Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror Mariner as gauntlet exclusive is setting some terrible precidents

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    ......and THAT is why we released Marinier so soon after Archer!!
    dcd3yv2imk1w.gif

Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Ben said Vori Chakotay could drop from any dilemma at or after 6 hours, but there was a higher chance at dropping from a super-rare dilemma due to the reward pool.

There was also a lower chance from dilemmas that drop other voyage specific crew.

I believe super-rare dilemmas only happen at 6 hours or later. The only chance of a super-rare before 6 hours is a voyage specific crew at 4 hours as the second of a two parter.

In my ears that doesnt sound logical, since there are way fewer uncommon/rare crew than there are super ares, which in my logice makes it easier to get from the uncommon/rare dilemmas. Anyway that is slightly off topic.

Uncommon dilemmas can drop rare crew, just not very often. I guess they can occasionally drop super-rare, and when they do there is a chance to drop a legendary, (Vori or Black.)

Chances of a rare from an uncommon dilemma is less than 10%, despite there being 50% more rare crew than uncommon crew.
  • Options
    I would like to see a screenshot of Chakotay dropping on a non-super rare dilemma. If it can happen then there’s gotta be at least one out there
  • Options
    Once I got the 20k rounds Locutus, I stopped gauntleting except when it was one of the strands of an OE or I was running short of credits. Tribbled K&K, let alone gone-too-soon Archer, passed me by and I didn't mind.

But now I'm going to have to start in earnest again, dammit. Because Do Want.

To the wider discussion: didn't Ben say in the Discord Q&A that they were using golds that might have gone into Tuesday packs in the past as gauntlet/voyage rewards? If Tuesday packs aren't coming back, we might have to get used to a much faster gauntlet cycle.
  • Options
    Ugh, supper quick new guanlent character, from one of the shows that's killing the franchise, all while we're still waiting on promisied features that are way past due.

I'm done with this game.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    He’s 💯 correct Guest_158...
    Ugh, super quick new gauntlet character, from one of the shows that's killing the franchise.

“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • Options
    Gauntlet crew need to be added to the portal at some point. Ever decreasing odds of getting older characters makes it more and more frustrating and diminishes your chances. This seems obvious. Why won’t DB consider it?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet crew need to be added to the portal at some point. Ever decreasing odds of getting older characters makes it more and more frustrating and diminishes your chances. This seems obvious. Why won’t DB consider it?

Well for one because DB was two owners ago.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I'm checking with the team, please give us a moment. Thank you for your patience.

Any update on this? It seems like a quick, "yes we screwed up and flipped them," or a "no, we intended to release them like this" conversation.
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the sounds of it I’m one of the few people happy with the new Gauntlet crew being introduced so quickly. I had my fifth copy of Archer drop last week so RNG has been kind to me. That said, I understand the frustration of those not so lucky and fully support the idea of mixed beholds for previous exclusives.
  • Options
    Nevertheless Black should be the gauntlet crew and Mariner the voyage one.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    Nevertheless Black should be the gauntlet crew and Mariner the voyage one.
    Since Gauntlet is so tedious, I'm quite happy about the way it is. However, First Flight Archer made me start playing Gauntlet again, but I immediately stopped after the first copy and cited him up.

Mirror Mariner doesn't tease the eager beaver out of me that much, but I haven't hit the Gauntlet achievement for a Locutus copy neither, so I'm excruciating myself to play it once again. Damned axe.
  • Options
    AvatruneiAvatrunei ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    @ Bylo Band:

I'm absolutely with you, but let me tell you something: don't waste your time on gauntlets, it's already tedious enough. I did the absolute minimum, without any real planning, I adamantly kept all my merits, didn't do any refreshes, saving my merit drops even atop them. I got only 2-3 lower crates per final reckoning, but nevertheless I got one Archer, and after it I stopped and cited him up.

That same strategy got me several copies of Guinan in the dark ages long gone. But I must say, I didn't get any other legendary, but those didn't bother me at all, hence not playing Gauntlet.

Long story short: don't make yourself mad. When the time comes, it comes.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    14 hours later and I'm still just as angry as I was when I first read this announcement. To tell the truth I am livid, enraged, irate, seething, etc...this feeling is not going away and I honestly wish there was something I could do about this. I am so mad I want to march down to the office and demand an explanation.

You JUST introduced the new Archer in JANUARY! This was not some random throwaway character like Armus or Tribbled Koloth and Korax this was THE main character from a show with a fair amount of dedicated fans. This is Jonathon freaking Archer, people want that card for non-game reasons, and this decision puts that card out of reach for everyone who did not get struck by lightning over the last three months.

From what I've been able to deduce it sounds like a handful of people got supremely lucky and won multiple copies of Archer but the vast majority of people never got one, and now we never will. Yes, yes, I know, older cards are technically still possible to get but let's be real, that pool of past Gauntlet cards is now 7 deep and in my unsuccessful Gauntlet rampage the last 3 months I have hit exactly ONE gold card from the literal HUNDREDS victory crates I have opened, a lone copy of Armus.

During the last three months I made it my singular mission in this game to win a copy of Archer. I love Jonathon Archer so much I willingly subjected myself to something I actively hate, Gauntlet, and I only know one way to play Gauntlet: full speed. I've left a mass of carnage in my wake as I've carved a swath through every leaderboard since the end of January.

Serious question to WRG people, do you have ANY idea how hard it is to win a Gauntlet? And you do have ANY idea how hard it is to win 30+ Gauntlets in three months? This is why I hate Gauntlet, there has never been an allegedly fun activity that requires so much planning, preparation, commitment, and effort for so little return. I usually don't play Gauntlet at all because it is just the worst experience but you made me do it because that was the only way to get this Archer and after three months of having EVERY victory crate come up empty other than the aforementioned Armus now you just up and decide change the rules of the game and remove Archer after three months?

How dare you?! In my opinion the odds of those crates are broken, or if not they are woefully inadequate. People need to actually be able to win these cards once in a while, or you need to let us just buy them.

In my opinion, this needs to be addressed somehow, Make First Flight Archer available for everyone so all of us who want a copy but were swindled by your miserly RNG can get one. And fix your RNG for those crates/boxes, if people can do this for months, put in serious effort, and never win anything, your model is broken.

My “patients” with TP is nearing its limit.

Glad someone else caught this