Home The Bridge

Medics: Some figures

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought base was what shuttles ran on, lol.

Maybe you meant Voyages?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    I thought base was what shuttles ran on, lol.

Maybe you meant Voyages?

Base is what matters for Shuttles. But what's the difference between 850 and 950? Its not as big as you might think. And 950 is much worse than what an event or bonus character gives.

Tourist Quark actually has the highest DIP amongst 4*'s for Voyages (and a solid amt of MED on top of that). So I can sacrifice K'Lehyr who's a pretty mediocre Voyage character even amongst 2 skill 4*'s. She's actually worse than Author Doctor for Voyages. That's why I keep characters like BO Troi around. She has flexible stats, decent in the Gauntlet and a main cast character. And she was given away for free last year.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Tourist Quark is great for voyages, yes. I will agree on that.

However, he is rubbish as far as a primary Med crew. And you should concede my point that, for the past 5 months, we haven't had an easily obtainable primary Med crew which is extremely frustrating for newer players. I honestly don't care if you play your game with Mirror Phlox and a bunch of guys with secondary Med stats. You have obviously ignored medical stuffs since Mirror Phlox was introduced to the game way back in May last year. It seems you have so little interest in medical crew I'm surprised you're posting so much here, to be honest.

Unfortunately I wasn't around in May last year so I didn't get Mirror Phlox. There are probably players who also started since then who don't have Mirror Phlox. We also haven't had any medical crew at all since August last year. Sadly that's 5 months where newer players have had to rely on RNG and carefully saved honor to get to the point that you were gifted with in May, that you seem to care so little about, yet want to talk about so much. In fact, probably worse off because Mirror Phlox has half decent stats whereas most other primary meds do not.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/

However, he is rubbish as far as a primary Med crew. And you should concede my point that, for the past 5 months, we haven't had an easily obtainable primary Med crew which is extremely frustrating for newer players. I honestly don't care if you play your game with Mirror Phlox and a bunch of guys with secondary Med stats. You have obviously ignored medical stuffs since Mirror Phlox was introduced to the game way back in May last year. It seems you have so little interest in medical crew I'm surprised you're posting so much here, to be honest.

Unfortunately I wasn't around in May last year so I didn't get Mirror Phlox. There are probably players who also started since then who don't have Mirror Phlox. We also haven't had any medical crew at all since August last year. Sadly that's 5 months where newer players have had to rely on RNG and carefully saved honor to get to the point that you were gifted with in May, that you seem to care so little about, yet want to talk about so much.

You haven't described what you think is easily obtainable. The only thing that's easily obtainable in general are the threshold characters from Galaxy events and the daily log in reward. It takes work to get a 4/4 Ranked reward in an event, a fresh player might not be up to the task. Getting a 1/5 Ranked reward takes only a little more effort so if you can do one, you can certainly do the other. There have been multiple 5* MED's since August.

In the mean time, you've received Tourist Quark and Commander Chapel. Both are fairly solid characters with good Voyage stats. They are not "rubbish". Holonovel Doctor (daily reward from 2016) is worse than both and his main stat is MED. They're not better than Mirror Phlox but he's the best character in the game, so that's reasonable. In the mean time, everyone has roughly the same chance of getting Guinan. She's fantastic and not too rare.

I will concede that having two mega's in that period of time wasn't helping new players. They got a chance at a good 5* character but the group of MED appropriate mega characters is tiny. Surak and T'Pau are the only two I can think of that are appropriate and we've yet to see a Vulcan mega. Maybe in March for Leonard Nimoy's birthday. The only reasonable suggestion I can think of was to swap Mirror Geordi and Beverly. I haven't read the comic so I don't know if that's appropriate.
  • Brunt, FCABrunt, FCA ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ^^Mirror Phlox was in the game since day one, I believe
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I wasn't around in May last year so I didn't get Mirror Phlox. There are probably players who also started since then who don't have Mirror Phlox. We also haven't had any medical crew at all since August last year. Sadly that's 5 months where newer players have had to rely on RNG and carefully saved honor to get to the point that you were gifted with in May, that you seem to care so little about, yet want to talk about so much. In fact, probably worse off because Mirror Phlox has half decent stats whereas most other primary meds do not.

As a monthly card player, I have no FF/FE 5* outside of the four mega event characters (I’ve added a star to each using honor) which means my CMD, SEC and DIP are OK and I have a huge hole in SCI, ENG and MED. So my crew is a lot of 4/4 (mostly from events) and a whole bunch of 1/5 with the occassional 2/5. Note that the stats below are a little skewed due to starbase bonuses.

Surprisingly, Graduation Burnham 4/4 jumped to the top of my SCI, edging out 4/4 Princess Jadzia on base but with high proficiency her base roll is over 1100 and up to 1450. Her secondary ENG isn’t shabby either putting her #10 on my current active crew roster, similar to some primary 4/4* ENG like Mirror Tucker. Why anyone who doesn’t have a 5/5* Da Vinci would airlock her is beyond me as she is clearly the best 4/4* SCI/ENG by far. Lal 4/4 has my ENG base roll at about 1000 but her proficiency isn’t so high.

I was around for the first Borg mega-event but did so poorly in that first event I never got a Mirror Phlox (thankfully that was about the time I started to have enough decent crew to start placing top 1000 but not in that particular event)... I have since slowly got him star by star until I just got the last one today via those three community packs (the rest was all honor as I have Bashir, O’Brian, and Kira at 4/4). I never realized how good he was outside of gauntlet until I immortalized him. While his pure “shuttle” base puts him behind 4/4 Combat Medic Paris and 4/4 RAF Bashir, his high proficiency gives him a base roll of well over 1100 and up to 1700. While Defensive Phlox is slightly higher, he is a 5* meaning it’s hard for us low paying guys to get and even harder to FF... My point being is if you get 1/4 Mirror Phlox, you might even consider using honor to FF him as his stats will vault you into 5* MED territory. I didn’t and luckily have had him drop one star at a time over the past six months but hindsight, I probably should have used 54,000 honor to jump him 3* to FF right away instead of buying only one 5* for about the same honour (50K).

I have been debating what to do previously for leveling 5* MED, SCI and ENG so I can complete some of those difficult EPIC nodes in level 7 and 8... But my 2/5 Mirror Crusher and 2/5 Dark Ages McCoy and 1/5 Mirror Troi are so far to level (at 50,000 honor a star) and don’t seem that great relatively speaking. So I have decided to use newly FF 4* Mirror Phlox as my main MED for now.

And I’ve decided to concentrate on adding another 4* to my 1/5 Da Vinci as he will basically have SCI and ENG at over 1300-1500 (with shuttle base of ENG at 1100 and SCI over 1200) meaning given limited resources (ie, honor) I can get a high rank in both those elusive skills given it is hard to get a 5/5* outside of mega-events (which have been all CMD, SEC and some DIP) without paying a lot of money.
  • Tourist Quark is great for voyages, yes. I will agree on that.

As a monthly card player, I have no FF/FE 5* outside of the four mega event characters (I’ve added a star to each using honor) which means my CMD, SEC and DIP are OK and I have a huge hole in SCI, ENG and MED. So my crew is a lot of 4/4 (mostly from events) and a whole bunch of 1/5 with the occassional 2/5. Note that the stats below are a little skewed due to starbase bonuses.

Surprisingly, Graduation Burnham 4/4 jumped to the top of my SCI, edging out 4/4 Princess Jadzia on base but with high proficiency her base roll is over 1100 and up to 1450. Her secondary ENG isn’t shabby either putting her #10 on my current active crew roster, similar to some primary 4/4* ENG like Mirror Tucker. Why anyone who doesn’t have a 5/5* Da Vinci would airlock her is beyond me as she is clearly the best 4/4* SCI/ENG by far. Lal 4/4 has my ENG base roll at about 1000 but her proficiency isn’t so high.

I was around for the first Borg mega-event but did so poorly in that first event I never got a Mirror Phlox (thankfully that was about the time I started to have enough decent crew to start placing top 1000 but not in that particular event)... I have since slowly got him star by star until I just got the last one today via those three community packs (the rest was all honor as I have Bashir, O’Brian, and Kira at 4/4). I never realized how good he was outside of gauntlet until I immortalized him. While his pure “shuttle” base puts him behind 4/4 Combat Medic Paris and 4/4 RAF Bashir, his high proficiency gives him a base roll of well over 1100 and up to 1700. While Defensive Phlox is slightly higher, he is a 5* meaning it’s hard for us low paying guys to get and even harder to FF... My point being is if you get 1/4 Mirror Phlox, you might even consider using honor to FF him as his stats will vault you into 5* MED territory. I didn’t and luckily have had him drop one star at a time over the past six months but hindsight, I probably should have used 54,000 honor to jump him 3* to FF right away instead of buying only one 5* for about the same honour (50K).

I have been debating what to do previously for leveling 5* MED, SCI and ENG so I can complete some of those difficult EPIC nodes in level 7 and 8... But my 2/5 Mirror Crusher and 2/5 Dark Ages McCoy and 1/5 Mirror Troi are so far to level (at 50,000 honor a star) and don’t seem that great relatively speaking. So I have decided to use newly FF 4* Mirror Phlox as my main MED for now.

And I’ve decided to concentrate on adding another 4* to my 1/5 Da Vinci as he will basically have SCI and ENG at over 1300-1500 (with shuttle base of ENG at 1100 and SCI over 1200) meaning given limited resources (ie, honor) I can get a high rank in both those elusive skills given it is hard to get a 5/5* outside of mega-events (which have been all CMD, SEC and some DIP) without paying a lot of money.

So basically you're saying Mirror Phlox is one of the best in the game. Which kind of proves that Ivanstone is talking out of his rear end when he thinks we can make do with Bridge Officer Troi and Apollo while he enjoys crushing nodes with his Mirror Phlox. I see.

So basically you're saying Mirror Phlox is one of the best in the game. Which kind of proves that Ivanstone is talking out of his rear end when he thinks we can make do with Bridge Officer Troi and Apollo while he enjoys crushing nodes with his Mirror Phlox. I see.

While I have few 5/5* I have a tonne of 4/4 because I basically get top 1000 since just before the Borg event (except a few galaxies where I didn’t try hard). Both Apollo and “Body Odor” Troi are enjoying the freezer...

My top six MED is 4/4 Combat Medic Paris, 4/4 RAF Bashir, 4/4 Mirror Phlox, 4/4 Holonovel Doc, 4/4 Katra McCoy, 4/4 Dr. Crusher... while Phlox is ranked third, his base roll is well over 100 points higher than Paris and his high end roll is huge due to that massive proficiency as all of us who have faced the wall of Mirror Phlox’s in Gaunlet...

To put it into perspective, even if I managed to add 3* to FF my 2/5 Dark Ages McCoy, he would be base 972 (201-503) for a roll of 1173-1475 (using Wiki data). Mirror Phlox with no starbase bonus is 802 (278-813) for a roll of 1080-1615 which puts him in 5/5* MED territory. He may not be as great on a shuttle (but then MED is pretty rare on event shuttles) but he is much better in Gauntlet and Voyages... plus he is 4* which is a heck of a lot easier to FF than a 5*

Phlox is the best character in the game because:
    Strong base stats for shuttles
    Strong proficiencies for the Gauntlet
    Both also make him good for voyages
    Main cast character for events
    And he's even useful for Ship Battles.

So why use Troi (or Quark over him)? They're triple stat characters and have greater flexibility. Either can occupy the MED seat in a COM or DIP Voyage/Shuttle/Gauntlet whilst Phlox sits behind.

My original point with Phlox its good to have one good MED base character for the occasional shuttle but its much more important to have a good event character. Having a Quark/Troi who's good at two different stats is more valuable than having some random new MED character with a strong base. Phlox having 200 more MED than either character is nice but not game-breaking.

Say they introduce Dr. M'Benga. It will eventually happen. Let's say he's a 4* with a super strong MED base (~900) and a decent off stat like SCI (~600). Sounds just what you asked for right? I would obtain him and promptly toss him in the vault because I don't need a character like that. I do need a character like Troi or Quark.
  • 'Easily obtainable' means being obtainable in an event. Preferably as threshold.

Decent stats means on par with the other 5 skills.

Average base skill for the top 10 super-rares if each skill

Dip / Sec / Cmd / Sci / Eng / Med
    866 / 889 / 781 / 810 / 806 / 745

The other 5 skills average out at 830 base so around about that. I think anything above Katra's base will do. Up to Jadzia's base which is 958 without starbase bonuses.

I didn't do proficiencies so if you could do me the honour with those?
  • Ps Katra and Combat Medic Paris are too new to be seen on Voyages as crew drops so they are only available through the portal.
  • Bring on Dr M'Benga. He'll be welcome on my crew, and many others I suspect.

The point is, the game isn't just about you, Ivanstone. Different people have different crews, have started at different times (I'll bring you back to the whole previous 5 months with no easily obtainable super-rare medical crew malarkey this thread was originally about) and different ways of playing.

I need a M'Benga. You don't. Cool. Let me whinge about it while you enjoy your Mirror Phlox, who I also don't have.
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Phlox is the best character in the game because:
    Strong base stats for shuttles
    Strong proficiencies for the Gauntlet
    Both also make him good for voyages
    Main cast character for events
    And he's even useful for Ship Battles.

So why use Troi (or Quark over him)? They're triple stat characters and have greater flexibility. Either can occupy the MED seat in a COM or DIP Voyage/Shuttle/Gauntlet whilst Phlox sits behind.

My original point with Phlox its good to have one good MED base character for the occasional shuttle but its much more important to have a good event character. Having a Quark/Troi who's good at two different stats is more valuable than having some random new MED character with a strong base. Phlox having 200 more MED than either character is nice but not game-breaking.

Say they introduce Dr. M'Benga. It will eventually happen. Let's say he's a 4* with a super strong MED base (~900) and a decent off stat like SCI (~600). Sounds just what you asked for right? I would obtain him and promptly toss him in the vault because I don't need a character like that. I do need a character like Troi or Quark.

I agree with some of this... my main point was at my stage, I need some high base skills in all six skills for passing Epic nodes on level 7 and 8 and generic shuttle crew. Phlox is unique in having a relatively high base but a massive proficiency which makes him uniquely qualified for passing Crit nodes, Gauntlet and shuttles. His only real weakness is voyages.

But for Gauntlet, it’s clearly Phlox all the way and sometime the bartender as a second. That’s why we keep running into him and his defensive doppelgänger.

For shuttles, Phlox is third on my roster behind Paris and Bashir and just 3 points higher than McCoy for pure MED. I doubt BO Troi or Tourist Quark would come close to making the list. If it was a combo shuttle, someone else would likely be better as the second skill in an & shuttle is only 1/4 weighted. So for CMD & MED, you would be better off using 5/5 Mirror Picard with no MED instead of BO Troi.

For voyages, you have a point about triple skilled characters. But Paris and Katra McCoy and Dr. Crusher also work. For heavy MED Voyages I also have Doc Crusher, Command Hologram and the 2/5 Dark Ages McCoy and Mirror Crusher. All have MED over 1000 for voyages and three skills to stuff voyages with. Tourist Quark looks pretty good though so he might be good to help stuff some good MED and keep DIP high like the bartender is.

As for events, this is true but I can always unfreeze BO Troi (and have done so in the past) or Tourist Quark if I need them. As it stands, I’ll let Tourist Quark enjoy his Oomox a while to see if I get use out of him. Otherwise it’s back into the freezer like his super hard to level compatriot Klingon Quark already went following the faction part of this event.
    The point is, the game isn't just about you, Ivanstone. Different people have different crews, have started at different times (I'll bring you back to the whole previous 5 months with no easily obtainable super-rare medical crew malarkey this thread was originally about) and different ways of playing.

The point is, the game isn't about having mediocre characters with one good advantage. There's no need to hold your nose because Chapel and Quark are "bad". High base MED heroes like RAF Bashir and Holonovel Doctor might look good in that shuttle seat once in a blue moon but more often than not they'll just sit there waiting to be a bonus character.
  • Lol. I just sent out a voyage with all my Med team on it.

I also decided to send some shuttles, and as luck would have it I picked up RAF Bashir yesterday, still only 1 star, at level 90. Guess what? He made the first shuttle I opened.

Because despite making good use of my Med crew on the voyage, I still need a bit for shuttles.

I honestly don't know why it is so difficult for you to understand this.
  • [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Okay I'll show you some pics. This is my crew.

Here is Diplomacy. I am waiting to put a star on Sarek, but unfortunately all my honor has gone onto my Med crew so he's still lagging in sixth place.

aqo5hdbehdz6.jpg

Here's security. I haven't had to use honor on any of this crew.

5i956uxeqjz2.jpg

Here's medical. I've had to put 3 stars on Combat Medic Paris, and Katra McCoy, and one for Commander Chapel and am debating whether to star up 3 other crew obtained from Faction Events or to put it all on Bashir. Of course, if I didn't have to star up all my Med crew I'd be freezing unneeded crew in other skills, advancing important crew like Pel, or spending carefully saved chronitons for a long-hoped for event that has a decent Med primary on someone like Tourist Quark.

wcy36neioagx.jpg

All if this could have been avoided had DB thrown two or three half decent medical crew my way in the last 5 months that I could easily fully fuse instead of using up all my resources in a skill they couldn't be bothered with.

Yeah thanks DB. Now all my slots are filled with crew I can't fully fuse because none of them are in the portal and I need my honor for Med crew.

• What's your advice Mr 'We already have enough medical crew in the game'? Do you think I should fuse up Bashir or wait another 5 months for a medical event?
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your advice Mr 'We already have enough medical crew in the game'? Do you think I should fuse up Bashir or wait another 5 months for a medical event?

I would definitely fuse up Bashir. You've made your point very well I think and I am pretty certain I've been playing longer than Ivanstone. But your crew is a blast from the past for me. I used to have this exact same issue. RAF Bashir was my highest MED for the longest time, and I also had to use 6 honour citations to fuse up Katra McCoy and Combat Medic Paris. I don't think I got really substantial MED crew until pretty recently actually, like in the last 8th months maybe.

Actually my iffiest skill right now is ENG. ENG also has pretty spotty crew at the moment.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dpmt wrote: »
    I have basically a complete list of the best Medical crew in the game.
    Wowsers, Thats a good line up. I have AOS Crusher FFFE and Mobile Doc 3/5* and Mirror Crusher 1/5*

Culber doesn't seem worthy of such a high base Med compared to well established legends like EMH, Crusher, McCoy and Bashir
    especially given they killed him, or have they?

DB: Do Better
    edited January 2018
    Lol. I just sent out a voyage with all my Med team on it.

I also decided to send some shuttles, and as luck would have it I picked up RAF Bashir yesterday, still only 1 star, at level 90. Guess what? He made the first shuttle I opened.

Because despite making good use of my Med crew on the voyage, I still need a bit for shuttles.

I honestly don't know why it is so difficult for you to understand this.

Proudest day of my STT life: Immortalizing Dark Age McCoy. My first 5* immortal.

Unproudest day of my STT life: Sending out McCoy on DIP and SEC shuttles and not MED ones. This happened a lot. My precious 5* Immortal MED ended up being a passable DIP/SEC character.

Second Proudest day of my STT life: Sending out McCoy on his first Voyage. He certainly was almost no help on shuttles but Voyages? He owned them.

MED shuttles simply don't happen much. Event characters will always triumph over generics and daily shuttles self-correct in difficulty so those no need to worry about having high base MED around.

Virtually every high base MED I have got vaulted when I got them. Combat Paris sat in the vault for months despite being my best for a little time. He got unfrozen because he's very good at Voyages. Shuttle time for him? Doesn't happen unless its a Paris event.

And you know what? I am 100% fine with MED being of limited use on shuttles. The Trek property itself doesn't really support the idea of a large stock of MED characters, so its OK if we can get by on one aspect of the game without them.
    What's your advice Mr 'We already have enough medical crew in the game'? Do you think I should fuse up Bashir or wait another 5 months for a medical event?

You've made your point very well I think and I am pretty certain I've been playing longer than Ivanstone.

21 months.

I hope you were exaggerating to make a point (because it’s a valid point) but it’s hard for me to see someone who has been playing for 21 months and has a 5/5 McCoy use him on anything but a MED shuttle.

786 DIP and 725 SEC are decent stats which means on a DIP & SEC shuttle McCoy would have 786 + (1/4 * 725) = 967. However, any of the mega event characters (Kortar, T’Kumva, Picard) would beat this on SEC alone. Even 4* like Ambassador K’Ehleyr and Trader Odo would beat it. This is kind of why I find it hard to justify spending honor to get my DA McCoy to 5/5 because... well it doesn’t fill many holes for me.

It is correct to say MED shuttles don’t happen a lot (this last event notwithstanding... four MED on the three space shuttles... and only Quark as an event character with MED... WTF).

It is nice to have at least one high base MED hanging around for the odd shuttle and to help on some pesky MED nodes. It’s nicer if that high MED is versatile like DA McCoy or Combat Paris to do double duty on Voyages. Dpmt has a killer MED crew but as he points out, he spent quite a lot to get it. For the rest of us that don’t spend hundreds or thousands of $ and thus don’t have 5/5 legendaries (except for SEC/CMD Mega Event gifts), it’s pretty slim pickings, especially for Voyages where you need multiple high MED if it happens to be gold... heaven forbid a MED/ENG Voyage (Delta Flyer Paris time)

I have been patiently waiting for a Mobile Doctor or Age of Sail Crusher forever... still haven’t got one. Got Mirror Beverly and Mirror Troi in the last mega event but unless I have 200,000 honor sitting around, they’re not that useful as 1/5. I’m lucky to have the Mirror Phlox which, as I said earlier, is a lot more powerful than your usual 4* because of his massive proficiency.

So MED is a weak spot for most of us in general. Doubly so if you’re a F2P or monthly card player without a bunch of 5/5*. The only savings grace is Mirror Phlox to whom I say to everyone out there, when you get him in a lucky drop, spend the 54,000 honor and FF him ASAP. Other than Voyages, he is by far the best MED for the buck, especially since he is 4* but he gets really close to decent 5* MED stats.

You've made your point very well I think and I am pretty certain I've been playing longer than Ivanstone.

21 months.

23 for me. I started in February of 2016.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    I hope you were exaggerating to make a point (because it’s a valid point) but it’s hard for me to see someone who has been playing for 21 months and has a 5/5 McCoy use him on anything but a MED shuttle.

I'm honestly not. The MED seat on daily shuttles is pretty uncommon and sometimes it has an AND/OR attached to it. There was a period of time where McCoy was my best MED and a highly competitive SEC/DIP. This stopped when the Klingon Mega happened.

I became keenly aware of how little use my only 5* immortal was. At the time, he was sub-par for Gauntlet although he's been buffed with more traits since then. Daily shuttles he wasn't much use in and even if I did use him, daily shuttles are self-correcting in difficulty so using a better character isn't that much help.

That leaves events. Naturally he'll own in a McCoy event. In a non-McCoy event that doesn't have any MED bonus crew, he's only OK. Just remember that he's only best in a pure MED seat without competition. MED AND/OR seats are often occupied by bonus crew using the other stat. If there's MED bonus crew, my best character is worse. Even when he gets to occupy the MED seat the increased success chance he provides is pretty small. That's a lot of criteria to be met just to use him. This past event I didn't have Quark, so when the solo MED seats came up I just used whoever was not on Voyage. It didn't really matter who I picked.

I'm honestly not. The MED seat on daily shuttles is pretty uncommon and sometimes it has an AND/OR attached to it. There was a period of time where McCoy was my best MED and a highly competitive SEC/DIP. This stopped when the Klingon Mega happened.

I became keenly aware of how little use my only 5* immortal was. At the time, he was sub-par for Gauntlet although he's been buffed with more traits since then. Daily shuttles he wasn't much use in and even if I did use him, daily shuttles are self-correcting in difficulty so using a better character isn't that much help.

That leaves events. Naturally he'll own in a McCoy event. In a non-McCoy event that doesn't have any MED bonus crew, he's only OK. Just remember that he's only best in a pure MED seat without competition. MED AND/OR seats are often occupied by bonus crew using the other stat. If there's MED bonus crew, my best character is worse. Even when he gets to occupy the MED seat the increased success chance he provides is pretty small. That's a lot of criteria to be met just to use him. This past event I didn't have Quark, so when the solo MED seats came up I just used whoever was not on Voyage. It didn't really matter who I picked.

No offence here, but at this point I think you're just talking to hear yourself talk.

The point of the thread is simple, numerous players have noted that MED is weak and when it comes to events and voyages, MED needs to be stepped up in terms of having stronger more available 4* MED crew (and I also argue 5* MED crew). Just because you don't think there's a problem, that's fine, you believe what you want, but this thread is about the people who, outnumbering you, think there is a dearth of viable MED crew currently.

No offence here, but at this point I think you're just talking to hear yourself talk.

The point of the thread is simple, numerous players have noted that MED is weak and when it comes to events and voyages, MED needs to be stepped up in terms of having stronger more available 4* MED crew (and I also argue 5* MED crew). Just because you don't think there's a problem, that's fine, you believe what you want, but this thread is about the people who, outnumbering you, think there is a dearth of viable MED crew currently.

As I've pointed out numerous times:
    5x 4* MED's in the month of August. Two since then.
    6x 5* MED's since August (assuming Glad McCoy is MED).
    Not including any that are available from packs. Some people are just being fussy and making demands whilst ignoring what was actually released.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭

Not including any that are available from packs. Some people are just being fussy and making demands whilst ignoring what was actually released.

I'd just like to say, on behalf of F2P and monthly card people, that 5* event crew aren't always attainable/keepable. I'd much rather a 4* MED crew that I can FF than a 1/5* MED crew that will be harder to level and overall less helpful.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd just like to say, on behalf of F2P and monthly card people, that 5* event crew aren't always attainable/keepable. I'd much rather a 4* MED crew that I can FF than a 1/5* MED crew that will be harder to level and overall less helpful.

Ditto!

I decided to work on 2/4* RAF Bashir instead of 1/5* Mirror Beverly Crusher for this exact reason, along with everything else that has been discussed in this thread. I think that Belle'Anna's numbers speak for themselves, especially the average core (base) skills across the top 10. That average skill is more glaring than the distribution percentages in the original post, if you ask me.

Just my 2 dil.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I don't think anyone realistically things that we should have Med as often as say Dip, but it would be a very good thing for it to be a bit more often, lol.

I feel like Ivan is scared of that concept.