Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimBerlin wrote: »
    Pure Feedback:
    An in-game tutorial that walked you through the rules, like the crew retrieval rollout, would be very helpful. This game has a steep learning curve for newbies, and this new mode is no different.

Selfish Request:
    What would be really fantastic in the future is a "training module" for boss battles that would let you workshop battles. Once you defeat a tier, you can battle it at will for no valor cost and with no rewards. All active crew regardless of shuttle or voyage status would be available.

Sort of... "Starfleet has collected data from your battle against the enemy threat. A holoprogram is now available to prepare for future encounters"

This is my favorite idea ever. I have a blast experimenting with crew/configurations, etc This would be sooooo awesome!! Can't like it enough
  • kjr0d44xqyna.png
    So what do we do with these?
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • kjr0d44xqyna.png
    So what do we do with these?

The new items are used in your captain's bridge upgrades. Kemocite starts being used during level 2.

Rob W
  • Thanks Rob
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Everyone who participates should get rewards. Everyone who plays gauntlet gets rewards. Everyone who plays arena gets rewards. Everyone who plays events gets rewards. How WRG could spend months on this feature supposedly for fleets but leave out rewards for most of the fleet is ridiculous. Change the reward structure or lose players.

Yep. This was terribly thought out.

Imagine thus: You start the battle your fleet agreed to. Do a ticket or two before going to bed. While you sleep a couple players in your fleet blitz through the battle. You wake to discover they finished the boss. But because you didn't hit that minimum target you got nothing.

Instead of being happy your fleet beat the battle you're annoyed you wasted tickets.

This needs to be fixed ASAP or it will turn people off to the entire FBB.

The more I think about it. The more annoyed I am with the design. In every other aspect of the game, whales in a fleet lift up their fleetmates. They used Dil to donate more starbase components. They use dil to speed up starbase rooms. Dil on events improves fleet ranks and can help a squadron leader who isn't spending but gets the benefit of shared crew on sped up shuttles.

But here a whale spending pushes members of a fleet down. If a whale spends Dil for more valor, the whale gets to finish the battle sooner. But other players who aren't spending lose rewards because they didn't have time to hit targets. And suddenly you have a fleet of haves and have nots. Where half the fleet earns nothing because the other half is blocking them from progressing.

This needs to be designed to encourage cooperation and let players benefit from the efforts of the rest of the fleet. Not have a situation where players in the same fleet are harming each other.

I feel like they tried to do that by having the two sets of rewards (personal damage and boss destruction)...but there's just a huge gap in the payout between the two. More tiers on the personal side could help - not higher tiers, rather just split what's already there.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    In addition, it seems to me like the combos actually are working against the players.

With rewards tied to the damage done, combos are giving players less time to do enough damage to hit the thresholds. For example, I'm currently one attack shy of the next threshold reward. By the time my valor increases, the boss will likely be dead because combos are being hit.

I'm not as worried about me as I am about fleetmates who are one attack shy of hitting the thresholds at all.
  • RW_Eagle wrote: »
    The new items are used in your captain's bridge upgrades. Kemocite starts being used during level 2.

Rob W

So in other words, since my tiny fleet can't even beat the easy level to get kemocite I'll never be able to get my bridge past level 2. Nice.
  • edited July 2022
    I want to amplify a lot of the previous feedback and suggestions for improvements to the Fleet Boss Battle. Overall, I do like the new part fo the game but there needs be some changes to make it better.

First, every member of the fleet should be getting a reward from the battle, and the personal rewards needs be to expanded to anyone that did an attack.

Second, the valor recharge rate needs to be changed so that you can participate in more attacks. Please revise this recharge timer to an hour but at a mimimum it needs to be reduced from the current 3 hours.

Third, we are burning through Merits to unfreeze crew to use during these battles. Either eliminate the use of Merits to unfreeze crew or allow us to use crew from the cryo vault just for the FBB.

Fourth, show the crew that unlocked a combo link and let the fleet member see the list of potential traits so that they can help the rest of the fleet in unlocking combos.

Edit: I'm now in a situation where there is close to 3 hours left to attempt to defeat the current boss and I have one valor left. It doesn't make sense for me to contribute to this battle when I know we aren't going to defeat the boss and not be able to participate in the next battle for a minimum of 1-3 hours or a maximum of 12 hours.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    I'de be fine with that if Brutal allowed the use of Legendaries. With the way levels currently progress, it makes no sense that it doesn't (why are there two levels that stop at super-rare crew?).

My fleet wasn't able to take down the Brutal boss. While this wasn't great, it might be that farming Hard would be better for some. I'm already at Level 3 and I'm 13 Kemocite short of finishing that level. I imagine other Fleetmates are either where I'm at or soon will be. Brutal is good for farming Magnacite but that's only part of levelling the Bridge.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm m just pleased my fleet finally passed Easy. We're starting Normal. We'll see how it goes.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    The freezing and thawing was NEVER an enjoyable aspect of this game. Why oh why would WRG create a feature centered around something I don't believe anyone enjoys???

Exactly. It wouldn’t be too bad if we got to see all the traits needed for a combo. But this hidden trait nonsense so we have to spend thousands of merits and lose attack power and bonuses trying different crew out stinks. I was going to buy the campaigns this month but with the bad will from FBB I am rethinking my purchase.
    Let’s fly!
  • Seven ConstanzaSeven Constanza ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to add my voice to those who’ve already said anyone who has contributed should get a reward. Without those rewards you’re not going to be able to upgrade your bridge and you’re going to lose participation that way. Not everyone has the ability to play through the day or every day or the resources to keep buying tickets just to level high enough to earn rewards. This looks to be something that once you get high enough is going to be the domain of the whales. The fleet I’m in finished Normal due to the efforts of a couple of people after failing the day before and I see it getting worse going up. I can’t imagine we’re going to complete the higher tiers ever.
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    On the buggier side of things:

8lgl5p521pni.jpg

This is from the Brutal mode that only allows 1* to 4* crew.

1) Why are the Son'a and J'naii traits there? The only two existing cards that have them are both legendaries.

2) Why are Explorer and Prodigy both in the trait list and were both removed when the first node was unlocked? One of them was a known trait.

3) The missing node from the screenshot was unlocked with Federation and Investigator. Federation is not among the listed trait. Is the trait list intentionally incomplete and misleading? (If yes, that's not a good idea).

4) One of the players who unlocked a node doesn't appear on the leaderboard, so maybe their damage wasn't counted.

5) Not a bug, but another one of the players who unlocked a node is currently second-last in the leaderboard with no chance to obtain any personal rewards. Unlocking individual nodes should be worth the hassle, by at the very least rewardin a huge damage bonus or something else. People waste merits and tickets to do that.
  • 1) Why are the Son'a and J'naii traits there? The only two existing cards that have them are both legendaries.

That might not be a bug, the game might just be populating the rest of the list (other than the right answers) with random traits that don't need to match anything.
    2) Why are Explorer and Prodigy both in the trait list and were both removed when the first node was unlocked? One of them was a known trait.

The known traits always do show up in the list at the bottom. You should think of that as "list of all possible traits," not "list of all hidden traits."
    3) The missing node from the screenshot was unlocked with Federation and Investigator. Federation is not among the listed trait. Is the trait list intentionally incomplete and misleading? (If yes, that's not a good idea).

It was probably in the fourth row. If you're on computer, you should be able to see it by clicking in the bottom area of the screen where all the keywords are, and then scrolling down with your mouse wheel. If you're not on PC (or don't have a mouse wheel), it's a lot more complicated to access those traits, but some people have figured out some workarounds (it does seem to be stored in your player data).
    5) Not a bug, but another one of the players who unlocked a node is currently second-last in the leaderboard with no chance to obtain any personal rewards. Unlocking individual nodes should be worth the hassle, by at the very least rewardin a huge damage bonus or something else. People waste merits and tickets to do that.

So true. This is the biggest, most obvious problem that needs to be fixed before this feature will be something a whole fleet can get excited about and rally around.

• Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    1) Why are the Son'a and J'naii traits there? The only two existing cards that have them are both legendaries.

That might not be a bug, the game might just be populating the rest of the list (other than the right answers) with random traits that don't need to match anything.

That's not a good idea in my opinion. It's confusing and makes an already complicated search process even more time-consuming.

The known traits always do show up in the list at the bottom. You should think of that as "list of all possible traits," not "list of all hidden traits."

Hirogen and Pilot didn't show up in that list.

It was probably in the fourth row. If you're on computer, you should be able to see it by clicking in the bottom area of the screen where all the keywords are, and then scrolling down with your mouse wheel. If you're not on PC (or don't have a mouse wheel), it's a lot more complicated to access those traits, but some people have figured out some workarounds (it does seem to be stored in your player data).

I'm on my phone and I had no idea there even was a fourth row. How did they not realize that the fourth row wouldn't be visible before releasing the FBB?

• The battle from my screenshot so far has 37 players participating in it. Only 9 of those will get rewards for the damage they made. Potentially a few more if they'll be online and have valor tickets before the 24 hours are over. The others will only get 1 or 2 kemocite for their effort, which they won't have any use for as long as they can't get magnesite from the other rewards.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not having all traits visible on a cell phone is just a QC fail for a mobile game.

It's bad enough dealing with unknown traits and the merit drain (especially on incorrect crew that don't unlock the node), but not being able to see the complete list of possible traits should warrant a massive merit refund to all participating players, with all due respect.

Other commonly raised issues would effectively be quality of life improvements, but that oversight has directly resulted is misspending of merits and players deserve to be compensated.
  • Hirogen and Pilot didn't show up in that list.

They could've also been on the fourth row. All I can tell you is that I've always seen all the known traits in the bottom list every time I've looked at a wall of traits.
    The others will only get 1 or 2 kemocite for their effort, which they won't have any use for as long as they can't get magnesite from the other rewards.

Not even that. Players who don't pass the threshold for personal rewards don't get boss rewards either.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Fleet Boss Battles is live!

Use this thread to provide feedback and only feedback.
    Please keep it as clear and concise as possible. Thank you!

Have you guys noticed this? fsvk3hh2it5q.png
  • Have you guys noticed this?

Yep, and even on Steam it doesn't initially show up, you have to scroll down with your mouse wheel.

• W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can play on Steam. What level is it where traits are hidden? Brutal 4*?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    My fleet has 1 node left on Brutal that is Federation (it must be hiding on the invisible 4th row) and 2 other traits, at least 1 of which is also hiding out of sight.

Noble merits have been lost trying to unlock it using traits from the visible rows, before realizing there even was a fourth row.
  • I can play on Steam. What level is it where traits are hidden? Brutal 4*?

It might be all of them. Might as well scroll down on any difficulty just to be safe.