them for not accounting for those dependencies.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭

I think its difficult to express patience and understanding when we have no time table for a reduction in these types of issues.

It would be relieving to know when the game owners will be holding themselves accountable for these types of problems, which are particularly troubling as they have to do with the normal flow of content. Its not as though the weekly packs are a brand new thing. its also pretty sad when they leave up the picard offer with no fix to the art display, and they say they wont fix it. Thats really bizarre to me. Its like saying yeah our advertisement isnt advertising correctly and will probably negatively affect our salez but oh well.

Just makes it easier to tap the “x” instead of confirming purchases, imho.

YMMV.
  • Options
    Theme packs are up as well.
    Good job on pressing that button that should've been pressed earlier and definitely did not need people pointing out that the pack is not up. Great job all around.

By the way, remember when you finally did the right thing and corrected all the curly apostrophes in crew names? But just maybe keep it consistent going forward and not re-introduce the issue? Meditative T'Pol has that curly apostrophe and does not come up when searching for T'Pol.

9b85vah9fj7i.png

Nobody ever brought up the discussion of working well with 3rd party tools or supporting them in any way. We can't even bring that one up because you can't even keep your basic game running well for the players. It's beyond frustrating.

She isn't down with the T'Pol's either. She did come up when I searched "Meditat".
    Made 7 pulls- 1 Crusher, 1 Culber, 1 T'Pol, 2 Saru, and 2 Kira. Three good out of seven. I also got a couple extra beholds and got my last star on Rizzo. I counted 4 useful bundles of schematics too. Not bad.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Old, er, "Man" Spock
    legends-of-tomorrow-season-5-photos-14-8.jpg

That was a great episode.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry for all the difficulties and hiccups lately, as I said it has been a difficult month, and this might extend in parts to next month, but the goal is to get to a more stable place as soon as possible.

I appreciate the frustrations this can create, and I appreciate even more your patience and understanding :)

I don’t think anyone blames Shan. I do think we’re all baffled as to why WRG is having these issues after seemingly getting past them enough to roll out the event hub. The number of issues lately is getting frustrating and I get the feeling that WRG has taken on more than it can handle, which means that WRG isn’t doing anything particularly well right now.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're working on event announcement as we had to make a change to the event and replace Lt. JG Picard with MacDougal.

The event will be announced as soon as possible, and the event packs will go live around that time as well.

That's fine, but can you double check the event to be sure that Picard's traits are correctly switched for MacDougal's? I seem to remember that being a problem the last time there was a switch in the event crew at the last minute.

It's a Skirmish, traits don't matter for the bonus crew.
  • Options
    No, they don't for a Skirmish, but if Picard and MacDougall are actually just being swapped then her traits and his will need swapped, because I think she's in a Galaxy or Galaxy hybrid.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta say i m not thrilled about switching a favorite main cast
    for a random XY „google me“ crew, but whatever.

My excitement about this mega was already low and is now dead for sure. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    No, they don't for a Skirmish, but if Picard and MacDougall are actually just being swapped then her traits and his will need swapped, because I think she's in a Galaxy or Galaxy hybrid.

No, Picard was meant to be the 4 star, so she will just be a in swap in replacement.

Anyway, I suspect most players will be using the Tam they already have from a week ago.

Spock is the 5 star for next week.
  • Options
    . Shan admin6:06PM
    We're working on event announcement as we had to make a change to the event and replace Lt. JG Picard with MacDougal.

The event will be announced as soon as possible, and the event packs will go live around that time as well.

Hello Shran, sorry to say, but WRG in not acting up to speed. A lot of people invest a lot of money in this game, but it looks like WRG isn't interested in that, as long as they get their money. I, for one, am looking at if this is what I am wanting to go with. I am a admiral of our fleet, but get underwhelmed more and more. Where does WRG want to go? You will have to move soon, otherwise, sadly letting my fleet down, I will regard to get out of this game.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Captain p is right.

When the basic routine of weekly content, planned events and other things that are otherwise normal in the regular sequence of things become too much for the regular crew to handle, then its basicaally a big warning.

I think that either the regular game staff has been gutted, by people quitting, or workforce reduction, or they were simply moved to another more profitable game. Its probably not going to be long until we see another monthly subscription type offer to try and increase revenues, but it wont help, the fleet i used to be in when fleets were first introduced is now gone, and none of those players are here anymore. More people quitting everyday.

This new company has really missed the mark anyway. I wont say disruptor beam was holy saints, but it was better than this.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Blue Picard will now be an honor exclusive for 200,000

Just make sure you have enough honour to FTM