Home The Bridge
Options

Mirror Mariner as gauntlet exclusive is setting some terrible precidents

This new gauntlet exclusive is problematic in these ways.
1. They are not useful in gauntlet (1st ever)
2. They were introduced 2 months after First flight archer.
2a. There was not enough time for most players to get Archer.
2b. There was definitely not enough time for those trying to immortalize archer from gauntlet alone.
2c. They were released before the much needed / requested behold for past exclusives was added to remove the pain point of the dilution of past gauntlet exclusives and challenge to obtain those hard to get crew.
2d. Archer had half the time of the previous shortest gauntlet exclusive tenure (Locutus at 4 months), and much less than 1/10th of Armus's tenure.

Comments

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a good place to ask Nancy a question.

From my understanding, when you hit the gauntlet jackpot, there are two outcomes - 50% chance to hit the current reward and 50% chance to hit one of the past rewards (6.25% chance for each currently with 8 previous exclusives).

Will adding more voyage exclusives water down the odds of you hitting the one you want by them sharing the jackpot chance or do they all share an equal chance along with any super rare crew that would normally drop from the same dilemma?
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMHO, while I didn't like gauntlet before, it certainly reduces my engagement to log in every 4 hours if I don't have a chance at the featured crew anymore. Never got an Archer so impossible to get a full set of 5 now 😂
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. To echo others, in really hope Black and Mariner were reversed in the announcement by mistake. Mariner is a terrible gauntlet crew but great voyager. And black is a great gauntlet crew.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    2b. There was definitely not enough time for those trying to immortalize archer from gauntlet alone.
    2c. They were released before the much needed / requested behold for past exclusives was added to remove the pain point of the dilution of past gauntlet exclusives and challenge to obtain those hard to get crew.
    2d. Archer had half the time of the previous shortest gauntlet exclusive tenure (Locutus at 4 months), and much less than 1/10th of Armus's tenure.

Any chance they mixed up Black and Mariner? Black looks like a better gauntlet crew.

iksfrhn3r6yt.jpg

It's certainly Mariner in game as the Gauntlet crew. But looks like the mistake was made earlier and it should have been Black added to Gauntlet instead. It would be nice for @STT Community to comment now and address this before waiting a week and causing even more problems trying to change it then.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    cmdrworf wrote: »

Any chance they mixed up Black and Mariner? Black looks like a better gauntlet crew.

iksfrhn3r6yt.jpg

It's certainly Mariner in game as the Gauntlet crew. But looks like the mistake was made earlier and it should have been Black added to Gauntlet instead. It would be nice for @STT Community to comment now and address this before waiting a week and causing even more problems trying to change it then.

Unfortunately, the best turnaround time I can see is 2 days, given timezone differences. Wouldn’t be surprised if the @ mentions are turned off by default. A private message may get a more rapid response.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost feel like this was a longer ranged plan that got pushed out early.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    New voyage exclussive can drop from ANY dilemma from the 6 hour point, unlike Chakotay where he could only drop in dilemmas where a possible Super rare would drop
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    New voyage exclussive can drop from ANY dilemma from the 6 hour point, unlike Chakotay where he could only drop in dilemmas where a possible Super rare would drop

Wonder if that’s changed for Chakotay then.
  • Options
    Navarch wrote: »

Wonder if that’s changed for Chakotay then.

Hope so. Chances are slim enough as it is
  • Options

I thought they said Chakotay would drop from any dilemma after 6 hours
  • Options

Chakotay could drop from any as well, not just SR ones

In that case i have misunderstood what WRG Ben said, mentioning that he was in the pool with the Super Rares
  • Options
    JoeSage 2JoeSage 2 ✭✭✭

In that case i have misunderstood what WRG Ben said, mentioning that he was in the pool with the Super Rares

There ARE Super Rares that come up with definite Dilemma choices, but after 6 hours ANY crew including other non-dilemma specific SRs can drop in outside of dilemmas.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

That is what Ben said. That when a dilemma occurs that drops a super rare, Chakotay is part of that super rare pool. It’s not just any old dilemma and I’m sure if it was someone would have produced a real life example

• Options

That is what Ben said. That when a dilemma occurs that drops a super rare, Chakotay is part of that super rare pool. It’s not just any old dilemma and I’m sure if it was someone would have produced a real life example

Then i feel that there are contradictions on what is being claimed.
    1. He can drop from dilemmas where a super rare will drop
    2. He can drop from any dilemma
    Bot after 6 hours that is
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ben said Vori Chakotay could drop from any dilemma at or after 6 hours, but there was a higher chance at dropping from a super-rare dilemma due to the reward pool.

There was also a lower chance from dilemmas that drop other voyage specific crew.

I believe super-rare dilemmas only happen at 6 hours or later. The only chance of a super-rare before 6 hours is a voyage specific crew at 4 hours as the second of a two parter.
  • Options
    Ben said Vori Chakotay could drop from any dilemma at or after 6 hours, but there was a higher chance at dropping from a super-rare dilemma due to the reward pool.

There was also a lower chance from dilemmas that drop other voyage specific crew.

I believe super-rare dilemmas only happen at 6 hours or later. The only chance of a super-rare before 6 hours is a voyage specific crew at 4 hours as the second of a two parter.

In my ears that doesnt sound logical, since there are way fewer uncommon/rare crew than there are super ares, which in my logice makes it easier to get from the uncommon/rare dilemmas. Anyway that is slightly off topic.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I echo what has been said about the two crew being swapped, and being far too early.
    I think Black is also far too early, with less than half the players having Chakotay.

I do wonder if WRG has panicked about a downturn in playing recently, and shoved these in quickly.
    The QA aspect has been overlooked due to getting rid of the QA person, and they got swapped.