Home The Bridge

Do you name your voyage ships?

Do you name them? All the same name? Each ship with a different name? A certain name for a certain ship? Or do you let the game fill in the default name and just leave it be?

I used to name certain names to certain ships, but now all of my ships are "Queen of Bashir" since I own every Bashir in game, a fact I'm proud of, and consider him my in game husband.

So what do you do? I'd love to know.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• I used to, when Voyages were new. After about a week, I think most people couldn't care less since the name is never referenced anywhere again.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to, when Voyages were new. After about a week, I think most people couldn't care less since the name is never referenced anywhere again.

I'm pretty sure the name comes up sometimes in the voyage dilemma. But I definitely understand, there are occasional times when I just leave the name just to start the voyage and not think about it for another 2 hours.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    always default ... the time it takes to type something else in has no return on investment ... if the thing would actually REMEMBER the name you picked ... from last time .. and use it as the default next time ...
    then I might consider setting my own voyage name .. O.o
  • Only the first day or 2. Instead of "The Bounty" I might enter something like, "that big green smelly thing we arrived in over there". It was funny for a day but that's about it. Just like the animations you can't turn off. tap tap tap, KHAN!!! tap tap tap
  • I usually pick the tong or bounty and name it IKS Thunderchild
  • Not anymore....first 5-10 voyages it was fun, but now i don t bother.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Ditto wrote: »
    if the thing would actually REMEMBER the name you picked ... from last time .. and use it as the default next time ...
    then I might consider setting my own voyage name .. O.o

Ditto
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually name them after the last word or phrase I hear IRL
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My ship names are all either bad puns or anagrams of the ship I'm using. They're all very stupid, but it amuses me. 🤓

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always name mine Arc because if there’s one person in history I could meet it would be Joan of Arc
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I base the name on which skills come up. Either "go", "ok", or "ugh".
  • I used to use Poo Onya, because why be an adult all the time
  • I used to before the rebalance, each voyage with its own name, now i just don't care.
  • I started naming them by the length I was trying to hit. Of course, typing in "3 hour" just once brought flashbacks to hours of Gilligan's Island from my youth.
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    My ship names are all either bad puns or anagrams of the ship I'm using. They're all very stupid, but it amuses me. 🤓

I would love to see some of what you have come up with, if you're willing to share.
  • I sometimes name the Borg Cube, “D6 of DOOM!!!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad. Run, don't walk, to Quark's Holosuite!

Immortalized: 140 x 5*, 221 x 4*, 74 x 3*, 47 x 2*, 27 x 1*
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    v4c328m2ogog.png
  • I like naming the Borg Scout Ship - Binky :wink:
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »

I would love to see some of what you have come up with, if you're willing to share.

Well, remember, you asked for it! :p

Just gonna give you one though: an anagram for D'Kora Krayton = Not A Dorky Ark.

Hey man, at least it’s ultra clever
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of my ships get 1 of 2 names:

Train to Funky Town
    Magic School Bus

I always name my Krayton "D'Kora Crayon"
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, every time - there's kind of a theme (except for the cube, which I can't think of a candidate for) but they range from serious to silly:

1701: USS Erika Hernandez
    1701-D: USS Rachel Garrett
    T'Ong: IKS Lukara
    Bounty: IKS Azetbur
    Warbird: IRW Caithlin Dar
    Prakesh: Ocett
    Krayton: Dabo Girl
    ISS-1701: ISS Naughty Hoshi
    Cube: Unimatrix Reloaded
  • I give every ship a Starfleet-appropriate name, sometimes one from the series and sometimes one I made up.

My current ship is the Odyssey; other recent ones include Ardent, Bellerophon, Hadrian, Churchill, Arbalest, Aurora, Earheart, Pasteur, Marcus Aurelius, Stalwart, Steadfast and so on. I just think of something out of mythology, history or a word that fits with Starfleet virtues.
  • Harry Potter's X-Wing Tardis...because I can, but only when I launch my Voyage from the PC Client. Typing on a tablet is...painful in comparison.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • My Borg Cube is called The Revenant
    My ISS Enterprise is The Silverbird
    My Bounty is The Sunbird
    The Tong is the Mayflower
    And the Krayton is the Golden Sunbird

The others aren't leveled so much as to be used

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • I'm partial to H. M. S. Pinafore for the Bounty. The Ferengi ship is usually the Qwib-Qwib. And most of the fed ship's get Normandy SR1.
  • Usually not. The exception is when I need a Ferengi ship. That's when it's Quark's Latinum Poo to the rescue.
  • veXveX ✭✭
    I call them "Bro"
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just clear the default & use a keyboard shortcut for my Fleet name:

Galactic Phoenicians OÅO
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust