Home The Bridge

Event Discussion: Skirmish Event Blight - ME#1 - 2022-06-02

Comments

• Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    So all brackets were moved up 1 level, right?
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointed in this. Not sure if I have enough time to even get/stay in top 2k. top 1500 by this morning would not have been an issue (and I kinda gave up then....), but top 2k now may not happen. I kinda got !#!#!@ with the extra day.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this mean that rank 150 will be 3 copies?
  • @Shan Likely, we still have to spend more chronitons than usual. Any thoughts on that?
  • I hope this is just one more mistake to add to the list. Rank 100 still getting just 3 copies? You are just laughing at us badly!
  • Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, so nothing then? Where is my slow clap gif at?
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the expansion compensates the amount of time added to the event. In 24 hs you can drop more than the 500 spots, so the overall fix to the issue has made reaching the rewards more difficult than doing nothing at all (this is true for everyone regardless of time zone, etc). People in the Top 1500 could have troubles ending in the Top 2000 unless they play a lot (more than 250 chronitons worth of intel)
  • Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    OUT.
    RAGE.
    OUS.
  • Very embarrassing coming immediately after I had posted the previous solution giving many times better compensation for a much lesser issue.
  • Just for reference: the last time WRG changed the reward tiers in an event mid-event, ranks 1 to 15 received all 5 copies of the crew.

Granted, things changed since then and new, more generous, reward tiers were introduced, but that's also part of the problem. Since there are many more reward tiers now, the "move it down one tier" change isn't very impactful until you get to the lower ranks.
    Soft Cell: Tainted Spock
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's revisit the new rewards. I wouldnt want this to really push people into leaving the game. Recruiting is hard enough lol.
  • I would've ranked 76-100 if the event ended today. So let me get this straight. I now have to skirmish an extra day in order to maintain my 76-100 3x Spock reward that I was seeking, and all I get for this extra effort and more resources spent is an extra 50 dil, 250 honor... (I mistakenly spend more dil buying extra loot boxes thanks to your design conducive of this).
    And I'm privileged for affording the time to do this on a Monday, unlike others.
    This is a terrible joke.

This is exactly the point. One extra day of spending resources for 50 dil? This is it, I’m not spending one more cent in the game, you’re treating us like idiots WRG

• <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    I am sorry this is taking so long.
    All brackets have been moved up.

We're working on deploying the change as I type this.

Moved up BY ONE? ARE. YOU. KIDDING? Alright then, time to get out the pitchforks and torches.
  • You introduced a 24 hour extension that has, in effect, become a punishment on many players. The expanded tiers don't nearly go far enough to compensate for that. I can understand players being upset . .
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    While this "solution" seems final, I have to say, it is quite disappointing.
    The event broke and was extended by 24 hours. This only caused more disparity amongst the players.
    Not everyone has the ability to sit home all day and tap through an additional day for the event. On top of that, additional resources had to be spent to even try to maintain a rank somewhat close to where a player would have finished at the typical end of the event.
    The compensation that was given last night does not rise to the level of the effects from the event outage.
    The adjusted reward tiers clearly do not rise to that level either.
    The fact that the announcement on the reward tiers came out after 4:00pm EST also adds salt to the wounds.

Again, I'm really disappointed in the outcome here. It definitely does not meet the true impact the event outage has had on the player base; WRG has come up very short.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the more picture orientated amongst us.
    5lwf5z8ng6lt.png
    dek010ghlzvm.png

This is not ideal but I can afford to slack somewhat now. If I’m going for a 2/5* I prefer to burn off some intel for extra honour. At least with a Skirmish there are rewards for doing extra work.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
    So if anyone has a statement for our show on Wednesday, join our Discord, there's a thread on it where you can post something you wish us to read out regarding this with your name on it. Keep it somewhat classy if you can. We'll be reading out player statements usual time on Wednesday.
  • **chews popcorn in amusement at all the outrage over a free game**
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • What really gets me is it's such an own goal. We've just been given a great Pike card, the ranked reward for this event is a great Spock card and, voila, this comes along to wash all that good will away. Taking more time to react yesterday would have saved a good deal of this from blowing up. It's just sad that we're all at this place, players and WRG alike.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, how are we calling this one? ExtensionGate? SkirmishGate? SNWSpockGate? RewardsGate? (I see RankGate in TimeLinesTalks)
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I like it. When I could play, it was down. When it was back up, it was past 2 AM. So now I can get my goal. otherwise I would not be able to make my goal.
    Thanks WRG!
  • PhaseEndedGate
  • Well, this is quite the spectacular Spocktacle. These improved rewards - or lack thereof - are a worse compromise than sending everyone a free Mirror Picard.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    Really??? Im going to repeat: @shan does not program. Understood.
    But really? No way no how does this resolve log in issues, event error issue since saturday when P2 started. Some ppl plan their grind for sunday, some ppl grind in waves over 4 days. There are different strategies.

There has been a malfunction existent to players since P2 started. Then a full shutdown on sunday for aprox 4 hours. You can not fix this with this silly🤪simple adjust ranking rewards.

DEVS:!!!!! I personally have 3 fleet members whom this is the last straw. They spend $$$. They are out. You have collectively, substantially, finally broke the will of long time players and again crossed the lines of customer care into abysmal embarrassment.

We are soooo tired of asking, shouting, screaming fix the game and stop the need for mishaps, apology messages, and frustration in our happy place. We dont want apologies and quick fix that in no way can or will fix the entirety of the issue. We want the game to work.

This entire event has been botched. This reaches the levels above and beyond all other major ticket screaming mishaps.

• Smiley WirelessSmiley Wireless ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Ok so let's get this straight...

- As I work each day, most of the hard work was done over the weekend - plan being top 450ish, then slide down gently and top up a bit for an hour if necessary at lunch on Monday to be sure of hitting top 750.

- Lost 3 full hours on Sunday evening - at the exact time set aside for a big push.

- The event was arbitrarily extended for a full 24 hours, never mind those who have lives outside the game.

- Have had to spend many extra hours and an extra 8000 chronitons to get level with the spot I aimed for this time last night.

...and now it seems that for all this extra tapping, resources and inconvenience to real life, I'll go to top 500 instead of top 750 - for a grand total of....... 1500 extra ISM and 1 extra Skill Constellation.

Er, no. Please do better - this is an insult.

Edit - in-game announcement just arrived - 500 Chronitons, 10 arena tickets, 100 dilithium. Yeah and the rest....?
  • Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    So if anyone has a statement for our show on Wednesday, join our Discord, there's a thread on it where you can post something you wish us to read out regarding this with your name on it. Keep it somewhat classy if you can. We'll be reading out player statements usual time on Wednesday.

it-crowd-popcorn-go.gif
  • Well, this is quite the spectacular Spocktacle. These improved rewards - or lack thereof - are a worse compromise than sending everyone a free Mirror Picard.

I would take him 🤷