Home The Bridge

Fleet Boss Battles - Feedback thread

Comments

• cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a stuck crew. I used Persis on my last easy battle and I still can't dismiss. We're currently doing Normal and don't even have an easy running and I still can't dismiss her. I need her unfrozen to free up space ASAP. I reported in engineering but I don't have hopes it will be fixed and we're not starting an easy one up to try to unstick her.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion the requirements are a little hard.

Brutal Boss requires 1,150,000,000 damage,
    thats 23m damage per player if u have a full fleet of 50.
    Average wise i score 2m per battle. Depending on RNG.

This is pretty steep. However, the combo chain will saw off 40% of that. I’m personally going to make over 12m but a lot of people won’t.

The Magnesite rewards are better for Brutal vs Hard. A 75% Brutal attempt will likely yield better rewards than a 100% Hard. My fleet murdered the Hard boss. Faster than the normal boss even. But a lot of people didn’t make a lot of thresholds because the boss died relatively quickly. Getting 7m to make the threshold minimum isn’t very hard if you have the Borg Sphere which most people should.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fleet just unlocked Nightmare, and on the second chain, we ran into what seems like an absolutely impossible situation: the last remaining node in the chain seems to require Vedala, a trait that is not yet available in the game because the first such toon comes as a reward in the next event.

To walk through this in detail: after unlocking three nodes, we were left with a node that is Resourceful + ?. After eliminating the traits that unlocked the other three nodes, we are left with possible values for ? of Efrosian, Brunali, jahSepp, Neural, Vedala, Vorta, Jury Rigger, Kobali, Ktarian, Smuggler, Telekinetic.

Based on Datacore and/or Crew Retrieval searches, we’re pretty sure that no toon has Resourceful + Efrosian, Brunali, Neural, Vorta, or Telekinetic. That leaves us with jahSepp, Vedala, Jury Rigger, Ktarian, Smuggler. Trying Fungal Entity May (jahSepp), Queen Po (Jury Rigger), Naomi Wildman (Ktarian), Martian Quark (smuggler) all failed.

That leaves only Vedala.

5zulychfd0p3.png

So now we’re stuck at 75% on our 2nd of 5 chains and can’t make any more progress on combo chains, because we can’t earn, retrieve, or buy a Vedala character before time runs out on this battle.

@Shan Please pass on to the devs our strong suggestion that the Combo Chains not require traits that are unavailable at the time of the battle.

Update: I may have spoken too soon, as one of my fleetmates just pointed out that in fact there is one Resourceful/Telekinetic crew, Platonian Chekov. I’m not sure if anyone in else my fleet actually has Platonian Chekov; I can’t test because I have already cleared a node on the relevant chain.

Second Update: One of my fleetmates tried and failed with Platonian Chekov, leading us back to the conclusion that the remaining node requires Vedala.

It's unclear if it's intentional or a bug, but you don't need one crew to match all the traits. I had one case where I matched the traits across multiple crew and there is another example with screenshots above of the same thing. So you don't need a DC search to find a crew with all the traits. Just throw a bunch of crew that cover the traits.

Yes this is not when Ben explained. But either it was a bad explanation, or the code is not working how he explained it.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    My fleet just unlocked Nightmare, and on the second chain, we ran into what seems like an absolutely impossible situation: the last remaining node in the chain seems to require Vedala, a trait that is not yet available in the game because the first such toon comes as a reward in the next event.

To walk through this in detail: after unlocking three nodes, we were left with a node that is Resourceful + ?. After eliminating the traits that unlocked the other three nodes, we are left with possible values for ? of Efrosian, Brunali, jahSepp, Neural, Vedala, Vorta, Jury Rigger, Kobali, Ktarian, Smuggler, Telekinetic.

Based on Datacore and/or Crew Retrieval searches, we’re pretty sure that no toon has Resourceful + Efrosian, Brunali, Neural, Vorta, or Telekinetic. That leaves us with jahSepp, Vedala, Jury Rigger, Ktarian, Smuggler. Trying Fungal Entity May (jahSepp), Queen Po (Jury Rigger), Naomi Wildman (Ktarian), Martian Quark (smuggler) all failed.

That leaves only Vedala.

5zulychfd0p3.png

So now we’re stuck at 75% on our 2nd of 5 chains and can’t make any more progress on combo chains, because we can’t earn, retrieve, or buy a Vedala character before time runs out on this battle.

@Shan Please pass on to the devs our strong suggestion that the Combo Chains not require traits that are unavailable at the time of the battle.

Update: I may have spoken too soon, as one of my fleetmates just pointed out that in fact there is one Resourceful/Telekinetic crew, Platonian Chekov. I’m not sure if anyone in else my fleet actually has Platonian Chekov; I can’t test because I have already cleared a node on the relevant chain.

Second Update: One of my fleetmates tried and failed with Platonian Chekov, leading us back to the conclusion that the remaining node requires Vedala.

It's unclear if it's intentional or a bug, but you don't need one crew to match all the traits. I had one case where I matched the traits across multiple crew and there is another example with screenshots above of the same thing. So you don't need a DC search to find a crew with all the traits. Just throw a bunch of crew that cover the traits.

Yes this is not when Ben explained. But either it was a bad explanation, or the code is not working how he explained it.

I can confirm. I cleared a 3-trait node with 3 crew each covering once of the required traits. That approach allowed me to cover 2 or 3 extra traits that wound up not being needed for that node.
  • ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

This is pretty steep. However, the combo chain will saw off 40% of that. I’m personally going to make over 12m but a lot of people won’t.

The Magnesite rewards are better for Brutal vs Hard. A 75% Brutal attempt will likely yield better rewards than a 100% Hard. My fleet murdered the Hard boss. Faster than the normal boss even. But a lot of people didn’t make a lot of thresholds because the boss died relatively quickly. Getting 7m to make the threshold minimum isn’t very hard if you have the Borg Sphere which most people should.

I'm managing 1.5 mil, and that's good for my fleet. 8x50 assuming everyone uses 24hrs worth of attacks still means that's a bit short, even before you consider lost damage trying to match nodes.
  • KaiRoKaiRo ✭✭✭
    Would be great if the game chat could be connected/bridged to e.g. the Matrix protocol so we could use other clients than the game itself to interact with it (and potentially bridge it further into systems fleets use, like Discord and others) - but that's not directly on FBB.
    "Don't try to be a great man... just be a man. Let history make its own judgments."
    -- Dr. Zefram Cochrane, around 2073
  • FBB Feedback:
    - Really loving the Captain's Bridge! The rewards feel good, a d the buffs are a brilliant addition too
    - Like others have said, this has been brilliant for everyone in the fleet getting involved.
    - That being said, the personal threshold brackets need expanded, so many of my fleetmates (including those that have cleared nodes) are missing out and it feels like wasted valour. I understand wanting players to earn rewards, but I feel like there is a middle ground somewhere.
    - Speaking of threshol rewards, seeing the thresholds for Normal being displayed as 1750K is a tad confusing, having it be listed as 1.75Mil would make more sense.
    - I want it to stay that any fleet member can start a battle, with a much needed fleet chat upgrade we can get sn improvement in fleet communication so people play the 'correct' one (depending on fleet goals and such)
    - Also, we need to be able to see the full list of traits on the node screen

But, I have to say that I'm really enjoying engaging with my fleet and taking part in battles, I'm really looking forward to what the next stages of FBB are!
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arnie wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »

I'm managing 1.5 mil, and that's good for my fleet. 8x50 assuming everyone uses 24hrs worth of attacks still means that's a bit short, even before you consider lost damage trying to match nodes.

Harder difficulties may require better Captains Bridges. I’m reasonably content doing Brutal just for the Magnasite. Normal is probably better than hard for Kemocite farming.

Strategies are still evolving as well. I hit upon a good ship combo earlier today but I don’t know if it’s repeatable.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Just to follow-up, I hope this bug gets fixed. Are we sure the server side is recording the added antimatter bonus from the Captain's Bridge? From a fleet mate's pic, it gets lost when a voyage is started

7o4bfg2bnbdh.png
    jt0f58h4pxh9.png
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to follow-up, I hope this bug gets fixed. Are we sure the server side is recording the added antimatter bonus from the Captain's Bridge? From a fleet mate's pic, it gets lost when a voyage is started

7o4bfg2bnbdh.png
    jt0f58h4pxh9.png

I put this in the engineering room and sent in a ticket for this issue as well
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run into an issue that I already submitted a ticket for, and I'm going to post in the engineering thread as well, but wanted people to be aware of.

I collected all the rewards from completing level 1 of my captain's bridge, including the 10x premium pack, but it hasn't shown up as a free pack to open in the time portal (even after restarting the game a couple times).

I have no idea whether any of those rewards were actually collected and credited to my account, or if they all disappeared into a black hole.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I've run into an issue that I already submitted a ticket for, and I'm going to post in the engineering thread as well, but wanted people to be aware of.

I collected all the rewards from completing level 1 of my captain's bridge, including the 10x premium pack, but it hasn't shown up as a free pack to open in the time portal (even after restarting the game a couple times).

I have no idea whether any of those rewards were actually collected and credited to my account, or if they all disappeared into a black hole.
    "Known issue:
    Level 1 Captain’s Bridge: the last reward has an incorrect description and icon which might cause confusion. The reward is a Super Rare Behold claimable from the Honor Hall (emphasis added)."

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19485/force-update-free-crew-slots-and-fleet-boss-battles
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • So, some nodes are cleared with 1 crew others 2 crew?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully admit that I may have missed this detail in all the info/demos/etc, but I had the mistaken impression that the boss event was 24hrs only. Or at best, 24hrs per boss (so 6 days max, if a fleet could get through that far). Instead, it seems to be perpetual since we can restart battles against lower-tier bosses while also doing others. I see no global timer suggesting an endpoint.

Anybody know for sure?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully admit that I may have missed this detail in all the info/demos/etc, but I had the mistaken impression that the boss event was 24hrs only. Or at best, 24hrs per boss (so 6 days max, if a fleet could get through that far). Instead, it seems to be perpetual since we can restart battles against lower-tier bosses while also doing others. I see no global timer suggesting an endpoint.

Anybody know for sure?

It's not an event. It's a new gameplay. It's meant to be something ongoing for us to do.
  • weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    My fleet (slightly against my expectations given the progress before I went to sleep) finished Normal and has now unlocked Hard ... and now we're over 50% down six hours in, to the point I'm worried I won't clear the personal threshold until the battle is over and thus miss out on the rewards (I spent three tickets trying for a combo; if I go pure damage on the next one I should be OK, it's just whether other people finish it off before my next Valor comes).

So "Hard" appears to be easier than "Easy" or "Normal", at least for relatively casual fleets. It makes sense given that we've all got ships and characters of the right rarity ready to go in a way that we didn't for the lower levels, but it makes me even more convinced that there needs to be a way to skip ahead. Pretty convinced there are fleets out there that would have fun on Hard but will bog down on Normal.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    Did a bunch of attacks and unfroze many crew to try to unlock combos. Didn’t get anything when we won. This **tsk tsk**. Fine, I wasn’t one of the top attackers, at least give me some reward. How are we possibly going to get the whole fleet to work on these when only a few players get rewards. FBB is more frustration than fun.
    Let’s fly!
    edited July 2022
    Everyone who participates should get rewards. Everyone who plays gauntlet gets rewards. Everyone who plays arena gets rewards. Everyone who plays events gets rewards. How WRG could spend months on this feature supposedly for fleets but leave out rewards for most of the fleet is ridiculous. Change the reward structure or lose players.

100% agreed. A lot of fleets pride themselves on helping out lower level players. Making sure everyone who participates has access to the all-fleet rewards, even if their personal rewards are minimal, would fit much better with that sort of ethos. As it stands at the moment, people have to either deliberately stop playing to avoid being accidentally "greedy" and stopping other people earning rewards, or play at the lower levels which are a lot less fun because of all the constant back and forth in cryo to help out the people who can't reach the damage threshold on the higher ones.
  • CochranCochran ✭✭
    edited July 2022
    First and foremost we need a better inflow of merits if we have to keep freezing and unfreezing crew, I can't do gauntlet, faction events and boss battles without merits. Spending more money on this game is not an option. Second when trying available traits and a crew has something your trying they sometimes don't show up as available. Nice idea badly executed.
    The whole bit where you select people on the combo screen doesn't seem to be linked to whether you trigger them or not. As long as they're crew on the ship that round, they can count.

On the other hand, using the combo screen does seem to lock them up for freezing purposes, which is frustrating. I've started using it only to explore who might be worth trying (especially given the whole thing with traits disappearing off the bottom of the screen on most platforms), but then cancelling again before I go to do the actual battle.
  • I have a general problem
    gray, green and blue crews are completely in the fridge
    purple crew at about 70% of all possible.

it last several annoying minutes to search in the fridge for a crew with matching traits, as the interface for crew search is bad as hell.

its my opinion traits or crew that were checked as wrong should be marked as invalid, so that others didnt choose the same second trait crew.
  • Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Do the bridge bonuses to ships which don't explicitly mention the boss apply outside of fleet battles?
  • Do the bridge bonuses to ships which don't explicitly mention the boss apply outside of fleet battles?

Yes