Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, so we shouldn't be fighting over doing nightmare, when most of the fleet are on ultra.

dt76dmypbb3d.jpg
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet has members with Captains below level 60, and with bridge levels as low as 8, covering 16 timezones, and we're having none of these "issues" people are complaining about. We do NM and UNM all day everyday victoriously, and still have 4 spaces available. Umbra Guard is happy to have those not happy with their current situation.....

Good for your Fleet. Others obviously are having issues. You cannot judge the whole world by your neighborhood.

Their issues are most likely their own doing.....

Have a nice day.
    My fleet has members with Captains below level 60, and with bridge levels as low as 8, covering 16 timezones, and we're having none of these "issues" people are complaining about. We do NM and UNM all day everyday victoriously, and still have 4 spaces available. Umbra Guard is happy to have those not happy with their current situation.....

Good for your Fleet. Others obviously are having issues. You cannot judge the whole world by your neighborhood.

Have a nice day.

Ya gotta stop doing that Scott. It conveys the message that you admit you lost the argument

Or it conveys exactly what it means. My time is too important to argue with random Keyboard Kommandos on the internet. Obviously whoever "guest" is is either someone who wants to go "undercover" to troll without soiling their "good name" or someone working around a ban.

There are plenty of people online who love to argue. I'm sure he/she will find someone. It just won't be me.

<snorts milk through nose>

@~peregrine~ I believe it's clear that comments like these do not contribute to the conversation and are not related to the game or thread. The best way to stop off-topic conversations is to not feeding with them. Thanks

gjrl8njzgbv1.png
    Indeed. Consider me warned, and consider me gone. Nice work, Nancy, but you seem a little bit tone-deaf. You might want to work on your contextual skills.

g5mz4zbaasye.gif
    (for the 28th time..... ;):p )

are you sure it’s not the 29th? :lol:

wp2snvhol5xo.jpeg

Oy. Touche, my friends. 🖖

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    FLEET BOSS BATTLES continue to be a good challenge for my small fleet. It is well thought out; the combos are a puzzle even those with weak ships and crew can solve and the Boss is definitely strong! It is the ultimate ship battle in the game: more difficult than an episode battle, more challenging and rewarding than an arena battle and harder than any skirmish battle. Would everyone agree? Then why do Fleet Boss Battles not count as a ship battle in the daily rewards?
    If I want to participate in a FBB, my ship must fly there just like an episode battle. I then engage the Boss with my own ship and crew just like a skirmish or arena battle. It is everything that a ship battle is in the Timelines universe and should count as a ship battle... because it is a ship battle. There is no logical argument against this.

Also, with many different resources used and gained through the Fleet Boss Battles, the potential for an interesting Midweek Objective Event is there. But the FLEET BOSS OFFENSIVE is quite lame. It is offensively lame. ;) There doesn't seem to be much thought put into this OE at all. All the other Midweek events require at least some kind of planning or charting to complete all 4 of the challenges in two days. But this one is not engaging to me at all and requires no strategy. I am neither challenged or inspired to do anything but the usual routine for valor and merit rewards. We all know a player does not reach 30 attacks without spending dilithium. All other objective events are attainable with a little bit of determination and some game skill. If 30 attacks could be attainable by completing the other 3 (potential) challenges, that would be a start. Yes, there is more to a Boss Battle that just combos and attacks.
    All kinds of rewards could make the FBO more interesting: schematics for reaching 50/75/100% damage (Easy to Ultra, 2*- 5* schematics respectively); some bilitrium for completing all objectives, personal damage tiers with tasty rewards (dilithium, honor, a schematic behold, possibly a type of token that gives a temporary boost to a ship trait or speeds up the recharge time for valor. These tokens could be saved indefinitely to be used at a time when one (or a group) could gang up on the Boss and finally get to the next level. But don't create another currency! haha Something like this would definitely be a help for smaller fleets like mine and would be something we could all rally around. LLAP

ps. Come to think of it, if Time Boosts could be applied to Boss Battle charge time and a Rewards Boost to a certain ship trait, that would achieve what I was thinking. Boosts could be the tokens, they tend to accumulate over time anyway. Then a player would need to determine when to burn boosts on shuttles and Faction events or Boss Battles and Offensives.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet is too small to make an impact on Nightmare beyond 50% consistently. I'm not leaving my fleet, but I'd like the chance to make progress. We are trying Brutal for people to catch up and working on our coordination for NM.
    Something needs done with chat. I can't get Discord to work for me on a Kindle, so in game it is. If the game company won't do something about chat, maybe the chat company will. To that end, I have left numerous complaints and bad reviews wherever I can on them and even filed a complaint with the BBB. Either they will be compelled to fix it on their end or they will go belly up and a change will have to be made. I no longer care which.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

Ya gotta stop doing that Scott. It conveys the message that you admit you lost the argument

Or it conveys exactly what it means. My time is too important to argue with random Keyboard Kommandos on the internet. Obviously whoever "guest" is is either someone who wants to go "undercover" to troll without soiling their "good name" or someone working around a ban.

There are plenty of people online who love to argue. I'm sure he/she will find someone. It just won't be me.

<snorts milk through nose>

@~peregrine~ I believe it's clear that comments like these do not contribute to the conversation and are not related to the game or thread. The best way to stop off-topic conversations is to not feeding with them. Thanks

gjrl8njzgbv1.png
    Indeed. Consider me warned, and consider me gone. Nice work, Nancy, but you seem a little bit tone-deaf. You might want to work on your contextual skills.

g5mz4zbaasye.gif
    (for the 28th time..... ;):p )

are you sure it’s not the 29th? :lol:

wp2snvhol5xo.jpeg

Oy. Touche, my friends. 🖖

don’t worry it’s all in fun :smile:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    My fleet is too small to make an impact on Nightmare beyond 50% consistently. I'm not leaving my fleet, but I'd like the chance to make progress. We are trying Brutal for people to catch up and working on our coordination for NM.
    Something needs done with chat. I can't get Discord to work for me on a Kindle, so in game it is. If the game company won't do something about chat, maybe the chat company will. To that end, I have left numerous complaints and bad reviews wherever I can on them and even filed a complaint with the BBB. Either they will be compelled to fix it on their end or they will go belly up and a change will have to be made. I no longer care which.

This is an interesting approach.
  • Options
    Well, we are dealing with two companies.
    One just doesn't want to deal with it at all. They ultimately aren't responsible for the chat software itself. Not really. They chose a bad product and are just telling people to use something else, if they don't like it. They are paying for bad software with OUR money and won't change.
    The one responsible for the software itself however... they can do something about it. Fix it or fail. So long as Timelines uses their product, they don't care. They get paid. That doesn't look likely to change. I can't change that.
    I can, however, make sure they KNOW we hate their product and make sure other potential clients know. I've directed interested parties here, to Reddit, and Discord. Let them see for themselves. If they lose customers and can't get new ones, either changes will be made or the business will fold. They're like any other business. Money talks. We don't pay them directly, but we can make sure they get no new business. Either it will improve or Timelines will have to find a new software when this one ceases to exist. I refuse to encourage and support incompetence.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but it looks like if the battle you're fighting ends up destroying the boss, the score from that battle doesn't get added to your total score when the rewards are given - you get the score from just before that battle started.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Captain's Bridge Supplies OE doesn't have anything for those already battling Ultra Nightmare FBB, right? (max reward I see is Bilitrium II)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    The Captain's Bridge Supplies OE doesn't have anything for those already battling Ultra Nightmare FBB, right? (max reward I see is Bilitrium II)

We have no way of knowing what supplies the new bridge level will need. It may just be Bilitrium III or there may be others mixed in. We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    EDIT: PS, I wish you guys could know DScott in another setting, he really is a good dude.
    I know. We're both members of an Enterprise fan group on FB and I went through him when I couldn't log into the forums to get a message to CS. Some people just rub some people wrong. I have a temper and no filter, so I'm good at that myself.
  • Options
    The update is in the Google Play Store so I have updated and let me tell you, it has already had a massive impact.

After much discussion with the officers our fleet settled on a rotation of bosses to make sure everyone, even the newer arrivals were getting useful materials to upgrade their bridges, and for the most part it has worked out great. Using this plan we've managed to retain some folks that might otherwise have left, it has helped us identify these people, and help them improve. It has been a marvelous tool for team and community building.

But then around 2 weeks ago we started noticing that somebody was going rogue on steroids and opening all the difficulties. In the past whenever this happened it was usually just a new arrival unaware of the plan and a single message in fleet chat would solve it but not this time, and a great many days have been lost to this troublemaker.

We tried to figure out who was doing it all the while flooding fleet chat with a constant bombardment of increasingly impolite versions of 'knock it off, please' to no avail. But then the upgrade happened and we now know the name of this Lunatic. Attempts were made by multiple officers to reign this person in, none of them were successful so I got to do the honors of unceremoniously binning this person less than an hour ago. Let me tell you, the 49 remaining members are now celebrating like the Deathstar just exploded in the sky above our heads!

...and in 21 hours we will FINALLY regain control of our own Fleet Boss experience (because right before I ushered this person to the airlock they kindly opened FIVE of the six difficulties)!

EDIT: PS, I wish you guys could know DScott in another setting, he really is a good dude.

Agreed: @DScottHewitt is a stalwart player whom I respect very much.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I hope the new update will help fleets stay together in pursuit of their goals. 🖖
  • Options
    Very excited for the current objective event! It addresses many of the ideas in my previous post and the needs of my fleet. We will finally have a chance to grab some ellusive items and improve the bridge and continue onward.
    Thank you for your hard work and forward thinking in providing a great game experience.
    ps. Tes, the in-game chat continues to be horrible. But that is for a different discussion on another thread.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Finally, the new levels are unlocked 😃👏

• Options
    -dmscramjet--dmscramjet- ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    - Moved to FBB Issues thread -
    | dmscramjet's STT Collections sheet | stay tuned for the FBB simulator |
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

Have fun.

Only takes like ~ 18 months(UN Bosses at max rewards) to complete,
    if you do 1 UN Boss /day.
    All thx to the redicilious high amount of magnisite increase.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

If all 6 boss battles are fought daily and you get max thresholds on each it will greatly reduce that time

It will not.

The most efficient way to farm magnesite is to alternate NM and UNM. A strong bridge will usually score max threshold rewards from NM with only 3 valour. Spending 3 valour in any lower event will get you much less magnesite.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Have fun.

If all 6 boss battles are fought daily and you get max thresholds on each it will greatly reduce that time

It will not.

The most efficient way to farm magnesite is to alternate NM and UNM. A strong bridge will usually score max threshold rewards from NM with only 3 valour. Spending 3 valour in any lower event will get you much less magnesite.

Suppose I should have prefaced that by saying it costs 300 dilithium per day. Then yes it will

Why others ? Why not just another NM? I am still on Brutal. Yet to make NM.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Have fun.

It will not.

Suppose I should have prefaced that by saying it costs 300 dilithium per day. Then yes it will

The 300 dilithium per day includes one nightmare and two ultras daily. You can’t do another nightmare when the fleet doesn’t finish it in 24 hours because they are doing two ultras per day

Wow! Did not know that was 2 ultras.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

It will not.

The 300 dilithium per day includes one nightmare and two ultras daily. You can’t do another nightmare when the fleet doesn’t finish it in 24 hours because they are doing two ultras per day

If you time things right and have the buffs for nightmare and ultra you can max threshold one easy, one normal, 4 hard, one brutal, one nightmare, and two ultras each 24 hour period for 300 dilithium

There's no value in doing normal or easy ever. The ships are poor and the rewards are tiny. Hard and Brutal at least give good honour and the ships are decent. You're also looking at FBB as a daily task. It is not. Any valour spent is worth starting another NM early.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

It will not.

If you time things right and have the buffs for nightmare and ultra you can max threshold one easy, one normal, 4 hard, one brutal, one nightmare, and two ultras each 24 hour period for 300 dilithium

There's no value in doing normal or easy ever. The ships are poor and the rewards are tiny. Hard and Brutal at least give good honour and the ships are decent. You're also looking at FBB as a daily task. It is not. Any valour spent is worth starting another NM early.

To you there’s not. To me it was about 750 honor per day. I don’t remember exactly anymore

That 750 honour comes at the expense of doing other things. Furthermore, you said this was a more efficient means of farming magnesite. Honour and magnesite gains occur at different thresholds. You can get decent honour if you fail to clear thresholds. The same can not be said for magnesite.

Finally, spending 300 dil a day is something most people won’t do even if they’re inclined to spend money on the game.
  • Options

This is an interesting approach.

Have fun.

It will not.

To you there’s not. To me it was about 750 honor per day. I don’t remember exactly anymore

That 750 honour comes at the expense of doing other things. Furthermore, you said this was a more efficient means of farming magnesite. Honour and magnesite gains occur at different thresholds. You can get decent honour if you fail to clear thresholds. The same can not be said for magnesite.

Finally, spending 300 dil a day is something most people won’t do even if they’re inclined to spend money on the game.

I didn’t say efficient. I just said it was a means to accumulate extra

This is about as crazy logic as recommending the standard dilithium deals in the portal store when you have reached the limit on LTO purchases.

K, well I did it for months and was able to get a legendary citation every four days so it worked for me

Oh, so you did all of this on your own?

Thats interesting. It would seem to me that you might need to coordinate a strategy like this with a whole fleet, thats well established.

I apologize for not understanding that you found a way to singlehandedly earn a legendary cite every 4 days from fbb without any help at all.

Keep on spreading the good advice!

Coming up next on CBS: Battle of the Forum Guest Accounts! With special appearances by:

1. Lee Majors
    2. Gil Gerrard
    3. Frank Stallone
    4. Betty White
    5. Gary Coleman
    6. Abe Vigoda
    7. Gabe Kaplan
    8. Franco Harris
    9. and Lee Iacoca
    :D

Considering this person's account was literally created TODAY... I gotta wonder who they are an alt for, or whose ban is being circumvented.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    I am hopeful that Monday morning somebody will fix the code so that these new Captain Bridge upgrades we are working hard to slowly upgrade will stop buffing the Fleet Boss and start buffing us.

This is something I always felt was true from the very beginning.
    I have only gotten to brutal so far. Hopefully next week should make nightmare.

Edit: just to make clear, as I upgrade, my damage would go down, and some times, my length of battle would also go down for that boss level.

Edit2: The only thing that explains time, is that are ships are taking more damage. This could mean that the bosses attacks have shorter cooldown timers than originally. Or, they could be doing more damage per an attack. I noticed this before the node completion boosters were added. This may not be a problem after. But, I really will not know until I start battling at nightmare. I think all my battles have been at Brutal since the introduction of those node completion boosts.

Edit: Got a x4 attack boost this and the last time I got this boost are the only times I averaged about the same damage I did on my very first attempt on Brutal. All the others were less.
    With that boost I will clear Brutal.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

I will 🙂
    And doing more than 1 UN a day

It would have been boring & disappointing if this would have taken less time TBH