Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

1474849505153»

Comments

• Options
    @STT Community Another way to let smaller/newer fleets to make progress would be fleet starbase projects that grind some huge amount of boss rewards to a few of the next tier, and send them to the whole fleet like the replicator ration one. A way for stuck fleets to progress, and for over-achievers to contribute to the rest and help them catch up. (I don't think this was suggested before, sorry if it has.)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community a $10 offer that only gets you half way from level 9 to 10 is not what we meant by helping players get the Artifact.

The number of schematics that drop from the portal needs to be drastically increased. And the schematics should all be beholds.

There are now 50 5* ships in the portal. The published odds say there is a 10.13% chance of 5* schematics dropping. But with 50 ships that means .2026% chance of getting the Artifact.

Even with 10 drops in a 10x, we're looking at averaging 49 packs for each artifact schematic that drops. And then you need 18 of those just to get from 9 to 10.

So we're looking at 888 packs just to get from level 9 to 10.

That schematic economy is fundamentally broken. No amount of $10 offers is going to fix that.
  • Options
    Greetings Captain! We will discuss these suggestions with the team and We will keep you updated if we make any changes. Thank you for your kind constructive feedback. LLAP
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings Captain! We will discuss these suggestions with the team and We will keep you updated if we make any changes. Thank you for your kind constructive feedback. LLAP

How about discussing with them what "Thank you" and "gift" mean?!?!?

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Bridge level 30, now what?...
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Start stockpiling magnecite for the next expansion....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options

Keep an eye on that … remember they max out like the trainers. It might be worth it to claim the single portal pull award once in a while to prevent that. Plus you’ll get some honor in return.
  • Options
    I guess I should have asked any idea how long till we get an update to the Bridge
  • Options
    I guess I should have asked any idea how long till we get an update to the Bridge

Between two weeks and never.
  • Options

Between two weeks and never.

If I was betting on this, I'll take the never...

B)
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an eye on that … remember they max out like the trainers. It might be worth it to claim the single portal pull award once in a while to prevent that. Plus you’ll get some honor in return.

Sage advice that ^ and of course, do like we do and farm honor! We are racking it up with 4 bosses running at all times :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    Although it has already been mentioned that there are no plans to reward players for hitting a node, I urge the developers to reconsider.

My ideal would be to reward 1 valour for each run where a node was hit, or rather "valor is only used if a run unsuccessfully hit a node". This way, players who spend effort to hitting nodes are not penalized compared to those who go for max damage to get the honour at the end, since a player then still has valor to get more damage logged.

My second choice would be to drop honour per node hit. This way going for max damage or node completion would result in a personal benefit. This is not my ideal since small fleets would still struggle to complete harder bosses but it would increase engagement with the game mode.

Agrees. This is what I observe. No judgment, just observation.

There are a few fleet members who share the node solving among themselves and therefore cause unm to go down quickly.

A lot of fleet members continuously farm from three or more bosses, and earn significantly more magnasite and honor than the node solvers.

Honor and valor are some good suggestions as rewards already. Some other ideas (to promotote other areas of gameplay in boss battles) - a few quantum, a bunch of quipment components (NOT energy components!) or some random ship schematics (not just the 5 same ships that always appear in dabo)
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Leperflesh wrote: »
    My fleet is "casual" but we still have about a dozen high level players. We've only beaten Nightmare once and never beaten Ultra Nightmare. All of the high level players are stuck at bridge level 13. We have tried hard during the events where you get a few extra Valor but that's not enough - the only time we beat Nightmare, one player poured a ton of dilithium into it and we got very lucky with the bonuses.

It's clear that the idea is, you should get more high level players for your fleet, so you can grind away at Nightmare and get one Bilitrium III for each defeat and maybe eventually your bridge level can rise anyway. But we just don't seem to ever get anyone to join. I invite higher level players almost every day. Being a casual fleet maybe scares them away, but we've always been casual and I'd hate to alienate our current members by switching to a more aggressive taskmaster style fleet.

What is a bit annoying is how useful crew like Chances Taken Kirk seem to be, beyond fleet battles. He's locked away for everyone in my fleet, functionally forever.

I think this probably affects a lot of fleets that aren't packed with top players. I started my fleet five years ago, we're finally nearly done building starbases, I don't want to abandon it to join some top level fleet, but the endless level 10-20s who stop playing after five days is kind of a drag.

When Boss Battles first came out, everyone was engaged and excited. Now, it's an afterthought to grind out a bit more honor, not really benefitting anyone who actually has the crew to solve nodes, we're basically running boss battles just to benefit the lower level players.

I don't know if the intention is that fleets with fewer players, lower players, or a more casual attitude just shouldn't ever be able to get above bridge level 13, but that's the practical result, and being frustrated and annoyed by a game experience isn't likely to lead to people spending more money on it. It just makes people eventually give up.

This was our fleet as well. But eventually, our players and ships leveled up enough that we could start beating Nightmare more regularly. We are slowly creeping forward, finally on Bridge 13.

And considering how none of us has even seen yet the Frantic McCoy that everyone is always trouncing us in Gauntlet... the idea that some people are looking for more bridge expansions is... well, different fleets live in different worlds. :-) We are nowhere near that one. ;-)

But, again, we also aren't still in the world that you're in now, either. We were, six months ago. But we did make it past the level 13 wall. You will, too!
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    @STT Community @WRG Ben
    Now that FBB is off the roadmap & will not be updated, will the rewards for players at L30 be upgraded from a single SR to a10X at least?
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity, why does Bridge 16 still have Constellation schematics when the bridge rewards have already given out enough schematics by that point to get the ship to level 10? It feels like a slightly lame reward to get there and find such a redundant prize...
  • Options
    Or reset the rewards and let us start at level 1 again. I'd pay dilithium for that option.
  • Options
    Andrew wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why does Bridge 16 still have Constellation schematics when the bridge rewards have already given out enough schematics by that point to get the ship to level 10? It feels like a slightly lame reward to get there and find such a redundant prize...

did they not give out some schematics?
  • Options
    I have a very picky technical question: at what exact point does the crew you're using get compared to the current open nodes? I've had a couple of experiences lately where after the battle, the "combo chain activated" screen appears and then crew that I or a fleetmate was trying for nodes on that tier turns out to have solved a node on the new tier by chance so I'm just wondering what the sequencing is.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a very picky technical question: at what exact point does the crew you're using get compared to the current open nodes? I've had a couple of experiences lately where after the battle, the "combo chain activated" screen appears and then crew that I or a fleetmate was trying for nodes on that tier turns out to have solved a node on the new tier by chance so I'm just wondering what the sequencing is.

I’ve noticed that some times the FBB screen doesn’t update properly and you’re looking at old, cleared nodes. This can be fixed by restarting the game and the correct set of nodes will show. That’s liking what’s happening in your example.

But to your question, it seems that the cards are applied to the nodes when your attack run is finished. So if two player start at the same time, whoever finishes first clears the node. That is how it appears to me.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options

Eat sleep repeat
  • Options
    edited February 10

Eat sleep repeat

Just hoard that honor & real the rewards come honor sale
  • Options
    @STT Community @WRG Ben
    Now that FBB is off the roadmap & will not be updated, will the rewards for players at L30 be upgraded from a single SR to a10X at least?

Greetings Captain, We will ask the team regarding the FBB rewards and see if we can add any twist. LLAP
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »

I’ve noticed that some times the FBB screen doesn’t update properly and you’re looking at old, cleared nodes. This can be fixed by restarting the game and the correct set of nodes will show. That’s liking what’s happening in your example.

But to your question, it seems that the cards are applied to the nodes when your attack run is finished. So if two player start at the same time, whoever finishes first clears the node. That is how it appears to me.

I've started a FBB run I was sure would complete the chain and reloaded Datacore in the hopes of preparing for the next nodes while the current one was still running, and it never works no matter how responsive the server is being. I agree that the nodes are applied after the end of the battle.
  • Options
    I agree. It's even possible to close the game, for example when you notice you've made a mistake, and the valor is back when you restart the game.