Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Folks, could you please report bugs in Engineering Room, thank you!
    I took note of the trait row issue.

Shan,

Will the new compensation pack tomorrow "Stack" with the current one in the Portal or do people need to collect the first one tonight?
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    New arrangement certainly helped us. We've knocked out Normal and are debating Hard.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    New arrangement certainly helped us. We've knocked out Normal and are debating Hard.

There's nothing to debate. Hard is a hell of a lot easier than normal.

So we're seeing. Less than 16m to go and 13+hrs to do it. I think we'll probably make it, but we likely won't push on to Brutal quite yet.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

So we're seeing. Less than 16m to go and 13+hrs to do it. I think we'll probably make it, but we likely won't push on to Brutal quite yet.

If you haven't used any of the valor packs yet, I'd say use the valor packs to get past Brutal. Then see how Nightmare is. In general Hard and Nightmare are easier than Normal and Brutal because you get the higher level ship/crew with the lower level boss at that ship level.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

If you haven't used any of the valor packs yet, I'd say use the valor packs to get past Brutal. Then see how Nightmare is. In general Hard and Nightmare are easier than Normal and Brutal because you get the higher level ship/crew with the lower level boss at that ship level.
    I agree that Hard is easier than Normal and Easy, considering available cerw and ships, but for Nightmare, considering the hull increase you have to do about triple the damage than Brutal to keep up (normally, I do double, with the 5* ships and crew), and the pool of possible crew to solve combo chains is huge, almost double than Brutal/Hard. You need a big collection of legendaries (while a semi complete of SRs is not that hard to achieve)
  • Options
    Lol! Us beating Brutal even with the Valor packs right now...A lot of my fleet lack a good maxed 4* ship. One, I know, didn't even have a 3* ship maxed. We're not there yet, but we will be. Thanks for the vote of confidence though. :D
  • Options
    Chief Eud{DD}rickChief Eud{DD}rick ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2022
    So I see that one of the buffs is a 'Reflection' bonus. Has it been verified that this works now, as ships with that ability didn't before the upgrade. 873qlfkx2f1o.png
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    Making a player ineligible from clearing additional nodes on a chain after clearing one node on that chain is causing issues for smaller fleets. This is a roadblock that should be removed.

Was super hopeful that the Update fixed that, but alas, no.

• Options
    Also is it explained anywhere how the new buffs work? And why we can only reroll on node rows that have been completed already?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I wouldn’t definitively say that Brutal is harder than Nightmare. It kinda depends on what ships and crew you have. It’s possible to succeed in Brutal with some very common crew. Both take a decent amount of work unlike Hard which is a loot piñata.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Also is it explained anywhere how the new buffs work? And why we can only reroll on node rows that have been completed already?

The Buff is not unlocked until all the Nodes on that row are done.
  • Options
    It froze on me at the VS screen.
    This was after it took twenty minutes, four attempts, a device restart, and five minutes of loading to get in. Missed my chronitons by four minutes.
    There are definitely problems with the server connection and have been for a while now. Voyages out of sync. Lagging when claiming Shuttles. Freezing when you claim stuff from your inbox. Now, this. It's getting ridiculous.
  • Options
    It froze on me at the VS screen.
    This was after it took twenty minutes, four attempts, a device restart, and five minutes of loading to get in. Missed my chronitons by four minutes.
    There are definitely problems with the server connection and have been for a while now. Voyages out of sync. Lagging when claiming Shuttles. Freezing when you claim stuff from your inbox. Now, this. It's getting ridiculous.

Last battle I did hung up on the Vs screen and just as I was about to refresh, it suddenly started. Maybe hung up for like 20 seconds. Feels like the fix did not fix.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a list, announcement, something with a breakdown of the new buffs, types/effects, reroll costs, etc?
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    Is there a list, announcement, something with a breakdown of the new buffs, types/effects, reroll costs, etc?

Yeah that would be helpful
  • Options
    @Shan requesting a clarification - do we need to have to find a specific character with the matching traits (2 characters with matching traits, only one will unlock the slot) or do we just need to find any character with the matching traits (2 characters with matching traits, any of them will unlock the slot)?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Denniss wrote: »
    @Shan requesting a clarification - do we need to have to find a specific character with the matching traits (2 characters with matching traits, only one will unlock the slot) or do we just need to find any character with the matching traits (2 characters with matching traits, any of them will unlock the slot)?

Unlocking nodes is based on traits, not on specific crew.
    Depending on the trait combination it could be there is only one crew that qualifies.
    But if multiple crew all have qualifying traits, any of them are eligible to unlock the node.
  • Options
    [TFC] dee wrote: »
    Shan, on the list of future updates, is there a request to only allow Admiral and Officers to start Boss Battles?

God, yes please. We have FOUR going...no where.
  • Options
    Shan, on the list of future updates, is there a request to only allow Admiral and Officers to start Boss Battles?

God, yes please. We have FOUR going...no where.

Our Fleet is clearing Nightmare a couple of times a day. And someone is still opening the 2* Battle. Whoever you are, we got you. All you need to do is one point of Damage in Nightmare and you get the better Rewards!

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

I might have "mentioned" it one or twenty-three times ;)
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

I might have "mentioned" it one or twenty-three times ;)

:D
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

There is!

Thank you, Shan!!
  • Options
    It is unfortunate about Bilitrium. I know it's not something that is game wide yet but it will quickly be obvious to most that players at the level 13 divide will have to act in the best interest of themselves. Why waste 4-7 valor a day working on a boss that doesn't help them. And then when most are above 13, what are players to do, leave the fleet for one that can only do nightmare? SSR can manage it and we do 2 Ultra and 2 Nightmare rounds a day but it would be better to do 3-4 Ultra rounds instead.

Also it becomes a limiting factor when players cant leave fleets. I must be crazy, it seems obvious that attacking a harder boss shouldnt be a negative since you would think it should offer everything lower thresholds offer. Reminds me of the old days of events, you either could go for a purple reward or you go for the gold. You didn't get all the rewards above/below rank 1,000, it was one or the other. Luckily that eventually changed.

I find it to be a lack of understanding of their player base. Smaller fleets and those with newer players can't possibly kill the brutal boss, thus halting progress completely. After five plus years, I'm thinking of quitting the game.