Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Hello there,

today it happens the second time in my second account during Ultra nighmare battle, that we were working on one Combo (it was the 4th row), there was only one Node to solve. Datacore could not display anything. Than a member of our fleet solved the node and boom: max Combos reached?
    The 5th row was not shown and 5 Captains are marked for completing a Combo. The last Time it was the 4th row, wich was not shown and marked as solved. This might be an issue on FBB UNM that you should look after.

With kind regards
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    I mentioned that there was a fifth row to solve above. Originally, there was only four. But, after an update, when I tried to see what crew solved the last set of combos, found that there was a fifth row.

If a fleet can solve all 5, they will get always get 50% damage of the Boss. This can almost always be done by a fleet of 3. Provided there is communication. I have a fleet of three captains. They are all my accounts. Thanks, to datacore I have been able to always solve all 5 now. I do think datacore may have some problems since the last portal update.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there,

today it happens the second time in my second account during Ultra nighmare battle, that we were working on one Combo (it was the 4th row), there was only one Node to solve. Datacore could not display anything. Than a member of our fleet solved the node and boom: max Combos reached?
    The 5th row was not shown and 5 Captains are marked for completing a Combo. The last Time it was the 4th row, wich was not shown and marked as solved. This might be an issue on FBB UNM that you should look after.

With kind regards

FBB has major issues getting out of sync between the client and server. Especially when you leave your client open in the background. I would wager you were already on the 5th chain and your client didn't show it. Then you got the update when it was completed and saw that you had jumped to all 5.
  • Options
    [TDE] Jones[TDE] Jones ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Hello there,

With kind regards

FBB has major issues getting out of sync between the client and server. Especially when you leave your client open in the background. I would wager you were already on the 5th chain and your client didn't show it. Then you got the update when it was completed and saw that you had jumped to all 5.

It was not only on my client, the entire fleet had this issue, and yes I restarted the client in between so that is not the problem. By the way : It was not the first time as I wrote.

snz6qtnt7ocb.jpg

This was the row, we were working on and it was the 4th and not the 5th row. so there must be a problem.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community

Any word on whether or not changes will be made to the Ultra-Nightmare reward structure? Right now to get Bilitrium III, you have to 100% the boss. So, it’s a bottleneck for many at Bridge Level 13.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    I'd like another step of personal rewards with more Magnesite as that quickly runs dry on higher bridge levels.
    As for Bil-III maybe install a reward step at ~90% damage with one Bil-III. That would help smaller fleets and those who just missed the 100% by some million damage points
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    90% would not help us. We typically do around 55% of ultra nightmare.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selene 7 wrote: »

50% would help a lot of the Fleets that are stuck, I imagine. That might be the "sweet spot" for most Fleets that are stuck.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Selene 7 wrote: »

Same here. We are no where near 90% on UN. Some B-III at 50% would be nice.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    To me, 50% is too low, because you get that by doing ONLY the chains... I think the threshold for some B-III which include also some damage (Otherwise, fleets could just full farm damage on lower bosses and only do chains on Ultra, which to me feels like a bad incentive.)

I also think 90% is too high... Most fleets who can get to 90% even semi regularly, can probably push to 100% with just a bit better planning... Many fleets (especially smaller or newer ones) however, even with quite a bit of activity and planning, never get close to 90%.

What is a reasonable compromise? I dont really know... Maybe 75%, but I suspect that is still too high for a lot of fleets... Maybe 60 or 65%... Something in that range "feels" right to me, but that is not based on any math or analysisi.

• Options
    edited August 2023
    My setup for both NM & UNM runs when not Node solving. Level Ten Arty. Averages 25-30 Million Points per run, without any boosts from Nodes. If you did not get Battle Bev, Dread Pirate Q is also a Boarding-Trigger Sledgehammer, and can now be retrieved. If your Bridge Level is not close to getting Chancy Kirk, TACO 🌮 Mayweather can be retrieved and substituted.

This was NM, no Bonuses during Thorsday. {All Hammer time}

323ix9lvnggs.png
    bvq5v4d7imoj.png

If your Arty is below Level Nine or Ten try a Sledgehammer and three Healers......

vd1yorlqcvyf.png

Might help some Fleets start getting some needed materials.

New Bosses are up for us.

Three runs to max out UNM score:

rfw76evgqgt2.png

qn5c8eefqqg0.png
    knd8jbni7wdd.png
    3ni1w48gnvy1.png

One run almost half-way maxed NM:

lh470ydra1ao.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Admiral_C wrote: »
    To me, 50% is too low, because you get that by doing ONLY the chains... I think the threshold for some B-III which include also some damage (Otherwise, fleets could just full farm damage on lower bosses and only do chains on Ultra, which to me feels like a bad incentive.)

I also think 90% is too high... Most fleets who can get to 90% even semi regularly, can probably push to 100% with just a bit better planning... Many fleets (especially smaller or newer ones) however, even with quite a bit of activity and planning, never get close to 90%.

What is a reasonable compromise? I dont really know... Maybe 75%, but I suspect that is still too high for a lot of fleets... Maybe 60 or 65%... Something in that range "feels" right to me, but that is not based on any math or analysisi.

There are a lot fleets out there who do not possess the necessary fleet members or diverse crew to hit all those chains. I went with 50% because that was the change previously made at NM level to obtain Bilitrium II. I would hope UNM would have a similar reward structure. However, we won’t know until a decision is actually made, which could be awhile or never. Many of us will just continue to be at bridge level 13. 🖖 LLAP

• Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Admiral_C wrote: »

There are a lot fleets out there who do not possess the necessary fleet members or diverse crew to hit all those chains. I went with 50% because that was the change previously made at NM level to obtain Bilitrium II. I would hope UNM would have a similar reward structure. However, we won’t know until a decision is actually made, which could be awhile or never. Many of us will just continue to be at bridge level 13. 🖖 LLAP

Chiming in @STT, TrialNeverEnds [STARFLEET!] & my fleet would LOVE an UNM reward structure change adding even 1 Bilitrium3 to 50/75% ... on the grind side, even adding 1 to 50% will still take almost a year to max CBridges to 30 (even if we could 50% 1 UNM/day x 20 Bil3/CB x 17 (CB30-CB13) = 340 days) ... just under a year! FWIW, I'll change my ONE STAR REVIEW back to 5 STARS & sing your praises on the review! Not saying I'll start spending again, but I am VIP14+ ... just saying ... LL&P
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    FEEDBACK: Now that we are many months into this new FBB Battle Bridge upgrade format I have to say it is starting to feel pointless.

When it was first introduced the bottleneck item was Bilitrium III, the most rare of all the upgrade items. We had to work to advance our bridges to get strong enough to take on UNM to farm that item in large enough quantities to buy an upgrade to our Battle Bridges. It was work but it made sense.

Now we are doing the opposite, everyone in my fleet has dozens and dozens of all three Bilitrium grades but now the Battle Bridge upgrades require thousands of Magnesite, the least rare upgrade item. We farm this stuff 24/7 for days to buy a single upgrade before jumping right back in to the endless grind.

Before we were working to upgrade from a hooptie to a Ferrari on an raceway that was always requiring us to go just a little bit faster. Now we have our fancy Ferraris and we are working harder than ever to put a new sticker on the window that doesn't help the car's performance in a meaningful way because the racetrack has been replaced with farmland and the upgrades we are putting on our supercars do not help us plow the endless fields.

Exactly right.

Bilitrium going from the bottleneck at Bridge Level 13 to the "surplus" component for 21-30 Bridge Levels just feels like someone forgot the 6 Ps yet again.....

edi6vxwoob96.png
  • Options
    The biggest issue with the transition is it went from prioritizing boss destruction to prioritizing individual damage. All the while ignoring that solving traits hurts individual damage with no personal reward for it. People can ignore traits, hit personal damage, and then move on to a different boss.

People need to either get damage credit for node solving, or earn individual rewards for the nodes to make up for what they're missing by using valor on nodes.

Very well said. Our Fleet does mostly constant "Hammer Time ⚒️⏲️" unless someone says "Hey, I actually need some Bilitrium."
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest issue with the transition is it went from prioritizing boss destruction to prioritizing individual damage. All the while ignoring that solving traits hurts individual damage with no personal reward for it. People can ignore traits, hit personal damage, and then move on to a different boss.

People need to either get damage credit for node solving, or earn individual rewards for the nodes to make up for what they're missing by using valor on nodes.

Its not that simple. If you're not destroying the boss efficiently that means you're still losing out on a lot of magnesite. You're not killing the boss efficiently without node solving.

On top of that you can still do node solving and damage at the same time. I typically run either repair/damage/node/node (10-12M damage) or repair/repair/damage/node (20+M damage). My ideal boss kill is 3 valour/3 nodes/70M damage. I don't often get that but its a pretty obtainable target.

If you're running the 4 node solving clown car, stop doing that. Its ok to let your fleet do some work. Leave easy solutions to other people.

I do agree on the personal reward part of node solving though. Some people need the carrot.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Its not that simple. If you're not destroying the boss efficiently that means you're still losing out on a lot of magnesite. You're not killing the boss efficiently without node solving.

On top of that you can still do node solving and damage at the same time. I typically run either repair/damage/node/node (10-12M damage) or repair/repair/damage/node (20+M damage). My ideal boss kill is 3 valour/3 nodes/70M damage. I don't often get that but its a pretty obtainable target.

If you're running the 4 node solving clown car, stop doing that. Its ok to let your fleet do some work. Leave easy solutions to other people.

I do agree on the personal reward part of node solving though. Some people need the carrot.

@Ivanstone, I just wanted to say TY for a different & logical viewpoint on FBB node solving since I'd have died on the 'clown car' hill since FBB started & my peeps [STARFLEET!] finally got to UNM & a lot of us are stuck on CB13; I had seen other peeps say this but couldn't figure out why you wouldn't want to solve as many nodes as possible per Valor, & I think it's because I can't get anymore Magnesite than 32767!

On a @STT Community wake-up note, I keep deleting my 5* review & resubmitting it at 1*, I also have NOT spend $$ in a while (although since I'm VIP14+ maybe STT thinks they have enough of my $$) ... "do you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men?"! LesMiz has a point ... TrialNeverEnds [STARFLEET!]
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

vjmfbobkqwzt.jpg
    :D
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    JoeSage 2 wrote: »

@Ivanstone, I just wanted to say TY for a different & logical viewpoint on FBB node solving since I'd have died on the 'clown car' hill since FBB started & my peeps [STARFLEET!] finally got to UNM & a lot of us are stuck on CB13; I had seen other peeps say this but couldn't figure out why you wouldn't want to solve as many nodes as possible per Valor, & I think it's because I can;t get anymore Magnesite than 32767!

There's a part of me that want's to hit that 5 node solve but it requires a lot of luck and no one else paying attention to the game so I don't bother. There's also people out there who like solving nodes. If you're one of those people, load up the clown car.

There's a lot of flaws with FBB. I don't think the damage vs node solve is one of them.

If I had to pick any other solutions for FBB it would be:
    Out of game resources are an absolute requirement for it be run efficiently. Which is silly.
    Overhaul a bunch of ship at all levels. Yeah the Constellation is decent (and free) but the Artifact still wins. Adding new ships that do nothing is not helpful.
    Allow extensions. Not killing UNM once a day is enough punishment by itself. No need to layer on the problems.
    Change the valour cap to 8. Having your valour timer reset because you bought some valour is annoying.
    There's probably a bunch of other stuff but its lunch time.

Edit:
    I want to add a critique of a recent ship release to highlight some of the problems with ship design.

The Shrike.
    This ship has relatively low inherent DPS and average hull/shields. It has good shield regen but no inherent shield repair. Most shield repair crew add relatively little to the game besides the occasional node solving wizard like Injured Torres. It has no defensive features.

Its activated abilities are pretty beefy. This would be good but they have slow initialization. This limits its use in skirmish or arena. It will slow your victory gains in the former and will get you killed in the latter.

Its Position trigger has an 18s cycle. There are some decent crew that can work with this the meanest of which is LtC Mitchell. He’s pretty mean but he’s worse than Vox, Demo or TPringSpock who are triggerless. Meanwhile neither Vadic works well with her own ship which is weird as hell.

It’s a new ship that seems to have no real use in game not even as a gimmick. Compare it to the Cerritos. The Cerritos is another weak ship but it at least has one trick: Bonkers Shield Regen. Given enough cooldown reduction it’s effectively invulnerable. Its inherent shield regen will trigger after every boss attack and regen roughly 170k shields every 10 seconds. Not enough to survive UNM but any amount of HDR or CDR helps mitigate this problem.

I can’t really expect every ship to be a monster but every once in awhile there should be one worth chasing.
  • Options
    @Bylo Band Greetings Captain! We hear what you are saying and will pass a note to the rest of the team and see if there is a possibility to fix issues like this for players in any way. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

@AviTrek Greetings to you too Captain! We see that prioritizing boss destruction to prioritizing individual damage is an issue that s affecting the game experience of quite some of our intergalactic crew. Will pass a note to the team as well and see what can be adjusted in that matter. LLAP

@JoeSage 2 Greetings Captain, we try our best when attempting to deliver an optimal game experience for all of you. Again all feedback is always welcome, thank you LLAP

@Ivanstone Thank you for the feedback Captain! More things are yet to come for all of you! LLAP
  • Options
    @Bylo Band Greetings Captain! We hear what you are saying and will pass a note to the rest of the team and see if there is a possibility to fix issues like this for players in any way. Thank you for your understanding, LLAP

@AviTrek Greetings to you too Captain! We see that prioritizing boss destruction to prioritizing individual damage is an issue that s affecting the game experience of quite some of our intergalactic crew. Will pass a note to the team as well and see what can be adjusted in that matter. LLAP

@JoeSage 2 Greetings Captain, we try our best when attempting to deliver an optimal game experience for all of you. Again all feedback is always welcome, thank you LLAP

@Ivanstone Thank you for the feedback Captain! More things are yet to come for all of you! LLAP

Yea, got an @STT_Community quote (wait is that a GOOD thing?)! FYI, I changed my Google Review back to 5*s ... still not spending anymore $$!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭

I normally run the 4 node car. The other day I cleared three consecutive combos on ultra, 15 nodes, between my two accounts.

My fleet then cleared the other two combos, and did the same for nightmare. When I finished work in the evening, I had enough valor to do my damage runs on both.

I normally aim to do about 2 or three node runs per day, per account, and use the rest of my valor for damage.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed a lack of duplicate traits at the bottom of the screen in the last couple days, or is it just bad luck in my fleet's traits?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Has anyone else noticed a lack of duplicate traits at the bottom of the screen in the last couple days, or is it just bad luck in my fleet's traits?

Let me look. I might have a screenshot. Saw two of something yesterday, I think.

EDIT: Two "Romantic"

p42xg9x4hpab.png
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

From out Fleet’s current UNM Boss:
    **Node 1 (Exobiology, ?, ?)**
    - Mirror McCoy, Mirror Spock (Human 2, Terran Empire)

**Node 2 (Federation, ?, ?)**
    LOTS (Hero, Human 1)
    - Mintakan Troi, Profiteer Vash (Human 1, Merchant)

**Node 3 (Desperate, ?, ?)**
    - Niners Rom, Tuxedo Nog (Ferengi, Hero)
    - Martian Quark, Stranded Quark (Ferengi, Merchant)

**Node 4 (Federation, Geneticist, ?, ?)**
    - *Edward Larkin*, *Underwear Larkin* (Human 3, Starfleet 1)

And this was after it was trimmed. 5th node had a Starfleet duplicate.
  • Options

I'd send a ticket even for UNM or NM NODE 5, never hurts. Admiral TrialNeverEnds [STARFLEET!]
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    @STT Community @WRG Ben I find when the the Boss is destroyed, players actively engaged in a battle are shortchanged of points and the full use of valor used if they had continued fighting until the "clock" reaches zero. Three possible solutions
    1) Add a fixed amount of my points to the points accrued until the Boss is destroyed - should be fairly easy to implement
    2) Pro-rate/extrapolate the points accrued based on what have accumulated in that battle when the Boss was destroyed to when the timer would have reached zero
    3) Give the player the greater of the points of the last "full" battle participated in or the current battle when the Boss was destroyed.
    4) Probably easiest thing to implement would be to just award one valor although I would prefer points added and applied to the battle that just ended.
  • Options
    @Sulu's Husband Thank you for the constructive feedback! We definitely want to improve the Fleet boss battles. We will discuss all possible solutions or changes with the team, and when we have news regarding this matter we will inform you. Thanks again, LLAP.