Home The Bridge

Do you name your voyage ships?

Comments

• Always. I.S.S. Black Coffee. I have used it so much on my phone it is there every time I go on a voyage, so no extra time.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Space Roomba
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could set default names for each class of ship, or at least have it keep the last used name and have it carry over to the next voyage to save time. It's silly having to retype it every time when one person at DB typing a few lines of code once could probably save us all a lot of time and add to the enjoyment of the game...

Amen
  • when I bother to do it I usually name them as follows -

borg cube - Big Black Box or BBB
    Bounty - Viva
    ISS Enterprise - Mirror Mirror or MM
    ferengi d'kora - Crab
    Prakesh - snake tongue
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borg Cube has been "El Cubo" or "Ice Cube"
    HMS Bounty has been "The Quicker Picker-Upper"
    Enterpise has been "Boobyprize"

But mostly I don't bother anymore. :)
  • I name my ships accordingly to what they remind me of:

The Pebble for the Cube
    Featherface for the Bounty
    Trilobite for the Krayton
    The Maid for the NX-01
    Starfish for the Prakesh
    Miss Hammy for the ISS Enterprise

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've often actually pondered if the name could actually be a part of the random seed generator.

It's unlikely and beyond my ability to confirm or not but it's in my head. I think back to an old FPS called "Rise of the Triad" (ironic to this events name actually) and they added a level generator, where you could manually input the seed number (write it down) and so if you random generate a good one (most were crap) you could share it with a friend and / or revisit it in the future.

So all that said, and the work put in by DB for the naming feature.. I've often pondered..
    So I name all ships, try to remember what I use and use again till I hit a bad streak then change the name next time.

Likely all dumb unrelated luck..
  • mine is always "good ship lollipop." it even autosuggests the whole name anymore
  • I usually leave the names alone but when I roll in the Borg Scout Ship I take the time to name it the USS Tesseract...fans of the Cube movies will probably understand.

I like it.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Today it was the SS Minnow, since it was the worst combo MED/ENG, and I don't expect it to go much beyond 3 hours. LOL

65s81pl9fof8.png

HAHAHAHAHA
  • In game name - Oleg Petrovsky
    Ship name - Elbrus
  • I use my D’Kora and call it Leeta’s Lumps or Quark’s Folly. Stupid but I get a chuckle out of it.
  • I don’t bother anymore, after the first couple days. I also don’t bother to read the log either.
  • I used to, when Voyages were new. After about a week, I think most people couldn't care less since the name is never referenced anywhere again.

Ditto.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I used to, when Voyages were new. After about a week, I think most people couldn't care less since the name is never referenced anywhere again.

Ditto.

It's referenced in the logs, which I still find mildly entertaining when I check my voyage and notice them.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    jlwkl58j3m51.jpg

Got this early on in Voyages when you sometimes got names from other Voyages mixed with your own.
  • Always do with the same name
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally use the Borg cube because it’s 2500 base unless one of my other actually gets a bonus. It’s always named Qbert.
  • Enterprise I use Ship
    Borg cube I use Cube
    Bounty I use Garbage Scow
  • I started by coming up with Mythic or Astronomical terms in alphabetical order, but after the DB censure machine changed the second or third innocent name, I simply stopped.
  • I always use the 2500 ships or the Romulan ship. I use:
    Resistance One
    The Profit - Rule 10
    Kirk's Bounty
    The Guiding Hand
    The Romulan Shadow
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    My cube gets the name "Kuhbus" or "Th3 n00b q00b", my Galor gets the name "Cardashian" and the D'Kora gets the name "Furrengi". In rare cases when I can use my ISS Enterprise, I name it "Wineland" and HMS Bounty is renamed to "Meownty".
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Krayton = Bunga
    Cube = Benidorm
    Prakesh = Prong
    Bounty = Sticky Fingers
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cube - Massive Moving Box
    Bounty - Quicker Klingon Picker-Upper
    Prakesh - Ace of Spades (it’s CARDassian)
    D’Kora Krayton - Krabby (it just feels like a Krabby I don’t actually have any justification for this one)

There was a point at which I named the Bounty after different birds of prey, though. U.S.S. Eagle, Hawk, etc.
  • No, no names. It's a waste of time.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bounty: Bird of Science
    Guess What: Happy Cube (first voyage ship, first voyage ship unique name and the first pun)
    Crayton: Crouton
    Terran Enterprise: Enter Price
    Other Enterprise: Gray Ghost
    Prakesh: meh pun is meh so I don't want to post it (it's not like anybody would understand anyway), want a better one
    Shenzhou: not relevant yet and I don't really know what to chose...

Everything else have zero chance to be in the Voyage.
  • I was naming them based on which ship I used, but after the names stopped leaking between players, I largely gave that up.

Now I just use "The World is Yours"
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I answered this thread a while back but doesn't hurt to do so again I suppose.

All my ships are "Queen of Bashir" due to my collection of every Bashir variant.

I admit this does make all of my voyages sound like a luxury cruiseliner instead of a battle-hardened or military-based vessel though. And I'm okay with that, my crew and I are sailing space and sipping mimosas all the while watching shuffleboard matches on the holodeck.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.