Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started with 4 valor this morning, did ONE battles and valor went down to 1
    I had the counter showing my Valor was full when I woke up. I knew that was wrong. I hadn't slept that long! It dropped to one after I did a battle, as I probably just had two in reality.
    Using Retrieval to match traits only works if they are in the Portal. We got "politician" and Pav's not in the Portal yet. Took me a minute to figure her out.
    Could they fix the glitch in the fleet display about who's active? I've have players in chat with me showing they hadn't been active for hours and I've seen ME as last online nine hours ago, while I'm looking at it. It makes figuring out who's available to try a combo tricky, when you can't see that they are online.
    Shan wrote: »
    Again, 4 valor to start with this morning and the first battle cost 3 valor

Please post this in Engineering Room in the relevant thread for issues.
    I suspect this is a display issue however, the cost of a battle is 1 - and I do not see other reports of this.

@Shan
    Several of us brought this up yesterday morning. The counter reads full, but isn't, and corrects itself after the first battle. It's similar to the glitch where a Voyage shows plenty of AM and then drops to nothing or failed as soon as you exit the screen. It's out of sync.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the counter showing my Valor was full when I woke up. I knew that was wrong. I hadn't slept that long! It dropped to one after I did a battle, as I probably just had two in reality.
    Using Retrieval to match traits only works if they are in the Portal. We got "politician" and Pav's not in the Portal yet. Took me a minute to figure her out.
    Could they fix the glitch in the fleet display about who's active? I've have players in chat with me showing they hadn't been active for hours and I've seen ME as last online nine hours ago, while I'm looking at it. It makes figuring out who's available to try a combo tricky, when you can't see that they are online.

I suspect this is a display issue however, the cost of a battle is 1 - and I do not see other reports of this.

@Shan
    Several of us brought this up yesterday morning. The counter reads full, but isn't, and corrects itself after the first battle. It's similar to the glitch where a Voyage shows plenty of AM and then drops to nothing or failed as soon as you exit the screen. It's out of sync.

Do you leave your app running overnight?
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Please make it possible to show frozen crew in the trait selection, preferably with an "unfreeze" button. Going back and forth to the vault is pretty annoying and I forget what traits I'm supposed to be looking for.

Agreed! Or at the very least be able view the traits of character in the Cryogenic Vault.

• Options
    Another recommendation is to reduce the cooldown time for Valor or provide more Valor using the same time frame. Or perhaps offer other ways of obtaining Valor. 1 Valor every 3 hours or 4 valor in an 11 or 12 hour period isn’t cutting it and makes it practically impossible to even finish off the Normal level boss.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    What accounts for differences like this?
    Same setup run back-to-back on Brutal. Auto both times.
    qtkjw18h6vzg.jpeg
    plnab7p6j92o.png
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

@Shan

Do you leave your app running overnight?

Nope. I do what I do and, then, close and switch the Kindle to whatever research project I've got going or watch something on a streaming app. I pop in often (Admiral), but I'm in and out. I need that second screen for other things.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    What accounts for differences like this?
    Same setup run back-to-back on Brutal. Auto both times.

First ship lived longer and crit hit more often. You’re not guaranteed to always do the same damage.

When I was doing normal, my Ktinga was scoring about 900-1000kdamage per run. One time it did 1.5m. I’m entirely certain the boss missed my ship entirely. I got to do another Kang/Tuvok hit and trigger Smiley a second time.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    First ship lived longer and crit hit more often. You’re not guaranteed to always do the same damage.

I know.
    But I didn't expect such a wide variance of almost 2.5x the damage. That's a huge amount and the swing makes a large difference when fighting the boss.
  • Options
    mr_sparkymr_sparky ✭✭✭
    - there seems to be some confusion as to what happens when a combo chain triggers, it does not give out a bonus to anyone, it just deals a big amount of damage to the boss, as such it does not impact the leaderboard rankings.

I am confirming as well that to be eligible for rewards, both personal and boss destruction ones, you need to do enough damage to reach at least the first personal damage threshold. This too will be made clearer.

So a player who sacrifices personal damage to concentrate on nodes could lose out on personal rewards as well as fleet rewards.

This does need to change in the future.

Maybe the two can be "separate" activities?

e.g. Make it so that Combos ignore the frozen status. Each fleet member gets maybe 3 guesses and can submit 3 crew *regardless* of whether they're frozen or not. This makes it more collaborative and everyone can contribute more equally.

And then the actual battle is based on non-frozen crew, and don't exclude combo guess crew for battles.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I'd echo a lot of the other comments here- if chat isn't up to hosting a proper discussion (it isn't) then the trait checklist really should update based on what the rest of your fleet is doing.

Also, once I hit a node, it wouldn't let me view the trait screen as I'm already contributing, so I couldn't confirm to my fleet what I had eliminated.

Merits are an issue, especially with the gauntlet requirement midweek.

Having to go back and forth to view crew I want to freeze is a pain. We got 5 slots, but the requirement to run extra crew here is at least double that too.

All of that being said- I like the idea behind it, it's got our fleet interaction up, and hopefully people will work out the kinks and fleets will find it easier to hit targets with more people running more optimal strategies. We're currently on brutal though, and I feel it probably requires dilithium to defeat from the rough maths I've done, which would bring the question of causing falling-out when some people spend and the fleet fails as others don't share the burden.
  • Options
    (A) Traveling Man(A) Traveling Man ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of crew makes trait combos nearly impossible if they can be divided among multiple crew. My fleet is absolutely stuck on this one - we have several people trying to figure out a combination, but no luck

mwww89a54rj1.png

Combos are absolutely the weakest part of this feature, from the enormous merit cost to the sheer number of possible permutations, it just isn't viable in my opinion.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    The amount of crew makes trait combos nearly impossible if they can be divided among multiple crew. My fleet is absolutely stuck on this one - we have several people trying to figure out a combination, but no luck

mwww89a54rj1.png

Combos are absolutely the weakest part of this feature, from the enormous merit cost to the sheer number of possible permutations, it just isn't viable in my opinion.

What level are you on? Assuming normal, Kruge covers 2 traits (brutal & royalty), so then you'd have all sorts of options for your other seats, with borg and botanist having several 1-3* options.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Webberoni wrote: »
    What level are you on? Assuming normal, Kruge covers 2 traits (brutal & royalty), so then you'd have all sorts of options for your other seats, with borg and botanist having several 1-3* options.

Brutal. There are no single crew that has all of the required traits, and combinations of crew have proved fruitless.

Not that there isn't a million other permutations we can try.
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

mwww89a54rj1.png

Assuming you are on 4* crew, a quick search shows Ikat'ika his brutal, veteran, Jem'hadar. use the retrieval screen to filter crew options
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Assuming you are on 4* crew, a quick search shows Ikat'ika his brutal, veteran, Jem'hadar. use the retrieval screen to filter crew options

Oh, I understand the mechanics, and he was tried. He didn't work. Clearly they are looking for someone else.

CABTools.app
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to rethink how much damage we need to do in these battles. Easy and normal are taking a long time and much damage to defeat. This should not be the case. How many fleets will just be unable to do them and give up?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Well, someone figured it out, and didn't say anything. So now I'll never know what it was 😂😂
    CABTools.app
  • Options
    Well, someone figured it out, and didn't say anything. So now I'll never know what it was 😂😂

NOOOOOOOOO I was so invested in figuring that one out!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with using crew retrieval for level 4 an 5 crew, is that you are leaving
    a bunch out. But it is your first source to try to figure out the traits needed. When it fails you will have to go to cryo. Search the traits that are not greyed out but the ones with few crew to try an eliminate them as possible crew. Also, when trying to figure out 3 traits. You will need to match the main and another on the list.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

NOOOOOOOOO I was so invested in figuring that one out!

There is only one option if it is a 4* which you found. Strange
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I can not figure out this displaced node at all. It's a hard battle so I can only use up to 4 star cards. I cross checked with every card in the game that has displaced as a trait and can't find one that also has two of the remaining non grayed out traits.7c36hwz9bhcf.jpg

As is being said in posts above you, there are missing traits.
    Try someone with displaced that has traits that you have not tried. You will need a crew with traits that are not displayed. When you click on the displaced seat, those crew might show up letting you know the missing traits.

One choice might be Displaced Molly O'Brien, see if when you click on the displaced seat, does she come up as a choice.
    Her traits, Human, Civilian (not it greyed out), desperate, Hunter, primal, survivalist, Federation, and Displaced.

Gabriel Bell might be another to see if he shows up when you click on that displaced seat.

Also Disguised Chakotay.

Edit: I was figuring you tried all the crew with the traits that are displayed. If not, Gabriel Bell has cultural figure. See next post for another suggestion. BTW, you need two traits. So I guess if they only match one of the traits on the list they will not show up. So again unfreeze some of the ones with displaced and one trait on the list. To see if they show up.

Wait why are there missing traits? Is this a bug or intended? It seems weird they would include traits you can't see

Yes it is a bug. I am not sure if it is only with android devices.
    (I am a small fleet. So I have not hit this as of yet. Still on Easy. But the info I read, in earlier posts, informed me of the problem, as well as, the screen shots)

Edit: the post below your's talks about scrolling on a PC for the traits. Not sure, but maybe the devices (phone or pad) can also be scrolled on the traits.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    My fleet just unlocked Nightmare, and on the second chain, we ran into what seems like an absolutely impossible situation: the last remaining node in the chain seems to require Vedala, a trait that is not yet available in the game because the first such toon comes as a reward in the next event.

To walk through this in detail: after unlocking three nodes, we were left with a node that is Resourceful + ?. After eliminating the traits that unlocked the other three nodes, we are left with possible values for ? of Efrosian, Brunali, jahSepp, Neural, Vedala, Vorta, Jury Rigger, Kobali, Ktarian, Smuggler, Telekinetic.

Based on Datacore and/or Crew Retrieval searches, we’re pretty sure that no toon has Resourceful + Efrosian, Brunali, Neural, Vorta, or Telekinetic. That leaves us with jahSepp, Vedala, Jury Rigger, Ktarian, Smuggler. Trying Fungal Entity May (jahSepp), Queen Po (Jury Rigger), Naomi Wildman (Ktarian), Martian Quark (smuggler) all failed.

That leaves only Vedala.

5zulychfd0p3.png

So now we’re stuck at 75% on our 2nd of 5 chains and can’t make any more progress on combo chains, because we can’t earn, retrieve, or buy a Vedala character before time runs out on this battle.

@Shan Please pass on to the devs our strong suggestion that the Combo Chains not require traits that are unavailable at the time of the battle.

Update: I may have spoken too soon, as one of my fleetmates just pointed out that in fact there is one Resourceful/Telekinetic crew, Platonian Chekov. I’m not sure if anyone in else my fleet actually has Platonian Chekov; I can’t test because I have already cleared a node on the relevant chain.

Second Update: One of my fleetmates tried and failed with Platonian Chekov, leading us back to the conclusion that the remaining node requires Vedala.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    People do you need the combos to destroy the boss.
    I do. my fleet is my 3 accounts.

But , if you only do one battle at a time, my guess is large fleets May not need all the combo tiers to defeat the boss.

This will leave more damage for fleet members to accumulate.

Edit: if you are already at max rewards. Why
    Keep battling on the difficulty, unless you need to destroy the boss.
    You only need to destroy the boss, if you need to unlock the next difficulty level.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    FEEDBACK: creating a new feature that basically requires all of our cards and then launching it the day before a Faction event that also tends toward requiring a significant portion of our rosters was either suboptimal timing or exactly the tough love we needed.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion the requirements are a little hard.

Brutal Boss requires 1,150,000,000 damage,
    thats 23m damage per player if u have a full fleet of 50.
    Average wise i score 2m per battle. Depending on RNG.

Not doable without dilithium refills, imho.
    And the most fleets don t have 50 hardcore players with them.
    So it‘s quite discouraging.

That the dilithium costs for refills increase isn t helpful as well.
    Think ppl would do more refills if it‘s „just“ 100 dilithium and
    spend more overall.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    @Shan Can you help clarify how applying crew to nodes works? We aren't 100% sure and have a few questions:

1) Do you have to add the crew from the node screen, or does simply adding the crew to your bridge that meets a node requirement trigger that node? Is there any action you have to take first?
    2) can you put multiple crew on your ship to target a single node (i.e. 3 different physicians to try to meet a physican/unknown node)
    3) can one crew meet multiple node requirements and trigger both?
    4) Once a trait is met and used by one crew, does that mean it will not be the hidden matching trait for a different crew?
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭

mwww89a54rj1.png

It was most likely Brutal + Smuggler + a third one. Smuggler was used once on another node which incorrectly greyed out both Smuggler traits in the list of potential traits so it's easy for people to miss that potential combination.
  • Options

Oh, I understand the mechanics, and he was tried. He didn't work. Clearly they are looking for someone else.

There is one flaw in that logic. Not everyone in the Vault is in the Portal and Retrieval won't show them. We figured that out early on with Promoted Sisko.