Home The Bridge

Do you name your voyage ships?

Comments

• I usually do, unless I'm flying the Bounty. McCoy named that one perfectly already.

My most frequently used is the USS Gabriel Bell.
  • Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    New (ish) FF ship ISS Enterprise = 'Tingle'
    When I get the Andorian Battlecruiser up to full strength it will be the 'Hot Needle of Enquiry'
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do, unless I'm flying the Bounty. McCoy named that one perfectly already.

My most frequently used is the USS Gabriel Bell.

I usually leave the Bounty alone, too!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Capt. Pete OwenCapt. Pete Owen ✭✭✭✭
    I name every time, all after my wife lol

I mostly play the game on my iPhone so have saved
    ‘H.M.S Kimberly Jane’
    into shortcuts.

If I don’t have any 5* ships with a bonus, my default ship is The Bounty, but if a different ship gives a boost I drop the H.M.S. and insert either
    I.S.S.
    Cube
    Cruiser
    Warship
    Marauder
    U.S.S.
    in front of ‘Kimberly Jane’
    con1vwb8i1no.png
    Joined game 6th March 2016
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    mts2ba7mr4nh.png
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    klz5znvdkyph.jpg

m1nfpfu9b119.jpg
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the creativity in this group.

Thanks to @Capt. Pete Owen for the idea of naming the ships after his wife. I think I may do the same and then let my wife see it the next time she complains about me spending too much time on this game.

Yeeaaaaaah, that'll convince her.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • behi4zv92i6m.png
    mine isn't as quippy, but
  • As lame as it is I name all voyages the amount of starting Antimatter so I can remember when voyage refresh time comes around.
    DiceDeals wrote: »
    As lame as it is I name all voyages the amount of starting Antimatter so I can remember when voyage refresh time comes around.

That is clever, I approve. I think I'll meet you in the middle and use that number in addition to the silly names.
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    Terran Boyz as of late. But I've used random things, with Deacon Blues a few times last week.
  • David LunaDavid Luna ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Borg cube - SS RUBICS CUBE. Hirogen - SS MIRAGE. Ferengi - SS OPPORTUNITY. That's all I have.
  • My Borg cube goes by Cubica, Rubica, One of the Many or Lucretia Borgia, sometimes just Lucretia. Mirror Enterprise is quite often Dorian Gray or something ridiculously threatening like Painbringer or Merciless, which I also use for Prakesh sometimes. D'Kora Krayton is Profiteer. Also, I quite often preface ship's name with RCF which stands for Rare Crew Finder. Not that it brought me any more luck :smile:
    My Borg cube goes by Cubica, Rubica, One of the Many or Lucretia Borgia, sometimes just Lucretia. Mirror Enterprise is quite often Dorian Gray or something ridiculously threatening like Painbringer or Merciless, which I also use for Prakesh sometimes. D'Kora Krayton is Profiteer. Also, I quite often preface ship's name with RCF which stands for Rare Crew Finder. Not that it brought me any more luck :smile:

I like your style :)
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I name my Voyages basically what's around me, or adverbs or adjectives. I try to keep it light, and sometimes I don't even know myself where these come from...

Here's a sampling:

Earnest Borg-Nine
    HMS Nachos
    BorgBorgBorg
    Helpless
    The Rock
    Lollipop
    K'ruuuuuuga! (Olde Timey Klingon Car Horn)
    Prestige
    Time Killer
    Mudds Convicts
    USS Tumbleweed
    Monolith
    Beauty Queen
    Maximatter
    SesDeMayo (Can you guess what day it was?)
    As Good As It Gets
    AlrightyThen
    Kholinahrificent
    Wine Time
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
    My voyage trait for today is Terran, so I named my voyage "Terran it Up! 2875"

(2875 in honor of the AWESOME idea of @DiceDeals )
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since my Bonus today was "Electromagnetic Pulse"......

ewroussdtb5s.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • I name my ships for the antimatter count I have at the beginning of the voyage. That way I don't have to recalculate when I use the Voyage Estimator,
  • Only at the beginning but since you can’t add anything crude to the name it lost it’s fun a long time ago. Also severe drop nerd makes voyages a big meh
  • Yea i do sometimes, but none of mine are very good lol.
  • If I need chrons the 'Vacuuchron.
    If I need crew "Crew me a river" or "The Chute"
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to run a community fan fic which was Star Trek based. My main character was an Academy drop out (technically he was expelled doing a prohibited TopGun-esque move, like flying below the deck, during a cadet tournament in Mars' upper atmosphere.) Anyways, he became a privateer and captained a 10 man crew on a low warp skiff he named the Monte Carlo.
    For nostalgia reasons, when I think of it, that's the name I choose.
    Intentionally Left Blank
    I've borrowed the idea of listing the AM total in the name and use it to pay homage to the old Atari 2600 by naming most of my voyages Atari and then listing the AM total after.
  • PinkyfirstPinkyfirst ✭✭✭
    I use to come up with witty names, or references to movies I grew up watching like: Mega Maid, Axel the Fox, Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, Them Was Good Beans, Banana Tailpipe, Prince Hakeem, etc. However, lately I have been doing my total voyage score with antimatter afterwards--this morning was 46768.2850 (in trying to get another 11hr voyage and see what consistently gets over 10hrs).
    yvuqimsv26su.jpg
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »
    I used to run a community fan fic which was Star Trek based. My main character was an Academy drop out (technically he was expelled doing a prohibited TopGun-esque move, like flying below the deck, during a cadet tournament in Mars' upper atmosphere.) Anyways, he became a privateer and captained a 10 man crew on a low warp skiff he named the Monte Carlo.
    For nostalgia reasons, when I think of it, that's the name I choose.

Was he named Locarno?

qvjuxom77cik.png

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends