Home The Bridge

Medics: Some figures

1235»

Comments

• Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a stat for you to digest:
    Today, there are 151 Legendary cards in the game.
    Today, 17 of those are Medic for one of 3 of the traits.
    Leonardo Da Vinci has the 'worst' Med skill of any FF/FE Legendary card, sub 400 (Tertiary Skill). Following up the rear are DF Paris and Temporal Prisoner Chakotay.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saying that, there was always a major battle in every episode. Someone always had the guns or swords out, in fact DB's stats are just right. 22.5% of every episode was about people shooting stuff, 27.5% chitty chat and less than 10% doctoring. Usually bandaging people up after they've knocked each other about.

Actually that's Star Wars. Sorry, I got confused for a moment. Star Trek is 90% talk, 5% guns and swords, and a bit of everything else just for variety.

Yeah, don’t bring a knife to a phaser fight...

They're usually carefully written so that it's one or the other. Need someone to use a Bat'leth? Make sure no-one has a phaser handy.

Nah... T’Kumva made that mistake... ask Burnham...

Well Discovery is supposed to break the rules right?
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Saying that, there was always a major battle in every episode. Someone always had the guns or swords out, in fact DB's stats are just right. 22.5% of every episode was about people shooting stuff, 27.5% chitty chat and less than 10% doctoring. Usually bandaging people up after they've knocked each other about.

Actually that's Star Wars. Sorry, I got confused for a moment. Star Trek is 90% talk, 5% guns and swords, and a bit of everything else just for variety.

They're usually carefully written so that it's one or the other. Need someone to use a Bat'leth? Make sure no-one has a phaser handy.

He’s not the first one...

xc8r6rwdmg9a.gif
    Pallidyne wrote: »

He’s not the first one...

I thought that was the selling point --- all the comicon interviews and such.....
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky early on with MED crew, having been able to FF Crell Moset before the advent of honor or citations without being a huge spender as well as having Mirror Phlox, RAF Bashir, and CM Paris. Voyages are a little tough these days without crew like Culber but I make do. Shuttles and the Gauntlet are never a problem.

That being said, I get that people who haven’t played for two years are cross that easily-acquired MED crew aren’t available. Personally, I’d like to see more just from a collector’s standpoint. There are multiple reasons to have more and “but there are already enough based on usage on TV and in shuttle missions” has nothing to do with it.
  • Incredible breakdown of the stats from different angles Lady Gaghgagh! Thank you very much! I'm going to keep this issue alive and see if we can't get some response from DB!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Just doing some more base stat comparisons.

Here is Waitress Ezri. She is my sixth best Med. Fully equipped at 3 stars.

5s4vodllvqgf.jpg

I have 32 crew with Security stats that are better than her Med stat. Starting with 2/4 Ruk level 70 not fully equipped.

I have 20 crew with better diplomacy than Waitress Ezri's Med stat.

I have 17 crew with better Command stats than Ezri's Med.

I have 14 crew with better engineering stats than Waitress Ezri's Med stat.

I have 14 crew with better Science stats. Festive Jadzia 2/2 FFFE has a better base.

I suppose I could resurrect Commando Crusher worst comes to the worst. But I would prefer it if DB had a realization that they hadn't actually put a decent super-rare Med in the game for 6 months. I spend all my honor on trying to balance my crew which means I have a truck tonne of crew that could have been properly finished off instead of taking up precious crew space.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spend all my honor on trying to balance my crew which means I have a truck tonne of crew that could have been properly finished off instead of taking up precious crew space.

My focus still is (although to a lesser extent now) on balancing my crew. This is a quest I was in deep with over the past year because I had noticed I suffered terribly when it came to MED, SCI, and ENG on shuttles as well as regular missions (voyages hadn't been released yet).

So I made it my goal to gather 10 of each primary skill crew with over 700 in their respective skill. It took a lot of time, but I did it. MED as you will already know, was the hardest to get that goal accomplished with. I didn't get my 10th 700+ MED crew until Katra McCoy rolled out I think. I have used quite a lot of honour and dilithium to get them too.

Now how I focus my balance is the mean/average of my top 10 primary skill crew in each skill. I still await each Friday to learn of the next week's new release and continue to hope for a new 4 or 5-star strong MED primary crew member.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Here's hoping my constant whinging has borne fruit :)llv9w08bh59m.jpg

hbzcvi5o4apz.jpg

Here's hoping my constant whinging has borne fruit :)

I am sincerely hoping this too.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all hope she is med primary with three skills.
    Let’s fly!

Agreed, I feel like 2-skill wonders are a bit too prevalent lately.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't count on MED primary with her. An Admiral is going to either have CMD or DIP, but it's the "prisoner" aspect that throws a spanner into the works... so it's possible that SEC will be primary instead. But MED? I very much doubt it. Secondary, at best (if at all).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
    Data1001 wrote: »

I wouldn't count on MED primary with her. An Admiral is going to either have CMD or DIP, but it's the "prisoner" aspect that throws a spanner into the works... so it's possible that SEC will be primary instead. But MED? I very much doubt it. Secondary, at best (if at all).

Realistically, I expect her to be DIP primary. Then I am hoping MED secondary and COM or SEC tertiary.
    I will lose my **tsk tsk** if she is SEC or COM primary, like DB needs to quit with all the same stat bs on mega-event recurring crew.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mirror Phlox is taunting me in the Terran Empire center as I type this, on sale now for only 1500 dilithium. I gotta stop reading these MED threads, because US $2 for him actually seems reasonable to me right now....
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Realistically, I expect her to be DIP primary. Then I am hoping MED secondary and COM or SEC tertiary.
    I will lose my *hugs* if she is SEC or COM primary, like DB needs to quit with all the same stat *hugs* on mega-event recurring crew.

That's kind of what I expect too. So long as the Med is actually useful. There are a few med/dip combos useful for Gauntlet and I'm not interested in that. Base stats! I have a lot of decent Dip but oddly enough no-one breaches the 900 mark, which I have managed for all the other skills bar engineering, and that's a few honor points or a single card away.

If she breaks over 660 Med at 4 stars she'll hit my top 3 Meds but that's not very exciting really. I'll definitely fully fuse her if she does though, realistically with stat creep she should be over 1000 Dip, close to that with Med, and about 500-600 command or security. But we'll see.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I will lose my *hugs* if she is SEC or COM primary, like DB needs to quit with all the same stat *hugs* on mega-event recurring crew.

That's kind of what I expect too. So long as the Med is actually useful. There are a few med/dip combos useful for Gauntlet and I'm not interested in that. Base stats! I have a lot of decent Dip but oddly enough no-one breaches the 900 mark, which I have managed for all the other skills bar engineering, and that's a few honor points or a single card away.

If she breaks over 660 Med at 4 stars she'll hit my top 3 Meds but that's not very exciting really. I'll definitely fully fuse her if she does though, realistically with stat creep she should be over 1000 Dip, close to that with Med, and about 500-600 command or security. But we'll see.

Well, I'm happy to have been proven wrong, in this case.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/42489/#Comment_42489

Belle'Anna, you got your wish!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    lpxcr3mh313v.jpg

New mega event Med crew
    This has honestly been the high point of my day. That's kinda sad, but at least we get a nice strong MED free 5*.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind that does include our Starbase plus 7 base and plus 5 percent roll stats.
  • My starbase cranks too so she's getting all the honor saved for Mirror Phlox (who typically I got only yesterday).

This has truly made my day too Lady Gaghgagh!

And she's one of my fave characters in the new show (even though she hasn't had enough air time imo) so doubly chuffed!

• Or maybe I'll just buy her. It will break my game budget but hell. Two great Meds in a month? I'll take it!
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    For whatever reason, I also like her quite a bit. Couldnt understand the other choices over her for prior mega events but she is here and DB made some great stats. Can't ask for anything else!
  • I think DB does listen, and maybe they thought we were right. Anyway, good on 'em and it will stop me whinging for a few months at least ;)
  • Or maybe I'll just buy her. It will break my game budget but hell. Two great Meds in a month? I'll take it!

If you are going to spend money the best bang for the buck is definitely doing a Double your Crew offer in the first event.

Make sure your last one is clear before you claim the event reward. If you haven't been spending much it probably is, but worth keeping in mind until it pops so a random Guinan or something doesn't mess you up. (I've had well laid plans messed up by finally getting Guinan from the gauntlet specifically.)

Also I'm glad that Medical is getting some mega event love.
    Dpmt wrote: »
    Or maybe I'll just buy her. It will break my game budget but hell. Two great Meds in a month? I'll take it!

If you are going to spend money the best bang for the buck is definitely doing a Double your Crew offer in the first event.

Make sure your last one is clear before you claim the event reward. If you haven't been spending much it probably is, but worth keeping in mind until it pops so a random Guinan or something doesn't mess you up. (I've had well laid plans messed up by finally getting Guinan from the gauntlet specifically.)

Also I'm glad that Medical is getting some mega event love.

Lol yeah, for me it was my lone Dabo jackpot that messed me up, lol.