Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion: Skirmish Event Blight - ME#1 - 2022-06-02

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    9kaxzd8uva6w.png

WHAT? I have to spend like 7k chronitons to hold a close enough rank (and that's because I'm not aiming high), just because someone decided god knows why to extend the event 24hs, and 500 sorrytons are supposed to help?
  • Options
    Well, this is quite the spectacular Spocktacle. These improved rewards - or lack thereof - are a worse compromise than sending everyone a free Mirror Picard.

I would take him 🤷

During the final event of his mega, DB borked an event (it ended early), and instead of giving away an extra copy of the event character, gave away a Mirror Picard after everyone largely had already cited him. It wasn't appropriate compensation for the outage, much as this isn't.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/30864#Comment_30864

History is doomed to repeat itself, it seems.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Heres my starement:

The event glitched out.

We get an email saying its fixed, take these free trinkets, AND WE WILL EXPAND THE RANK TIERS, event extended for 24 hours more details will follow

24 hours later, more details say we wont expand reward tiers, instead we are just moving the brackets down, because you are dumb and wont notice

And heres the best part, this game basically boils down to a conveyor belt of events, and those events are so fun that when they extended this one by 24 hours, everyone jumped for joy!!!!

Time for a new game.

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, this is quite the spectacular Spocktacle. These improved rewards - or lack thereof - are a worse compromise than sending everyone a free Mirror Picard.

I would take him 🤷

During the final event of his mega, DB borked an event (it ended early), and instead of giving away an extra copy of the event character, gave away a Mirror Picard after everyone largely had already cited him. It wasn't appropriate compensation for the outage, much as this isn't.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/30864#Comment_30864

History is doomed to repeat itself, it seems.
    I remember that, is the reason I don't cite the Mega card until like a month after the mega event ends
  • Options
    Now 1250 chrons tomorrow 😂
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now 1250 chrons tomorrow 😂
    That's in the forum, 500 according to the in game mail

THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT
  • Options
    500 was in forum as well, now edited
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »
    I'm confused.
    Nobody has time to play but everyone will drop a lot of ranks.
    Or is it coincidence that just all the players on the forum can't play?

You should change your name to provocateur. I have yet to see you do anyyhing other than try and stir up the pot.
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    I calculated my "loss". If skirmish would finished when it supposed to finish, I would had rank 43 (under 50). Now I have rank 45. With this extra day I will probably finish between 50-75 -> rewards will be the same with the latest updates.

It is not the end of the world :)🖖
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

You should change your name to provocateur. I have yet to see you do anyyhing other than try and stir up the pot.
    He just keeps going with that kind of thing, it's been a while now. Just ignore it like everyone else.
  • Options
    Sonja wrote: »
    I calculated my "loss". If skirmish would finished when it supposed to finish, I would had rank 43 (under 50). Now I have rank 45. With this extra day I will probably finish between 50-75 -> rewards will be the same with the latest updates.

It is not the end of the world :)

Are you the one who made the changes? 😬
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    1250 sorrytons don't help at all neither.

I don't think there is a way to fix this, and the worst part (for the game, not me) is, this is screwing over the people that can't play much outside of the weekend... Usually adults with jobs, the kind of people that can support the game with money.
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭

It is not the end of the world :)

Are you the one who made the changes? 😬

No. I am the one who wants to be positive and to move forward. Technical issues can happen. I do not think it was on purpose. We lost 4 hours. It is good that they suceeded to fix it and the game is back to us with the latest two good voyagers: Spock & Pike :), event rewards modified and tomorrow we will receive extra compensation 1250 chrons & other things.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

You are only dropping 30 spots in 24 hs with 15k intel? Nice.
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »

The difference between rank 45 and rank 70 is 700k points ~ 10.5k chrons. The difference between rank 40 and rank 45 is 217k points ~ 3255 chrons// rank 45 and rank 50 the difference is 190k points ~ 2850 chrons
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭

The difference between rank 45 and rank 70 is 700k points ~ 10.5k chrons. The difference between rank 40 and rank 45 is 217k points ~ 3255 chrons// rank 45 and rank 50 the difference is 190k points ~ 2850 chrons
    What really matters is the difference between rank #50 6 hours ago, and rank #75 17 hours from now. That's the amount of VP needed to compensate for the extension
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭

That is right now. I've already dropped more than 20 places so I am out of the top 100. Why should I have to spend extra chrons?
    I don't care for the galaxy event but to many others, 10.5K chrons will go a looong way
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused.

Yeah, I try and stir up the pot.
    Trying to make people widen their view then themselves.
    Trying to bring more logic and sense.
    (FYI, the amount of people has gone up since I'm keeping record. Yeah I'm surprised too)

If I see people making bad or false statements or arguments , I can't stop my urges to step in.
    I'm confused.

He just keeps going with that kind of thing, it's been a while now. Just ignore it like everyone else.

You can ignore it but it doesn't make it go away.
    800 players in total will get an extra Spock. 500 come from the 1501-2000 bracket and 250 from the 751-1000 bracket.
    This means that 50 players in top 750 will get an extra Spock (6.6% of the top 750 players), while all 750 players will have to spend huge amounts of chronitons and time because of the 24h event extension.

It's the player base that is pushing each other in spending huge amounts.
    You can see this every week at the top 100 at the amount of hours that is needed to get there.
    Kim-Novak wrote: »

That is right now. I've already dropped more than 20 places so I am out of the top 100. Why should I have to spend extra chrons?
    I don't care for the galaxy event but to many others, 10.5K chrons will go a looong way

Others would have dropped if it was not extended or not made their goals. How would you have fixed that? Give everyone rank 1 rewards?
  • Options
    SonjaSonja ✭✭✭

What really matters is the difference between rank #50 6 hours ago, and rank #75 17 hours from now. That's the amount of VP needed to compensate for the extension

We will see when event ends.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    I would like to gather feedback from willing players, about each event type and gather your thoughts about the impact of potential outages.

Let's start from the fact that no event should ever be extended. Now that you did it (for the last time!), you should think about a compensation for the outage and then for a big compensation for the big screw up with extending the event. Several solutions were offered on the forums, but absolutely none was as bad as the one that you came up with. Not for a single moment did you think about the player base, but only about how to convert your own screw up into something generating profit. Let's hope that the player base won't swallow this new WRG arrogance.

When the event finishes, I will ticket and ask for another copy of Spock, because that's what it was suggested when the brackets were supposed to be moved down. You move it down by a legendary level, not by one lousy tier. And then you think about a big compensation for top 3.

Giving one copy of Spock would not be enough for some players to compensate.
    How can someone judge for someone else what would be enough to compensate?

You can calculate how much someone would be able to gain (chrons, honor, credits, etc) in those 4-5 hours it was down and then give it to every player and one copy of Spock would be much better.
    But then comes the question, do you think it is fair?
  • Options
    Iknamur_ wrote: »
    I would like to gather feedback from willing players, about each event type and gather your thoughts about the impact of potential outages.

Let's start from the fact that no event should ever be extended. Now that you did it (for the last time!), you should think about a compensation for the outage and then for a big compensation for the big screw up with extending the event. Several solutions were offered on the forums, but absolutely none was as bad as the one that you came up with. Not for a single moment did you think about the player base, but only about how to convert your own screw up into something generating profit. Let's hope that the player base won't swallow this new WRG arrogance.

When the event finishes, I will ticket and ask for another copy of Spock, because that's what it was suggested when the brackets were supposed to be moved down. You move it down by a legendary level, not by one lousy tier. And then you think about a big compensation for top 3.

Giving one copy of Spock would not be enough for some players to compensate.
    How can someone judge for someone else what would be enough to compensate?

You can calculate how much someone would be able to gain (chrons, honor, credits, etc) in those 4-5 hours it was down and then give it to every player and one copy of Spock would be much better.
    But then comes the question, do you think it is fair?

If you raise everyones vp point level by the same amount, then no ones rank would change. Only their point totalz.

Best decision would be for them to say “we botched the event, everyone gets their earned ranked rewards, plus in addition they get the rank 1 rewards. People in ranks 1-10 get legendary cites. Sorry. Please keep playing”

That way, the owners get a little sting for screwing up, an the players grt a nice package. Thats how you do it.

Do you think 1250 chrons, 10 battle tickets and 100 dilithium hurts the owners wallets? Its all pixels. And they own the printing press.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magpie wrote: »
    Shan, you've got to get a players advisory board or something to help in these moments. You've absolutely killed morale with this decision. You've crippled a number of your top players who plan carefully for events and have to work on Mondays. Please at least rethink the reward structure and listen to those who play a lot.

Due to time and technology constraints, such a board would not necessarily be that helpful.
    However, I would like to gather feedback from willing players, about each event type and gather your thoughts about the impact of potential outages.

There will always be imperfections but we can definitely try to get a better picture for better measures, when they are needed.
    For starters, this event was corrupted by the time extension, and the only way to solve this is to take the snapshot suggestion, and give rewards based on the original end time (and then additional rewards, whatever, but the original rules must be respected)

Generally Skirmish and Galaxy events are not based on timings (you can finish the events in a couple of hours at any time during the event if you want), so a couple of hours of shortage shouldn't be a huge issue to solve, some chronitons should be mostly ok.

Factions events are different in that timing is crucial, so downtime even for a short time could be crucial, harming some players while not affecting others (downtime being when someone needs to resend shuttles). But changing the event for everyone is not a solution.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    If you raise everyones vp point level by the same amount, then no ones rank would change. Only their point totalz.

Best decision would be for them to say “we botched the event, everyone gets their earned ranked rewards, plus in addition they get the rank 1 rewards. People in ranks 1-10 get legendary cites. Sorry. Please keep playing”

That way, the owners get a little sting for screwing up, an the players grt a nice package. Thats how you do it.

Do you think 1250 chrons, 10 battle tickets and 100 dilithium hurts the owners wallets? Its all pixels. And they own the printing press.

That's not fair. Because during the outage some people would be able to gain more VP points then others and go up several ranks.
    In 4-5 hours you can gain much more then what they are giving as compensation atm.
    For starters, this event was corrupted by the time extension, and the only way to solve this is to take the snapshot suggestion, and give rewards based on the original end time (and then additional rewards, whatever, but the original rules must be respected)

Generally Skirmish and Galaxy events are not based on timings (you can finish the events in a couple of hours at any time during the event if you want), so a couple of hours of shortage shouldn't be a huge issue to solve, some chronitons should be mostly ok.

Factions events are different in that timing is crucial, so downtime even for a short time could be crucial, harming some players while not affecting others (downtime being when someone needs to resend shuttles). But changing the event for everyone is not a solution.

Same as above, not fair at all. People that wanted to burn intel in those 4 and 5 hours could have gone up a lot of ranks and gained a lot of chrons, credits, honor, etc.