Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let admirals be able to lock boss battles, even from officers.

Might want to reconsider who is an officer then.

Agreed. If an admiral can't trust officers to open the right battles, then the issue is deeper than FBB and the officers need to change.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 60- 60 rule for promotion. A player that is level 60 plus and active in the last 60 days is an officer. I have one exception for a level 56ish player that acts as my "nightshift" commander for the Euro players. He'll probably not be an exception for much longer.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Yeah, that would be true if you could trust the communications within the game.
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Let admirals be able to lock boss battles, even from officers.

Might want to reconsider who is an officer then.

Agreed. If an admiral can't trust officers to open the right battles, then the issue is deeper than FBB and the officers need to change.

Yeah, that would be fine if you could trust the communications within the game.
  • Options
    None of you have actually given a reason to oppose making it so admirals can lock certain boss battles. Officers aside, it seems it should be a power an Admiral should have.
  • Options
    The moment I'm not online to start a new battle when the last one ends, my fleet would be stuck. Valor would fill up and Valor lost. Now, one of my officers just starts a new Nightmare and several chains get cleared before I get back. I don't want to put them in that position.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2023
    I'm all for options and flexibility, which enables fleets/admirals to manage how they see fit. Just like admirals can determine which fleet members are officers (for various reasons in different fleets), why not create a second toggle that admirals can use to select those fleet members who are chosen to start FBB?

Some fleets could leave it to the admiral to start. Some fleets would be the same list as the officer list. Some fleets might have a dedicated FBB team who could be a mix of officers and non-officers. More customization is better than less, especially when it would be replicating an existing process.
  • Options
    I complained about that earlier. Heaven forbid you need your keyboard up to search too. You can't see a thing. I use a whiteboard specifically because of this.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    The in game trait selection blows and shouldn’t be bothered with. 3rd party at least let’s me go straight to station selection so you can get optimal selections.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some way to see the available traits on the right side of the screen? Any time I click on the crew list it blocks it so I have to keep switching back and forth to see my unused
    options, or I'm forced to play sitting next to my laptop so I can use a third-party site.

2trs4vj6jzcc.jpg

Just another example of the "the people who design the game do not play the game" or they would not have done this. Maybe in a year or two they will fix it, but I would not bet on it........
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Plus, they list still shows crew that can't be viable, because they use traits used by cleared nodes, and covers the trait list. With the keyboard active, you have to remember or have a list to work from. I wouldn't be so salty about obscuring the trait pool, if the list would not include crew that would require a greyed out trait that I can't see is greyed out, because it's covered! I can only imagine the number of Valor wasted that way.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate to repeat what Ivanstone said, but the in game FBB trait selection is so flawed that's it's best to forget it exists. Use third party tools to figure out your crew, then select them in the normal battle selection screen.

I feel bad for people that don't know about other tools. But for anyone commenting here, you know it exists.
  • Options
    I have a whiteboard and markers. A second device is an even bigger nuisance. It's a simple logic puzzle. Other than my lousy penmanship acting as a speed bump, it's not hard. Eliminate the greyed out traits from the suggested list and I probably wouldn't even need that.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    FBB depends on number of players and right setups.
    To get down the Ultra Boss you will need at least 30 players attacking him with at least 20 of them having a good setup.
    Good setup means a player can get 15-25 M each run. Others can help in combos.
    This is -not- out of reach for a Fleet.
    In 'my' fleet we can kill one or two boss / day and I can assure you that some of us cant even score 10 M to the boss. And I mean total 10 M and not 10 M per run.
    So, maybe, motivate your troops telling them each player has to score at least 70M (for ultra) to get maximum personnal reward for a boss. For me I have never been below 70M for weeks. Now @134M but mainly because I try alternate ships. Without buying valors ofc.
  • Options
    ShidoniShidoni ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    I've found the really hard part is getting 30 active players. If you had no fleet, would you join a fleet saying "Please help us beat UNM for the first time", or one of the many recruiting fleets who can honestly say "We beat UNM twice a day! Come get some Bilitrium III!"

I'm in the first kind of fleet, but if I didn't have a fleet, I know I'd join the second... it appears most people would, and I don't blame them.
  • Options
    @STT Community Greetings. 🖖 Is there any plan to make Bilitrium III available at lowers damage levels on ultra-nightmare? Our fleet is never going to 100% the UN boss. It’s a stretch for us at 50%. But at this point, with no change in the rewards, a level 13 bridge will be our permanent home, which makes boss battles pointless and a time waste for us. This also makes earning the exclusive crew useless, and really takes away from our enjoyment of the chase.

I get it, other fleets are blazing through…and that’s great for them. We just can’t. And I don’t say that as in, “We’ll get there someday.” I say can’t as in the “Ensign Kim will get promoted on Voyager” kind of way.

Hey, I'll pass your feedback to the team. Thank you for your suggestion.
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭
    Mururoa wrote: »
    FBB depends on number of players and right setups.
    To get down the Ultra Boss you will need at least 30 players attacking him with at least 20 of them having a good setup.
    Good setup means a player can get 15-25 M each run. Others can help in combos.
    This is -not- out of reach for a Fleet.
    In 'my' fleet we can kill one or two boss / day and I can assure you that some of us cant even score 10 M to the boss. And I mean total 10 M and not 10 M per run.
    So, maybe, motivate your troops telling them each player has to score at least 70M (for ultra) to get maximum personnel reward for a boss. For me I have never been below 70M for weeks. Now @134M but mainly because I try alternate ships. Without buying valors ofc.

Motivation isn’t our issue. We frequently have 35 people attacking. Our fleet isn’t all heavy hitters. For many 70 million is the issue as they simply don’t have the crew or ships to do so. Which is why it’d be nice if at 50% you could get 1 Bilitrium III, or even 1/2 of one.

Agreed 1000%, my peeps too are stuck at CB13 not being able to 100% UNM; besides voting with your wallet I guess write bad reviews or edit your existing review & let the Devs know that the UNM reward structure needs to change too, just like they did for BRUTAL (which my peeps were stuck at until they made THAT reward change)
  • Options
    Hello fellow captains,

I just created a new posting in the "Engineering" section of this forum, regarding Clarification on Combo-Effects

Referring here to the boni granted by unlocking all notes in a row and how the boni is displayed (it is not as long as it is not unlocked and afterwards only, if you go on the reroll dice button for dilithium spending, where the unlocked boni is displayed.

Asking for as light change in the User Interface, so it displays the boni on the nodes unlocking main page of FBB

ud0rlrcjyiqq.jpg

Please check and comment on the MAIN POSTING.

Thank you.
    ~Khaz
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well my fleet are hitting CB13 now.

Do we have to apply for a visa for permanent residency?
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Well my fleet are hitting CB13 now.

Do we have to apply for a visa for permanent residency?

Mine started hitting it a couple weeks back. We've done 71%. I have hope.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this experience in FBB today
    9dzqbqhjz6ud.png
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone notice their damage being reduced again? I'm down about 25% from my normal average. Same ship/crew and making it the entire time yet.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Anyone notice their damage being reduced again? I'm down about 25% from my normal average. Same ship/crew and making it the entire time yet.

Yep, noticed the same myself on Ultra with my usual set up.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

I usually don't get to do full runs but I did manage to do one a few hours ago. Scored 46M with some vanilla bonuses (732 Crit Rating, 7&14% atk speed, 5800 crit bonus, 0.6s CDR).
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit level 26. Any reason there's 3 rewards and 5 upgrades? 3 and 5 don't tie-out either, so is it 7/7/6 for each one? Would have thought if so they'd be a bit more "premium"?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Just hit level 26. Any reason there's 3 rewards and 5 upgrades? 3 and 5 don't tie-out either, so is it 7/7/6 for each one? Would have thought if so they'd be a bit more "premium"?

Whilst it does feel like you're getting ripped off, the previous tiers were giving out trainers and rations. Of course, I feel ripped off when I get trainers and rations.

Tier 26, 28, 29 at least give it useful rewards. And by useful I mean stuff that can be turned into honour.