Home The Bridge

Do you name your voyage ships?

Comments

• HerbertHerbert ✭✭✭
    I used to try and come up with clever ship names, but I ended up using names of small towns in my home state of Arkansas (e.g. U.S.S. Bald Knob).
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I answered this thread a while back but doesn't hurt to do so again I suppose.

All my ships are "Queen of Bashir" due to my collection of every Bashir variant.

I admit this does make all of my voyages sound like a luxury cruiseliner instead of a battle-hardened or military-based vessel though. And I'm okay with that, my crew and I are sailing space and sipping mimosas all the while watching shuffleboard matches on the holodeck.

Um, aren't you the OP, @Lady Gaghgagh ? :#
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • For a while I was naming the ships something that I would be amused by when I would read the logs. I'm still surprised ship names get censored though.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • I number mine, I'm up to voyage264
    ~ seeking out new life
  • SoupSoup ✭✭✭
    For the most part I only use these 5 ships, because they are the 5* I have maxed. I use these names every time.
    ISS Enterprise = The Proud Anselmo
    Prakesh = Keeing up w/the Cardassians
    Borg Scout Cube = USS Rubix
    D’Kora Krayton = USS Adam Smith
    HMS Bounty = USS Flappy Bird

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    nictgepcdh2q.png

I think this was my favorite, from a couple weeks ago.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I.S.S Enterprise - I.S.S De Lancie
    Prakash- Dukat did nothing wrong
    Borg cube- U.S.S Rubik

Three I use most often
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    My niece tells me to name my ships "Shippy". She's 4, and it's cute.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was previously naming all my ships "Ziyal", because my Captain image is always Garak, and it was part of my campaign to get Ziyal into the game (I figured somewhere on DB's servers there was a pile of data saying a ship was named Ziyal a zillion times).

Since she was added though, I needed to come up with something else Garak would name his ship, so I've been trekking aboard the "Mira" lately.''

...which is also not in my signature right now, gotta fix that
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I was creative for a whole, then gave up. I name them the amount of Antimatter they start with. Lol!
  • I name mine "Mars". Don't know why...
  • Not the most original, but when taking a good ship, I call it "Lollipop".
  • EmcamEmcam ✭✭
    The ships tend to be named something funny. At the moment I've got "Transhumanist Association's Beach Vacation" exploring the galaxy. There's been loads of made-up company names like "Spear & Bottle Inc" based on skill symbols, free associating word plays on standard ship names like " Björn Borg's Undie Assimilatoe", names stemming from what the ship looks like ("The Return of the Hammerheaddude" and whatnot.

There's also a bit of in-house competition of coming up with silly/clever ship names, as me & my partner play the same game and the one who happens to be playing when it's time to send off the next voyage gets to name the ship. :-D
  • All my planned over 12 hour voyage ships bear the name HMS Raktajino...so far it has been refit 2 times, HMS Raktajino A and HMS Raktajino B...perhaps the HMS Raktajino C will be launched...one day...if DB ever un-nerfs voyages
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I don't get is why are ship names filtered if they are supposedly not being seen by other accounts.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    otnpyk1nx0ra.png
    tov46p1olzej.png
  • I LOVE naming my ships! Also don't understand why there is a filter. I think there should be a contest for the best/funniest/cleverest names.
    Some of mine I am most proud of...
    Borg in a Box
    No Bloody A B C or D
    Kobayashi Maru
    (Defiant) = Objectionable, Difficult, Awkward,
    (Reliant) = Dependable, Lean On Me, Planet To Be,
    Yosemite Sam
    It's Not Easy Being Breen
    Blood Wine
    Khaaaaaaaaan!
    Whale Watcher
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I frequently name my ships. I've used various names as I get tired of them pretty quickly.
    My current voyage is in the Assimilation R Us.
    dbaffl0lspjx.jpg
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    I'm 50/50. Consider it an extremely mild act of defiance, but I steadfastly refuse to name my voyages when I get a ridiculous ship bonus trait like "fighter".

BUT, when I get a decent bonus ship trait like "transwarp drive" or "electromagnetic pulse" when I can start with the 2,650 AM before I assign crew as a way of thanking the universe I always name them.

My go to name for the Borg Cube is :8org dic3 (or Borg Dice)
    My go to name for the Prakesh is: Cardie Cruiser
    My go to name for the H.M.S. Bounty is: H.M.S. Cloaky
    My go to name for the D'Kora Krayton is: The Flying Latinum

-EDIT-

Also, sometimes I simply name my voyage something silly like "Ship", although I'm going to change that up to "Spaceboat"
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "USS Wolverine".

Except when I typo and put "UUS Wolverine"........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Haere LinteseregHaere Lintesereg ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my ships are "Sein Cair Andros", this is a name of a location of a role/narrative game in which I've been years ago, and this is one I remember with very affection.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I enjoy naming them. My favorites are the Kanar, the Quark Nog or Rom, The I.S.S. Spock, the Worf or Martok.

Then when there is no extra point ship to use I default to the borg cube and number the voyages one up if they reach 8 hours. Right now I'm on Unimatrix 145.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • I always name my voyage ship the ebon hawk.
  • i used to name all the ships after one of my dogs. The thing is I got better crew with the USS dodge. maybe it was beginners luck. i think I'll go with a stargate theme next.
  • When I first started out, I was naming ships using names from other shows. Millennium Falcon, Serenity, Tardis, Jack O'Neil/Samantha Carter/Daniel Jackson.

Now I don't bother. Too much time, especially after having to dig through all the ships in the first place.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to name them, but now I'm usually rushing to load my crew before running to something else. When I named them, I would try to pick something relevant to the ship, e.g. the Borg Cube often got named the USS Rubix.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends