Home The Bridge

Gauntlet and blood pressure

I'm sure the question has been asked and the comments made. But DB, for all that is good and holy in the universe, why can't you remove training holograms from Gauntlet rewards????,?

Comments

• I can answer this question myself! Gauntlet is designed from scratch to be best for the ones that have less or that have invested less or almost nothing! That is why, having a 1/5 is the same that haveing the same crew FF, what really matters is to have that crew at elast once.
    For those people, that have less, they do need Training programs!
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can answer this question myself! Gauntlet is designed from scratch to be best for the ones that have less or that have invested less or almost nothing! That is why, having a 1/5 is the same that haveing the same crew FF, what really matters is to have that crew at elast once.

I am theoretically "one of those people" (meaning I don't spend lots of money on the game and use 1/5*s in gauntlet), and I hate the trainers. There are so many other ways to get them now, I'd rather have basically anything else.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I get high blood pressure when I make 11-15 rank or even win a gauntlet and get 7 medium to best or 7 best packs (that's what I try, either win or 11-15) ... and then what do I get from the final rewards?

One 2* Polyalloy, One 2* Expansion Module, Five 3* Trainers, 20 Chronitons, One 2* Incense, Two 3* Furs, Seven 4* Trainers

Not even an equipment item! No more than 20 chronitons and trainers of lower than gold quality. And that happens 90% of all gauntlet finishes. I've played around 8500 rounds on Guinan's watch ... of course not a single Guinan, either in streaks or end reward packs.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

I partially agree with two caveats.
    1 - The Gauntlet came out well before Voyages which give a lot of Trainers.
    2 - Shuttle failures giving trainers is a relatively new feature.
    Trainers are much more plentiful than they used to be.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get high blood pressure when I make 11-15 rank or even win a gauntlet and get 7 medium to best or 7 best packs (that's what I try, either win or 11-15) ... and then what do I get from the final rewards?

One 2* Polyalloy, One 2* Expansion Module, Five 3* Trainers, 20 Chronitons, One 2* Incense, Two 3* Furs, Seven 4* Trainers

If you do win, the only of those rewards you'll get is the chrons or furs. Top 10 boxes give no trainers and no components/items worse than 3*.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    Rewards should not always necessarily be useful but should have some residual value. In this case they do, replicator fodder.
  • Haven’t played gauntlet in weeks (maybe months). Since everyone now has everything, it’s gotten quite boring and stale.

Btw: I have been playing for almost 2 years and I think the game gives players far too many chronitons nowadays...
  • Antar3s wrote: »
    Haven’t played gauntlet in weeks (maybe months). Since everyone now has everything, it’s gotten quite boring and stale.

Btw: I have been playing for almost 2 years and I think the game gives players far too many chronitons nowadays...

You can't get too many chronitons.
  • Clanof wrote: »
    Antar3s wrote: »
    Haven’t played gauntlet in weeks (maybe months). Since everyone now has everything, it’s gotten quite boring and stale.

The reason I quit playing a year and a half ago was because of the lack of chronitons. I came back around the time they introduced voyages and I've stayed because chronitons are more readily available now, I almost certainly would have quit again in short order if they hadn't fixed the chroniton issue.

Same here!

• Antar3s wrote: »

I've been playing for almost two years, and the previous lack of chronitons did nothing but condemn everyone to a frustrating, glacial pace. God help you if you needed components with a 1-2 pip drop rate from those 24 chroniton missions. That way, you could easily kiss goodbye most of a day's worth of accumulation in 15 seconds, and have a good chance of nothing to show for it.

The extra chronitons were the best thing they ever did for this game. Full stop. And I believe the change was a tacit acknowledgement that they *needed* to speed up character leveling, given the non-stop rate at which they've been throwing crew at us. The pile-up simply became too frustrating.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You folks who stopped playing the Gauntlet, how in the world do you have any merits left? Or do you just never buy anything in the faction centers, like, ever?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    You folks who stopped playing the Gauntlet, how in the world do you have any merits left? Or do you just never buy anything in the faction centers, like, ever?

Daily targets provide a nice, steady income of merits. On net, I actually burn merits faster the more gauntlet I play.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

Daily targets provide a nice, steady income of merits. On net, I actually burn merits faster the more gauntlet I play.

Wow, I'd never have enough from just the daily targets. And I don't even spend merits in Gauntlet anymore. So I must be buying a lot more faction items than you do, I guess. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merit farming in gaunlet is easy... never refresh and just play and to heck with winning and ranks... or just fall way behind and kick 10 point opponents like you want to make a streak.
  • The Gauntlet is the place that needs the most love at this point. It's algorithms make no sense.
    I understand that it is supposed to appeal to be fair for newer players, but when all of us own the same old tired gauntlet crew, and with the traits almost always hitting the same old gauntlet crew, it has become incredibly stale. There is no strategy, the game seems to be rigged in an absurd way, the same Host for a year and it just so happens to be the main source of Merits.

Sigh. So many people have talked about it over and over again online and in chat. DB does nothing. People are resigned.

What would you do to fix it?
    Change the host every two or three months.
    Allow a way to win weapons or advantages that increase the characters powers.
    Make sure that only one trait matches Guinan, Locutus, Kahless, Mirror Picard, etc.
    Use two or three traits that pump up less used characters to they have a fighting chance
    Make it so when you use your crew, it lowers your stats for the people fighting you. That way, you aren't always going up against maxed out crew members and have to strategize how often you use your crew. I would also decrease the refresh times so that it becomes more competitive and strategic.
    Find a way to pair up with members of your Fleet. This might take too much programming, but it would be fun and engage Fleet play.
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Gauntlet is the place that needs the most love at this point. It's algorithms make no sense.
    I understand that it is supposed to appeal to be fair for newer players, but when all of us own the same old tired gauntlet crew, and with the traits almost always hitting the same old gauntlet crew, it has become incredibly stale. There is no strategy, the game seems to be rigged in an absurd way, the same Host for a year and it just so happens to be the main source of Merits.

Sigh. So many people have talked about it over and over again online and in chat. DB does nothing. People are resigned.

What would you do to fix it?
    Change the host every two or three months.
    Allow a way to win weapons or advantages that increase the characters powers.
    Make sure that only one trait matches Guinan, Locutus, Kahless, Mirror Picard, etc.
    Use two or three traits that pump up less used characters to they have a fighting chance
    Make it so when you use your crew, it lowers your stats for the people fighting you. That way, you aren't always going up against maxed out crew members and have to strategize how often you use your crew. I would also decrease the refresh times so that it becomes more competitive and strategic.
    Find a way to pair up with members of your Fleet. This might take too much programming, but it would be fun and engage Fleet play.

For me it’s become brainless... Locutus, Picard (no Kahless), and Mirror Phlox. Then the last two are usually Guinan, 7 of 9, Tempted Data with the occasional other if they have massive traits...
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would also create strategy of you could see the next 3 pending battles.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

If you do win, the only of those rewards you'll get is the chrons or furs. Top 10 boxes give no trainers and no components/items worse than 3*.

Okay, then those 2* items were from 11-15 rank packs. You're right, I think when I won, I got just 3* components and chronitons. But even then it was not satisfactory at all.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Not even an equipment item! No more than 20 chronitons and trainers of lower than gold quality. And that happens 90% of all gauntlet finishes. I've played around 8500 rounds on Guinan's watch ... of course not a single Guinan, either in streaks or end reward packs.

Absolutely the same here.

• [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can answer this question myself! Gauntlet is designed from scratch to be best for the ones that have less or that have invested less or almost nothing! That is why, having a 1/5 is the same that haveing the same crew FF, what really matters is to have that crew at elast once.

That may have been the case in the beginning till proficiency rooms in starbase came into effect. Considering most top Fleets have requirements varying from Captain level, rankings and 3rd party chat apps it no longer applies to everyone.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trainers from the 3/6/9/12 streak boxes are fine.

Trainers from 15+ streak boxes are very frustrating to see.

There are no trainers in the T10 boxes at the end of the gauntlet. Let's take them out of the top-level streak box too.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭

Not even an equipment item! No more than 20 chronitons and trainers of lower than gold quality. And that happens 90% of all gauntlet finishes. I've played around 8500 rounds on Guinan's watch ... of course not a single Guinan, either in streaks or end reward packs.

I feel your pain and share it. I can finish in the top 5 with a streak of 24+ wins and I get nothing of interest apart from a couple of portal pulls and some crons.

Other players in my fleet are talking about getting their sixth Guinan and having to trade her for honour
  • Unfortunately, as it stands, Gaunlet could use some balancing, both in terms of rewards and in characters with high crit chance actually critting. Last one might just be me being unlucky, though.

One of the things that bothers me is the lack of a well built item detecting feature like Dabo (though it may be a bit hit and miss as well). When I say well built, I mean it actually tracks resources you're lacking. Most of my rewards are items that I already have and are piling up without use, and I almost see fit to use them as rep fodder. What makes a blood fountain out of my neck is the insane amount of 3* trainers I get and don't need, not unlike many here.

(hint: I could use a Guinan or two)
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trainers are filler. DB gives them when they need to give something but don't want to provide something of value.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t mind the Gauntlet so much. I occasionally get gear that would be a pain to farm or build, it occasionally sends me more chrons, I've gotten both Guinan and Locutus, and the overwhelming number of trainers means I will run out of credits long before I run out of fuel for my replicators.

Even the staleness component isn’t *so* bad with different starbase levels for each of the proficiency boosters. Where I once saw seven identical Mirror Phloxes, now there are seven Mirror Picards with different numbers next to them. The differences are small but enough to not make me feel like a complete pile.
  • IMHO gauntlet is now broken or at least need to be modified:
    1. Walls of same character
    2. Questionable crits
    3. Questionable algorithm
    4. Why some ppl get multiple Guinan like up to 7, and some not
    5. Why higher streak crates still give blue trainers?
    6. Etc etc

Besides getting freebies, most ppl probably have no motivation playing them
  • I think the "walls of the same character" will be really hard to fix.
    When a character is good for the gauntlet people will use it and many of us have the same characters.

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"
    I think the "walls of the same character" will be really hard to fix.
    When a character is good for the gauntlet people will use it and many of us have the same characters.

Not really. Everybody playing brings a number of characters to the game. It should be easy enough to determine if the character has already appeared and then replace them with another character.
    IMHO gauntlet is now broken or at least need to be modified:
    1. Walls of same character
    2. Questionable crits
    3. Questionable algorithm
    4. Why some ppl get multiple Guinan like up to 7, and some not
    5. Why higher streak crates still give blue trainers?
    6. Etc etc

Besides getting freebies, most ppl probably have no motivation playing them

I have been having really bad luck against the random number generator on Gauntlet recently I had 5 chars in a row who lost against opposition that they put classed AND had a crit advantage

When it gets like that you start to wonder what is the point