Ivanstone wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Finally, the new levels are unlocked 😃👏

Have fun.

Only takes like ~ 18 months(UN Bosses at max rewards) to complete,
    if you do 1 UN Boss /day.
    All thx to the redicilious high amount of magnisite increase.

If all 6 boss battles are fought daily and you get max thresholds on each it will greatly reduce that time

It will not.

The most efficient way to farm magnesite is to alternate NM and UNM. A strong bridge will usually score max threshold rewards from NM with only 3 valour. Spending 3 valour in any lower event will get you much less magnesite.

Suppose I should have prefaced that by saying it costs 300 dilithium per day. Then yes it will

Why others ? Why not just another NM? I am still on Brutal. Yet to make NM.

The 300 dilithium per day includes one nightmare and two ultras daily. You can’t do another nightmare when the fleet doesn’t finish it in 24 hours because they are doing two ultras per day

Wow! Did not know that was 2 ultras.

If you time things right and have the buffs for nightmare and ultra you can max threshold one easy, one normal, 4 hard, one brutal, one nightmare, and two ultras each 24 hour period for 300 dilithium

There's no value in doing normal or easy ever. The ships are poor and the rewards are tiny. Hard and Brutal at least give good honour and the ships are decent. You're also looking at FBB as a daily task. It is not. Any valour spent is worth starting another NM early.

To you there’s not. To me it was about 750 honor per day. I don’t remember exactly anymore

Finally, spending 300 dil a day is something most people won’t do even if they’re inclined to spend money on the game.

Yeah, spending dilith on this is just like spending dilith in gauntlet - pointless
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, the new levels are unlocked 😃👏

Have fun.

Only takes like ~ 18 months(UN Bosses at max rewards) to complete,
    if you do 1 UN Boss /day.
    All thx to the redicilious high amount of magnisite increase.

If all 6 boss battles are fought daily and you get max thresholds on each it will greatly reduce that time

It will not.

The most efficient way to farm magnesite is to alternate NM and UNM. A strong bridge will usually score max threshold rewards from NM with only 3 valour. Spending 3 valour in any lower event will get you much less magnesite.

Suppose I should have prefaced that by saying it costs 300 dilithium per day. Then yes it will

Why others ? Why not just another NM? I am still on Brutal. Yet to make NM.

The 300 dilithium per day includes one nightmare and two ultras daily. You can’t do another nightmare when the fleet doesn’t finish it in 24 hours because they are doing two ultras per day

Wow! Did not know that was 2 ultras.

If you time things right and have the buffs for nightmare and ultra you can max threshold one easy, one normal, 4 hard, one brutal, one nightmare, and two ultras each 24 hour period for 300 dilithium

There's no value in doing normal or easy ever. The ships are poor and the rewards are tiny. Hard and Brutal at least give good honour and the ships are decent. You're also looking at FBB as a daily task. It is not. Any valour spent is worth starting another NM early.

To you there’s not. To me it was about 750 honor per day. I don’t remember exactly anymore

That 750 honour comes at the expense of doing other things. Furthermore, you said this was a more efficient means of farming magnesite. Honour and magnesite gains occur at different thresholds. You can get decent honour if you fail to clear thresholds. The same can not be said for magnesite.

Finally, spending 300 dil a day is something most people won’t do even if they’re inclined to spend money on the game.

I didn’t say efficient. I just said it was a means to accumulate extra

This is about as crazy logic as recommending the standard dilithium deals in the portal store when you have reached the limit on LTO purchases.

K, well I did it for months and was able to get a legendary citation every four days so it worked for me

Oh, so you did all of this on your own?

Thats interesting. It would seem to me that you might need to coordinate a strategy like this with a whole fleet, thats well established.

I apologize for not understanding that you found a way to singlehandedly earn a legendary cite every 4 days from fbb without any help at all.

Keep on spreading the good advice!

Coming up next on CBS: Battle of the Forum Guest Accounts! With special appearances by:

1. Lee Majors
    2. Gil Gerrard
    3. Frank Stallone
    4. Betty White
    5. Gary Coleman
    6. Abe Vigoda
    7. Gabe Kaplan
    8. Franco Harris
    9. and Lee Iacoca
    :D

I understood and laughed hard at that reference!!!!!

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    They were playing "Thank you for being a friend" when I was in TESCO's 😇😣

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why didn’t they change the ship from the Doomsday Machine to something else for levels 20-30?
  • Options
    Why didn’t they change the ship from the Doomsday Machine to something else for levels 20-30?

The plan was a new bridge with a new monster but they didn't have the development time when they had to do some platform required upgrades (per WRG, I'm just paraphrasing).
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote for the next Boss is the Crystalline Entity.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the testing required to make sure they have designed the Boss properly is being delayed.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I just battled and I finished the nodes, but the nodes on the last level reset.
    I was trying to see how the last one was solved (Which of my crew solved it with what traits) and it was playable again.

Is there now infinite node solving now on the last level??

Edit:
    I went ahead and solved the nodes. Either I was wrong and only did 3. Or, I got to do a fifth set, by repeating the fourth level with a new set of nodes. The thing is, before I did it, the display showed the 4th level solved and I also had the option to change the boost by spending dil.

Edit2:
    Finally , I was able to get to the 4th level of nodes again the level of damage shows that I solved a fifth node level above.
    Edit6 rewrote 2 and 3.
    (I had tried to get the nodes solved to 4th level twice before. Once I did not have the one crew to solve the last node on level 3. Another I made a trait mistake and again did not get past level3.)
    Edit3: changed by edit6.

Edit4: turns out I was looking at the wrong account when I thought I did not have the only crew that solved the node. I have her and solved it.
    I am now starting on the 5th node solving , because it does do damage.

Edit5: I believe the boost works too.
    vgxasr4n95uh.png
    gyd4br94zx8f.png
    ryw7yujewlr0.png
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    With the need switching to magnesite from individual rewards, giving people damage credit for clearing nodes is even more important now. One player can clear a bunch of nodes, not get good damage because they were targeting traits, and then lose magnesite because they didn't hit max rewards. And even if they use other valor to reach max individual rewards, that's valor they can't use on a second boss.

On UN where each combo is 500m damage, the player should earn 125m for each node(or 100m when it's 5 nodes). That incentives players to try nodes because now they can hit max damage with less valor. And even if they miss on their first attempt, they'll make up for it on future attacks when they do match a node.

Also since there is one more level of node damage. You can always hit 50% damage on Boss provided your fleet can clear all the nodes.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Have a real fun final node on Nightmare. Three possibilities to solve. All unique. Two have been tried. So far no one has the third. I put in for manual unlock.
    uun9irdolzrx.png
    Grebnedlog (Pakled + Thief) and Bagman Odo (Changling + Shapeshifter) didn't work. No has had the Orion Captain (Orion + Thief) to try.
    Edit- I put in for a manual unlock last night, but it still hasn't happened. We're getting 50% either way. I tagged it like we are supposed to, but nothing has happened yet and it's nearly over. @WRG Ben
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, will Bilitrium III ever be available outside of a 100% destroyed boss on Ultra-Nightmare? If not, our fleet will never go higher than level 13 and that part of the game is just dead to us.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I'm just on Level 12 and we've never unlocked Ultra. My fleet is growing and improving. I have hope we'll get there.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    You can save valor from mini event. But it could take a long time , as it will for me.
    Edit: I just reached level 12 yesterday, just starting batlle.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just had another case where someone in the fleet tried a crew, the game didn't give credit for matching the traits. Then hours later I tried the same crew when everything else was exhausted. Of course it worked that time. So we lost hours and who knows how much valor/damage because the game didn't record the attempt correctly. These bugs really need to be fixed.
  • Options
    We just had another case where someone in the fleet tried a crew, the game didn't give credit for matching the traits. Then hours later I tried the same crew when everything else was exhausted. Of course it worked that time. So we lost hours and who knows how much valor/damage because the game didn't record the attempt correctly. These bugs really need to be fixed.

There's a chance (I've experienced this before) where the crew being used was misreported (wrong variant tried) by the player and it was erroneously excluded. But could always have been a bug.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a chance (I've experienced this before) where the crew being used was misreported (wrong variant tried) by the player and it was erroneously excluded. But could always have been a bug.

I've had it happen where I was the same person who tried the crew multiple times, a couple hours apart. It didn't work the first time for me, then worked the second time for me.

I've also had it happen where I attacked a fresh set of nodes with 4 chosen crew, cleared none of them, attacked a second time with 4 other deliberately chosen crew, and then after the second attack a node popped with a crew that was only involved in my first attack about 5 minutes earlier. I know for sure it didn't clear that node after the first attack, since I was still able to see the nodes and search for crew for the second attack, which normally you can't do once you've hit a node.
  • Options
    The same bug affected my fleet too. multiple times actually.
    Crew member posted screenshot of crew he attacked and whether it worked or not. After clearing further nodes and eiliminating other option the only viable option left was one already tried.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

The crew in question was 1701 O'Brien. There are certainly crew variants that look similar enough that they can be confused. But I think O'Brien's TOS red shirt is distinct enough that it's unlikely the wrong crew was used here.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve seen a few times where I think the game does something weird. I resolve this by taking a few precautions:
    1 - Reset the game before an attempt.
    2 - Reset the game after an attempt. Report findings after reset.
    3 - Only spend 1 valour per combo chain. The fleet kills UNM roughly twice per day so only spending 4 valour per battle makes sense.

I usually don’t have too many problems with slow reporting.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Please have more boss battle events. The extra valor is about the only way we can beat ultra nightmare.
  • Options
    Admiral_CAdmiral_C ✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »

I've also had it happen where I attacked a fresh set of nodes with 4 chosen crew, cleared none of them, attacked a second time with 4 other deliberately chosen crew, and then after the second attack a node popped with a crew that was only involved in my first attack about 5 minutes earlier. I know for sure it didn't clear that node after the first attack, since I was still able to see the nodes and search for crew for the second attack, which normally you can't do once you've hit a node.

Yes, that is common.... My fleet typically does coordinated Boss battles on Discord, and it is a common (almost daily) occurrence that someone will make an attack with 4 agreed crew, and report immediately after is "All missed".... Someone else will then write "No, actually, you hit 2"... The the first person write.... "Ok, let me reboot".... Followed by "Yep... I see them now".

I am sure this conversation is not unique to my fleet... There is definitely a common refresh bug/issue.

This is in addition to the potential bug about some crew not working when it should on occasion (My fleet as only experienced this once, and we cannot says with 100% certainty that it was not a mistake in crew identity... We are only 75% sure we tried the right crew the first time). While there are enough reports going around that I suspect there is an underlying bug in this regard as well. I suspect it is quite rare, and that at least some of the reports are player errors instead.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Admiral_C wrote: »

Yes, that is common.... My fleet typically does coordinated Boss battles on Discord, and it is a common (almost daily) occurrence that someone will make an attack with 4 agreed crew, and report immediately after is "All missed".... Someone else will then write "No, actually, you hit 2"... The the first person write.... "Ok, let me reboot".... Followed by "Yep... I see them now".

I am sure this conversation is not unique to my fleet... There is definitely a common refresh bug/issue.

This is in addition to the potential bug about some crew not working when it should on occasion (My fleet as only experienced this once, and we cannot says with 100% certainty that it was not a mistake in crew identity... We are only 75% sure we tried the right crew the first time). While there are enough reports going around that I suspect there is an underlying bug in this regard as well. I suspect it is quite rare, and that at least some of the reports are player errors instead.

The CS response when I sent in my ticket said it was a "know issue that we are investigating".

I think there are two issues going on though. Maybe related, maybe not. One is a delayed response where it takes a couple minutes for crew to show up as succeeding, And the second where the crew never shows up and needs to be run again.
  • Options
    Admiral_C wrote: »

We had this happen just last night. Guy ran four, cleared one, and was reporting all failed. I told him Laborer Kirk took and he had to refresh.
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    It also happens the other way around, i.e. someone else has cleared nodes, but they don't show up as cleared for me. Sometimes I get on, the chat is empty (because it's buggy too), I run some crew, then it refreshes and it turns out we were on another chain entirely.
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    It also happens the other way around, i.e. someone else has cleared nodes, but they don't show up as cleared for me. Sometimes I get on, the chat is empty (because it's buggy too), I run some crew, then it refreshes and it turns out we were on another chain entirely.

Yep, have that happen too fairly often. We have had to sort out people running crew for different rows before. That's always confusing.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone gotten an "evasion" since the boss update? Before the update, it was not uncommon to have the boss miss, but since the update I have not seen it once. I do believe that during the boss roll out, Ben said evasion was pointless as the boss does not miss. I wonder if this is an "unannounced change" to made during the update or just bad luck on my part.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think maybe once on UNM in the past couple weeks. I generally assume the boss won’t miss on UNM since its accuracy is very high.

It’s easy to test on Hard since it’s possible to get higher Evasion than the bosses accuracy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Let admirals be able to lock boss battles, even from officers.