Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Skirmish Event Blight - ME#1 - 2022-06-02

Comments

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    More people quitting everyday.

I'm not seeing a big change in the weekend events.
    Scores are still insane high.

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's in my event hub now.

Thank you for the hard work @Shan and team.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

The top scores, maybe. But what about participation scores across the board? The whales are still here (most of them) but general user numbers are dropping.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭

Well. Then i guess thats a big relief.

What im seeing has more to do with daily engagement from fleet members, activity in chats (ingame, discord, even here) and as far as events, my own observation shows that its easier to break rank 1500 now than it was two years ago. But thats my own experience.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Well. Then i guess thats a big relief.

What im seeing has more to do with daily engagement from fleet members, activity in chats (ingame, discord, even here) and as far as events, my own observation shows that its easier to break rank 1500 now than it was two years ago. But thats my own experience.

I used to be able to make 1500 in a faction event without using speed ups, rentals or dilithium. That’s not going to happen nowadays. Galaxies require a lot of tapping. Skirmishes even more.

However, that doesn’t describe the casual player base. It could be that there are fewer casuals but the top end is more competitive at the same time.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    And in all this, no one has yet commented on Spock's stats and Ship's Abilities.

Accuracy, 400% damage, and a mean voyage score.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »

The top scores, maybe. But what about participation scores across the board? The whales are still here (most of them) but general user numbers are dropping.

I'm interested in seeing facts. At the moment there might be a small decline but not as huge as some think. I have not seen any evidence of this.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm interested in seeing facts. At the moment there might be a small decline but not as huge as some think. I have not seen any evidence of this.

Then you've not been looking. Try looking at the number of people competing in arena, it's been dropping steadily for some time now.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    Sowe
    Blue Picard will now be an honor exclusive for 200,000

Just make sure you have enough honour to FTM

But how would I get the Bortas?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

You havn t? I did.

Years ago(First and second year of the game) 140,000 players were ranked
    in admirals division, now we are down to 39k only.
    And the number is decreasing ongoing, since then.

74u8q8e19qkt.jpeg

If that isn t any proof to you(especially with the ongoing Midweek Events that require Arena Ship battles), then i don t know. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Yeah, apart from doing the daily, the only reason I do arena if I have the ship already maxed is less chrons spent on ship battles for dailies & more schematics for replicating

It's fery understandable why people would skip it
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

Then you've not been looking. Try looking at the number of people competing in arena, it's been dropping steadily for some time now.

If you are talking about years, yeah. But if you mean the last months, no.
    Also, what is steadily? Every month 10?

You havn t? I did.

Years ago(First and second year of the game) 140,000 players were ranked
    in admirals division, now we are down to 39k only.
    And the number is decreasing ongoing, since then.

74u8q8e19qkt.jpeg

If that isn t any proof to you(especially with the ongoing Midweek Events that require Arena Ship battles), then i don t know. 🤗

There is a difference in years or months 🤗

There isn't a huge decline in recent numbers.
    I'm going to track it for you guys :smile:
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks pete. While i did not chime in expecting to change anyones opinion, i appreciate that you were ruffled up enough by my comment that you will start to track this for yourself, and see the end results.

For clarity, what would you consider to be a huge, or at leadt concerning decline? 5% per month? More, less?

I only ask because the word huge can be vague. For example, a childs shoe might seem huge when compared to an ant, but it might seem marginally bigger than a pack of cigarettes.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    One quick note. Spock is a Lieutenant, not a Lieutenant Commander on SNW......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    One quick note. Spock is a Lieutenant, not a Lieutenant Commander on SNW......

Yeah, I pointed it out when they first announced him in the event release and he's still got a field promotion. Maybe, if he gets promoted for real, it will get fixed.🤔
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per Spock's uniform the rank is Lt. Commander, I am referring to the stripes on the sleeves.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spock is, in fact, a Lt Commander on SNW.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Shan wrote: »
    As per Spock's uniform the rank is Lt. Commander, I am referring to the stripes on the sleeves.
    EnderW wrote: »
    Spock is, in fact, a Lt Commander on SNW.

And yet they never address him as such and he clearly has the one wide and one narrow stripe of a lieutenant. Here's a link to the costumes and data cards from the show on display at an event.
    https://trekmovie.com/2022/02/28/get-a-closer-look-at-the-star-trek-strange-new-worlds-starfleet-uniforms/
    Oh, and this is a shot of the captions from Pike introducing Spock in a diplomatic scenario from today's episode.
    g1as15241e63.jpg
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since Disco, he has been addressed as, referred to, and introduced as "Lieutenant Spock". I Lieutenant Commander is often referred to as "Commander", but NEVER as "Lieutenant". Calling a Lieutenant Commander "Lieutenant" is actually disrespectful to their rank and the effort and training they put into obtaining it, because Lieutenant is a lower rank than Lieutenant Commander.

If he was promoted off-screen, then the show people need to start getting the dialog right.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Exactly, @DScottHewitt
    I would totally cringe at a LCdr being called "Lieutenant". My dad was an AF officer (pilot) in Vietnam and I've been fascinated by military uniforms longer than I have Star Trek.
    Honestly, the only time, I think, that we can rightly call Spock a lieutenant commander is him from "The Cage", after he had the years in to be at the top of the lieutenant grades, but before he was promoted to commander and made first officer.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly, @DScottHewitt
    I would totally cringe at a LCdr being called "Lieutenant". My dad was an AF officer (pilot) in Vietnam and I've been fascinated by military uniforms longer than I have Star Trek.
    Honestly, the only time, I think, that we can rightly call Spock a lieutenant commander is him from "The Cage", after he had the years in to be at the top of the lieutenant grades, but before he was promoted to commander and made first officer.

SNW takes place after The Cage. The SNW pilot references DIS season 2 and clearly is after it. And DIS season 2 had Spock returning to Talos and interacting with Vina after the events of The Cage.
  • Options
    Oops. The prequels and Short Treks are muddling the timeline in my head, plus I haven't been able to get into Disco, so I'm still loitering around the end of S1. So there's no LCdr Spock available onscreen yet. I will have to tinker with my chronological watch order list about where "The Cage" belongs.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks pete. While i did not chime in expecting to change anyones opinion, i appreciate that you were ruffled up enough by my comment that you will start to track this for yourself, and see the end results.

For clarity, what would you consider to be a huge, or at leadt concerning decline? 5% per month? More, less?

I only ask because the word huge can be vague. For example, a childs shoe might seem huge when compared to an ant, but it might seem marginally bigger than a pack of cigarettes.

5% in one month would be huge imo but not in a year.
  • Options

It's worth remembering the episode in lower decks where they parodied this with Jet and the sweet corn.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9207542/goofs/
  • Options

As a former Navy man, I'm trying really hard to ignore all this confusion with ranks and insignias and just enjoy the show.

But it is difficult...
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    I think what happened is they miscounted the stripes from the bottom up when trying to match the TOS era. Ensigns had blank sleeves. They use this for cadets on SNW. I think they wanted a half for an ensign, whole for a lt jg, one and a half for a lieutenant, et c, but it didn't jive on the top end, which they had pretty established. I'm waiting for them to fix it.
  • Options
    Is Tryla Scott’s Larvae Dinner not showing up for anyone else?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    It's just black